bump
scottfree
User ID: 10762439
United States
12/27/2012 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: I used to believe in a pre-tribulation rapture until i watched this video
Here's another one OP, AND IT'S VERY IMPORTANT.

In this verse Jesus prays against the false rapture theory.

John 17:15

Goes like this..... He prays to the Father..."I pray not that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from the evil."

And it does matter. To believe in the rapture is to follow another gospel than what the apostles gave us. Paul said those who follow another gospel should be accursed. These are the ones who Jesus says to.... "Go away, I never knew you." They are from the church of Sardis. Read about that church in Revelation.

.....on earth, peace, good will toward men....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29862513
United States
12/27/2012 07:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Satan is a liar and a murderer.

He is a master at originating half-truths and false doctrines which sound good on the surface......but are lies......and meant to deceive you.

He has been persecuting Jews and followers of Christ for many, many years now......and this continues even now in various places.

Satan's evil/wrath, which began long ago, continues right into Daniel's 70th week........all the way through the end of the 5th Seal (the great persecution of Israel and Gentile believers in Christ).

Then you have the 6th Seal......the whole world going dark for an unspecified period of time......could be months. The rich, evil elites will hide in fear in caves and declare that God's wrath is about to begin.

So......you have Satan's wrath.....carried out by those under his influence......thru the end of the 5th Seal.......then darkness/transition......then God's wrath (7th Seal)

God has not appointed us to wrath.......namely His wrath.

The 144,000 of Israel are not sealed from harm prior to the 1st Seal.......but just prior to the 7th Seal (God's wrath)

Also at that time, the Gentile believers in Christ will be caught up by angels to be with the Lord.

Then you have God's wrath......the final one to two years of Daniel's 70th week.

This is the Pre-Wrath position.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24977678
United States
12/27/2012 07:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here's a book I wrote that goes well with the topic of this thread.

You can read the entire version absolutely free at:

www.theposttribulationrapture.com

The book is entitled "Changed"
MHz

User ID: 25505891
Canada
12/27/2012 07:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
The 144,000 of Israel are not sealed from harm prior to the 1st Seal.......but just prior to the 7th Seal (God's wrath)

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29862513

Re:7:2:
And I saw another angel ascending from the east,
having the seal of the living God:
and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels,
to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Re:7:3:
Saying,
Hurt not the earth,
neither the sea,
nor the trees,
till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Re:8:7:
The first angel sounded,
and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood,
and they were cast upon the earth:
and the third part of trees was burnt up,
and all green grass was burnt up.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/27/2012 07:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29862513

Re:7:2:
And I saw another angel ascending from the east,
having the seal of the living God:
and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels,
to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
Re:7:3:
Saying,
Hurt not the earth,
neither the sea,
nor the trees,
till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Re:8:7:
The first angel sounded,
and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood,
and they were cast upon the earth:
and the third part of trees was burnt up,
and all green grass was burnt up.
 Quoting: MHz

While the Gentile Christians will be caught up by angels just prior to the 7th Seal, the 144,000 of Israel will remain on earth. God will seal them from harm.....just prior to unleashing His wrath (7th Seal).

7th Seal (5th Trumpet):

"They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green things, or any tree, but only those who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads."

Rev. 9: 4

The 5th trumpet judgment by itself will last 5 months.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/27/2012 07:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
God's wrath is very distinct.......and cannot be duplicated by either satan or man.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30982783
Australia
12/27/2012 07:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Secret Rapture is "Pope-Dope" straight from the Jesuits

They gave Protestants the "Futurism doctrine" and also the "charismatic gifts" "Toronto Blessing"?!? "talking in tongues", "holy laughter", "spiritual formation" etc

All of the above is sent to confuse or to pacify and keep you from reading God's Word and Learning The Catholic Churches True place in Prophecy

The Beast Power who causes all Rich and Poor to receive a Mark, which America makes an Image to (White House/Vatican)
and using its vast Global Army Helps to enforce
OhlongJohnson  (OP)

User ID: 30457268
United States
12/27/2012 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
This world is fading away along with everything it craves, but if you do the will of god you will live forever. 1 John 2:17

For everything comes from god alone.Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory. Romans 11:36
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/27/2012 09:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is my opinion that we might be approx. 2 years and 3 months into Daniel's 70th week.
Understudy
User ID: 12870808
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Proverbs
10:30 The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.

Paradoxical but true.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/27/2012 09:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great."

And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2077912
Lithuania
12/27/2012 10:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
best video ever.. this is the truth!bump
ru1im2

User ID: 1650056
Mongolia
12/27/2012 11:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
The reason for studying Bible prophecy is to receive the seal of God.

Jesus never spoke of a "pre-trib" rapture, but He did say this...

"But take ye heed: Behold, I have foretold you all things."
Mark 13:23
ru1im2

User ID: 1650056
Mongolia
12/28/2012 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
MATTHEW 24

45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
OhlongJohnson  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 12:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Can we get this karma pinned because i believe exposing a false doctrine that so many christians believe is more than worth it!
This world is fading away along with everything it craves, but if you do the will of god you will live forever. 1 John 2:17

For everything comes from god alone.Everything lives by his power, and everything is for his glory. Romans 11:36
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30905928
United States
12/28/2012 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
bumphf
OhlongJohnson  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 12:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Who ever gave me karma thank you but there will be a rapture it will just be after the tribulation

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15044657
United States
12/28/2012 12:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you are a true Christian and have read and understood your Bible, you would know that there is NO SUCH THING as a "rapture."

Left Behind series has brainwashed you all with imagery.

Nobody is going to be "taken up," there won't be clothes lying around where people mysteriously vanished... and if there is, it's certainly not of God because it is NOT in scripture.

There is tribulation, people WILL die even some believers, they will be reserved until all the evil is wiped from the earth, Satan thrown into the bottomless pit for 1000 years, and Christ Jesus will reign on earth with our Lord YHWH.

Then, the pit will be opened for a short bit of time and Satan will be purged forever.

Heaven will COME DOWN to Earth... the New Jerusalem, like a bride adorned for her husband.

Read it. Otherwise, silence yourselves because you are preaching blasphemies and are looking to have your fantasies of a "rapture" confirmed by intentionally misinterpreting scripture. There is nothing to BE interpreted. It says what will happen. Either you believe or you don't. God IS or He is not. There is no "individual approach" or middle-of-the-road way of seeing things. Those that have rogue ideas of their own will be the ones following the antichrist because they like to have their ears tickled with fantasies of escaping pain and suffering, when the WHOLE POINT is to have faith until the bitter end. Why would you be taken when the whole point of your existence is to believe the Lord will save you?

Wake up and repent.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Who ever gave me karma thank you but there will be a rapture it will just be after the tribulation
 Quoting: OhlongJohnson

tribulation.......a time of great hardship

This will begin at the midpoint of Daniel's 70th week. The man of evil, false prophet, and their followers will begin a severe persecution of first the Jews....and then the Gentile believers in Christ.

This will go on for approx. two years until God cuts it short (ends it).....otherwise no flesh would be saved.

Then the whole world will go dark for an unspecified period of time (6th Seal).

Then the 144,000 of Israel will be sealed from harm and the Gentile Christians will be caught up by angels.

Then God's wrath....the 7th Seal......lasting approx. one to two years......the final section of Daniel's 70th week.

There is no 7 Year "Tribulation Period" defined as such in Scripture......nor 3.5 year "Great Tribulation Period."

These are man made additions to Scripture and should not be used.

They will result in major errors in translating certain Scriptures that contain the word: tribulation.

By assigning 3.5 years or 7.0 years to it......you will come to incorrect conclusions.

tribulation.....time of great trouble......that's it.....the length is not specified.
OhlongJohnson  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you are a true Christian and have read and understood your Bible, you would know that there is NO SUCH THING as a "rapture."

Left Behind series has brainwashed you all with imagery.

Nobody is going to be "taken up," there won't be clothes lying around where people mysteriously vanished... and if there is, it's certainly not of God because it is NOT in scripture.

There is tribulation, people WILL die even some believers, they will be reserved until all the evil is wiped from the earth, Satan thrown into the bottomless pit for 1000 years, and Christ Jesus will reign on earth with our Lord YHWH.

Then, the pit will be opened for a short bit of time and Satan will be purged forever.

Heaven will COME DOWN to Earth... the New Jerusalem, like a bride adorned for her husband.

Read it. Otherwise, silence yourselves because you are preaching blasphemies and are looking to have your fantasies of a "rapture" confirmed by intentionally misinterpreting scripture. There is nothing to BE interpreted. It says what will happen. Either you believe or you don't. God IS or He is not. There is no "individual approach" or middle-of-the-road way of seeing things. Those that have rogue ideas of their own will be the ones following the antichrist because they like to have their ears tickled with fantasies of escaping pain and suffering, when the WHOLE POINT is to have faith until the bitter end. Why would you be taken when the whole point of your existence is to believe the Lord will save you?

Wake up and repent.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15044657

You havnt watched the whole video give it a try and get back with me

Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 12:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
By freeing yourself from the error shown above......it is then easy to see how God can "shorten" the days.......because it is not a fixed 3.5 years.

"For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened." (Mt 24: 21-22)

Do not assign 3.5 years to the words: great tribulation
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28864088
Canada
12/28/2012 01:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't really believe in a pre trib tbh. More like pre wrath.

Also we could very well be in the tribulation.
MHz

User ID: 25505891
Canada
12/28/2012 01:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
The 7 vials in Re:16 is the great tribulation and it takes 3 1/2 hours.

Re:18:8:
Therefore shall her plagues come in one day,
death,
and mourning,
and famine;
and she shall be utterly burned with fire:
for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Re:16:18:
And there were voices,
and thunders,
and lightnings;
and there was a great earthquake,
such as was not since men were upon the earth,
so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
Re:16:19:
And the great city was divided into three parts,
and the cities of the nations fell:
and great Babylon came in remembrance before God,
to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
Re:16:20:
And every island fled away,
and the mountains were not found.
Re:16:21:
And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven,
every stone about the weight of a talent:
and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail;
for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Zep:1:18:
Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath;
but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy:
for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Zec:14:7:
But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD,
not day,
nor night:
but it shall come to pass,
that at evening time it shall be light.
TidesofTruth

User ID: 1838356
United States
12/28/2012 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Video is extremely west-centric.

Stop reading the bible and interpreting it with a newspaper in your hand.

The 7 years of Tribulation are not just for judgment. They are a time promised to the Hebrew to accomplish her mission on this earth, to proclaim the True Messiah, a mission missed the first time around.

The Holy Spirit and His temples are removed at the beginning of this time. And the world will reel from the lack of His restraint.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31001340
United States
12/28/2012 01:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ, OR WATCH, OR HEAR, FROM ANY MAN OR WOMAN. READ THE BIBLE YOURSELF! KEEP GODS COMMANDMENTS (LOVE HIM AND OTHERS) AND TRY TO DO THE RIGHT THING 100% OF THE TIME. PRAY FOR THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS AND LET GOD REVEAL THEM.

I found deception in that video like with anything else. You will get 75, maybe 85 percent truth even from Satan but the ultimate goal is to trick you. Watch out!
OhlongJohnson  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 01:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Regardless off our stance on rapture we will be able to spot the anitchrist when he comes because all other religions will see him as their messiah Pray for strength during those times and have no fear for our strength is in christ! Also i am not close minded i use to be an athiest and I believe that was gods plane so i would actively seek the truth of all things in christianity and in the world! praise him god almighty what was what is and what is to be!!

TidesofTruth

User ID: 1838356
United States
12/28/2012 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh and By the way the main "preacher" of this documentary is a nutcase. Steve Anderson. Look him up. He wants to purport rate his own little Waco.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1581136
United States
12/28/2012 01:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Simply put... if you don't believe in the pre-trib you WILL be left behind

What is the Pretribulation Rapture?

The rapture is an event that will take place sometime in the near future. Jesus will come in the air, catch up the Church from the earth, and then return to heaven with the Church. The Apostle Paul gave a clear description of the rapture event in his letters to the Thessalonians and Corinthians.
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thess, 4:16-18).

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality" (1 Cor. 15:51-53).

The timing of the rapture is not known. From the Word of God and from sound reasoning--something Jesus used quite frequently.

The word "rapture" comes from Paul's "caught up" remark in verse 17. The words "caught up" are translated from the Greek word harpazo, which means "to carry off," "snatch up," or "grasp hastily." The translation from harpazo to "rapture" involved two steps: first, harpazo became the Latin word raptus; second, raptus became the English word "rapture."

The Unknown Hour

When we search the Scriptures and read the passages describing the Lord Jesus' return, we find verses that tell us we won't know the day and hour of that event. Matthew 25:13 says Jesus will return at an unknown time, while Revelation 12:6 indicates that the Jews will have to wait on the Lord 1,260 days, starting when the Antichrist stands in the Temple of God and declares himself to be God (2 Thes 2:4). This event will take place at the mid-point of the seven-year tribulation (Dan 9:27). Note that some people only see a three-and-a-half-year tribulation. In a way, they are correct because the first half of the tribulation will be relatively peaceful compared to the second half. Nonetheless, peaceful or not, there still remains a seven-year period called the tribulation. When the Jews flee into the wilderness, they know that all they have to do is wait out those 1,260 days (Mat 24:16). There is no way to apply the phrase "neither the day nor the hour" to this situation. The only way for these two viewpoints to be true is to separate the two distinct events transpiring here: 1) the rapture of the Church, which comes before the tribulation; and 2) the return of Jesus to the earth, which takes place roughly seven years later.

The Marriage Supper of the Lamb

In Luke 12:36, the Word states that when Christ returns, He will be returning from a wedding. In Revelation 19:7-8, we read about the marriage itself. The marriage supper takes place before the marriage. According to Jewish custom, the marriage contract, which often includes a dowry, is drawn up first. The contract parallels the act of faith we use when we trust Jesus to be our Savior. The dowry is His life, which was used to purchase us. When it's time for the wedding, the groom goes to the bride's house unannounced. She comes out to meet him, and then he takes her to his father's house. This precisely correlates with the events according to the pre-trib scenario. Jesus, the Groom, comes down from heaven and calls up the Church, His Bride. After meeting in the air, He and His Bride return to His Father's house, heaven. The marriage supper itself will take place there, while down here on earth the final events of the tribulation will be playing out. After the marriage supper of Jewish tradition, the bride and groom are presented to the world as man and wife. This corresponds to the time when Jesus returns to earth accompanied by an army "clothed in fine linen, white and clean" (Rev 19:14).

What They Didn't Teach You in History Class

Many groups try to discredit the pre-trib rapture by saying most of the end-time events in the Bible have already taken place. A group of people called preterists claims that the Book of Revelation was mostly fulfilled by 70 AD. If the events described in the Book of Revelation took place in the past, I'm at a loss to explain some of the current situations I see around us: the rebirth of Israel, the reunification of Europe, the number of global wars that have occurred, and the development of nuclear weapons. During history class, I must have slept through the part where the teacher talked about the time when a third of the trees were burned up, 100-pound hailstones fell from the sky, and the sea turned into blood (Rev 8:7-8, 16:21). I think several people would have to question their opposition to the pre-trib rapture doctrine if they knew that the evidence provided to them was based on the understanding that most tribulation prophecies have already occurred.

The People of the Millennium

If Christ were to come back after the tribulation, rapture all the saints, and slay all the ungodly, who would be left to populate the earth during the millennium? Only the pre-trib viewpoint can account for this post-trib problem. The Church is raptured before the tribulation, a vast number of souls are saved during this seven-year time frame, and those who make it through the tribulation go into the millennium while the unsaved are cast into hell.

The Saint U-Turn

In the pre-trib scenario, after we rise to meet the Lord in the air, we will go to heaven and abide there seven years. At the end of that period, Christ will come down to earth, defeat the Antichrist, and cleanse the temple. In a post-trib rapture, we would rise in the air to meet the Lord, then do a 180-degree U-turn and come back down to earth. Revelation 1:7 states that Christ will appear out of the clouds and come down to earth. Zechariah 14:4 says that His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives. If He's already headed our way, why would we need to be caught up to meet Him?

"Come Up Hither"

Many pre-trib writers cite Revelation 4:1, which says, "come up hither," as a prophetic reference to the rapture of the Church, leaving Revelation chapters 1 through 3 as a description of the Church Age. After the shout to "come up hither," the Church is not mentioned in Scripture at all. The attention of Scripture switches from the Church to the Jews living in Israel.

Armies in Fine Linen

When Jesus returns (Rev. 19:18), an army follows Him. The army's members are riding on white horses, and they are clothed in fine linen that is white and clean. In Revelation 19:8, we are told that the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints. If the saints of God are returning with Christ to wage war on the Antichrist, then it is not possible to have a post-trib rapture without us running into ourselves as we are coming and going.

The Time of Jacob's Trouble

In several passages, the Bible refers to the tribulation as a time of trouble for the Jews. The phrase "Jacob's trouble" pertains to the descendants of Jacob. Jeremiah 30:7 says that this time of trouble will come just before the Lord returns to save His people. The final week of Daniel's 70th week is yet to take place. An angel told Daniel that, "70 weeks are determined unto thy people" (Dan 9:24). Scripture never mentions that the tribulation is meant to be a time of testing for Christians. However, some post-tribbers try to claim that they are the ones being tested during the tribulation. To make this so, they need to spiritualize the 144,000 Jewish believers in Revelation 7:2-8 who receive God's protective seal. Placing the Church dispensation into the same time frame as the seven-year Jewish dispensation, as the post-tribbers do, raises one good question: Can two dispensations transpire at the same time? In the past, God has only dealt with one at a time. Having both present during the tribulation would have to be an exception.

"He" That is Taken Out of the Way

Before the Antichrist can be revealed, Paul said a certain "He" must be taken out of the way. According to 2 Thessalonians 2:7, the "He" that must be removed is widely thought to be the Holy Spirit. It has been promised that the Holy Spirit would never leave the Church, and without the working of the Holy Spirit remaining on earth, no one could be saved during the tribulation. The removal of the Church, which is indwelt by the Holy Ghost, would seem the best explanation for this dilemma. The working of the Holy Spirit could go on during the tribulation, but His influence would be diminished because of the missing Church.

War or Rapture

(Rev 19:19-21) When Jesus returns at the end of the tribulation, He will be coming for battle. For those who believe in a post-trib rapture, it would be strange to meet your Lord and Savior just as He's rushing into battle. The idea that war and rapture could occur together is difficult to imagine, especially since they transpire at the same moment.

The Five Foolish Virgins

The wedding story that Jesus gave in Matthew 25:2-13, I believe, is a parable of the rapture of the Church. It explains how some will not be ready. Jesus clearly states that a group of people will miss out on an event, and will cry out to God to let them into the place where He resides, heaven. Although some try to put this parable in a post-trib context, it doesn't fit very well. The ones left behind in a post-trib rapture will not need to seek the Lord because they'll immediately be confronted by Him and His army of angels.

God Hath Not Appointed Us to Wrath

In 1 Thessalonians 5:9, Paul assures us that God has not appointed His people to wrath. This wrath is plainly God's anger that will be poured out during the tribulation. Pre-trib believers interpret this as meaning that Christians will be removed from the earth. Post-trib believers tell a different story. They describe this as meaning that God will protect Christians during the tribulation and pour this wrath out on the unbelievers only. This idea runs against the statement made in Revelation 13:7, in which the Antichrist is given power to make war with the saints and to overcome them. A post-trib view would make God's promise of protection from wrath into a lie. In years past, it was possible to think of being protected from the guns and swords of that day. Today, when any major war would involve nuclear and chemical weapons, it's impossible to expect that same kind of protection. When Nagasaki, Japan was bombed during World War II, the bomb exploded over a Catholic church. Everyone who was in the center of the explosion died--both Christians and non-Christians. The only way to validly interpret God's promise of protection from wrath is by viewing 1 Thessalonians 5:9 as the bodily removal of the Church from this world.

The Salt of the Earth

Jesus said, "Ye are the salt of the earth" (Matthew 5:13). When the believers are supenly removed, the earth will be plunged into spiritual darkness. When this happens, the Antichrist will then be free to control the world.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31001340
United States
12/28/2012 01:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Just stop already. Can't you see it? Black or White, Coke or Pepsi, guns vs no guns, democrat or republican, pre trib or post trib.

Stop!

The bible and the apocrypha have the truth, God will reveal the truth if you repent and confess and ask him to reveal it. Please have faith! Please!

GLP