Y'all are gunna be mighty confused in a few hours time

FTM

User ID: 26463917
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Y'all are gunna be mighty confused in a few hours time

You will, but the problem is that a necessary feature of the loop is that you forget, even if you write it down. So when you go back and read the note you leave yourself, it's nonsense and you discard it XD
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26851286

No, im very open minded and i would believe it!
 Quoting: Mr. HypGnostic

But the problem is you will forget the context in which the note was written, and it will simply not make sense when you read it back. For example you might write something like "I was watching X film" and you'll be like "why the hell did i write that down? and i've never seen that film :S"

I would write down my girlfriends name, What i am studying, The sandy events, and what just happened.

If you went back in time, everything around you would too.. so any notes would have never of existed.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 26851286
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is the only dream ive remembered all year... Honestly its starting to make snse but i have a feeling OP is just trolling!

I certainly hope so.

I don't want to do this year over...

damned

I was just mentioning today how I nice it is, to have overcome the trials.

However, it would explain quite a few things.

tounge

I am remembering something that someone close to me often says...

"Remember December, when the message returns to sender..."

lol.

popcorn
 Quoting: Seer777

Haha, excellent memento of the truth, that lil phrase there. I like it.

And remember, it means you get to relive the overcoming of the trials, and bask in that glory all fresh and new as if it never happened before. It never gets stale :)
goldi

User ID: 8755634
United States
Report Abusive Post

No, im very open minded and i would believe it!

But the problem is you will forget the context in which the note was written, and it will simply not make sense when you read it back. For example you might write something like "I was watching X film" and you'll be like "why the hell did i write that down? and i've never seen that film :S"

I would write down my girlfriends name, What i am studying, The sandy events, and what just happened.

If you went back in time, everything around you would too.. so any notes would have never of existed.
 Quoting: FTM

Put the note in an old notebook you had back then and it will be there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14443159
United States
Report Abusive Post
so in a few hours we're gonna realize George bush Senior was never coughing and Gen Scwarzkopf is alive and well ?

dribble
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20190258
United States
Report Abusive Post
So OP what happens if this does not actually happen and we proceed to 2013??????
 Quoting: ME 8091643

Life goes on.

I loved that show!
Mr. HypGnostic

User ID: 30854963
United States
12/27/2012 10:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is the only dream ive remembered all year... Honestly its starting to make snse but i have a feeling OP is just trolling!

I certainly hope so.

damned

tounge

lol.

popcorn

Me either! I went through a dark night of the soul this year and discovered who i truly am. If this happens i will question everything i have learned!
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: goldi

Nope, you'd have to write the note immediately after the "moment of confusion", while it still all makes sense. but the problem is, a few hours later when you return to the note, it won't make any sense cause it'll have no context. "Why the hell did i write down a girl's name, a subject, something about sandy, and some random event that's never happened to me?"
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
Report Abusive Post

No im saying after the transition during the few seconds of rememberance
In Lak`ech.
FTM

User ID: 26463917
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

The notebook would but not the note you wrote as that action happened after the respawn time
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

I certainly hope so.

damned

tounge

lol.

popcorn

Me either! I went through a dark night of the soul this year and discovered who i truly am. If this happens i will question everything i have learned!

Wasn't it questioning everything you've learned that lead you into a dark night of the soul? And therein the loop begins :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28388164
United States
12/27/2012 10:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

uh-oh

starting to get confused now...

which "you" are we talking about?

wait...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28388164

hahahaa! you're nearly there :)

If two peoples' minds has identical content at the same time, what makes them individual? :P

AH-HA! WE THINK I GET IT NOW!

:) Hello :)

I'm very, very glad to see you again.

:)
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
12/27/2012 10:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nope, you'd have to write the note immediately after the "moment of confusion", while it still all makes sense. but the problem is, a few hours later when you return to the note, it won't make any sense cause it'll have no context. "Why the hell did i write down a girl's name, a subject, something about sandy, and some random event that's never happened to me?"

Haha OP you are killing me! I really hope your a troll man!
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Haha OP you are killing me! I really hope your a troll man!

Well I promise you i'm not trolling, but the absurd humour in all this combined with the creepy, eerie and ridiculous amount of (all the while unbelievable) sense it makes should reveal that god's a troll ;)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

hahahaa! you're nearly there :)

If two peoples' minds has identical content at the same time, what makes them individual? :P

AH-HA! WE THINK I GET IT NOW!

:) Hello :)

I'm very, very glad to see you again.

:)

Here's a poem for you, by me :) :

There is a mirror in which I see
Reflections of all things but me;
No matter where i rest my gaze
I see not me within its haze.

Although i stare persistently
The image still disguises me,
But where the mirror's surface bends
The strength of observation lends.
For that is where illusion ends:
The mirror is in truth a lense!

So what then does the mirror see,
Likewise, ambiguity?
Or did it al the while know,
And hide itself to make me grow?

I wipe the mirror's surface clean,
Revealing what could not be seen;
The image then is as it should be -
I am the mirror, and it is me.
KonspiracyKitty

User ID: 1295140
United States
Report Abusive Post
Wow, that would be horrible.

Last year was just...work. That's it. Nothing interesting at all. Nothing too bad, and nothing too good. Just...lots of tedious, boring "is".

I've considered the possibility that we just relive this life over and over for all eternity and even though this has been a pretty decent life when compared to others, there is no way in hell I want to do this again, let alone do it again and again and again for all eternity. Please no, just no. I would infinitely prefer no existence over an eternity of the same life. An infinite, inescapable loop would have to be one of the worst fates conceivable.
2be0rnot2be

User ID: 30966117
United States
Report Abusive Post
Memorizing lottery numbers... ohyeah
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29941383

naughty
101icu
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9718093
United States
Report Abusive Post
whats going to cause this?

whats going to happen?

what will make the people so confused?

what happens?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30161597

1. Just the nature of existence

2. We're all going back just over a year, living up til now again, then going back again. Snake eating it's own tail baby.

3. the confusion comes from going back in time and realising this has happened.

4. Between the end and beginning of the loop there is a brief moment of an ineffable experience, lacking in any one particular sound or sight or sensation, but not lacking sensation entirely. After this, a brief revelation of what has happened, followed by your rational mind totally denying this has happened, and resuming regular life as always.

Well let me tell ya...I had such intense deja vu the past few days that I could've sworn I had already had christmas with my family and given them the same gifts I just bought. It was like being in groundhog day. I actually told them I thought I had given them the same gifts before and they didn't recognize them at all.

They thought I was nuts. I thought I was nuts but it was real. I then thought I must be caught in a time loop. But I know there's a way out and I thought just by noticing it and acknowledging it would kick me off the hamster wheel. Guess I was wrong. Doesn't this have to do with the wingmakers and rings of saturn? abduct
 Quoting: GOLDI 8755634

I know what you mean!

A couple of days ago I had an episode of deja vu that I thought wasn't going to end.

Normally it lasts a few seconds--just long enough to think "Hey! I've done this before!" and then it's gone.

This time it lasted long enough that I actually knew who was going to say and do what next.

I felt like I was trying to stop it, but couldn't. It lasted a good 2 minutes.

Very uncomfortable.
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
Report Abusive Post

What is the purpose of this? is there an escape? If even death cant save you then what is the purpose of life?

Well, there are two activities in which you can participate. Being dead, floating in a void of perpetual nothingness, or you can take part in the only other activity - Life.

When Life's done, you spend a brief time in the void, then you go back to Life. Round and round and round we go ;)

That is a shitty purpose, is there something we have to complete during a life in order to defeat this?

It'll all make sense when it happens. There's a task to complete if you want there to be. If you don't want there to be, then there isn't. It's the perfect game, exactly how you want it - and maybe not accepting that its your perfect game, how YOU want it, is part of how you want it. So be it :)

I hate how intellectual and deep you are because i want you to be a troll haha I hate how much fucking sense you make! First thing im gonna do is make a GLP Post about it! hahaha
In Lak`ech.
Seer777
Ride the wings of the mind

User ID: 3018467
United States

Report Abusive Post

I certainly hope so.

damned

tounge

lol.

popcorn

Mine lasted a week...

And it would be coming up very shortly.

damned

PeekaBooU

tounge
Difficulties strengthen the Mind as labor does the body...
~Seneca
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well, there are two activities in which you can participate. Being dead, floating in a void of perpetual nothingness, or you can take part in the only other activity - Life.

When Life's done, you spend a brief time in the void, then you go back to Life. Round and round and round we go ;)

That is a shitty purpose, is there something we have to complete during a life in order to defeat this?

It'll all make sense when it happens. There's a task to complete if you want there to be. If you don't want there to be, then there isn't. It's the perfect game, exactly how you want it - and maybe not accepting that its your perfect game, how YOU want it, is part of how you want it. So be it :)

I hate how intellectual and deep you are because i want you to be a troll haha I hate how much fucking sense you make! First thing im gonna do is make a GLP Post about it! hahaha

Hahaha well i'm only a troll to the extent that god's a troll. I'm telling the truth, but the truth itself is also a joke. The human condition is that we are locked in the magnetic tension between tragedy and comedy, between order and chaos, and between seriousness and absurdity.
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
Report Abusive Post

I certainly hope so.

damned

tounge

lol.

popcorn

Wasn't it questioning everything you've learned that lead you into a dark night of the soul? And therein the loop begins :)

Dude... You suck haha but you make so much sense! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

I certainly hope so.

damned

tounge

lol.

popcorn

Mine lasted a week...

damned

:PeekaBooU:

tounge

It's turtles all the way down :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9718093
United States
12/27/2012 11:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
So, if we write ourselves a note about this will it be where we put it next week?
Mr. HypGnostic

United States
12/27/2012 11:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

I certainly hope so.

damned

tounge

lol.

popcorn

Mine lasted a week...

damned

PeekaBooU

tounge

Mine lasted 6 months where i questioned everything i knew about reality while getting cheated on by a slutty ex girlfriend hahaha Im gonna be pissed!
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

I certainly hope so.

damned

tounge

lol.

popcorn

Dude... You suck haha but you make so much sense! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know, right? Such is my character in this ridiculous story. I spend a great deal of time angrily shaking my fist at the universe, all the while wearing a coy, knowing grin. "YOU BASTARD, GOD!" he screams full of genuine anger, frustration, contempt and despair, as he laughs to himself.
stella stevens

User ID: 1490898
Canada
Report Abusive Post
what if I'm sleeping
when this happens?

will it be just a dream
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30485951
United States
Report Abusive Post
whats going to cause this?

whats going to happen?

what will make the people so confused?

what happens?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30161597

1. Just the nature of existence

2. We're all going back just over a year, living up til now again, then going back again. Snake eating it's own tail baby.

3. the confusion comes from going back in time and realising this has happened.

4. Between the end and beginning of the loop there is a brief moment of an ineffable experience, lacking in any one particular sound or sight or sensation, but not lacking sensation entirely. After this, a brief revelation of what has happened, followed by your rational mind totally denying this has happened, and resuming regular life as always.

Groundhog Year?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20190258
United States
Report Abusive Post
Sorry OP, but even the faintest recollection of the future in a past event timeline will cause a rip in the space-time continuum. Then the many incarnations of Dr. Who will show up and make over four hours of low-budget sci fi happen.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
Sorry OP, but even the faintest recollection of the future in a past event timeline will cause a rip in the space-time continuum. Then the many incarnations of Dr. Who will show up and make over four hours of low-budget sci fi happen.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20190258

sweet
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
what if I'm sleeping
when this happens?

will it be just a dream
 Quoting: stella stevens

Well some people make sense of it all as being one big, recurring dream that lasts an eternity :)

GLP