Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,174 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 707,445
Pageviews Today: 1,243,077Threads Today: 530Posts Today: 8,959
02:43 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!

AdRock

User ID: 1698999
United States
01/08/2013 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!
had it 4 weeks and just as i thought i was starting to get better iv started losing my voice again,and coughing like im going to choke,flemmy fedup,my kid went back t school starting to feel better and now got it back.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31757393

yeah Im like 4-5 weeks into one. Started in my nose worked its way down to my chest. Finally after 3 weeks started coughing most of it up but then it went back to my nose andnow back into my chest. I live in the deep south and almost everyone i have contact with daily has somehting similar or the flu.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26524566
United States
01/08/2013 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!
had it 4 weeks and just as i thought i was starting to get better iv started losing my voice again,and coughing like im going to choke,flemmy fedup,my kid went back t school starting to feel better and now got it back.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31757393

yeah Im like 4-5 weeks into one. Started in my nose worked its way down to my chest. Finally after 3 weeks started coughing most of it up but then it went back to my nose andnow back into my chest. I live in the deep south and almost everyone i have contact with daily has somehting similar or the flu.
 Quoting: AdRock

It's the vitamin d defiency that is very common during winters. That's why we get sick. Take 10,000 IU of vit d3 a day for a month then maintain your vit d level at 5,000 IU a day so you don't get sick as often or not get really sick.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31751648
United States
01/08/2013 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Naturade Herbal Expectorant (EXPEC)...

clears the lungs quick!
NADA
User ID: 5425522
United States
01/08/2013 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hey, maybe they are trying to down size the population...It's like the whole USA is sick, sick, sick!
Almost everyone I know has the flu, and I mean bad...I have had this for two weeks and I never get sick...something fishy is going on and it's not fish oil!wtf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31233732
United States
01/08/2013 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah Been really sick. They put me on fuckin antibiotics which have done jack shit, I feel like I'm gunna fuckin keel over.
My wife works in the medical field, she told me they are having to wear masks when they take care of people.
Carol B.

User ID: 30598717
United States
01/08/2013 12:14 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hey, maybe they are trying to down size the population...It's like the whole USA is sick, sick, sick!
Almost everyone I know has the flu, and I mean bad...I have had this for two weeks and I never get sick...something fishy is going on and it's not fish oil!wtf
 Quoting: NADA 5425522

Yep...it's called "culling".end
Prayer.....the world's first wireless connection.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28604765
United States
01/08/2013 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
My doctor told me that it is a variation of the Swine Flu and basically that it sucks ass.

My husband got it four days ago, I got it two days ago, my son is coming down with it today, and everyone that I know has it, had it, or is coming down with it.

I am thinking that someone put barbed wire in my lungs, and I am none to pleased about it.

Good luck OP!!!

Also, there is a thread by Natasha77 that has some pretty neat homeopathic recipes...then some flat out loony ones too.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31757393
United Kingdom
01/08/2013 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
im geting some lipo-spheric vitamin c iv just read it gets rid of it,and cures swine flue and all.im buying it off ebay.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1389434
United States
01/08/2013 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
My doctor told me that it is a variation of the Swine Flu and basically that it sucks ass.

My husband got it four days ago, I got it two days ago, my son is coming down with it today, and everyone that I know has it, had it, or is coming down with it.

I am thinking that someone put barbed wire in my lungs, and I am none to pleased about it.

Good luck OP!!!

Also, there is a thread by Natasha77 that has some pretty neat homeopathic recipes...then some flat out loony ones too.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28604765

Try applying generous amount of 70 percent DMSO (Jacobs or Nature's Gift brand) applied with OTC camphor/menthol to chest and throat. After applying don't wear or cover the area with anything but natural cotton fiber.

Gave the above to kid who woke at 4 AM complaining of persistent cough, sore throat and general crappiness. Also gave her turmeric, garlic and Vit D3 and ibuprofen.

She was fine enough in the morning to go to school and has been fine since.

Didn't have any barbed wire....
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 1110734
United States
01/08/2013 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have this cough thing worse I ever had , have always been healthy , just wondering how big this is damned

It just happened boom is our air bad hiding
 Quoting: Goofy for God

My daughter lives on a barrier island in New Jersey where Super Storm Sandy hit. There was much destruction, but her home was basically okay. It needed some minor repairs.

When she and people go to visit their homes on the island, they come away with a cough. Perhaps mold or destroyed building materials are in the air. A few of these towns have given the people, with homes standing, the okay to move back in this week because the gas lines have been repaired, water is running, and electricity is available now.
 Quoting: nutmeg

Nutmeg, Aspergilliosis which is a fungus is a common problem around decaying wood, or around construction and demolition sites. Construction workers get it all the time. Usually people get it when their immune system are depressed. The spores are very common, but ordinarily people's immune systems are strong enough to control the spores and their growth inside a human body.

When a fungal infection affects the lungs, it causes an immune reaction. They leaves a telltale signature which can be cheaply detected by testing for IgE and IgG, an immunoglobin.
[link to emedicine.medscape.com]
Looking at peer reviewed medical website like emedicine, you'll find other docs talking to docs about their patients symptoms and trying to discern what's really going on.

This disease should be ruled out or in by careful analysis of the patients in the Sandy area, because it's plausible that is could issues. Sometimes medical personnel get lazy. You'll hear docs say, "Is it a horse or is it a zebra?" That means, is it common or rare? They look at the most common plausible causes first, and if not careful, they'll overlook aspergilliosis because they're hurrying.

Good luck.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/08/2013 12:42 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28604765
United States
01/08/2013 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good luck OP!!!

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28604765

Try applying generous amount of 70 percent DMSO (Jacobs or Nature's Gift brand) applied with OTC camphor/menthol to chest and throat. After applying don't wear or cover the area with anything but natural cotton fiber.

Gave the above to kid who woke at 4 AM complaining of persistent cough, sore throat and general crappiness. Also gave her turmeric, garlic and Vit D3 and ibuprofen.

She was fine enough in the morning to go to school and has been fine since.

Didn't have any barbed wire....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1389434

Awesome...thanks for the info!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31753087
United States
01/08/2013 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: NADA 5425522

If they're trying to kill us, it's not working. Just being sick doesn't count.
nutmeg

User ID: 4625639
United States
01/08/2013 12:55 PM

Report Abusive Post
I have this cough thing worse I ever had , have always been healthy , just wondering how big this is damned

It just happened boom is our air bad hiding
 Quoting: Goofy for God

My daughter lives on a barrier island in New Jersey where Super Storm Sandy hit. There was much destruction, but her home was basically okay. It needed some minor repairs.

When she and people go to visit their homes on the island, they come away with a cough. Perhaps mold or destroyed building materials are in the air. A few of these towns have given the people, with homes standing, the okay to move back in this week because the gas lines have been repaired, water is running, and electricity is available now.

Nutmeg, Aspirgilliosis which is a fungus is a common problem around decaying wood, or around construction and demolition sites. Construction workers get it all the time. Usually people get it when their immune system is depressed. The spores are very common, but ordinarily people's immune system is strong enough to control the spores and their growth inside a human body.

When a fungal infection affects the lungs, it causes an immune reaction. They leaves a telltale signature which can be cheaply detected by testing for IgE and IgG, an immunoglobin.
[link to emedicine.medscape.com]
Looking at peer reviewed medical website like emedicine, you'll find other docs talking to docs about their patients symptoms and trying to discern what's really going on.

This disease should be ruled out in the Sandy area, because it's plausible that is could issues.

Good luck.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Thank you so much! I will definitely pass this information on to her and she will pass it to her friends! Her husband's a builder, so he and his workers will be around this stuff in the near future...as soon as building is permitted.

I also have a teenage grandson, too, that I worry about. I think they're moving back into their home this week or next. It had some flooding in the crawl space, and repairs have been done since.

The flood waters didn't reach their first floor, thank goodness, but now I'm wondering about whatever was in the garage and crawl space and if it will affect their health. They stayed through the storm and moved out when the authorities announced that the gas lines on the island were in danger. So, when the flood waters came into the garage and crawl space, they were living in the house for the following four days. They shoveled the muck out of the garage after the waters receded, "winterized" the house, then left.

Thanks again!

Last Edited by nutmeg on 01/08/2013 03:34 PM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/08/2013 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Slept with a heating pad on my head. This shit hurts.
 Quoting: pool

There are two ways to treat pain.
1) An analgesic removes pain by muting the nerves sensing pain.
2) An anti-inflammatory which removes the inflammation that's causing an irritation of the nerves.

Big difference.

A lot of people try to numb the pain, instead of removing the inflammation. We think that much of disease is caused by inflammation.

A very good over the counter drug that is generic is Naproxen. This used to be given all the time for back pain. It's trade name is Alleve, but there's no reason to spend the extra money.

When you take an oral drug, your liver sees the foreign substance, and goes, "Wait a minute, there's chemicals swimming around in the blood. Better filter it to be safe." Slowly the liver absorbs the drugs which cross the stomach and into the arteries and most of the drug is absorbed into the filtering effects of the liver.

As you take more, then more overloads the liver and some gets by the liver and can treat the problem. This is called medically the "first-pass effect". An itravenous drug bypasses the liver and so that's why in the hospital they can give you an IV drug and you get relief faster.

With Naproxen, you can first (and only first) take a loading dose. You take an extra Naproxen, then more overloads the liver, then your take a maintenance dose (a regular dose), which keeps enough of the drug in your system to remove the inflammation.

These are the instructions that an arthritis patient would probably get.

Some drugs get "metabolized" by certain organs: chiefly the kidneys or the liver. If you take Naproxen too much, as some arthritis sufferers do, then it can damage the normal liver function. Go easy, but that shouldn't be a problem if you follow the directions.

When feeling achey all over from a flu-like situation, Naproxen can play a role. Your immune system is trying to fight and releasing special chemicals like interleukin, tissue necrosis factor, cytokines that fight as weapons. It causes pain.

If you have a virus, there's little the docs can do to help fight the virus or stop the replication (making copies) of the virus. If bacterial (see previous postings) then antibiotics can be prescribed to help stop replication.

Either way, you're going to have inflammation. Try treating that first.

To best improve your chances of fighting all disease, special phytochemicals in foods called antioxidants are excellent at fighting inflammation. One of the most powerful is acai. When I am sick, I take some fresh juice of that berry as it has a very high rating on the ORAC scale. It's a measure of the amount of antioxidants in a food.

Regularly eating rich foods with lots of antioxidants greatly lowers inflammation. That's not even debated anymore.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/08/2013 12:59 PM
Jack Stowage
User ID: 29143862
United States
01/08/2013 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Mississippi here. Been sick with serious lung problems for at least three months now. Lots of fluids coughed up in the morning, moderate coughing during the day, and again real bad when I feed and put up the chickens at dark. Trying to treat it myself. Don't know what it is.
WWWHHHHAAAATTTT

User ID: 31762521
United States
01/08/2013 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am just getting over a chest cold that lasted four weeks.

One of my co workers was just diagnosed with the flu yesterday.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/08/2013 01:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you so much! I will definitely pass this information on to her and she will pass it to her friends! Her husband's a builder, so he and his workers will be around this stuff in the near future...as soon as building is permitted.

I also have a teenage grandson, too, that I worry about. I think they're moving back into their home this week or next. It had some flooding in the crawl space, and repairs have been done since.

The flood waters didn't reach their first floor, thank goodness, but now I'm wondering about whatever was in the garage and crawl space and if it will affect their health. They stayed through the storm and moved out when the authorities announced that the gas lines on the island were in danger. So, when the flood waters came into the garage and crawl space, they were living in the house for the following four days. They shoveled the muck out of the garage after the waters receded, "winterized" the house, then left.

Just recently my teenage grandson has come down with something that seems histamine related...he will be seeing a physician this week.

Thanks again!

The cheapest way to deal with mold is organic apple cider vinegar. It has a "mother" in it, a special culture that is producing helpful components [link to www.globalhealingcenter.com]
Most vinegar has the "mother" removed as people think, "What's this gunk floating in my vinegar". That gunk is what makes it healthy!

All molds hate apple cider vinegar. The vinegar makes the molds ability to replicate(make more of) and grow (get bigger) very difficult. Take some of the organic apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle of clean water (preferrably not fluridated), and spray that around the home. This will greatly cut down on molds and do it cheaply. 80% of molds are affected by doing that.

Most people try working on the symptoms. If you have mold, you have to treat the root cause.

If you have an air conditioning window unit, chances are that mold is inside of it. Don't leave them up all year round. Clean them.

Most bathrooms get very wet after a shower or bath, and so mold is more likely to grow in that room, then it spreads mold as the source of the infection. Use some of the organic apple cider on your bathroom tiles, walls, shower curtain.

This is super cheap and works. It's also healthier than spraying around bleach, which people over do, and bleach is very toxic.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/08/2013 01:11 PM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/08/2013 01:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
A flu at most is supposed to last 2-4 weeks. Most people suffer for 3-5 days. If you're suffering for very long periods of time, you are immune depressed. You need to take better care of yourselves. It's abnormal. You're not abnormal, your ability to fight infection has been lowered and that state is abnormal.

You need good healthy sleep (no pills). You need clean pure water, not dosed with who knows what. You need to put regular amounts of fresh veggies and fruits in your body that naturally have disease fighting components like antioxidants in them. You need to get fresh air, as most people in the Winter breathe bad stale air inside. Fill you lungs by walking around the block, plus sunshine. Vitamin D is made by sunshine but it limited in the Winter since it's cold outside and you're hurrying. You need to supplement it, if only in Winter, but year round is better. We know, it's not debateable, that most people have way too low levels of Vitamin D. Many diseases could probably be of lower amount if we only took care of that.

A lot of people are stressed out, and this always leads to an abnormal strength of their immune response. You are hurting yourself, and it's expensive since you're counting upon a pill to fix you, when it's routine behavior to harm yourself.

I don't know about you, but it's very expensive to abuse my body. Health insurance is expensive. Buying more and more clothes because I don't fit in them is expensive and wasteful.

Try doing some common sense things to strengthen the body by lifting weights, fill the lungs with air by aerobic exercise, eat and sleep better. Most people are terribly dehydrated in Winter. This leads to cracked tissues in the respiratory tract, cracked skin allowing infections, discomfort, it's unnecessary.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/08/2013 01:28 PM
jack squat
User ID: 31758078
United States
01/08/2013 01:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
i caught that crap last mo, and it was by far the absolute worst cold/cough , i have EVER had in my 55 yrs on this rock. something is NOT right , but then again remember we had the warmest weather in recorded history last year , and i am willing to bet those lil pesky bacterias and viruses were having a feild day.
nutmeg

User ID: 4625639
United States
01/08/2013 01:34 PM

Report Abusive Post

Just recently my teenage grandson has come down with something that seems histamine related...he will be seeing a physician this week.

Thanks again!

The cheapest way to deal with mold is organic apple cider vinegar. It has a "mother" in it, a special culture that is producing helpful components [link to www.globalhealingcenter.com]
Most vinegar has the "mother" removed as people think, "What's this gunk floating in my vinegar". That gunk is what makes it healthy!

All molds hate apple cider vinegar. The vinegar makes the molds ability to replicate(make more of) and grow (get bigger) very difficult. Take some of the organic apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle of clean water (preferrably not fluridated), and spray that around the home. This will greatly cut down on molds and do it cheaply. 80% of molds are affected by doing that.

Most people try working on the symptoms. If you have mold, you have to treat the root cause.

If you have an air conditioning window unit, chances are that mold is inside of it. Don't leave them up all year round. Clean them.

Most bathrooms get very wet after a shower or bath, and so mold is more likely to grow in that room, then it spreads mold as the source of the infection. Use some of the organic apple cider on your bathroom tiles, walls, shower curtain.

This is super cheap and works. It's also healthier than spraying around bleach, which people over do, and bleach is very toxic.

Thanks so much for this information!
GodFrequency

User ID: 31758224
United States
01/08/2013 01:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
A friend of mine had a nasty nagging cough for about 4 weeks. He started taking v8 mixed with dmso and drinking it.

Cough gone.

he's braver than I am though, not sure I would drink dmso.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 807199
Canada
01/08/2013 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Suppression of inflammation with anti inflamatorys, steroids and vitamin d is suppression of the TH1 immune system which is why you all are getting sicker and sicker and sicker...

Your Th1 immune systems are all shut down and guess what happens now.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1389434
United States
01/08/2013 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Slept with a heating pad on my head. This shit hurts.
 Quoting: pool

There are two ways to treat pain.
1) An analgesic removes pain by muting the nerves sensing pain.
2) An anti-inflammatory which removes the inflammation that's causing an irritation of the nerves.

Big difference.

A lot of people try to numb the pain, instead of removing the inflammation. We think that much of disease is caused by inflammation.

A very good over the counter drug that is generic is Naproxen. This used to be given all the time for back pain. It's trade name is Alleve, but there's no reason to spend the extra money.

When you take an oral drug, your liver sees the foreign substance, and goes, "Wait a minute, there's chemicals swimming around in the blood. Better filter it to be safe." Slowly the liver absorbs the drugs which cross the stomach and into the arteries and most of the drug is absorbed into the filtering effects of the liver.

As you take more, then more overloads the liver and some gets by the liver and can treat the problem. This is called medically the "first-pass effect". An itravenous drug bypasses the liver and so that's why in the hospital they can give you an IV drug and you get relief faster.

With Naproxen, you can first (and only first) take a loading dose. You take an extra Naproxen, then more overloads the liver, then your take a maintenance dose (a regular dose), which keeps enough of the drug in your system to remove the inflammation.

These are the instructions that an arthritis patient would probably get.

Some drugs get "metabolized" by certain organs: chiefly the kidneys or the liver. If you take Naproxen too much, as some arthritis sufferers do, then it can damage the normal liver function. Go easy, but that shouldn't be a problem if you follow the directions.

When feeling achey all over from a flu-like situation, Naproxen can play a role. Your immune system is trying to fight and releasing special chemicals like interleukin, tissue necrosis factor, cytokines that fight as weapons. It causes pain.

If you have a virus, there's little the docs can do to help fight the virus or stop the replication (making copies) of the virus. If bacterial (see previous postings) then antibiotics can be prescribed to help stop replication.

Either way, you're going to have inflammation. Try treating that first.

To best improve your chances of fighting all disease, special phytochemicals in foods called antioxidants are excellent at fighting inflammation. One of the most powerful is acai. When I am sick, I take some fresh juice of that berry as it has a very high rating on the ORAC scale. It's a measure of the amount of antioxidants in a food.

Regularly eating rich foods with lots of antioxidants greatly lowers inflammation. That's not even debated anymore.

Ahh, yes. Inflammation. Been there, done that. Including cytokine storm.

For cold/flu use following: Oral - turmeric, ashwagandra, Vit D3, 3% dilute h202, ginger, garlic, ACV and cayenne. Take cayenne only after eating and with lots of water/liquid. If stomach issues are involved, add activated charcoal. If sinus/chest is involved, add 2 - 3 drops of tea tree oil and 2 - 3 drops oregano oil to a metal bowl to which you pour in approx 1 quart/litre of boiling water. Cover the bowl and your head with a towel to capture the steam being sure to keep your eyes closed, and breathe deeply as much as you can. For earache, add 2 - 3 drops of castor oil to same amount of 3% h202 to ear facing upward. Keep ear tilted upward for approx. 5 minutes. Repeat on other ear. For sore throat: gargle with a mix of menthol/camphor mouthwash (no fluoride) 1 drop tea tree oil, 2 drops oil of oregano, 1 tsp ACV, seasalt, lemon juice, and stevia or agave nectar optionally to taste to which you can also add approx 1/4 tsp food grade DE. Gargle for as long as you can, but DO NOT SWALLOW, especially If you have added tea tree oil. For all: drink lots of green tea with lemon/ginger to which approx. 2 drops of oregano oil can be added. Sweeten with Manuka honey.

For chest/sore throat, use DMSO as described in post just upthread.

For muscle, tendon, soft tissue or injury/inflammation use following 2 - 3x per day: Oral - 2 or 3 caps turmeric, 1 cap boswellia, 1 cap ginger. Topical - apply generous amount of a 50/50 mix of 70% DMSO and organic castor oil to affected area. Allow approx. 5 - 10 minutes to absorb in. Do not cover or allow anything to touch the area with anything but natural fibers after applying.

The DMSO/castor oil mix also works well on carpal tunnel also, but can take up to 2 - 4 weeks to be fully effective depending on amount of rest you give the arm/wrist. Great way to avoid surgery. It's also good for angina when applied over the chest area.

For general health, take 1 - 2 caps of turmeric and ashwagandra every day.

Be good, Be well. Be well, Be good.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2096273
United Kingdom
01/08/2013 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Been in bed for a month with a sinus and ear infection. On day 5 of my third round of antibiotics and still have a fever. Vertigo is awful. I just can't seem to shake this, no matter what I try. Got so worn out driving two miles picking the kids up from school I slept for three hours. So yeah....I'm sick. Lol
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18677079

UK here. You are the first person to mention vertigo. I have had the worst virus I have ever experienced and am still suffering. Started with a sore throat, then hacking cough, sneezing fits and shooting pains in the head. Next level was pain in sinus, teeth, ears and feeling sick, and now I have just got over severe dehydration, and room spinning around me violently. Never felt this ill. It just seemed to keep morphing. Started New Year's Eve. Now I feel totally without energy and still feel sick.
right?

User ID: 1388723
United States
01/08/2013 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hello everyone -
read the title and felt I had to share. So I joined :).

We are in nwIndiana region and are recovering from a really bad upper respiratory. I even canceled a chiro appt (Dec 17th) because of it! Daughter came home from work sick and my husband muddled thru. Began feeling better a couple days after Christmas.

The last cold/flu for me was 06? I believe.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18432713
United States
01/08/2013 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Michigan here:
This thing burned through my town like crazy.

My friends were told by the doc that it is a form of superflu that mimics a sinus and upper respiratory infection. They have been on antibiotics and have been fighting this crap for weeks.

At my house, we do not do doctors for colds, only stuff that requires xrays, etc. so we treated with bedrest, TONS of water, sweating, and habanero chili. For whatever reason, super-spicy foods wipe this stuff out. We were better in 2-5 days.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/08/2013 02:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Vertigo

Any infection of the inner ear can cause:hearing loss, vertigo, false sense of motion, loss of equilibrium, nystagmus, motion sickness,gaze-evoked tinnitus.
That's because all of that is controlled by Cranial nerve #8, the Vestibulocochlear.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Warning, an ear infection could make you spin around. You could lose your balance because of two things. You can't determine your location in space AND linear acceleration. The later is the sensation that detects movement, like in a car as it accelerates. The former is how you are turned relative to the visual stimuli that orients your position. Say you are hanging off of a bed upside down with your head off of the matress. Because of cranial nerve 8, you can orient yourself even under those complex circumstanes.

Now you get an ear infection. If you're driving under those circumstances, great confusion could occur. Terrible accidents. If older and walking around the house, you could fall easily and break your hip.

Be very careful if you have an ear infection and then take a shower. A lot of falls occur on the wet surface under these conditions. You'd be surprised. There's a very high incidence rate of brain damage from a fall like that. Get help when sick, and especially help elderly parents. One little change will upset the delicate balance that allows them the freedom to stay home.

You have to take an ear infection SERIOUSLY. Most people think of small children with ear infections, so they blow it off. NO.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/08/2013 02:08 PM
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 16845676
United States
01/08/2013 02:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for pin hfsorry so many sick, I received much good advise on here and did some of it , like vit D, will lift this thread up and our air we breatheabduct
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 16845676
United States
01/08/2013 02:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've been coughing up phlegm pretty much every morning since June. I thought it was a reaction to inhaling some water in the Dead Sea (you really shouldn't do that, it burns), but it still hasn't gone away.
 Quoting: The Guy

I took 2 Azithromycin 500 mg stopped coughing and some prednisone see if you can get somehf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26435574
United States
01/08/2013 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Several family have had some flu-like illness off and on for nearly three months! Since Christmas, seems like the whole community is sick.

I'd managed to avoid it (swab ears with hydrogen peroxide, take D and eat LOTS of turmeric and cayenne) until last weekend. Total sudden onset too! Felt really weird for the better part of a day... drugged sort of weird... then full on flu symptoms.

Took 2K vitamin C, ate as much fresh garlic as I could stand, felt like I spent a whole day in the bathroom, then another in bed. Woke today doing Much better.

Gotta love garlic (if you can stand it lol)... genuine "miracle cure" for some things.
 Quoting: lasombra

Boom, someone knows whats up :)

GLP