Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22079895
United States
12/28/2012 09:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
To all you anti-union people.
I currently live in an "at-will" state.

Employers can fire you for no reason. There is no legal requirement to even give you a reason.

But, with a union, if your fired, you can file a grievance.

With this, the union investigates, and if they determine you were fired for a stupid reason, they can reverse the termination.

This offers you security with your job. Without it, and if you live in an "at-will state", an employer can fire you for your tie being crooked.

I won't go on to what else a union does, but the message is simple...

I want to say "screw you" to anyone who bashes the unions.

Anyone who thinks a union is bad, needs to educated themselves on what unions have done for people over the years.

If you think working 14 hours a day for min. wage, under the nose of a boss who can fire you for breathing is just fine and dandy, then bash the unions all you want.

Yes, there are good and bad unions. Some unions demand too much for their employees. These kinds of unions are the ones the GOP likes to smear to make all unions look bad. This is because the GOP likes to generalize, stereotype, and paint things with a wide brush.

My father worked for a rubber factory, which was union. He was fired twice for trivial reasons. If it was not for the union, he would of been out the door.

Do you know what large party wants people to work long hours, for little pay? The communists.

So either be a commie, or take the stick out of your ass, the dick out of your mouth, and QUIT BASHING UNIONS.
Anonymous Cowherder
Stop the inanity!

User ID: 28230270
United States
12/28/2012 09:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: To all you anti-union people.
wrongful termination laws, each state has them.

[link to www.wrongfulterminationlaws.com]

Wrongful termination is covered in all states by federal laws such as the FLSA and Civil Rights Act. However, ever state has different employment laws regarding "at will" employment, employment contracts and more. Discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, gender or sex, age or disability is illegal in all fifty states, and usually the cause for many wrongful dismissal cases.
 Quoting: the link

Repeal the 17th Amendment and the Reapportionment Act of 1929!

Thread: First steps down the road to a return to the Constitutional Republic that we were intended to be.

Restore the Republic.

Thread: The Bill of Rights does NOT include age requirements!

It's a flower, not something to be feared.

cow - Moo!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 22079895
United States
12/28/2012 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Those laws are if you get fired for discrimination or whistle blowing, and other things. Those laws do not cover everything.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14318106
Australia
12/28/2012 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Get educated. Get a better job. Make intelligent career decisions, work hard and do your best and you will have a great work-life.

Never had a need for unions myself, just personal responsibility. Handing responsibility for your ongoing employment or fiscal future to a trade union is just giving up your freedom.

Ask yourself why union leaders tend to be wealthy with nice homes, trophy wives and schmick suits? Because thats where your union fees go. They no more represent you than your employer does.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26084706
United States
12/28/2012 09:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
The problem is that when you try to fire shitty employees the union always file grievances. It is too hard to fire bad employees.
TheCartel

User ID: 29735768
United States
12/28/2012 09:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Eat a dick fatboy...now file your grievance
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23473010
United States
12/28/2012 09:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
shouldn't you be on strike somewhere?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3571320
United States
12/28/2012 09:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
My personal experience with unions was not good. They protected their friends and ignored the rest of us. They just wanted my money. When i did file a complaint it was all but ignored. I was not the union bosses best buddy. i quit the union but still had my money I would have paid taken out.

I learned the only way to protect yourself was to become replaceable by doing the best job I could. The union was a waste of money in my experience.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12366656
United States
12/28/2012 09:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Employers can fire you for no reason. There is no legal requirement to even give you a reason.

With this, the union investigates, and if they determine you were fired for a stupid reason, they can reverse the termination.

This offers you security with your job. Without it, and if you live in an "at-will state", an employer can fire you for your tie being crooked.

Anyone who thinks a union is bad, needs to educated themselves on what unions have done for people over the years.

If you think working 14 hours a day for min. wage, under the nose of a boss who can fire you for breathing is just fine and dandy, then bash the unions all you want.

Yes, there are good and bad unions. Some unions demand too much for their employees. These kinds of unions are the ones the GOP likes to smear to make all unions look bad. This is because the GOP likes to generalize, stereotype, and paint things with a wide brush.

My father worked for a rubber factory, which was union. He was fired twice for trivial reasons. If it was not for the union, he would of been out the door.

Do you know what large party wants people to work long hours, for little pay? The communists.

So either be a commie, or take the stick out of your ass, the dick out of your mouth, and QUIT BASHING UNIONS.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22079895

Um, ALL the Unions are run by the JEWS!

They make YOU pay them money to belong,

and then funnel that money into Political Contributions

Political Contributions ONLY to JEW Freindly Communists.

So, in a nutshell, YOU don't want to be fired, and are willing to be used as a money machine by the Stinking Scurvey JEWS in return for Communizing every one else.

So that's where it stands.

Your Expected JEW Buddies will sell your @ss out from under you as soon as communisim in place.

Look at History.

No one cares if you get fired as long as you are a WILLING Cog in the machine to communize America.

Here, watch this video and educate yourself about your Held-In-So-High-Esteme Hebrews (and don't let Yourself be cannon fodder for their Evil Ways)

Btw: Your Dad worked at a Rubber Plant; they don't call them that anymore. Now they are refered to as Con-Domes. Anyway, take a look at the Video and LEARN who these Evil Union People Really Are.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30670070
United States
12/28/2012 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
wrongful termination laws, each state has them.

[link to www.wrongfulterminationlaws.com]

Wrongful termination is covered in all states by federal laws such as the FLSA and Civil Rights Act. However, ever state has different employment laws regarding "at will" employment, employment contracts and more. Discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, gender or sex, age or disability is illegal in all fifty states, and usually the cause for many wrongful dismissal cases.
 Quoting: the link

Quoting: Anonymous Cowherder

If you're a white male US citizen, you can forget about any protection from those laws.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 09:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am against public employee unions.

I don't mind unionizing private employers. Nor do I mind if workers cannot get a union. With private employers I can see an argument on both sides.

I have always worked non-union, and I could have been fired for any reason or no reason. It's the way it is in my experience. I don't mind someone else having no protection, but on the other hand I never had it so I don't want to pay more for someone else to have what I could not have. Mixed feelings.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3798339
United States
12/28/2012 09:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah.. and of there was no unions people would not pay what we pay for things.. GREEDY unions and the workers keep prices high.. So thank goodness for the unions.. Dont you have some teamsters dick to suck or something
BVNDY
User ID: 24070168
United States
12/28/2012 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
When young I worked at a yarn knitting plant.
Union organizers came in and convinced a bunch of dumbasses
to vote union, which they did.
Plant shut down the next day, which organizers knew would happen, just did not want a plant open that was non-union.
150 out of work, union reps on a bus outta town, all during
the Jimmy Carter depression.
Out of work for a year.
FUCK UNIONS.
Never could figure out how unemployed at 12 bucks an hour was better than employed at 5.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31049116
United States
12/28/2012 09:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
retied/disabled,just filed for my 18 year teamsters pension.
drink the wrong type of milk and face arrest lol.we r so in there face
Johnny Be Good

User ID: 5122895
United Kingdom
12/28/2012 09:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is not that unions per-se are bad - workers do need effective representation and solidarity to stick up for themselves.

But when your unions have been targeted and co-opted to serve progressive communist interests and are engaged in a Cloward and Piven, collapse the system strategy - that is quite a different thing.
Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31049116
United States
12/28/2012 10:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
teamsters pension is a speck in the sand compared to senators pensions lol
Copperhead

User ID: 24964643
United States

Report Abusive Post
Man, I could really go for a Twinkie right now.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
When young I worked at a yarn knitting plant.
Union organizers came in and convinced a bunch of dumbasses
to vote union, which they did.
Plant shut down the next day, which organizers knew would happen, just did not want a plant open that was non-union.
150 out of work, union reps on a bus outta town, all during
the Jimmy Carter depression.
Out of work for a year.
FUCK UNIONS.
Never could figure out how unemployed at 12 bucks an hour was better than employed at 5.
 Quoting: BVNDY 24070168

The union workers in other plants profited at the expense of your jobs.

It's like the story of my life. There are all these great social programs and stuff, but at a fairly young age I figured out that I would never be the beneficiary; they were careful never to mention this to me, but it's how it is.

So I became opposed to the social programs, and screw the targeted beneficiaries.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Copperhead

Bimbo will probably buy all those plants up (and the Twinkies trademark) and reopen them nonunion, I'm actually not sure what the hold-up is.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
teamsters pension is a speck in the sand compared to senators pensions lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31049116

True, we do what we can. If you've got a way to attack Washington benefits, I am all ears.
Copperhead

User ID: 24964643
United States
12/28/2012 10:07 PM

Report Abusive Post
I live in an "At Will" state and was laid off 4 years ago. Did I piss and moan about it? No, I started my own business with money I had set aside while working for "The Man", and at this very moment I am in my shop running a couple of CNC mills and thinking about having a bourban while surfing GLP.

Unions keep the bottom of the barrel employed and put a cap on the achievers.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 10:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

Bimbo will probably buy all those plants up (and the Twinkies trademark) and reopen them nonunion, I'm actually not sure what the hold-up is.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30670070

They simply sell off all of the Equipment in the plant to China,

then start making them there.

They have already started making Ho-Ho's there. They call them Ho-Ho-Che-Mins, and on the foil wrapper is a smiling face of good ole Ho-Che-Min himself.

Ahhhh, ain't communism great! Espeicaly when the instigators are within the borders of America.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/28/2012 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here are some current pictures of how things will be under communism for regular (non-Jew) people.

Hope you like all dressing the same in rags, and pedling bikes,
because that is what communism was, IS and Always will be.

Coolie Labor at the Point of a gun for your Jewish Masters:

Commie Public Transportation; Keeping the Planet Green by riding bikes!

[link to christianseiersen.files.wordpress.com]

Commie Forced Labor; now you sell Oranges.
Don't sell enough, you will be reassined to work as a Prostitute.
Fail at the that, then you are a Useless Eater and will be turned into fertilizer.

[link to www.britannica.com]

Commie Teamsters:

[link to static.guim.co.uk]

and the list goes on....btw under Communism Deoderant and Tampons are only availible to the masters, not the Slaves.....So you do the math.
BRIEF

User ID: 31033836
United States
12/28/2012 10:21 PM

Report Abusive Post

Fuck you union pussies! You are the reason all the manufacturing jobs went overseas and why a car here costs 50K! Go fuck yourselves the way you fucked our country you greedy fucks!
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
BRIEF

User ID: 31033836
United States
12/28/2012 10:22 PM

Report Abusive Post

1rof1
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4032947
United States
12/28/2012 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30022353
Poland
12/28/2012 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

So the union guys that got caught drinking and smoking pot and got suspended then reinstated is ok with you? You would drive your family in a car made by these bafoons? Unions are nothing but Democrat slush funds everyone knows it.
Anonymous Coward
Poland
12/28/2012 10:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

So the union guys that got caught drinking and smoking pot and got suspended then reinstated is ok with you? You would drive your family in a car made by these bafoons? Unions are nothing but Democrat slush funds everyone knows it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30022353

[link to www.foxnews.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21997033
Canada
12/28/2012 10:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Everyone should have a right to join a union or guild, appropriate to their avocations, if they want to.
Anonymous Coward
Poland
12/28/2012 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Everyone should have a right to join a union or guild, appropriate to their avocations, if they want to.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21997033

but they dont have a right to hold us hostage.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30942888
United States
12/28/2012 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

The job is not "yours" numb nut! The job is the employer's.

If you had gradiatied high scool, you would comprehend that fact.

Don't like it? Start a business and hire retards (union folks).

GLP