Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,206 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 936,396
Pageviews Today: 1,669,941Threads Today: 715Posts Today: 12,615
06:56 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!

Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 1110734
United States
01/05/2013 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!
Making a short post, which is nigh impossible for long-winded me.

Coughing happens because the air passage has narrowed. That's it. Use an inhaler to relax the smooth muscle of the respiratory tract and get real albeit temporary relief and try to cough up the mucus if it's possible.

People think of inhalers for asthma, but they can help anyone. It's why breathing treatments (expensive) are given in the ER for sparms of coughing.

EDIT: More
Glycoaminoglycans (GAGs) make up mucus. They're little building blocks that lubricate the airway and trap and remove the foreign particles caught by waves of cilia in the respiratory tract. If you eat less of certain foods, then your mucus production will go down. Other food encourage the production of mucus.

Usually you want to eat lots of foods rich in omega 6 fatty acid, but not while with a respiratory illness. A person with cystic fibrosis in which lots of mucus is formed should avoid them especially. See:
[link to www.livestrong.com]

Dairy...same thing. Wheat same thing.

Fresh fruits and veggies cut down on mucus production.

More:
[link to www.webmd.com]

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/05/2013 03:47 PM
Cassie :-)

User ID: 10262276
United States
01/05/2013 11:50 PM

Report Abusive Post
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!

Coughing happens because the air passage has narrowed. That's it. Use an inhaler to relax the smooth muscle of the respiratory tract and get real albeit temporary relief and try to cough up the mucus if it's possible.

People think of inhalers for asthma, but they can help anyone. It's why breathing treatments (expensive) are given in the ER for sparms of coughing.

Glycoaminoglycans (GAGs) make up mucus. They're little building blocks that lubricate the airway and trap and remove the foreign particles caught by waves of cilia in the respiratory tract. If you eat less of certain foods, then your mucus production will go down. Other food encourage the production of mucus.

Usually you want to eat lots of foods rich in omega 6 fatty acid, but not while with a respiratory illness. A person with cystic fibrosis in which lots of mucus is formed should avoid them especially. See:

More:
[link to www.webmd.com]
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Thanks, good info. I've been sick since Dec 26th with the constant cough and chest congestion. Went to the Doc 2 days ago he prescribed for Bronchitis an inhaler, antibiotics, and a cough syrup w/codine that has let me sleep peacefully through the night.

Worst crap I've ever had, a couple of days I felt I was drowning and I could not get enough air.

Last Edited by Cassie :-) on 01/05/2013 11:50 PM
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

"...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." I John 1:7

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

And this is the record, that God hath given
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24182468
United States
01/05/2013 11:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
We tried the vaporizer. Works very well.
Isis One

User ID: 14343270
United States
01/06/2013 01:15 AM

Report Abusive Post
Good homemade cough 'medicine' I found on-line but can vouch for b/c I used it couple weeks ago when I had a dry, irritating cough that got worse at night.

2 Tblspoons Honey
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 Tblspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
Couple tablespoons spring water to mix

Take a couple teaspoonfuls every few hours as needed.

I added some squashed garlic in the beginning. Tastes like ass but it works and its cheap!
Spread the word, change the collective conscious......
THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH OF EVERYTHING TO GO AROUND

When you are undisciplined, the universe is extremely forgiving and when you are disciplined, the universe is extremely generous. Me

One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. Andre Gide
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/06/2013 01:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

More:
[link to www.webmd.com]

Thanks, good info. I've been sick since Dec 26th with the constant cough and chest congestion. Went to the Doc 2 days ago he prescribed for Bronchitis an inhaler, antibiotics, and a cough syrup w/codine that has let me sleep peacefully through the night.

Worst crap I've ever had, a couple of days I felt I was drowning and I could not get enough air.
 Quoting: Cassie :-)

You're welcome Cassie. You actually could drown so I tell people to use a sit up reading pillow and sleep that way with someone monitoring you when so deathly ill, because in the night you could roll over and choke. Not joking.

Someone with a dry hacking cough could have walking pneumonia (atypical) and that doesn't produce mucus and so you cough like mad. It makes it impossible to sleep.

EDIT:

By the way, a person with cystic fibrosis will often get a special percussive vest and this taps upon their chest to loosen the mucus. You can do that with productive (mucus forming) flu by gently using a hammer fist (just like it sounds and percussing the front and back lung region to help expel the mucus and therefore reduce coughing. Sit them up straight on the edge of the bed, then gently pound on their back and chest. Sounds weird but works. I bet they end up coughing it up after.

Be careful using too much eucalyptus and methol as they actually can exacerbate mucus production. Many cold products have them like Fisherman's Friend lozenges.

Added a link because many of you won't believe...
[link to www.cff.org]

PDF which explains exactly how to do it.
[link to www.cff.org]

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/06/2013 01:31 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29862513
United States
01/06/2013 01:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well the spray from the planes seems to be getting heavier all the time. So some people might be troubled because of inhaled particulates.....such as aluminum dust. This would lead to a long term chronic dry cough.

Spirulina and Chlorella help to turn a dry cough into a productive cough.......and help the body get rid of pariculates.

If there is fever.....then you probably have a virus or bacteria. Take high doses of D3 to help bolster the immune system.
CrazyMama73

User ID: 13243332
Canada
01/06/2013 01:56 AM

Report Abusive Post
I'm sick.

Pipe burst and my apartment flooded out.

No heat.

No water.

And it's my birthday. verysad

------
 Quoting: BOWMAN 17865384

so sorry be strong you are going to get well
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28630651

I'm on the mend. thumbs

Although the carpet is still a bit soggy here. chuckle

------
 Quoting: BOWMAN

Happy belated birthday hf
ming

User ID: 1584842
Sweden
01/06/2013 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
So I had that heavy cold for a couple of days, just in my head. Woke up today much better, but now its gone to my chest. I'm a smoker though, so only got myself to blame lol.
Out of this ugliness may come,
Some day, so beautiful a flower,
That men will wonder at that hour,
Remembering smoke and flowerless slum,
And ask-glimpsing the agony
Of the slaves who wrestle to be free-
'But why were all the poets dumb?'
-William Montgomerie

So many gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind,
While just the art of being kind
Is all the sad world needs.
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
aliensbro

User ID: 31172160
United States
01/06/2013 12:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Been coughing and waking up every other hour at night along with my girlfriend for about 3 weeks now.
BULLDOZER

User ID: 27878774
United States
01/06/2013 12:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Coughing and coughing and more coughing and it never gets better, I thought it was just me until everyone I know told me they had the same thing. Dr gave me some strong antibiotics that have done absolutely nothing.
NON SERVIAM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17687147
United States
01/06/2013 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm sick.

Pipe burst and my apartment flooded out.

No heat.

No water.

And it's my birthday. verysad

------
 Quoting: BOWMAN 17865384

can you stay at families? Id say come here but I reside in a hotel room with my son not very fun but man You need to find a warm place to stay so if u cant find a place u can come here
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/06/2013 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
How can they vaccinate when they dont know (or say they dont know) what they are vaccinating against something is definitely up here.And I have never seen hazmat units for even the swine flu that killed all those people in the 90s somethings up
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/06/2013 12:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've written several long posts on dealing with seasonal flu which can be found in my signature on a seperate topic on prepping. Rather than post this over and over, you can read up on it if you're interested in taking care of yourself or treating loved ones.

If we end up having a severe epidemic (too early tell yet) or even a pandemic, then YOU may be the only healer you have. Why not learn how to best take care of yourself using simple techniques that your ancestors would have used a few generations ago?

Or, you can suffer, spend a lot of money, and maybe become very ill or worse.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/06/2013 12:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
i was diagnosed with COPD.

4 people i know last year got really bad chest infections.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31146598

right now with this going around, and during any flu season for now on, you should try and stay indoors with a room air sanitizer, dont venture out because the chances of you catching a life threatening illness is very likely.If you must get a mask and wear it when going out. Good luck
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/06/2013 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've written several long posts on dealing with seasonal flu which can be found in my signature on a seperate topic on prepping. Rather than post this over and over, you can read up on it if you're interested in taking care of yourself or treating loved ones.

If we end up having a severe epidemic (too early tell yet) or even a pandemic, then YOU may be the only healer you have. Why not learn how to best take care of yourself using simple techniques that your ancestors would have used a few generations ago?

from what I read in history,those old remedies did very little to save lives thus the short live span ah no thankyou Ill trust my doc for now
Anonymous Coward TURBO GOLD

User ID: 31560122
United States
01/06/2013 01:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Savannah GA here. I have the cough too. It's been almost two weeks. 3 friends have it too. My CAT has it! It is unlike any cold or flu I've experienced. So say my afflicted friends as well.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/06/2013 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

from what I read in history,those old remedies did very little to save lives thus the short live span ah no thankyou Ill trust my doc for now
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17687147

You should trust your doc. That's wisdom. You should also learn how the circulatory, respiratory, immune system, etc work so YOU know how things operate. Since in a pandemic you might be the only healer, then having some knowledge on historical ways of boosting your immune system and doing self-treatment would be a good thing.

It's both/and not either/or.

If you learn a little about repairing a car and fix some things yourself, and maintain it, then your car repairs go down, right?

Or are you the kind of person who goes, "I'll leave it to the experts?"

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/06/2013 01:32 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29862513
United States
01/06/2013 01:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fall 2009..........this outbreak in Western Ukraine was pretty much blacked out by the media.

[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550123
United States
01/06/2013 01:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have this cough thing worse I ever had , have always been healthy , just wondering how big this is damned

It just happened boom is our air bad hiding
 Quoting: Goofy for God

Here in the UK its really bad too, my daughter was rushed into hospital on new years day, she was told she was lucky to be alive as her oxygen levels were about as low as they could be. She has had a cough for nearly a month and it had turned to pneumonia. I have it but not as bad and everyone I speak to has a chesty cough to some degree. I still have it despite large doses of Vit D3.
 Quoting: dzijane

Be careful taking too large a dose of vitamin d. It will deplete your magnesium stores. Taking vitamin c will help you get better. But you don't have to over do that either. Might trying taking 2000 mg divided into two doses. And just keep resting. That will help you the most.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550123
United States
01/06/2013 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Homeopathic doctors have always used the onion, garlic and onion extracts to help patients with cold or flu symptoms.

However, since the process of obtaining fresh onions or garlic and chopping them has become so difficult, time consuming, and expensive, it is generally not appropriate anymore for the average person.

It is estimated to cost at least 30 to 50 cents to obtain the onion. In addition, the average consumer must spend the 60 to 120 seconds chopping the onion up. This presents an almost insurmountable barrier to receiving the type of relief only our forefathers could know.

In this day and age, such ancient luxuries are not feasible, and therefore not appropriate. It is a much better use of time if the average person will log in to a message board and complain how they "just can't turn the corner" of their cold or flu, and also complain if the local doctors are too busy to see them.

If you have gone at least two months with this type of illness, you are "golden" here. If you state you just "don't know what to do" we will be sure to re-pin this thread. Please share your experience(s)!

HOLIDAY CHEERS,

The management

P.S. If you can find a connection to your illness and aerosol spraying, that is automatic re-pin for 2 full days. as a bonus.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30728507

Now that is funny and oh so true!!LOL
ChickenLittleMessiah

User ID: 1267719
United States
01/06/2013 02:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
had it for two weeks really bad before christmas , at the end of it ,it was in my vocal cords.Im still feel it deep in my lungs a little today. Over a month.

Seems a little like swine flu. It also seems like a bronchitis.

Some people have been throwing up , and having exsplosive shits with it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31631577
Brazil
01/06/2013 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
"The Scarlet Plague", by Jack London, written in 1912, over 100 years ago...

Read that book...

And look at the date when the "plague" starts...

damned
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24209131
United States
01/06/2013 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
had it for two weeks really bad before christmas , at the end of it ,it was in my vocal cords.Im still feel it deep in my lungs a little today. Over a month.

Seems a little like swine flu. It also seems like a bronchitis.

Some people have been throwing up , and having exsplosive shits with it.
 Quoting: ChickenLittleMessiah

everyones symptoms sound just like whooping cough...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31631577
Brazil
01/06/2013 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
"The Scarlet Plague", by Jack London, written in 1912, over 100 years ago...

Read that book...

And look at the date when the "plague" starts...

damned
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31631577

Let me make it easier for you...

Here is a link for the full book: [link to www.gutenberg.org]

Scrow down until the parts of interest:

The old man manifested an accustomed chagrin as he brought the coin back again close to his own eyes.

"2012," he shrilled, and then fell to cackling grotesquely. "That was the year Morgan the Fifth was appointed President of the United States by the Board of Magnates. It must have been one of the last coins minted, for the Scarlet Death came in 2013. Lord! Lord!—think of it! Sixty years ago, and I am the only person alive to-day that lived in those times. Where did you find it, Edwin?"

THE old man wiped the tears away on his grimy knuckles and took up the tale in a tremulous, piping voice that soon strengthened as he got the swing of the narrative.

"It was in the summer of 2013 that the Plague came. I was twenty-seven years old, and well do I remember it. Wireless despatches—"

Hare-Lip spat loudly his disgust, and Granser hastened to make amends.

"We talked through the air in those days, thousands and thousands of miles. And the word came of a strange disease that had broken out in New York. There were seventeen millions of people living then in that noblest city of America. Nobody thought anything about the news. It was only a small thing. There had been only a few deaths. It seemed, though, that they had died very quickly, and that one of the first signs of the disease was the turning red of the face and all the body. Within twenty-four hours came the report of the first case in Chicago.

siren2

damned abomb hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6568391
Bulgaria
01/06/2013 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Flu=Virus

Virus doesn't get killed with antibiotic. Your body have to fight it off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6568391
Bulgaria
01/06/2013 02:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Flu=Virus

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6568391

Try Colloidal Silver. 10-20 drops in 1.5 litter of wather.

Honey+lemons.

So.... The chemtrials did the job, huh?!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15240159
United States
01/06/2013 05:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yes; central Canada here. Been feeling tickle throat/cough, especially when trying to talk on phone at work. Would always get an extended tickle cough while on phone. Can't even communicate with other person. That was about 3 to 4 months ago/Sept. if I am right. Then Saturday before Xmas, 10pm; BOOM! Nasal, sinuses, ears, throat and chest, all went down for the count. Just that quick! Been sick with yellow/green phlegm, sinuses, ever since. Ears blocked/stiff/sore neck; tired very quickly, but I kept working through it. Had inventory tween Xmas/New Year's, and there was times I felt like I was stoned, literally. Hard to concentrate/dizzy feeling, like you would fall over, or loose balance; also like shaking or body quivering, like a blood sugar thing; and cough/coughing up phlegm, it was unreal. Today, slightly better, but not out of the woods yet! Very hard to stay awake. Just woke from a one hour sleep front of the puter! Been doing the Apple Cider Vinegar, Hot water, Honey/ and at times White Rum! Also, the Vitamin D3, Redoxin Vit C/1000mg; It is just unreal how this bug knocks the hell out of you! I know it came from CHEMTRAILS over our house late Sept/12. Started with nostrils burning! Spouse noticed it too; and she has a cold, and just starting to come down heavy like I have been. Big Pharma needs to SELL stuff, again!!! Bastards! Thank God I never had the upchucks/diahrea/stomach thing as well. This is no fun folks! Stay healthy as long as you can! This is a dirty bug! I also think some is Biological, no other way to explain this! Everyone has had it/or now has it, especially thru the Holidays! Hope you can avoid this dirty bug!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21738006

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31574170
United Kingdom
01/06/2013 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Flu=Virus

Try Colloidal Silver. 10-20 drops in 1.5 litter of wather.

Honey+lemons.

So.... The chemtrials did the job, huh?!

Silver only kills bacteria not viruses.
And it only works topically not systemically (i.e. on open skin not inside your body).

Have plenty of fluids, plenty of rest and stay away from others as much as you can.
It won't be pleasant but it'll only last a couple of weeks at the most.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15240159
United States
01/06/2013 05:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
How to make an onion plaster for chest congestion

[link to www.ehow.com]

How to make a mustard plaster

[link to tipnut.com]

Be careful with the mustard plaster as it can severely burn the skin if careless.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18028121
Australia
01/06/2013 05:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sounds like you are getting hit with the bug we had here last flu season.

Starts with a bad cold for a week or so - wicked sore throat, horrid headache, bit snotty. Generally the worst head cold you ever had.

You start feeling better for a week to ten days after the head cold, think it is all over with, then Wham!, you get hit twice as hard, this time with the aches and chills as well. Then it starts with the coughing...

People who didnt get enough rest with the first head cold part, got the second flu like part much worse than those who took it easy with the head cold. People who didnt rest usually ended up in hospital with pneumonia or even whooping cough.

There was generally no avoiding the second part of this virus if you got the first part. Most people ended up needing antibiotics because the chest infections turned very nasty very quick due to their immune systems being compromised from the first attack.

I had it and so did nearly everyone I know. Nasty stuff.

Get well Northern Hemisphere!hf
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2282264

Yep sounds like it. My mate and her hubby both ended up on antibiotics for the second stage after they got pneumonia. Odd part was they both needed two courses of the drugs to clear their worst symptoms and it took weeks to recover completely. My son was ill for about 2 months, he also had to resort to antibiotics but thankfully didn't get pneumonia.

GLP