IN MEMORIAM: Philip Coppens Of ‘Ancient Aliens’ Passes Away 

Olea Yimoria

User ID: 28513023
United States
12/31/2012 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: IN MEMORIAM: Philip Coppens Of ‘Ancient Aliens’ Passes Away 
And to think all of the knowledge his death took from us that he didn't have published, what a shame! Condolences to his family and loved ones.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1510193
United States
12/31/2012 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
He had a rare form of cancer, they killed him!
Abyss Lady

User ID: 7586312
Latvia
12/31/2012 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1510193

Steve Jobs and many other bright people have died from "rare form of cancer" too young.

Coincidence? I think not!
The Wrath is going to be Endless
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
12/31/2012 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

Steve Jobs and many other bright people have died from "rare form of cancer" too young.

Quoting: Abyss Lady

did you know that steve jobs' cancer was found early and he could have very easily been cured?

however:

"In October 2003, Jobs was diagnosed with cancer, and in mid-2004, he announced to his employees that he had a cancerous tumor in his pancreas. The prognosis for pancreatic cancer is usually very poor; Jobs stated that he had a rare, far less aggressive type known as islet cell neuroendocrine tumor. Despite his diagnosis, Jobs resisted his doctors' recommendations for mainstream medical intervention for nine months, instead consuming a special alternative medicine diet in an attempt to thwart the disease.

According to Harvard researcher Ramzi Amri, his choice of alternative treatment "led to an unnecessarily early death."

According to Jobs's biographer, Walter Isaacson, "for nine months he refused to undergo surgery for his pancreatic cancer – a decision he later regretted as his health declined." "Instead, he tried a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies and other treatments he found online, and even consulted a psychic. He also was influenced by a doctor who ran a clinic that advised juice fasts, bowel cleansings and other unproven approaches, before finally having surgery in July 2004."

He eventually underwent a pancreaticoduodenectomy (or "Whipple procedure") in July 2004, that appeared to successfully remove the tumor. Jobs apparently did not receive chemotherapy or radiation therapy. During Jobs's absence, Tim Cook, head of worldwide sales and operations at Apple, ran the company.

----from wikipedia

i would say being a lefty loon contributed to his death.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16648993
United States
12/31/2012 10:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
nothing suspicious and nothing to see here. just like senator wellstone.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18806415
United States
12/31/2012 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
i'm glad the show got made. brought him some fame in his final days. judging by his facebook page, he seemed quite proud of it.

RIP good fellow; on to the next realm
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18806415
United States
12/31/2012 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
jobs should of had the surgery AND done all the "lefty loon" stuff to sway his health

right-brain + left-brain = BALANCE
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16155040
Canada
12/31/2012 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Very sad. I have enjoyed listening to Coppens for a number of years. I could listen to him speak all day long.

I don't buy the alien side of it but respect coppens for the passion he put into his work and watching someone like that wither away at a young age is heart breaking.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9045682
United States
12/31/2012 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
What? He looked very young! God bless his soul, and his family and friends' precious hearts.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16155040
Canada
12/31/2012 11:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
What? He looked very young! God bless his soul, and his family and friends' precious hearts.

hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9045682

there was a final pic he tweeted where he looked like he was walking dead from his hospital bed, again heartbreaking.
DarthDickheadus:Ameri​canSith

User ID: 30587851
United States
12/31/2012 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to the188garrison.podbean.com]

Season 1 episode 30! Great interview.
(GLP aka American Jedi)

Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.
Kenny Powers

If you steal the dreams of others long enough, sooner or later you'll end up in a nightmare.
American Jedi

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

Satis Eloquentiae, Sapientiae Parum....

"The last of the old?"

"No, the first of the new."
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/31/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
I really enjoy Ancient Aliens.. especially when it first came out. Haven't watched the last seasons of it. Heard it went downhill - but I'm sure it was still interesting.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5213553

Haven't seen the NASA ["Nazi"] one yet. Heard that was great!
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/31/2012 11:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
check this out.....someone edited the wiki from google.

google hit shows hes dead -
:phil12302012:

but when you go to wiki page - no mention.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
edited on dec 30
 Quoting: Phennommennonn

41? Dag!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1540313
United States
12/31/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
hf
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/31/2012 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

did you know that steve jobs' cancer was found early and he could have very easily been cured?

however:

"In October 2003, Jobs was diagnosed with cancer, and in mid-2004, he announced to his employees that he had a cancerous tumor in his pancreas. The prognosis for pancreatic cancer is usually very poor; Jobs stated that he had a rare, far less aggressive type known as islet cell neuroendocrine tumor. Despite his diagnosis, Jobs resisted his doctors' recommendations for mainstream medical intervention for nine months, instead consuming a special alternative medicine diet in an attempt to thwart the disease.

According to Harvard researcher Ramzi Amri, his choice of alternative treatment "led to an unnecessarily early death."

According to Jobs's biographer, Walter Isaacson, "for nine months he refused to undergo surgery for his pancreatic cancer – a decision he later regretted as his health declined." "Instead, he tried a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies and other treatments he found online, and even consulted a psychic. He also was influenced by a doctor who ran a clinic that advised juice fasts, bowel cleansings and other unproven approaches, before finally having surgery in July 2004."

He eventually underwent a pancreaticoduodenectomy (or "Whipple procedure") in July 2004, that appeared to successfully remove the tumor. Jobs apparently did not receive chemotherapy or radiation therapy. During Jobs's absence, Tim Cook, head of worldwide sales and operations at Apple, ran the company.

----from wikipedia

Quoting: davvi

Lots of people beat cancer via alternative approaches. Just because Steve didn't means nothing.
NiNzrez

User ID: 28232082
United States
12/31/2012 11:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
from a post Giorgio Tsoukalos made on his Facebook page yesterday

"
Dear Everyone - - My dear friend, colleague and brother Philip Coppens is currently recovering from an 8hr surgery at UCLA MEdical in Westwood to combat his unwelcome angiosarcoma intruder. I need ALL of you to CONTINUE sending him your best thoughts and vibes. Let's DEMONSTRATE TO THE WORLD that THOUGHT CAN and WILL alter the course of someone's fate..."
Fun-Da-Mental

User ID: 4433985
Netherlands
12/31/2012 12:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
R.I.P.hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17279879
United States
12/31/2012 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
One dies but his FB page lives on. Sick...

[link to m.facebook.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6568391

Welcome tO yor digital grave yard
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14505884
Netherlands
12/31/2012 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
check this out.....someone edited the wiki from google.

google hit shows hes dead -
:phil12302012:

but when you go to wiki page - no mention.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
edited on dec 30
 Quoting: Phennommennonn

2 different people but both with the same name. Ancient Aliens Philips Coppens is not the same guy as the google wikipedia hit you just showed.
Kael

User ID: 1451069
Syria
12/31/2012 02:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
from a post Giorgio Tsoukalos made on his Facebook page yesterday

"
Dear Everyone - - My dear friend, colleague and brother Philip Coppens is currently recovering from an 8hr surgery at UCLA MEdical in Westwood to combat his unwelcome angiosarcoma intruder. I need ALL of you to CONTINUE sending him your best thoughts and vibes. Let's DEMONSTRATE TO THE WORLD that THOUGHT CAN and WILL alter the course of someone's fate..."
 Quoting: NiNzrez

bump
"Thou we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven that which we are, we are.
One equal temper of heroic hearts made weak by time and fate but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield"
davvi

User ID: 3677166
United States
01/01/2013 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post

however:

----from wikipedia

Quoting: davvi

Lots of people beat cancer via alternative approaches. Just because Steve didn't means nothing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9045682

i would say that it meant everything to steve...

GLP