Eerie Red Sky in GA!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4042505
United States
12/21/2012 12:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Eerie Red Sky in GA!
Re: Wheres John Titor when you need him?
in his timeline nothing happened tomorrow?
Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29937959

Nothing will happen that is significant -- yet.

Red skies.
Cascading fault lines?
New Madrid.
Yellowstone.
Keep watching.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29625138
United Kingdom
12/21/2012 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
is pink not red...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30506776
United States
12/21/2012 12:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Probably just the red dust from the dust storm in TX yesterday
Oodem

User ID: 12574956
United States
12/21/2012 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fuck. No pics or anything, and this gets pinned?

Lame.
 Quoting: Dog_Of_Death

wow...my thoughts exactly.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30506120
United States
12/21/2012 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
About ten miles from Athens, GA, here and in the country. I saw the pink/red sky too. It wasn't like a normal red sunset. Everything took on a reddish glow. It was, however, at sunset. What seemed to be happening here was this: we had had heavy rain for much of the day. The rain largely stopped about an hour before sunset. The clouds started lifting, but we were still covered. I imagine the layer of clouds was fairly thin and caused a prism sort of effect, getting just the reddish part of the spectrum. I will agree that it was weird looking, but it just lasted for a few minutes and diminished in intensity. Within about an hour, I went out to smoke a cig and there were hardly any clouds in the sky and the wind was picking up. The wind died down after ten, but is now back fairly strong. As other posters said, it is the back, Southern side of the same storm that is causing the blizzard in the mid-west and east.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12539835
United States
12/21/2012 01:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in southeast TN. I just went outside and we too have the pinkish/red clouds - very odd - mixed in with the darker clouds....still have insane winds.
I have a crappy camera but I'm going back out to see if I can get a couple of pic's to upload.

totally off topic but this just happened again so I'll ask, yesterday (some) and a lot today, I have had this strange sound from some of my electronics. It's an odd and irritating humming noise. It's happened w/ the TV, my alarm clock, weather radio and just happened now while I'm @ the computer. Anyone know what that may be?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30222147
United States
12/21/2012 01:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
The "red sky" is all of the damn amber lights that Georgia uses to do street lights. Theres still clouds and overcast here and wind (which is not freaky..its blowing a cold front in as usual). The street lights are lighting up the low clouds like it has done for years and years. Nothing to see here.
 Quoting: geezeinGA 27780868

The assumption of stupidity that you have, is that a reflection of the company you keep, or yourself?

Are you sure it wasn't the moon?
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/21/2012 01:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
The "red sky" is all of the damn amber lights that Georgia uses to do street lights. Theres still clouds and overcast here and wind (which is not freaky..its blowing a cold front in as usual). The street lights are lighting up the low clouds like it has done for years and years. Nothing to see here.
 Quoting: geezeinGA 27780868

The assumption of stupidity that you have, is that a reflection of the company you keep, or yourself?

Are you sure it wasn't the moon?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30222147

I don't recall all of these 'amber' lights along the highways and backroads of Georgia. ATL, ok. But that is such a small part of the state. And there are not amber lights out where I live.
:WTFmario:
GAgirl
User ID: 12542334
United States
12/21/2012 01:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in GA too, just south of Chattanooga, TN. The sky looks normal (black; it's 11:30pm), except it's an odd light greenish-gray color when I look toward Chattanooga. A weird effect of the city lights, I suppose. Usually it's just lighter-colored without any strange hues.

It's incredibly windy here as well. Our patio umbrella blew over, and I heard something down by the garage get blown over a few minutes ago. Not sure what it was, but I'm not going out in the dark to see. We have a wind advisory until 7pm tomorrow night. (Link: [link to www.wunderground.com] )

FWIW, the rainstorms are long over with in this area. I guess the wind is trailing along behind the storm front or something.

We have some super-tall pine trees right behind our house, on a neighbor's property. Wind + pine trees makes me a little nervous!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21082647

hey! ...I'm in Fort Oglethorpe :) Can see lookout mountain from my apartment. :)

Yep, incredibly windy... I'm about to get my kite out, lol. Low clouds, and yellow reflections from city lights...
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/21/2012 01:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'm in GA too, just south of Chattanooga, TN. The sky looks normal (black; it's 11:30pm), except it's an odd light greenish-gray color when I look toward Chattanooga. A weird effect of the city lights, I suppose. Usually it's just lighter-colored without any strange hues.

It's incredibly windy here as well. Our patio umbrella blew over, and I heard something down by the garage get blown over a few minutes ago. Not sure what it was, but I'm not going out in the dark to see. We have a wind advisory until 7pm tomorrow night. (Link: [link to www.wunderground.com] )

FWIW, the rainstorms are long over with in this area. I guess the wind is trailing along behind the storm front or something.

We have some super-tall pine trees right behind our house, on a neighbor's property. Wind + pine trees makes me a little nervous!

hey! ...I'm in Fort Oglethorpe :) Can see lookout mountain from my apartment. :)

Yep, incredibly windy... I'm about to get my kite out, lol. Low clouds, and yellow reflections from city lights...
 Quoting: GAgirl 12542334

I'm in Harrison/ Ooltewah area. When I went out, right above my house was clear and vibrant stars, further out became cloudy then the pinkish/reddish clouds. Strange. Very pretty. I have tried to get pictures but I can't capture a thing.
As far as the kite goes, I may just go get my son's kite out! I have one extra if anyone nearby needs one! HAHAHAHAHA!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12542334
United States
12/21/2012 02:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

I'm in Harrison/ Ooltewah area. When I went out, right above my house was clear and vibrant stars, further out became cloudy then the pinkish/reddish clouds. Strange. Very pretty. I have tried to get pictures but I can't capture a thing.
As far as the kite goes, I may just go get my son's kite out! I have one extra if anyone nearby needs one! HAHAHAHAHA!
 Quoting: cutetornadoF5

Cool! ^_^ Small world. Lmao... only a handful of people would fly a kite at 2 in the morning on apocolypse day. The same kind of people who would be on GLP at this time, lol...

Neat, I don't see pinkish colors, but I see a lot of clouds, with small holes in them revealing the stars.

What's weird, is that I usually am seeing and hearing planes flying over my place all night long, into the early hours... (I do a lot of night walking)... and it's been eerily quiet all night. Just a curious observation.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/21/2012 02:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

Cool! ^_^ Small world. Lmao... only a handful of people would fly a kite at 2 in the morning on apocolypse day. The same kind of people who would be on GLP at this time, lol...

Neat, I don't see pinkish colors, but I see a lot of clouds, with small holes in them revealing the stars.

What's weird, is that I usually am seeing and hearing planes flying over my place all night long, into the early hours... (I do a lot of night walking)... and it's been eerily quiet all night. Just a curious observation.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12542334

LOL! Kinda weird, but Tuesday we were playing outside and my son said 'Mom look at the airplane'. Not shocking b/c we see them in the late afternoon/evening. But Tuesday the one flying over head was so incrediably low. It was a red and white small prop plane (I think that is what you call it) on the bottom of the wings said PIPELINE PATROL. I don't know what that was about but the plane circled our area 3 times then headed toward the Chickamauga dam area. Still flying super low.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23979700
United States
12/21/2012 02:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yea just windy as balls here in B. R. Louisiana. Nothing else.
WindyMind

User ID: 955168
United States
12/21/2012 02:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have been thinking about the red sky in Macon. I think that when the sun sets it hits the clouds and pollution and sometimes it sets red and the beams of sunlight reach out to the clouds and cause them to be beautiful pink/red. So my vote is on a red sunset beaming onto the clouds and I have seen that in Macon but not the whole sky. Did this happen at sunset?
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/21/2012 02:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

LOL! Kinda weird, but Tuesday we were playing outside and my son said 'Mom look at the airplane'. Not shocking b/c we see them in the late afternoon/evening. But Tuesday the one flying over head was so incrediably low. It was a red and white small prop plane (I think that is what you call it) on the bottom of the wings said PIPELINE PATROL. I don't know what that was about but the plane circled our area 3 times then headed toward the Chickamauga dam area. Still flying super low.

WOW! Just checked the weather and it's changed a bit:

Regional Forecast for Hamilton

Tonight

Mostly cloudy and brisk with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows in the upper 20s. West winds 20 to 30 mph with higher gusts
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26966270
United States
12/21/2012 03:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
where?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29655041
United States
12/21/2012 03:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Surprised to hear so many people saying how windy it is where they are. It is intense here in eastern Ontario. Probably some of the most powerful wind I have ever heard.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22302236

Windy in Northern New York. When I was at the store - around midnight - a light started strobing all around me and making giant flashes and circles around me on the ground. Turns out something was hanging or broken from a parking lot light above me and blowing in the wind but it kinda freaked me out. I'm not into the 12/21 thing but considered for a second whether I was getting beamed up.
LOL
abduct
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30346871
Ireland
12/21/2012 03:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

GLP