Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,115 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 974,800
Pageviews Today: 1,815,813Threads Today: 878Posts Today: 15,816
08:05 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

WOAH MAN!!!! Swapping Guns for groceries in US report in Aus 27/12/12........

Citizenperth
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 30939690
Australia
12/27/2012 02:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
WOAH MAN!!!! Swapping Guns for groceries in US report in Aus 27/12/12........
So it has started.....
ABC report

<snip>

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa brought forward the date of a gun buyback event following the December 14 shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, that left 26 people dead.

The Boxing Day buyback saw 1,016 weapons, including 41 rifles, handed over.

Gun owners could take their arms to one of two locations in return for a $100 grocery store gift card for handguns, rifles and shotguns, or a $200 card for automatic weapons.

"Cities and states must join with the federal government to do everything we can, as quickly as we can, to keep our community safe and to get deadly weapons off our streets," Mr Villaraigosa said.

"It is absolutely critical to provide Angelinos with concrete actions they can take today to make our city safer tomorrow."

Los Angeles' police chief Charlie Beck said 8,000 weapons had been handed in since the program started in 2009.

Long lines of cars formed as Los Angeles gun owners turned in weapons.

Sergeant Rudy Lopez from the LAPD said the fact that police were asking no questions was a key incentive.

"See that? That's a silencer," he said, pointing to an assault weapon.

"That's illegal. We didn't say anything."

<end snip>
yeah, long lines of cars..... fiscal?.... hungry?..... or is it all lovely pre-nation wide buy-back propoganda? lol

More....
[link to www.abc.net.au]

Last Edited by CitizenPerth™ on 12/27/2012 02:29 AM
It's life as we know it, but only just.
[link to citizenperth.wordpress.com]
sic ut vos es vos should exsisto , denego alius vicis facio vos change , exsisto youself , proprie
Crippin

User ID: 21070351
United States
12/27/2012 03:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WOAH MAN!!!! Swapping Guns for groceries in US report in Aus 27/12/12........
Half those weapons are probably broken,another 3rd are probably stolen to which they will be returned to the original owners

Morons trading their protection/rights for a meal

Last Edited by Crippin on 12/27/2012 03:55 AM
Unknown
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27504938
United States
12/27/2012 03:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WOAH MAN!!!! Swapping Guns for groceries in US report in Aus 27/12/12........
fools!

that's all i gotta say about that.

/gump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5436144
United States
12/27/2012 03:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
pigs prolly took half that shit home.
Citizenperth  (OP)

Australia
12/27/2012 03:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
fools!

/gump
 Quoting: black calx

yup.. can't shoot a frozen chicken when the power goes down.... further.. you can't eat a food stamp....
sic ut vos es vos should exsisto , denego alius vicis facio vos change , exsisto youself , proprie
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27504938
United States
12/27/2012 04:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
fools!

/gump
 Quoting: black calx

yup.. can't shoot a frozen chicken when the power goes down.... further.. you can't eat a food stamp....
 Quoting: Citizenperth

stay safe and prepared man. your posts are invaluable thank you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1915818
United States
12/27/2012 04:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
They're doing it in Los Angeles as well...
Citizenperth  (OP)

Australia
12/27/2012 04:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
first time i feel validated in saying "so it begins".....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1915818
United States
12/27/2012 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
MASONIC TEMPLE.... love it.

Police officers filled bins with more than 1,500 rifles and handguns outside the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena and the Van Nuys Masonic Temple, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.
Liberty87

User ID: 18887277
United States
12/27/2012 04:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
They're doing it in Los Angeles as well...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1915818

Are you fucking retarded or what? Do you even know that Angelinos refers to those who live in/near los ANGELes?

For fucks sake engage your brain before typing...
Liberty87

User ID: 18887277
United States
12/27/2012 04:06 AM
Report Abusive Post

And you too... So it begins? They run this program EVERY EYAR... NOT at this time necessarily but for fucks sake do some research... they do this all the time here in Cali. No questions asked just hand over your guns and get a food card or gift card to some store...

Pfffft and so it begins.. and so it began twenty years ago if thats what you think
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24957083
United States
12/27/2012 04:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
So it has started.....
ABC report

<snip>

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa brought forward the date of a gun buyback event following the December 14 shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, that left 26 people dead.

Gun owners could take their arms to one of two locations in return for a $100 grocery store gift card for handguns, rifles and shotguns, or a $200 card for automatic weapons.

"Cities and states must join with the federal government to do everything we can, as quickly as we can, to keep our community safe and to get deadly weapons off our streets," Mr Villaraigosa said.

"It is absolutely critical to provide Angelinos with concrete actions they can take today to make our city safer tomorrow."

Los Angeles' police chief Charlie Beck said 8,000 weapons had been handed in since the program started in 2009.

Sergeant Rudy Lopez from the LAPD said the fact that police were asking no questions was a key incentive.

<end snip>
yeah, long lines of cars..... fiscal?.... hungry?..... or is it all lovely pre-nation wide buy-back propoganda? lol

More....
[link to www.abc.net.au]

I honestly have no idea what to make of this shit. I saw the long fucking lines, it blew my mind. Wait in a car line for hours just for $100 if you give them your gun? It just shocked me. Most of these people weren't driving cheap broken down cars either. More than half of them were brand new. Desperate people with brand new cars? This shit is a straight out propaganda with paid shills to hand in worthless weapons for media attention.
Citizenperth  (OP)

Australia
12/27/2012 04:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

And you too... So it begins? They run this program EVERY EYAR... NOT at this time necessarily but for fucks sake do some research... they do this all the time here in Cali. No questions asked just hand over your guns and get a food card or gift card to some store...

Pfffft and so it begins.. and so it began twenty years ago if thats what you think
 Quoting: Liberty87

I did, and they do, do this buy back yearly.. however; I find the statement "this was moved forward by 6 months this year, due to our current situation and history".... particularly offensive and doomish for the same reason... you? ( can you eat a food stamp, fiscal, gun control [et al]....?
farmerguy

User ID: 15919071
United States
12/27/2012 04:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
people may not give up their guns when they a well fed and happy, but they will stampede to trade them when they are thisty or hungry. It can be a matter of imminent short term survival (kick the can down the road).
Citizenperth  (OP)

Australia
12/27/2012 04:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
people may not give up their guns when they a well fed and happy, but they will stampede to trade them when they are thisty or hungry. It can be a matter of imminent short term survival (kick the can down the road).
 Quoting: farmerguy

mad max series?........
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27175619
United States
12/27/2012 04:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
So it has started.....
ABC report

<snip>

<end snip>

More....
[link to www.abc.net.au]

A silencer is NOT illegal in most states if you have the proper tax stamp and do the paper work. In Douchebaggery states like Cali its illegal. $200 for an "automatic weapon"....my ass....I'm sure they'd like to take in an auto for $200
Meow...
User ID: 3650237
United States
12/27/2012 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is the Beginning of he End. get used to it;it will only get worse from here.
I will never give my guns away.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/27/2012 04:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
So it has started.....
ABC report

<snip>

<end snip>

More....
[link to www.abc.net.au]

A silencer is NOT illegal in most states if you have the proper tax stamp and do the paper work. In Douchebaggery states like Cali its illegal. $200 for an "automatic weapon"....my ass....I'm sure they'd like to take in an auto for $200
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27175619
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/27/2012 04:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
So it has started.....
ABC report

<snip>

<end snip>

More....
[link to www.abc.net.au]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27175619
United States
12/27/2012 04:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
So it has started.....
ABC report

<snip>

<end snip>

More....
[link to www.abc.net.au]

I honestly have no idea what to make of this shit. I saw the long fucking lines, it blew my mind. Wait in a car line for hours just for $100 if you give them your gun? It just shocked me. Most of these people weren't driving cheap broken down cars either. More than half of them were brand new. Desperate people with brand new cars? This shit is a straight out propaganda with paid shills to hand in worthless weapons for media attention.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24957083

Driving new cars but most likely had several childrens to take care of.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29130443
Canada
12/27/2012 04:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is the Beginning of he End. get used to it;it will only get worse from here.
I will never give my guns away.
 Quoting: Meow... 3650237

Sheeple are easily manipulated, but they make up the critical mass. Once the majority of the sheeple are convinced to hand over their weapons, there goes what's left of 'freedom' in the world.
Meow...
United States
12/27/2012 04:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
I will never give up my guns. Fuckers....come get them.
This used to be America now it looks like Russia....
Jigga
User ID: 4977103
Australia
12/27/2012 04:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
applause2

Yes!!
Meow...
United States
12/27/2012 04:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
So it has started.....
ABC report

<snip>

<end snip>

More....
[link to www.abc.net.au]

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24957083

Driving new cars but most likely had several childrens to take care of.

Now you GET it! Welcome to Obuttholes 'Hope and Change' new AmeriKa...How do ya like it now???
If you are not black,illegal or a criminal,you have no place in his new "hope and change' bullshit.
Somebody better write this down because even Washington didn't do what he did without obutthole right there beside him.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17453675
Australia
12/27/2012 05:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
So it has started.....
ABC report

<snip>

<end snip>

More....
[link to www.abc.net.au]

I do beleive this thread now comes into play.

Thread: AMERICA..do NOT give up ya guns..REMEMBER WHAT YOU VOWED!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30921718
United States
12/27/2012 06:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
So it has started.....
ABC report

<snip>

<end snip>

More....
[link to www.abc.net.au]

Do these fucking IDIOTS actually think that ANY of this happy horseshit will ever stop even ONE mass shooting, of which this is a reaction to?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15775729
United States
12/27/2012 06:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Half those weapons are probably broken,another 3rd are probably stolen to which they will be returned to the original owners

Morons trading their protection/rights for a meal
 Quoting: Crippin

Guns and ammo, and from what I saw they appeared to be in good condition. Stolen guns are not returned to owners. 100% of the guns turned in are melted down

The lines were so long they had to turn people away. They ran out of the "gift" cards.

The local channels interviewed the mayor ( who is so stupid he struggles to complete a thought) as well as people waiting in their cars. OMG, waiting hours in a line to turn in a gun so they could drive away with a $100 gift card for the local grocery store.

From what I saw 75% were Mexican and the other 25% were black. All the while the mayor was babbling on about the success of this program and how it has reduced violent crimes in LA.

It is sickening and frightening how easy people accept the need for government to protect us from ourselves. Stupid fucking people
docsquat

User ID: 28362604
United States
12/27/2012 06:38 AM

Report Abusive Post
Idiots. They could get $1000 for those ARs I saw being put into trash cans. Sheeples. Drive yo car down to the Masonic Temple and turn in a $1000 gun for $100 ebt card. According to the report, there are no questions axed. So, if babymama turns in an AK that was used in several drive-bys, LAPD won't have a clue who it was that turned it in before they melt down the evidence?
Purity of Essence
Citizenperth  (OP)

Australia
12/27/2012 06:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Idiots. They could get $1000 for those ARs I saw being put into trash cans. Sheeples. Drive yo car down to the Masonic Temple and turn in a $1000 gun for $100 ebt card. According to the report, there are no questions axed. So, if babymama turns in an AK that was used in several drive-bys, LAPD won't have a clue who it was that turned it in before they melt down the evidence?
 Quoting: docsquat

good point... evidence = non retrievable aka gubernment incentive.....
Ad Lib

User ID: 24338672
United States
12/27/2012 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Swords into ploughshares..
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid,
it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

John Stuart Mill
It's much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than a helping hand.
Mike Royko
Quanta
User ID: 30847364
Australia
12/27/2012 07:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here on the Gold Coast I can go out after dark [unarmed] without fear.

Dear CP.. as u know......

______

I lived and worked in the states '88-'90 so I've seen it from the inside. Had fun with [hand] guns during lunch hour out in the sticks of Virginia. When I lived in LA you could hear the "pops" at new years eve and thought twice about being outdoors.
Back here in OZ a few years later we got our guns took away but mostly they were rifles 'cause hand guns never really were in vogue. In fact gun culture was almost non existent so it wasn't no big deal getting "disarmed"

But of course if you want a gun of any variety.. a whisper and a fist full of dollars will satiate that desire but most of us live on the coast and a gun is something you keep in your quiver of surfboards. Most Ozians admire our yankee cousins but at the same time consider the country half nuts.

And it makes my blood boil when I hear Merka is "the greatest country in the world" shouted from the hill tops and city blocks... Town squares. The freedom and liberty yo'll proclaim is yours and yours ALONE is naught but hot air and wind from a nation with it's nose pressed up against the glass of a 36 inch TV screen.

The great dream and the wild frontier are long gone like the buffalo and wagon.. YET you persist in the false doctrine that the gun will protect and any amount of persuasion otherwise draws hackles of outrage and condemnation especially to any god danged 'ferner' who would dare to question, what; in the civilised world, is considered as outdated as is the muscat and the flint.

I might add. Gun control came to us some 16 year ago. I note most Ozians are not behind bars nor are we less free than thee. ;)

I trust my comments will be considered civil.

Thank you.

GLP