Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,164 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 44,848
Pageviews Today: 81,523Threads Today: 44Posts Today: 721
01:26 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why do YOU think Catholics drink the blood of Jesus.

Pa resident1

User ID: 25278920
United States
12/28/2012 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why do YOU think Catholics drink the blood of Jesus.
What a Richard Cranium.burnit
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30425386

rofl
"When you don't keep your word, you lose credibility and trustworthy friends"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30671528
United States
12/28/2012 09:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I believe that the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ is consumed in remembrance of Him and the great sacrifice He made, His Paschal sacrifice that year as a Jew. I believe He was trying to say that on that year He would not be sacrificing a lamb at the temple, that He was the lamb that would be sacrificed that year, the Lamb of God who would take away the sins of the world.

red_heart
 Quoting: Junkyard Lily

Why is presented in physical form? That constitutes a ritual and a mind altering one at that. It's not commonly accepted that you drink your neighbors blood and eat their flesh, is it? Your brain doesn't know what to do so it goes along with the chants and song and then presto, you are the flock. Add a tincture of alcohol and you will light those little fires just enough. Captured.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30671528

pope = 266 magicians
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30969563
United States
12/28/2012 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus was standing there when he said dring my blood eat my flesh - IT WAS SYMBOLIC. He also said he was the door.

[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30992870
United States
12/28/2012 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why do YOU think Catholics drink the real flesh and blood of Jesus even though this is NOT how life from Son of Man is transferred. Plenty of bible quotes to oppose the notion of requirement of drinking real blood for the life sustenance.

Please no more Bible quotes I've read them all. Just please what do YOU think.

Quoting: Mix 1430445

I don't think it's just Catholicism. It's also any Judeo-influenced religion.

And therein lies your answer.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus was standing there when he said dring my blood eat my flesh - IT WAS SYMBOLIC. He also said he was the door.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30969563

Symbolic, sure, but symbolic of what? I forget which cultures drank and ate blood and flesh in hopes to gain their powers, but that is precisely the same line of thinking going on with Judeo-Christianity.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24410859
United States
12/28/2012 11:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
I believe that the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ is consumed in remembrance of Him and the great sacrifice He made, His Paschal sacrifice that year as a Jew. I believe He was trying to say that on that year He would not be sacrificing a lamb at the temple, that He was the lamb that would be sacrificed that year, the Lamb of God who would take away the sins of the world.

red_heart
 Quoting: Junkyard Lily

Why is presented in physical form? That constitutes a ritual and a mind altering one at that. It's not commonly accepted that you drink your neighbors blood and eat their flesh, is it? Your brain doesn't know what to do so it goes along with the chants and song and then presto, you are the flock. Add a tincture of alcohol and you will light those little fires just enough. Captured.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30671528

In my belief, the physical form of the body and blood is symbolic, and spiritually complete. It does not mean that I believe the host is turned into the actual body (molecularly speaking) of Jesus Christ (which in itself may be some sort of heresy for me to state). It is accepting that Jesus Christ is eternal, and accessible spiritually, through that doorway, and that through that particular sacrament, there is a spiritual grace given. To me it stays and looks like bread and wine, but the essence of it takes on the spiritual quality of God's love through Jesus's sacrifice. It is a spiritual communion. Has very little to do with the physical substances for me, they are based on metaphor and related to traditions of the time. Anyways, I do not have a microscope to examine whether the host and wine are physically changed into the actual blood and body of Jesus Christ, for those who believe, it is a matter of faith, of transubstantiation. For me, the Eucharist, communion, it is a reminder of the sacrifice made by Jesus.

He was redefining a lot of ideas in Judaism (and those ideas would eventually evolve into Christianity), it needs to be seen from a historical, not only a faith-based perspective, to understand. To understand what was required of Him as a Jew at the time of Pesach. He did not choose to bring an offering, a sacrifice of an animal (the "body" or flesh, and the "blood") to the temple for Pesach. He was saying to his Apostles at the "last supper" while holding up the bread which he had blessed, that metaphorically He...Himself, would be the sacrifice He would give to the "altar" of the world, on Pesach. "This is My flesh..." (to give to the temple on Pesach, I am not bringing the flesh of an animal to be sacrificed this year, as is required), "This is My blood..." (it will not be a lamb's blood at the temple this year, I am sacrificing something different). Does it make any sense now? That it is not being done, or was not originally intended, to be some sort of cannibalistic or joke about vampirism, He was pointing to His death that He knew was coming, and was replacing the blood of an animal shed at the temple that year for His own? It is metaphor. That He was greater than any sacrifice He could bring, and what He was choosing to do, He was doing out of love and a will to Redeem, and as the Son of God, it was a sacrifice only He could make. He shared the bread with his friends, and the wine, to remind them of the company they were sharing that night, and what he was choosing to do in becoming the Pesach "sacrificial lamb." The bread and wine are only symbolic of that sacrifice.

When He said, "Do this in memory of me," He was asking those who celebrate the Eucharist to in a way join Him for that last meal, take part, and realize the enduring love of His sacrifice. It was built on spiritual metaphor, and done in remembrance, and a wish to be closer to Jesus and understand His sacrifice.

Of course it is a ritual, in a loose sense. There are different types of rituals found in many religions, the Abrahamic religions are full of them, as well as many other old ones, and new ones, alike. hugs
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 11:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, I agree, AC. u2efine
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 11:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Beachbums

User ID: 30260631
Ecuador
12/28/2012 11:24 PM

Report Abusive Post
because they are stupid, dumbed down, not having any understanding of the word "representation," or "represents"
"Life is tough, it's tougher if you are stupid." - John Wayne

Settle down Francis!
Beachbums

User ID: 30260631
Ecuador
12/28/2012 11:25 PM

Report Abusive Post

Symbolic, sure, but symbolic of what? I forget which cultures drank and ate blood and flesh in hopes to gain their powers, but that is precisely the same line of thinking going on with Judeo-Christianity.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30992870

Satanic cultures, that is what. Just like modern day vampires.
"Life is tough, it's tougher if you are stupid." - John Wayne

Settle down Francis!
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/30/2012 01:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30992870

Satanic cultures, that is what. Just like modern day vampires.
 Quoting: Beachbums

Correct, more or less! I wasn't sure if we were on the same page.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31154776
South Africa
12/30/2012 01:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why do YOU think Catholics drink the blood of Jesus?

they are thirsty for blood?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31154776
South Africa
12/30/2012 01:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
i drink water

because if i didn't

i would die

they drink blood

because if they didn't

you would live.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31156123
United States
12/30/2012 01:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

cool
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32091928
United States
01/13/2013 03:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
2155. Prophecy given to Raymond Aguilera on 14 December 2012 at 11:54 AM

The Lord showed me an image of a tooth with a cavity.

Then the Lord said, "See the cavity, Reymundo?"

I said, "Yes."

See how the white area of the tooth has turned dark and black.

I said, "Yes."

Then the Lord said, "That is the way it is with the Body of Christ. Evil and sin eats away on what is pure and white. This happens from church leaders down to the average person seeking Jehovah, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Satan baits them, and they fall.

People need to read their Bibles, pray, and take Communion. The devil is no fool when it comes to fooling Christians and non-believers. The Heart and Love of the Lord is there, but one has to seek with a pure heart, pray for protection from oneself and Satan, for those two are against your spirit. Go to your quite place and pray and read your Bible daily. Your eyes will open up to the real truths of your God. Seek and you will find. Then you will see the cavity will stop in your spiritual body. Open your eyes and ears and save yourselves. I Love you all. So be it! So be it! So be it!
 Quoting: WitnessOfChristMyLord

Raymond Aquilera, was raised Catholic. He is a fallen away
Catholic. Jesus is preparing everyone to accept the great
grace of His presence in the Most Holy Eucharist.

Get ready....

No more Protestant rejection of the Real Presence. Think about it, God can do anything. He says over and over in
the Gospel, "This is My Body." Believe, it's supernatural.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20303657
Germany
01/13/2013 03:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
"There is no God but myself... Knowing this, who dares worship the false Gods of the Koran and Bible?" - Satan, from the Qu'ret Al-Yezid

"I lead to the straight path without a revealed book." Satan, from the Al-Jilwah

"Those who oppose me I afflict with disease..." Satan, from the Al-Jilwah (referring to the J e w s)

GOOGLE SATAN + JOY TO LEARN MORE AND CONTACT SATAN/ENKI
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/13/2013 03:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

Why do YOU think Catholics drink the real flesh and blood of Jesus even though this is NOT how life from Son of Man is transferred. Plenty of bible quotes to oppose the notion of requirement of drinking real blood for the life sustenance.

Please no more Bible quotes I've read them all. Just please what do YOU think.

Quoting: Mix 1430445

Hi Mix,

Pray about it, ask Our Lord if He is truly present in the
consecrated host. Do not reject the most Holy Eucharist
any longer.

Jesus is getting Protestants ready to finally to accept the pinnacle of the faith, His presence in the Holy Eucharist.

Protestants rejected the Eucharist because they have no priesthood,no means to confect the Eucharist.

Notice, Amanda Leonard is a non-Catholic Christian prophet.
Our Lord gave her a message on January 10, 2013. He
says it, plain as day. It's been going on for some time
in prophecy (private revelation). Our Lord is correcting
the heresies and gently preparing Protestants to accept the
faith. Look to the Heavens, the Great Warning is "soon."

The first part of the message:

January 10, 2013

message to Amanda Leonard

While in the presence of the Lord, I went to another
realm during worship. I was singing what the Lord was
showing me, some was from a previous vision, most of it
was a new vision. I felt lead to write some of what I
remember singing, I’m sure it won’t be word for word but
you will get the idea of what the Lord was showing me and
others through these words from heaven. I first remember
singing…”Fill me up, Fill me up, Fill me up….take us on a
journey Lord.” I heard the Lord saying, “I want to show
you My garden, come and walk with Me, I want to show you
my table, there will always be enough, I want to show you
My glory, so much you can’t contain it! Just one taste
and you will never thirst again, My body your bread, My
blood your wine
.” I was in this place with the Lord,
this heavenly realm where time stood still, where ALL my
attention, all my focus/my gaze was on His face! I saw
myself walking with Him, talking with Him, eating with
Him and Him filling me until I was spilling out...

[link to www.openheaven.com] (prophecy)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32092537
Croatia
01/13/2013 03:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Fr. Barron on the Mystery of Eating Jesus' Flesh

Anonymous Coward
United States
01/13/2013 03:52 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32092537

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32092537

Croatia,

Thanks!! I give you a hug hugs. Everybody, please, watch
this Youtube, Father Barron explains so well, he will help you understand better, the most Holy Eucharist.

*And, Father Barron stands right where Our Lord stood. It's like being there! Next, Father takes you to a Church, where a Eucharistic miracle took place a long time ago and gives the reaction of a saint everyone knows, his words*...

GLP