I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31023171
United States
12/28/2012 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Beatles
I used to love the beatles but since I've become a born again christian I steer clear of them for these reasons.

1. Pervasive drug use and promotion

2. Mocks Jesus Christ in his book---"Jesus El Pifico, a garlic-eating, stinking little yellow, greasy fascist bastard catholic Spaniard." (A Spaniard in the Works, p.14).

3. In his 1965 book published by Simon & Schuster, John Lennon blasphemed the Father, Son and Holy Spirit by calling them "Fahter, Sock and Micky Most."

4. The words of their own press officer Derek Taylor: "They’re [the Beatles] completely anti-Christ. I mean, I am anti-Christ as well, but they’re so anti-Christ they shock me which isn’t an easy thing" (Saturday Evening Post, August 8-15, 1964, p. 25).

5. Alister Crowley is featured on the Sgt. Pepper's album with the rest of their "heroes"

Just my personal preference.
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

User ID: 30718771
United States
12/28/2012 12:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can't choose between George and John. While My Guitar Gently Weeps is my fav song again hard to choose. I'm only in my 30s but my parents were fans so I grew up with their music.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6338183

The Beatles music is timeless, regardless of our age. A band whose music was meant to be loved by generation after generation. "my guitar weeps" is also one of my favorite by George. Growing up with the Beatles music is a good way to grow up!
flower
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 999224
United States
12/28/2012 01:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
I used to love the beatles but since I've become a born again christian I steer clear of them for these reasons.

1. Pervasive drug use and promotion

2. Mocks Jesus Christ in his book---"Jesus El Pifico, a garlic-eating, stinking little yellow, greasy fascist bastard catholic Spaniard." (A Spaniard in the Works, p.14).

3. In his 1965 book published by Simon & Schuster, John Lennon blasphemed the Father, Son and Holy Spirit by calling them "Fahter, Sock and Micky Most."

4. The words of their own press officer Derek Taylor: "They’re [the Beatles] completely anti-Christ. I mean, I am anti-Christ as well, but they’re so anti-Christ they shock me which isn’t an easy thing" (Saturday Evening Post, August 8-15, 1964, p. 25).

5. Alister Crowley is featured on the Sgt. Pepper's album with the rest of their "heroes"

Just my personal preference.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31023171

Old Jesus H is up there jamming out to the white album as I type.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 999224
United States
12/28/2012 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
^^. I apologize. I just heard some sheS so heavy comeIng out of JHC's bedroom. Sounding like some abbey road on his record player. ^^
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 01:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is just an example of why they were so good. You can almost picture yourself in the room observing what was going on...

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19980561

Doesn't that song capture the quiet desperation so many live with? "She's leaving home after living alone for so many years".....verysad.
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 01:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Gotta love John for his political activism. But Ringo is a highly under appreciated drummer, he put the beat in the Beatles. Lennon/McCartney best songwriting duo of all time, George one of the best guitarists of all time, of those who are left, Ringo puts on quite a show. Kinda liking Ringo right now, he's a survivor who just seems a little more in it for the fun of rock and roll than Paul.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31006683

Who do you think will be the last surviving Beatle? Paul or Ringo?
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 01:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
which beatles??
the original formation with the 'real' paul, or the formation with the paul replacement.. 'faul' mccartney.. the real paul died in a car crash in '66
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12762865

Can that be proven that he died in a car crash, or was that hoax about Paul created ?????yapping
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30947969
United Kingdom
12/28/2012 01:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
which beatles??
the original formation with the 'real' paul, or the formation with the paul replacement.. 'faul' mccartney.. the real paul died in a car crash in '66

Can that be proven that he died in a car crash, or was that hoax about Paul created ?????yapping
 Quoting: CelestialMaiden

It is complete and utter bullshit that he died in '66.
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
the murdered one was the heart and soul and genious
 Quoting: st.j 30976418

genius bite me
 Quoting: s.j 30976418

John Lennon WAS absolutely GENIOUS. Not only genius, but had the courage to put into lyrics and sing the delicate and strong emotions that everyone else felt but were not brave enough to express. applause2
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 01:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
which beatles??

It is complete and utter bullshit that he died in '66.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30947969

You are right, the lie was perpetrated by someone that had nothing else to do. Perhaps the ones involved in the lie needed to sit back and enjoy their music more?pphtt
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4575022
United Kingdom
12/28/2012 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I always liked Pete Best the best.

he was in it solely for the music and left before the boys sold out.

that's what you call integrity.

(tongue firmly in cheek)
 Quoting: Anonymous Cowherder

Pete Best was sacked for being too good looking. The rest of the band were jealous of all the attention he got from women. John was by far the most jealous.
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
John wrote most of the hits early on. Later Paul wrote some beautiful music. They both were great.
 Quoting: indiandave

And together they were the most spontaneous genius dual song writers in history up till now. they could take simple and make it fun. They could take simple and make it complex. They could take complex and make it simple, or they could be completely mysterious. There's something intriguing about that.applause2
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 02:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Pete Best was sacked for being too good looking. The rest of the band were jealous of all the attention he got from women. John was by far the most jealous.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4575022

John was a jealous man, and he later admitted it in a song he wrote for Yoko. Again, an extremely courageous man, willing to expose his vulnerabilities and make it into beautiful song that ones could relate to. He wrote our pains.
Anonymous Cowherder
Stop the inanity!

User ID: 28230270
United States
12/28/2012 02:03 PM

Report Abusive Post

(tongue firmly in cheek)

makes sense. also explains why they chose Ringo as his replacement then, no competition.
Repeal the 17th Amendment and the Reapportionment Act of 1929!

Thread: First steps down the road to a return to the Constitutional Republic that we were intended to be.

Restore the Republic.

Thread: The Bill of Rights does NOT include age requirements!

It's a flower, not something to be feared.

cow - Moo!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30708042
United States
12/28/2012 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Beatles had a couple of good tunes, but they can't compare to Led Zeppelin.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28468708
United States
12/28/2012 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Beatles had a couple of good tunes, but they can't compare to Led Zeppelin.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30708042

HA! i'm in the middle of stairway to heaven from a great sounding '73 show!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30506611
United States
12/28/2012 05:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

(tongue firmly in cheek)

makes sense. also explains why they chose Ringo as his replacement then, no competition.

That plan backfired then bc in the 60s the girls liked Ringo more than the others.
s.j
User ID: 30976418
United States
12/28/2012 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
the murdered one was the heart and soul and genious
 Quoting: st.j 30976418

genius bite me
 Quoting: s.j 30976418

John Lennon WAS absolutely GENIOUS. Not only genius, but had the courage to put into lyrics and sing the delicate and strong emotions that everyone else felt but were not brave enough to express. applause2

sorry meant paulie
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 07:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Gotta love John for his political activism. But Ringo is a highly under appreciated drummer, he put the beat in the Beatles. Lennon/McCartney best songwriting duo of all time, George one of the best guitarists of all time, of those who are left, Ringo puts on quite a show. Kinda liking Ringo right now, he's a survivor who just seems a little more in it for the fun of rock and roll than Paul.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31006683

Who do you think may out live each other? growing up I always wondered which Beatle would live longest. though I never in a million years thought John would end the way he did. the Bible assures us of a resurrection. we have the hope of seeing them again, " ...and I have hope toward God, which hope these men also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous"- Acts 24:15
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
My 6yr old son inherited my love of the Beatles. We're both John fans.

I saw Paul in concert in Detroit almost 10 yrs ago. Great showman, a musical genius, but a self indulged control freak who envied the attention Lennon got with his sardonic wit.
 Quoting: UNkLE |3UCK

your son has VERY good taste then!!!! ohyeah
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 07:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
%Lennon%
 Quoting: Perseus7

_/ check

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28388164

thank you for that beautiful video. John's song "IMAGINE"- was his own vision of the promise that Bible holds out of a paradise earth- an earth free of false religion, of greed, of hunger...he just didn't know it when he wrote it. but, "IMAGINE"....though, when Jehovah God resurrects him back to life on this earth, he will find his song is a reality. "FOR EVILDOERS THEMSELVES WILL BE CUT OFF, BUT THOSE HOPING IN JEHOVAH ARE THE ONES THAT WILL POSSESS THE EARTH.
BUT THE MEEK ONES THEMSELVES WILL POSSESS THE EARTH,
AND THEY WILL INDEED FIND THEIR EXQUISITE DELIGH IN THE ABUNDANCE OF PEACE"- Psalms 37:9, 11
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 07:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
%Lennon%
 Quoting: Perseus7

applause2
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
John Lennon and Ringo Star are my favoprite beatles.They wrote the best misic for my taste.
Rocky Racoon always puts a smile on my face.Octopus's Garden was tops.
John Lennon did some great things on the White Album.
Glass Onion, Yer Blues ect...
I love the Beatles
 Quoting: moot

a true mixture of genius and imagination!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
12/28/2012 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry OP : )

Hope you don't mind that I post this -

[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30786416
United States
12/28/2012 09:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30786416
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 233440
United States
12/28/2012 09:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
No matter how I feel it seems that I can always find a Beatles song that fits my mood. I can't say that about any other band. But I grew up listening to them so naturally their music invokes a lot of feelings.
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
When you study HOW they made their songs, the "Tricks" they came up with to make them on ONLY a 4 track for most of the songs, THEN you will understand how GREAT they were..

"THE Best"
 Quoting: Mrgravyard

AHEAD OF THE TIMES were they not???---yet they never let it ruin their passion for what mattered most- making the best music ever
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
12/28/2012 10:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
No matter how I feel it seems that I can always find a Beatles song that fits my mood. I can't say that about any other band. But I grew up listening to them so naturally their music invokes a lot of feelings.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 233440

now THERE is a thought I can stand behind- the Beatles could take simple and make it fun, they could take simple and make it complex, they could take complex and make it simple, they could make it totally a mystery, or they could take human emotion and make it vulnerable, especially John....yes, they had something for everyoneapplause2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28847935
United States
12/28/2012 10:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: SpaceCommand

You got it Rubber Soul turned the band from top 40 pablum to serious song writers and musicians - loved the whole album but if I had to pick one it would be 'The Word'

GLP