Y'all are gunna be mighty confused in a few hours time

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 26851286
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Y'all are gunna be mighty confused in a few hours time
Interesting timing to say the least, as I just had a bit of start on a different time travel thread.

Either way...you may have heard me mention, that last year seemed an eternity to me...to do it over, would be quite a curse and a blessing.

Quoting: Seer777

A curse and a blessing, a practical joke. God is an all-loving troll :P
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26851286

I bumped this less than a half hour before you made this thread.

Clever OP either way...

hf

Humans always seemed to repeat history in some fashion
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29020935

Seems so...

However, maybe this time it can be different.

One can hope...

If you had a way to somehow in the future to get a message to yourself in this current 'present', would you do so?

:PersistenceofTim:

bump

Lovely ;)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
What can i do to remember?

Are you trolling?
 Quoting: Mr. HypGnostic

Well deja vu is the mechanism by which you remember. But the big joke for you is that you found out right at the end when you can't make any use of it XD
Mr. HypGnostic

User ID: 30854963
United States
12/27/2012 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
i had a dream this morning, i was at an event where all the people in my life were there.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21072993

but i was taller..

and then i was at a beach, and people starting walking out of the water... but they were in lo def, like a tv image.. they claimed they had been lost.

captain kirk was there...

strange huh

I had a similar dream!

Thread: Crazy Ass Dream Last Night!
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

sorry, i can't pinpoint the exact moment. I'd say within the next 10 hours roughly.

Fuck that! Im happy now and have a great girlfriend along with boatloads of dough and a clear understanding of the nature of reality!

I dont want to go back to highschool with a girlfriend who was cheating on me and lost spiritually!

But you get to relieve gaining the understanding of reality, you get to relive the beginning and this part of your great relationship over and over again.

For you it starts with the tragedy, and turns into happiness. For others, it's a mixed bag :D We each have our own story, and each of our stories is definitive to our characters.

You can think of what you lose by going back, and you can think of what you get to gain again for the first time, over and over again.

nothing lasts, but nothing is lost :D

That is beautiful but what is the point? What about the people who have died? Will theyre consciousness return to earth?

if they die before the reset-moment, they're already back at the start of the story :) the "brief moment of confusing" is basically being dead - and it lasts for the amount of time it takes for the story to play out, but feels the same length from any perspective, regardless of how early or late in the story they died.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21072993
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
i had a dream this morning, i was at an event where all the people in my life were there.

but i was taller..

and then i was at a beach, and people starting walking out of the water... but they were in lo def, like a tv image.. they claimed they had been lost.

strange huh

I had a similar dream!

im trying to remember more, i dont usually remember any dreams maybe one or two a year?!

crazy aint they.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
Where did you gather this information OP?
 Quoting: goldi

Experience in space over time (i.e. life) :)
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
Report Abusive Post

Are you trolling?

Well deja vu is the mechanism by which you remember. But the big joke for you is that you found out right at the end when you can't make any use of it XD

What do you base this theory off?
If i stay awake will i be able to write down what happened?
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
There is a Star Trek The Next Generation episode where the Enterprise goes through a time loop many many times.

They try and send a message into the next loop, this manifested as the digit 3 all over the place..
On computer displays, on cards when playing poker etc.

It took them many attempts to actually get it to work.

So now I'm thinking 11:11 haha!!!

But that would assume WE have ability to send that number in time lol

Quoting: FTM

Deja vu is the mechanism by which you remind yourself of this truth :)

uh-oh

starting to get confused now...

which "you" are we talking about?

wait...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28388164

hahahaa! you're nearly there :)

If two peoples' minds has identical content at the same time, what makes them individual? :P
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

Are you trolling?

You will, but the problem is that a necessary feature of the loop is that you forget, even if you write it down. So when you go back and read the note you leave yourself, it's nonsense and you discard it XD
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
12/27/2012 10:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

but i was taller..

strange huh

I had a similar dream!

im trying to remember more, i dont usually remember any dreams maybe one or two a year?!

crazy aint they.

This is the only dream ive remembered all year... Honestly its starting to make snse but i have a feeling OP is just trolling!
In Lak`ech.
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
12/27/2012 10:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

Are you trolling?

You will, but the problem is that a necessary feature of the loop is that you forget, even if you write it down. So when you go back and read the note you leave yourself, it's nonsense and you discard it XD

No, im very open minded and i would believe it!
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

but i was taller..

strange huh

I had a similar dream!

crazy aint they.

This is the only dream ive remembered all year... Honestly its starting to make snse but i have a feeling OP is just trolling!

Not trolling :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28388164
United States
Report Abusive Post
There is a Star Trek The Next Generation episode where the Enterprise goes through a time loop many many times.

They try and send a message into the next loop, this manifested as the digit 3 all over the place..
On computer displays, on cards when playing poker etc.

It took them many attempts to actually get it to work.

So now I'm thinking 11:11 haha!!!

But that would assume WE have ability to send that number in time lol

Quoting: FTM

uh-oh

wait...

If two peoples' minds has identical content at the same time, what makes them individual? :P

AH-HA! WE THINK I GET IT NOW!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19774795
United States
12/27/2012 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
bsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflag
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

But the problem is you will forget the context in which the note was written, and it will simply not make sense when you read it back. For example you might write something like "I was watching X film" and you'll be like "why the hell did i write that down? and i've never seen that film :S"
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
Report Abusive Post

Fuck that! Im happy now and have a great girlfriend along with boatloads of dough and a clear understanding of the nature of reality!

I dont want to go back to highschool with a girlfriend who was cheating on me and lost spiritually!

But you get to relieve gaining the understanding of reality, you get to relive the beginning and this part of your great relationship over and over again.

For you it starts with the tragedy, and turns into happiness. For others, it's a mixed bag :D We each have our own story, and each of our stories is definitive to our characters.

You can think of what you lose by going back, and you can think of what you get to gain again for the first time, over and over again.

That is beautiful but what is the point? What about the people who have died? Will theyre consciousness return to earth?

if they die before the reset-moment, they're already back at the start of the story :) the "brief moment of confusing" is basically being dead - and it lasts for the amount of time it takes for the story to play out, but feels the same length from any perspective, regardless of how early or late in the story they died.

What is the purpose of this? is there an escape? If even death cant save you then what is the purpose of life?
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

uh-oh

wait...

AH-HA! WE THINK I GET IT NOW!

:) Hello :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28615332
United States
12/27/2012 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
bsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflagbsflag
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19774795

OP CONFIRMED FOR DISINFO AGENT!
el
User ID: 13031471
United States
Report Abusive Post
If only this universe, were LIMITED TO HUMAN EXPERIENCE, would your words be true. The confusion is temporary. You forgetting is temporary. This is FAR deeper than "god watching a play". This is god giving the play his own powers, and dealing with the consequences...
 Quoting: el 13031471

Yep. But i'm trying to make this accessible for all.

Gotcha. That synchrocity was your credibility key, to me at least (im sure you saw it). What does this mean to us, then?

Well I'm guessing you'll understand this. You know the four-part division of the story, with the fourth part being the darkest, hardest, worst, with most personal suffering? We skip that part and go back to 1 ;)

13th baktun, 1+3=? time of no time?
I get it a little bit lol.

My question to you then is; where does the time flow afterwards? Wheres the free will in all of this? Dont we have the choice to experience what we chose? I personally dont feel like consciously reliving this last year, as the only reason i am here, is for the few that might not have a chance without experieincing me.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19774795

gee thanks for that, i wouldn't know what to think if it wasn't for smart intelligent people like you pointing out to me what this is.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

What is the purpose of this? is there an escape? If even death cant save you then what is the purpose of life?

Well, there are two activities in which you can participate. Being dead, floating in a void of perpetual nothingness, or you can take part in the only other activity - Life.

When Life's done, you spend a brief time in the void, then you go back to Life. Round and round and round we go ;)
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
12/27/2012 10:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

But the problem is you will forget the context in which the note was written, and it will simply not make sense when you read it back. For example you might write something like "I was watching X film" and you'll be like "why the hell did i write that down? and i've never seen that film :S"

I would write down my girlfriends name, What i am studying, The sandy events, and what just happened.
In Lak`ech.
ME
User ID: 8091643
United States
12/27/2012 10:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
So OP what happens if this does not actually happen and we proceed to 2013??????
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
Report Abusive Post

Well, there are two activities in which you can participate. Being dead, floating in a void of perpetual nothingness, or you can take part in the only other activity - Life.

When Life's done, you spend a brief time in the void, then you go back to Life. Round and round and round we go ;)

That is a shitty purpose, is there something we have to complete during a life in order to defeat this?
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

I would write down my girlfriends name, What i am studying, The sandy events, and what just happened.

but if it was back in 2011 where would this note be?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

Yep. But i'm trying to make this accessible for all.

Gotcha. That synchrocity was your credibility key, to me at least (im sure you saw it). What does this mean to us, then?

Well I'm guessing you'll understand this. You know the four-part division of the story, with the fourth part being the darkest, hardest, worst, with most personal suffering? We skip that part and go back to 1 ;)

13th baktun, 1+3=? time of no time?
I get it a little bit lol.

My question to you then is; where does the time flow afterwards? Wheres the free will in all of this? Dont we have the choice to experience what we chose? I personally dont feel like consciously reliving this last year, as the only reason i am here, is for the few that might not have a chance without experieincing me.

To understand your story is to understand the fundamental nature of your own character; your role, your script.

This will make sense to you, i think: you're all alone - so the reasons are whatever you want them to be. You made your reality as you wanted it to be, perfect in its inperfection. I'm just you reminding you.
Seer777
Ride the wings of the mind

User ID: 3018467
United States

Report Abusive Post

I certainly hope so.

I don't want to do this year over...

damned

I was just mentioning today how I nice it is, to have overcome the trials.

However, it would explain quite a few things.

tounge

I am remembering something that someone close to me often says...

"Remember December, when the message returns to sender..."

lol.

popcorn

Last Edited by Seer777 on 12/27/2012 10:55 PM
Difficulties strengthen the Mind as labor does the body...
~Seneca
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
So OP what happens if this does not actually happen and we proceed to 2013??????
 Quoting: ME 8091643

Life goes on.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26119495
United States
12/27/2012 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
NURSE!!!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

That is a shitty purpose, is there something we have to complete during a life in order to defeat this?

It'll all make sense when it happens. There's a task to complete if you want there to be. If you don't want there to be, then there isn't. It's the perfect game, exactly how you want it - and maybe not accepting that its your perfect game, how YOU want it, is part of how you want it. So be it :)

GLP