[link to vanshardware.com]
overwatch

User ID: 15399364
United States
12/21/2012 12:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: US stock futures waaaaaay down DOOM ON
doesnt the feds charter expire supposedly on the 21st?
Saddletramp

User ID: 736969
Puerto Rico
12/21/2012 12:22 AM
Report Abusive Post

A BS Flag for quotes...interesting...

I think you could see a 500 point or more drop tomorrow...last day of trading before Christmas...
 Quoting: Saddletramp

Saddle, as you know if they want it to drop it -500 tomorrow it will ! The natural price discovery mechanism's have been removed from the market "entirely" The price of everything must be hammered to paint a pretty chart for the chartists to talk about for the next year. Inflation ? What inflation, let's look at the chart !

Priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28621700

That's why I only rarely play equities anymore...

As for inflation, the commodity markets have been showing increasing deflationary pressure all this week, and that is a bit worrisome after the Fed's QE4eva program they announced last week. I think the next "inflation" we see could be "Hyperinflation", which is not growth at all, but a total collapse in confidence in the currency...

Probably when China finally announces Gold Backing for the Yuan...

Still, while they may let the market swing wildly to influence FIscal Cliff negotiations, I still believe the real fireworks aren't until after the 1st of the year...

I wanted to ask you saddletramp, what your thoughts on the Queeen of England were regarding her tour of the Gold vaults and declaring that it's "all" there...........see.
Could the 11 countries that are committed to the implementation of the Basel 3 accord change the tier asset category for Gold from a tier-3 (50% weighting to their balance sheets as an asset) to a tier-1 (100% weighting on the balance sheets) on about the first of January ? Something is up with Gold.........I smell it !
Sooner or later they are going to deploy that Gold they have been hoarding all while poo-pooing it.

From Yahoo News

AS ONE of 11 Basel Committee on Banking Supervision member countries, South Africa would be ready to implement tougher capital adequacy reforms for banks from next month.

Africa’s largest economy has finalised its rules, which were submitted to Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan for approval.

The country’s banks join those from Japan, Switzerland and Singapore, among others, that have also raised their capital buffers, the Basel Committee said last week in a progress report.

The report was issued after the committee met last Thursday and Friday to discuss the progress of its members in implementing capital adequacy reforms, which are meant to strengthen bank balance sheets. The reforms require global banks to at least triple their capital buffers in stages until 2019.

[link to za.news.yahoo.com]

Basel III is going to be a bigger driver in the economy than Basel II mark to market was in 2008! Some of these banks are going to have to undergo massive deleveraging to get to Basel III standards, and you are right, they are going to have to buy at least enough Tier I assets, like gold and liquid AAA securities and equities to operate for one month in the event that all credit to the bank is "cut off".

Sounds a bit like they are planning for something...

I think the Queen's tour of the gold vaults on TV was for public consumption, to convince them that they do indeed have some gold still in the vaults when currencies begin to swing from fiat to commodity backed currencies...at a discount from the old fiat currencies of course, ($200 old for $100 new, or something like that).

The Queen's tour was a bit too much like the Fed's surprise audit of their gold holdings last year for comfort...
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13974494
United States
12/21/2012 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag
Saddletramp

Puerto Rico
12/21/2012 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: overwatch

Here's the deal on that, the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 does NOT expire, but there were charters granted within that act, one to the Federal Reserve Bank of the United States, and others to the regional Federal Reserve Banks of Chicago, New York, etc...

The regional federal reserve banks had by statute a 20 year charter, but they were given the right to renew those charters with approval from the Federal Reserve Board every twenty years. The Federal Reserve Bank of the United States was given no expiration date in their charter, nor was any expiration date placed into their Articles of Incorporation.

Because no expiration date was given, the legal precedent at both the State and Federal Court level has been that 99 years is the maximum Franchise, Charter, Leasehold if no shorter date is given. But someone will have to sue to have this enforced by a Federal Court...

It would only require another act of congress giving the Federal Reserve the right to renew their charter, though it SHOULD require a Constitutional Amendment, since the Constitution plainly states that the Currency of the United States is supposed to be Gold or Silver...but gold backing for Federal Reserve Notes was removed by Nixon in 1971...

Some Precedent does say 100 years might be the Maximum...or 99 years, 364 days...in any case I believe it's all coming to a head next year when the United States will return backing to their currency to stave off the impending collapse of all Fiat currencies...by design of course...
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
overwatch

User ID: 15399364
United States
12/21/2012 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: overwatch

Here's the deal on that, the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 does NOT expire, but there were charters granted within that act, one to the Federal Reserve Bank of the United States, and others to the regional Federal Reserve Banks of Chicago, New York, etc...

The regional federal reserve banks had by statute a 20 year charter, but they were given the right to renew those charters with approval from the Federal Reserve Board every twenty years. The Federal Reserve Bank of the United States was given no expiration date in their charter, nor was any expiration date placed into their Articles of Incorporation.

Because no expiration date was given, the legal precedent at both the State and Federal Court level has been that 99 years is the maximum Franchise, Charter, Leasehold if no shorter date is given. But someone will have to sue to have this enforced by a Federal Court...

It would only require another act of congress giving the Federal Reserve the right to renew their charter, though it SHOULD require a Constitutional Amendment, since the Constitution plainly states that the Currency of the United States is supposed to be Gold or Silver...but gold backing for Federal Reserve Notes was removed by Nixon in 1971...

Some Precedent does say 100 years might be the Maximum...or 99 years, 364 days...in any case I believe it's all coming to a head next year when the United States will return backing to their currency to stave off the impending collapse of all Fiat currencies...by design of course...

hmmmmmm, interesting

Last Edited by overwatch on 12/21/2012 12:39 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28621700
United States
12/21/2012 12:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

Saddle, as you know if they want it to drop it -500 tomorrow it will ! The natural price discovery mechanism's have been removed from the market "entirely" The price of everything must be hammered to paint a pretty chart for the chartists to talk about for the next year. Inflation ? What inflation, let's look at the chart !

Priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for inflation, the commodity markets have been showing increasing deflationary pressure all this week, and that is a bit worrisome after the Fed's QE4eva program they announced last week. I think the next "inflation" we see could be "Hyperinflation", which is not growth at all, but a total collapse in confidence in the currency...

Still, while they may let the market swing wildly to influence FIscal Cliff negotiations, I still believe the real fireworks aren't until after the 1st of the year...

I wanted to ask you saddletramp, what your thoughts on the Queeen of England were regarding her tour of the Gold vaults and declaring that it's "all" there...........see.
Could the 11 countries that are committed to the implementation of the Basel 3 accord change the tier asset category for Gold from a tier-3 (50% weighting to their balance sheets as an asset) to a tier-1 (100% weighting on the balance sheets) on about the first of January ? Something is up with Gold.........I smell it !
Sooner or later they are going to deploy that Gold they have been hoarding all while poo-pooing it.

From Yahoo News

AS ONE of 11 Basel Committee on Banking Supervision member countries, South Africa would be ready to implement tougher capital adequacy reforms for banks from next month.

Africa’s largest economy has finalised its rules, which were submitted to Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan for approval.

The country’s banks join those from Japan, Switzerland and Singapore, among others, that have also raised their capital buffers, the Basel Committee said last week in a progress report.

The report was issued after the committee met last Thursday and Friday to discuss the progress of its members in implementing capital adequacy reforms, which are meant to strengthen bank balance sheets. The reforms require global banks to at least triple their capital buffers in stages until 2019.

Basel III is going to be a bigger driver in the economy than Basel II mark to market was in 2008! Some of these banks are going to have to undergo massive deleveraging to get to Basel III standards, and you are right, they are going to have to buy at least enough Tier I assets, like gold and liquid AAA securities and equities to operate for one month in the event that all credit to the bank is "cut off".

I think the Queen's tour of the gold vaults on TV was for public consumption, to convince them that they do indeed have some gold still in the vaults when currencies begin to swing from fiat to commodity backed currencies...at a discount from the old fiat currencies of course, ($200 old for $100 new, or something like that).

The Queen's tour was a bit too much like the Fed's surprise audit of their gold holdings last year for comfort...

Thanks Saddletramp as you have been in the company of bankers your opinion hold alot of weight with me.

Thanks again !peace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8915967
United States
12/21/2012 12:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
DOW 7000 coming!

Bank on it
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25463516
United States
12/21/2012 12:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Doom off.
/ES has recovered

No carsh,
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25463516
United States
12/21/2012 12:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Doom off.
/ES has recovered

No carsh,
Children of the Atom

User ID: 20257839
United States
12/21/2012 01:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

From Yahoo News

Thanks Saddletramp as you have been in the company of bankers your opinion hold alot of weight with me.

Thanks again !peace

Indeed, if this is what you were implying, it seems to me that this would fleece a lot of their own. The .99% sacked for the .001%
Saddletramp

Puerto Rico
12/21/2012 01:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

From Yahoo News

Thanks again !peace

Indeed, if this is what you were implying, it seems to me that this would fleece a lot of their own. The .99% sacked for the .001%
 Quoting: Children of the Atom

Well what you have to understand is this, the Elite own 90 to 95% of the commodities, energy reserves, real estate, etc that they will be baseing any currency backing on, so what they lose in "Currency", they will more than make up for on the other end...

The ones who will really lose is the savers, the people with Pensions or Retirement Accounts, Fixed Income people, people working a job for a salary...

And this system has always been built on the Trillionaires, eat the Billionaires, who eat the Millionaires, it's a constant funnel from the bottom to the top, it used to be that it trickled back down (after the top kept a percentage of course), but now even that has been broken...it's just all straight to the top now...

Last Edited by Saddletramp on 12/21/2012 01:14 AM

"We don't rent pigs!"
DMTHC

User ID: 30311886
Australia
12/21/2012 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

Will this have any effect? or will it still be ran pretty much exactly the same?

I have no idea tounge
Let me let you in on a little secrete of mine, as far as god goes I don't believe in your kind- I think we all god just gotter look deeper inside, that's probably what your bible means by you seek and you find.
Kenji

User ID: 22343078
United States
12/21/2012 01:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Guys... the stock price "crashing" is because the government can't come to an agreement on the fiscal cliff deal.

dropping 1-2% is not a "crash"

A crash would be something significant and unusual.

Once the market drops 3%+, let's talk.

That said, the market has been a little too optimistic about a fiscal cliff deal in the last 2 weeks, now that the end of the year is close and government still doesn't seem to be close to a deal, market may take a significant hit by the end of the year.
Saddletramp

Puerto Rico
12/21/2012 01:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Guys... the stock price "crashing" is because the government can't come to an agreement on the fiscal cliff deal.

dropping 1-2% is not a "crash"

A crash would be something significant and unusual.

Once the market drops 3%+, let's talk.

That said, the market has been a little too optimistic about a fiscal cliff deal in the last 2 weeks, now that the end of the year is close and government still doesn't seem to be close to a deal, market may take a significant hit by the end of the year.
 Quoting: Kenji

The only thing about that statement in this, the overnights are just a trend indicator, they rarely move more than 1%, and that move is usually only a little less than half of the move that comes in the daily market...and Friday is the last day of trading before Christmas...

I think we have the potential for a 500 point downward move in the DOW tomorrow, but we'll have to see what the volume is at the open to be sure if that's even possible...

Also, they will be trying to panic the market for the sake of influencing the Fiscal Cliff negotiations...don't think that isn't an issue here...

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29687017
United States
12/21/2012 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
The market went up for no reason the last few days. I think that people were getting out of short positions. That will drive the market up. Now the market is up more than it should be and should come down nicely over the next few days. It sure would be funny if the rest of the investors on Wall Street read this as panic selling and the market tanked. We could only hope!
PhilippinoBob

User ID: 16604126
Philippines
12/21/2012 02:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know about you but I didn't take a chance.
I bought option puts as insurance against a big drop.
PhilippinoBob
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3021200
United States
12/21/2012 02:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
S&P -26.60 / -1.85%
Data as of 8:21pm ET

Nasdaq -43.50 / -1.62%
Data as of 8:21pm ET

Dow -271.00 / -2.04%
Data as of 8:20pm ET

[link to money.cnn.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29271249

the bougey man is coming ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16855291
Australia
12/21/2012 03:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know about you but I didn't take a chance.
I bought option puts as insurance against a big drop.
 Quoting: PhilippinoBob

wise move the federal reserve charter ends tonight
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29687017
United States
12/21/2012 05:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Dow Futures: -195
Nasdaq Futures: -42
S&P Futures: -23

Not looking too good for the open this morning. Yee haw!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 831183
United Kingdom
12/21/2012 05:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
This should be an interesting day for the markets

bump

GLP