Report Copyright Violation
Re: Y'all are gunna be mighty confused in a few hours time
whats going to cause this?

whats going to happen?

what will make the people so confused?

what happens?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30161597

1. Just the nature of existence

2. We're all going back just over a year, living up til now again, then going back again. Snake eating it's own tail baby.

3. the confusion comes from going back in time and realising this has happened.

4. Between the end and beginning of the loop there is a brief moment of an ineffable experience, lacking in any one particular sound or sight or sensation, but not lacking sensation entirely. After this, a brief revelation of what has happened, followed by your rational mind totally denying this has happened, and resuming regular life as always.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26851286

Groundhog Year?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30485951

Kind of, but remember that Bill Murray's character REMEMBERS each day, whereas you'll forget :)
Seer777
Ride the wings of the mind

User ID: 3018467
United States
12/27/2012 11:07 PM

Report Abusive Post
Mine lasted 6 months where i questioned everything i knew about reality while getting cheated on by a slutty ex girlfriend hahaha Im gonna be pissed!
 Quoting: Mr. HypGnostic

Nah...this was MUCH different...

Nothing like that.

hole1
Difficulties strengthen the Mind as labor does the body...
~Seneca
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23660254
United States
12/27/2012 11:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Will I have the same clothes on that I am wearing now? I hope not.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1018081
United States
12/27/2012 11:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
What can i do to remember?

Are you trolling?

Well deja vu is the mechanism by which you remember. But the big joke for you is that you found out right at the end when you can't make any use of it XD

What do you base this theory off?
If i stay awake will i be able to write down what happened?

You will, but the problem is that a necessary feature of the loop is that you forget, even if you write it down. So when you go back and read the note you leave yourself, it's nonsense and you discard it XD

I wouldn't discard a note saying it was written by me in the future/past with a date, i would believe it, and then become aware...I think the note would not exist
el
User ID: 13031471
United States
12/27/2012 11:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

Gotcha. That synchrocity was your credibility key, to me at least (im sure you saw it). What does this mean to us, then?
 Quoting: el 13031471

Well I'm guessing you'll understand this. You know the four-part division of the story, with the fourth part being the darkest, hardest, worst, with most personal suffering? We skip that part and go back to 1 ;)

13th baktun, 1+3=? time of no time?
I get it a little bit lol.

My question to you then is; where does the time flow afterwards? Wheres the free will in all of this? Dont we have the choice to experience what we chose? I personally dont feel like consciously reliving this last year, as the only reason i am here, is for the few that might not have a chance without experieincing me.
 Quoting: el 13031471

To understand your story is to understand the fundamental nature of your own character; your role, your script.

This will make sense to you, i think: you're all alone - so the reasons are whatever you want them to be. You made your reality as you wanted it to be, perfect in its inperfection. I'm just you reminding you.

Yea, it makes sense. I m content with a lot more things now that ive followed a very interesting train of thoughts that was set off by your comment, to understand your story is to understand your findamental nature. Too much has happened in this short amount of time for me to not realize it. Thanks, and see you where when is then.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 26851286
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'd like to take a moment to thank the majority of you for giving these truths some genuine contemplation and asking mature and sensible questions about the thread topic!

I hope my non-mysterious, non-magical, non-spiritual and non-fancy pancy way of describing things has made this more accessible for you all.

Personally i hate it when people try and reveal their understandings by making it all magical and farty like "I COME BEARING A MESSAGE FROM THE DIVINE - THE SPIRIT HOLOGRAPH UNIVERSE WILL BEGIN ITS INTERSTELLAR CYCLE IN THE EYES OF HORUS" or whatever. Put simply, FUCK THAT SHIT :)

Thank you.
Mr. HypGnostic

User ID: 30854963
United States
Report Abusive Post

Me either! I went through a dark night of the soul this year and discovered who i truly am. If this happens i will question everything i have learned!

Wasn't it questioning everything you've learned that lead you into a dark night of the soul? And therein the loop begins :)

Dude... You suck haha but you make so much sense! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know, right? Such is my character in this ridiculous story. I spend a great deal of time angrily shaking my fist at the universe, all the while wearing a coy, knowing grin. "YOU BASTARD, GOD!" he screams full of genuine anger, frustration, contempt and despair, as he laughs to himself.

Well if this is true then i applaud you for letting us know.
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: exiled1

Probably not, unless they're the clothes you're wearing at the start-point.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well deja vu is the mechanism by which you remember. But the big joke for you is that you found out right at the end when you can't make any use of it XD

You will, but the problem is that a necessary feature of the loop is that you forget, even if you write it down. So when you go back and read the note you leave yourself, it's nonsense and you discard it XD

I wouldn't discard a note saying it was written by me in the future/past with a date, i would believe it, and then become aware...I think the note would not exist
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1018081

Most likely you're right, it doesn't / didn't/ won't exist.

As for me, i remember making a note, and i also remember discarding it as nonsense XD
goldi

User ID: 8755634
United States
12/27/2012 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP..I think you meant to say that it would be 1/1/2012 not 2011.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

Wasn't it questioning everything you've learned that lead you into a dark night of the soul? And therein the loop begins :)

Dude... You suck haha but you make so much sense! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know, right? Such is my character in this ridiculous story. I spend a great deal of time angrily shaking my fist at the universe, all the while wearing a coy, knowing grin. "YOU BASTARD, GOD!" he screams full of genuine anger, frustration, contempt and despair, as he laughs to himself.

Well if this is true then i applaud you for letting us know.

It's my constant burning desire to share this, it's just so hard to communicate and so many throw the baby out with the bathwater. I'm glad you've taken the time to consider it, appreciate it and realise its plausibility. For me this isn't a belief, a faith or a religion - it's just plain simple knowledge, in the same way you know you've got milk in the fridge.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP..I think you meant to say that it would be 1/1/2012 not 2011.
 Quoting: goldi

nope, i said it's not precisely 1 year.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20190258
United States
Report Abusive Post
YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE! I COME BEARING A MESSAGE FROM THE DIVINE - THE SPIRIT HOLOGRAPH UNIVERSE WILL BEGIN ITS INTERSTELLAR CYCLE IN THE EYES OF HORUS. THANK YOU.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE! I COME BEARING A MESSAGE FROM THE DIVINE - THE SPIRIT HOLOGRAPH UNIVERSE WILL BEGIN ITS INTERSTELLAR CYCLE IN THE EYES OF HORUS. THANK YOU.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20190258

HAHAhahahahahah :D nice:5a:
Seer777
Ride the wings of the mind

User ID: 3018467
United States
12/27/2012 11:14 PM

Report Abusive Post
Personally i hate it when people try and reveal their understandings by making it all magical and farty like "I COME BEARING A MESSAGE FROM THE DIVINE - THE SPIRIT HOLOGRAPH UNIVERSE WILL BEGIN ITS INTERSTELLAR CYCLE IN THE EYES OF HORUS" or whatever. Put simply, FUCK THAT SHIT :)

Thank you.

lol

I thought you liked my posts.

Just reflecting on the year.

Glad to be done with it.

tounge

ReflectioninTime

hf
Difficulties strengthen the Mind as labor does the body...
~Seneca
Never Won
User ID: 30813586
United States
Report Abusive Post
OP, so what's your estimation that any one of us can 'buck' this system at any given turn in the cycle? Are we doomed, as it were, to infinite repetition of the same-but-not-the-same due to forgetting?

Or can we become aware...as if in a lucid dream? I'd like your opinion of the mechanics of this "thing". Please and thanks.
biscuits and gravy

User ID: 1072087
United States
Report Abusive Post
Wow, OP, your right! Its already been a year. This is at least the 3rd time ... wicked

Last Edited by biscuits and gravy on 12/27/2010 09:43 PM
Last Edited by biscuits and gravy on 12/27/2011 09:51 PM
Last Edited by biscuits and gravy on 12/27/2012 09:55 PM

Quoting: biscuits and gravy

OP ......WTF?

Wow, OP, your right! Its already been a year. This is at least the 3rd time ... wicked

OP ......WTF?

bump
One Tequila!
Two Tequila!
Three Tequila, ...... Floor!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20677692
United States
12/27/2012 11:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wish this was true

I was much less schizophrenic a year ago
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23660254
United States
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: exiled1

Probably not, unless they're the clothes you're wearing at the start-point.

Sadly, there's a good chance...never a slave to fashion, as the saying goes...Im going shopping tomorrow, I mean last year...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

Thank you.

lol

I thought you liked my posts.

Just reflecting on the year.

Glad to be done with it.

tounge

:ReflectioninTime:

hf
 Quoting: Seer777

Well I just like to phrase things in such a way that there's no argument about it - either you immediately dismiss it as bullshit or you genuinely contemplate it and ask questions. There's not much middle ground, it seperates the wheat from the chaff, and it means that i'm not only appealing to an audience of people who ALREADY agree - rather, i'm appealing to an audience of people who've not heard anything of the sort, and find answers to their long held questions in this novel tuth.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1018081
United States
12/27/2012 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

As for me, i remember making a note, and i also remember discarding it as nonsense XD

Ok now were getting somewhere, what did it say? Is this note the basis behind your theory?

Your either being honest or having a little fun, either way its a eerie coincidence that i dreampt this earlier.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20190258
United States
12/27/2012 11:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20190258

HAHAhahahahahah :D nice:5a:

WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT? IN THE FUTURE PAST THERE ARE NO LOWER CASE LETTERS. THEY WERE TOO EXPENSIVE, CONFUSING, AND WERE ABOLISHED BY WHITE HOUSE PETITION SHORTLY AFTER PIERS MORGAN WAS SHOT INTO SPACE.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, so what's your estimation that any one of us can 'buck' this system at any given turn in the cycle? Are we doomed, as it were, to infinite repetition of the same-but-not-the-same due to forgetting?

Or can we become aware...as if in a lucid dream? I'd like your opinion of the mechanics of this "thing". Please and thanks.
 Quoting: Never Won 30813586

As nietzsche calls it, eternal recurrence or the eternal return, yes you are condemned to be you, as you are now, for all eternity. it will necessarily be both a blessing and a curse.

As i've said a few times, the mechanism by which you firstly realise that this is the case, and otherwise understand it, is through deja vu.

To realise this as the truth is to experience an undeniable, undoubtable deja vu - one where you simply know that you have lived this moment before, innumerable times. It's not just "wow this feels weird, like i've done it before" its "HOLY SHIT I'M HERE AGAIN IN THIS EPIC MOMENT WHICH IS FIXED AND UNCHANGEABLE".

The point is to come to terms with WHY it doesn't change, and I can try and help you do that, or you can do it on your own. I'm easy :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8282825
United States
12/27/2012 11:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't want to go back to next year!!! You can't make me!

I want to go back to 1978...and live that year over and over and over again.

It is funny though, someone very close to me has been saying all week that they just want to go back to last year and fix everything.

And last night I had very odd dream where for some reason I time travelled back to the late 50s/early 60s (before MY time!) and met Paul McCartney..and realized they really did replace him later on...definitely not the same bloke at all...the original version was really so much happier. There was also another man there I was surprised to see, but I don't know who he was now. Also, it is the very first time I"ve ever dreamt in black and white instead of colour!!!

Do I really get to go back? Is this why I can't understand why jack Klugman recently died when he already died 20 or so years ago? Is this why my neighbors son is freaking because his aunt's dog is now different than the she had last week, and instead of it's name being Buddy, it is now Boss?

WTF???

How long we have keep redoing it? Why that particular year?
Can't you reprogram it or something? Talk to the director?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
12/27/2012 11:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Ok now were getting somewhere, what did it say? Is this note the basis behind your theory?

Your either being honest or having a little fun, either way its a eerie coincidence that i dreampt this earlier.

I am being honest AND having fun - this is my favourite topic and i could talk about it for hours, but GLP is about the only place i CAN talk about it without being institutionalized! :D

Here's the problem; I can't remember what the note said. If i could remember, then i could provide the pinpoint moment and time for the restart-moment! Wonderous practical joke built into the system - I can't prove that i'm right until it happens, by which time it's too late to prove it XD
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28388164
United States
12/27/2012 11:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

AH-HA! WE THINK I GET IT NOW!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28388164

:) Hello :)

I'm very, very glad to see you again.

:)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28388164

Here's a poem for you, by me :) :

There is a mirror in which I see
Reflections of all things but me;
No matter where i rest my gaze
I see not me within its haze.

Although i stare persistently
The image still disguises me,
But where the mirror's surface bends
The strength of observation lends.
For that is where illusion ends:
The mirror is in truth a lense!

So what then does the mirror see,
Likewise, ambiguity?
Or did it al the while know,
And hide itself to make me grow?

I wipe the mirror's surface clean,
Revealing what could not be seen;
The image then is as it should be -
I am the mirror, and it is me.

very perceptive (thank you); of course i must say, "i couldn't have said it better myself"... :)

we would love to remember this song again...

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13031471
United States
12/27/2012 11:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

OP ......WTF?

Last Edited by biscuits and gravy on 12/27/2011 09:1111111failfailfail PM

OP ......WTF?

bump

Ummm, the "last edited" part shouldnt show up as TEXT when i quoted this, lol. Nice try though, youre clever :)
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
I don't want to go back to next year!!! You can't make me!

I want to go back to 1978...and live that year over and over and over again.

It is funny though, someone very close to me has been saying all week that they just want to go back to last year and fix everything.

And last night I had very odd dream where for some reason I time travelled back to the late 50s/early 60s (before MY time!) and met Paul McCartney..and realized they really did replace him later on...definitely not the same bloke at all...the original version was really so much happier. There was also another man there I was surprised to see, but I don't know who he was now. Also, it is the very first time I"ve ever dreamt in black and white instead of colour!!!

Do I really get to go back? Is this why I can't understand why jack Klugman recently died when he already died 20 or so years ago? Is this why my neighbors son is freaking because his aunt's dog is now different than the she had last week, and instead of it's name being Buddy, it is now Boss?

WTF???

How long we have keep redoing it? Why that particular year?
Can't you reprogram it or something? Talk to the director?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8282825

Oh dude i've had a few of those. Margaret thatcher? Could've sworn she died. Bush senior? could've sworn he died.

I know right?

The key thing for you, personally, to remember is that while we are alive we essentially pretend that the world makes sense in order to stay "sane". What we forget, on purpose, is that it's actually all absurd, chaotic nonsense.
Mr. HypGnostic

User ID: 30854963
United States
Report Abusive Post
This whole thing would make sense too because my girlfriend and i fell in love on our first date. we had an instant connection and i felt as if i had known her in a previous life!
In Lak`ech.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30808623
United States
12/27/2012 11:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, apologies if this has been asked before (snicker), but if everybody forgets, how do you remember?

GLP