Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,824 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 825,491
Pageviews Today: 1,530,571Threads Today: 733Posts Today: 12,881
05:08 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!

Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 31957106
United States
01/11/2013 06:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!
this thread needs music...

Quoting: pool

Pool, you're an exceptional person. The things you say. This clear display of culture. You're clever. You know about some unusual things; things many have never heard of. I can't help but like that. I hope you're all healed up by now.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 16845676
United States
01/11/2013 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!
Thanks for pinhf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31647010
United Kingdom
01/11/2013 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
fucking annoying little cough. can't get rid of it. seems to be emanating from the windpipe just next to the top of the clavicle
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/11/2013 06:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
fucking annoying little cough. can't get rid of it. seems to be emanating from the windpipe just next to the top of the clavicle
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31647010

Is it a dry hacking cough, or one producing phlegm? That's the tracheal cartiliage area (below the larynx) that consists of rings of cartilage to protect the esophagus. How's your voice doing?
[link to image.wistatutor.com]

Do you have patches on your throat like this?
[link to upload.wikimedia.org]

The tonsils, are they inflamed and covered with patches that are milky or yellowish?

If so consider Strep throat might be the cause.Warm saline can help remove them but don't swallow it. Spit it out.

Does is seem like there are swollen circular moveable places in them on the sides of the neck?

If so, you might need antibiotics. You're in England, maybe the chemist (pharmacist) could prescribe something.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/11/2013 06:57 PM
Billxam

User ID: 19542178
United States
01/11/2013 07:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
Kind of late in the conversation but I had this starting on July 13.

In my case it was a lung virus that is passed from person to person very easily. I got another 6 people sick before we figured that part out.

I spent nearly 10 weeks on disability, lungs had poor oxy absorption, it got into my heart and is still affecting me now in January.

It's nothing to mess around with. I would have passed on if I had not gotten to my doctor quick.
Proud to be UnV'd

There is one constant in life: If you build something worth having, someone will try to take it or destroy it.

Proud member of A Brotherhood Against Totalitarian Enactments, Americans Who Hate Aging, proud supporter of attractive women.
odinson222

User ID: 19727744
United States
01/11/2013 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cdc says in 2 months we could be in a pandemic.
odinson222

A Man Has Got to Know His Limitations

I am just a sinner trying to make it to heaven!

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27531391
United States
01/11/2013 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
So far 9-10 days sick.
So now it's the 9th. Started getting sick on the 30/31st. Experiencing headache for last 3 days, coughing up brown/yellow crap, hard to breathe at times (like my chest has trouble expanding), still blowing my nose frequently, very fatigued. I've been using a cough expectorant (rare occasion, felt so sick I ditched my normal 'let it ride through' attitude)...
Never had a problem eating- most people lose weight when they're sick- I find it as an excuse to eat creamy risotto and cheesy potato soup. Gotta keep up the strength! wine
Ready to be done with this tho.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3737813

NO!!!!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN YOU ARE SICK LIKE THIS, THE LAST THING YOU SHOULD BE

EATING IS MORE MUCUS-CAUSING FOODS!!!!!

YOU ARE EXACERBATING THE CONDITION AND PROLONGING IT.

STOP! GO RAW UNTIL YOU'RE CLEARED UP OR BETTER YET FAST FOR A FEW DAYS ON VEGETABLE JUICES AND WATER.
IwasKidding

User ID: 27554728
United States
01/11/2013 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
yes still coughing my head off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2230505
United States
01/11/2013 07:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've had a close friend of mine lose her 19 year old daughter to the flu last week.

What is going on?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31993631
United States
01/11/2013 07:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
yes same.

it was planned by the government to keep everyone more calm an docile. so people would be more easily controllae, becuase most are feeling sick and lazy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29862513
United States
01/11/2013 07:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I've been coughing like crazy, deep cough with congestion in my chest and sinuses. The weird thing is I don't think it's viral because I don't have a fever or typical cold or flu symptoms. Today I thought (after a couple weeks of this) that I didn't feel too bad but after walking at the store felt short of breath. I've tried all kinds of natural treatments and a coule inhalers and nothing really works very well. The only thing left is the hospital and oxygen if it doesn't get better. It seemed to start up when we had some rain.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31888093

Might be aluminum dust from the plane spray.

Try Spirulina and Chlorella. They will bind to particles and help the body get rid of it.

If you have a long term dry cough with no fever.........inhaled particulates from the air might be causing it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10262276
United States
01/11/2013 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for pinhf
 Quoting: Goofy for God

flower
Cassie :-)

User ID: 10262276
United States
01/11/2013 07:24 PM

Report Abusive Post
Thanks for pinhf
 Quoting: Goofy for God

flower
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10262276

grouphug
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

"...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." I John 1:7

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

And this is the record, that God hath given
DMTHC

User ID: 31855099
Australia
01/11/2013 07:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Been coughing up black (dark brown/green) matter and a clear gluey jelly like substance in my muscus sporadically for a good 6 years or so- Long before drug use started or any form of abuse started. I have been on many things to try and fix this- Some subdue, nothing removes. Tested for all allergies and nothings came up 1dunno1

Last Edited by DMTHC on 01/11/2013 07:36 PM
Let me let you in on a little secrete of mine, as far as god goes I don't believe in your kind- I think we all god just gotter look deeper inside, that's probably what your bible means by you seek and you find.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30474188
United States
01/11/2013 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
so how many have died from this?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9014106
Australia
01/11/2013 07:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I hear they also drop viruses and bacteria by adding it to the chemtrails.

damned
BAD WOLF

User ID: 30099585
United States
01/11/2013 07:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Actually this has happened to me twice this year which is really odd because I don't get sick as often as I used to.
Both times it was something to do with respiratory problems.
Infact it's been a few good years since anything made me sick. Might be because of all of the times that I drank green tea or a version of green tea years prior, though.

Usually it's just allergies if it's anything.

It's a little strange that this many people have had something similar.
It is most likely bad air that's causing this, but wonder why this year? We usually do have bad air or air pollutants.
Which would make it a little odd that if you're usually healthy why now? Our air having more pollution? Something to do with our immune systems? Galactic center energy? People becoming more sensitive to what's in the air/food/what we drink? A combination of everything? Who knows.
It is still strange.
"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool"- Stephen King
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/11/2013 07:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kind of late in the conversation but I had this starting on July 13.

In my case it was a lung virus that is passed from person to person very easily. I got another 6 people sick before we figured that part out.

I spent nearly 10 weeks on disability, lungs had poor oxy absorption, it got into my heart and is still affecting me now in January.

It's nothing to mess around with. I would have passed on if I had not gotten to my doctor quick.
 Quoting: Billxam

Wow. I hope you get better. Most often when an infection goes to the heart, it was bacterial. It might have started viral, but then in your weak immune state, another infection attacked your body since your body was massively trying to heal and ramping up white blood cells.

Some bacteria can deposit on your heart valves. Then they won't close well (incomponent is the medical term), so then you get very low O2 sats (Oxygen saturation of tissues). A doc will say poor perfusion and cyanosis. Clogged respiratory tracts get narrow and the whole body starts shutting down. I bet you were on Oxygen, and using a nebulizer too. That opens the airway. Room air is only 20.9% Oxygen versus pure oxygen in a tank. It means more volume is getting in in each breath since it's higher concentration.

When disabled like that, the muscles start to atrophy in your legs and arms. The body is desperately shunt all nutrients to healing, and most people don't eat right anyway, and then the body has to rob Peter to pay Paul.

Did it start out as RSV?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31767147
United Kingdom
01/11/2013 07:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
If so, you might need antibiotics. You're in England, maybe the chemist (pharmacist) could prescribe something.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

In England, where drugs are prescription only (including antibiotics) only the doctor can prescribe something.
Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
01/11/2013 07:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is it time?

doggytree
The thing that hath been,
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:1
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/11/2013 07:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Been coughing up black (dark brown/green) matter and a clear gluey jelly like substance in my muscus sporadically for a good 6 years or so- Long before drug use started or any form of abuse started. I have been on many things to try and fix this- Some subdue, nothing removes. Tested for all allergies and nothings came up 1dunno1
 Quoting: DMTHC

Did you read the post about percussive therapy? It's something a respiratory tech (pulmonary tech) might do, but you can do it at home. Look back at my posts. Heck I'll post one again.

This shows the six position.
[link to www.uwhealth.org]
The right lung has three lobes; the left two. You percuss (tap) such that you tap all of the lobes, so you have to tap the apex (shoulder region), sides of the ribcage, front, and back to figure out where the mucus is clogged.
[link to www.clevelandclinic.org]
[Note: Right and Left are reversed in medical anatomy drawing so it's the perspective of the doc looking at the patient. Same thing with Xrays too.]
Note the decline position so it drains toward the mouth. The worst areas are the lowest parts of the lung near the diaphram, which makes sense due to gravity, and why bad mucus could hang around for a long time if it gets into those very low postions.

Anyone who has a cough and mucus is coming out and having trouble NEEDS to do this. Maybe in ten years it will be in parenting books, and the next generation will think of it as normal.

That tapping is far better than anything to help remove the mucus. Would you rather wait for cough medicine and pills to slowly work? Or would rather get immediate relief? It's up to you.

Anyone can be trained to do it. Heck a child could do it for you.

When doing the breast region, have the patient put her hands on her breasts, so you percussing her hands so you have to do it harder to still work, but this protects her privacy. Percussing direct can of course be done on your lover, but then be careful. The breast has suspensory ligaments, the tiny hair like support for the breast. They get stretched with age and that's why breasts get droopy. You don't want to accelerate that process.

You could use a massager to do the same things as it will transfer the vibration or tapping to the lobes of the lung too. That might be what a person by themselves does.

When someone is in drug rehab, their liver is a mess. Kidney too. Both filter the blood especially the liver.
In Germany they give milk thistle to detox.

I know personally of a very bad alcoholic who was dying and had a matter of days to live. She took milk thistle and it gave her a month to say goodbye. It's powerful and cheap.

If you were smoking some drug, you'll have tar in your lungs that got deposited as particles in mucus and slowly will get express.

Sounds like an full blown bacterial infection. Drug users of long duration sometimes get fungal infections in their lungs because they've abused their bodies so much. Your symptoms sound like aspergillosis.
They have to learn how to expel mucus because their lungs are damaged. Seems dumb, but try it. Seriously.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/11/2013 08:33 PM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/11/2013 07:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
duplicate post

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/11/2013 07:58 PM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/11/2013 07:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

In England, where drugs are prescription only (including antibiotics) only the doctor can prescribe something.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31767147

Oh, good to know. I heard that they'd changed things to make medical care easier for common illnesses and that even the chemist(pharmacist) could do those things.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14899339
United States
01/11/2013 08:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have had to use the nebulizer for two weeks following having this congested cough twice since October.

The WEIRD thing is this; Had a metallic smell when breathing......odd.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 14091728

The way smell works is that tiny molecules in your nose impact on the olfactory nerve. Your mucus is the medium (the sea if you will) that allows those molecules to travel in. The sea is constantly (every ten minutes) replaced. Surprised? It's a mundane but vital aspect of sensation.

When the respiratory tract is clogged or cracked or both, then it impacts smell. The molecules can't travel and materials within the "sea" may be deposited which interfere with the sensation of smell.

When you use a vaporizer or nebulizer (better kind of vaporizer with medicine in it), then moisture and or moisture and medicine allows clearing of the sea. This allows a relaxation of the opening so more air is passed through, it is wetter, the mucus clears, and your sense of smell improves.

Iron is a component of blood. Most likely since the sea(mucus) in which molecules travel to the olfacory nerve cells also has cracked irritated areas and dried blood in it, you're smelling that.

By the way, those olfactory nerves are a part of the Limbic system of your brain which invokes memory. Because of that, a smell can trigger a memory like smelling a perfume, an orange, warm cookies, etc.

One actually can use that to help prepare for exams. Another use might be to help Alzheimer or dementia patients. Demenitia might come from 11 different kinds of illnesses.

Strongest sense tied to memory.
DMTHC

User ID: 31855099
Australia
01/11/2013 08:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: DMTHC

Did you read the post about percussive therapy. It's something a respiratory tech (pulmonary tech) might do, but you can do it at home. Look back at my posts. Heck I'll post one again.

This shows the six position.
[link to www.uwhealth.org]

Anyone who has a cough and mucus is coming out and having trouble NEEDS to do this. Maybe in ten years it will be in parenting books, and the next generation will think of it as normal.

That tapping is far better than anything to help remove the mucus. Would you rather wait for cough medicine and pills to slowly work? Or would rather get immediate relief? It's up to you.

Anyone can be trained to do it. Heck a child could do it for you.

When someone is in drug rehab, their liver is a mess. Kidney too. Both filter the blood especially the liver.
In Germany they give milk thistle to detox.

I know personally of a very bad alcoholic who was dying and had a matter of days to live. She took milk thistle and it gave her a month to say goodbye. It's powerful and cheap.

If you were smoking some drug, you'll have tar in your lungs that got deposited as particles in mucus and slowly will get express.

Sounds like an full blown bacterial infection. Drug users of long duration sometimes get fungal infections in their lungs because they've abused their bodies so much. Your symptoms sound like aspergillosis.
They have to learn how to expel mucus because their lungs are damaged. Seems dumb, but try it. Seriously.

I had not read through replys when I posted, I will check it out thanks!

Im not using cough medicine or pills- Seretide inhaler and rhinocort have been keeping it at bay(If you have any information on these please let me know hf). I have had other issues to deal with so I have not really attacked this one yet, My liver and kidneys are in fine form, as are all my other organs, blood and vitamin counts- They can not find a thing wrong with me! (Other issues have been muscular)

Smoke cannabis through a bong most days, use to be allot heavier. This is the only constant.

Seems dumb but alot of people dont know..
I am a pro at expeling my mucus tounge

Last Edited by DMTHC on 01/11/2013 08:10 PM
Let me let you in on a little secrete of mine, as far as god goes I don't believe in your kind- I think we all god just gotter look deeper inside, that's probably what your bible means by you seek and you find.
~Spaze*Man~

User ID: 30125417
United States
01/11/2013 08:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
2 large Xs above my house chemtrails yesterday

they are spraying making everyone sick!

everyone who is sick go out look at the sky are they spraying in your area?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31385058

They sprayed so friggen much the other day that fog came down at 7pm and had this nasty metal-like heaviness to it.
Thankfully not sick. I just closed the windows and stayed indoors.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/11/2013 08:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Actually this has happened to me twice this year which is really odd because I don't get sick as often as I used to.
Both times it was something to do with respiratory problems.
Infact it's been a few good years since anything made me sick. Might be because of all of the times that I drank green tea or a version of green tea years prior, though.

Usually it's just allergies if it's anything.

It's a little strange that this many people have had something similar.
It is most likely bad air that's causing this, but wonder why this year? We usually do have bad air or air pollutants.
Which would make it a little odd that if you're usually healthy why now? Our air having more pollution? Something to do with our immune systems? Galactic center energy? People becoming more sensitive to what's in the air/food/what we drink? A combination of everything? Who knows.
It is still strange.
 Quoting: BAD WOLF

Seasonal epidemics happen when a disease in endemic. That's when it's taken a hold on an area. It's a medical word you don't hear everyday. For example malaria is endemic to certain parts of Africa. West Nile has become endemic now in some states in the USA.

Then certain strains of pathogens get stronger in certain years. They exchange nuclear material. Here's a explantion of how viruses evolve.
[link to www.historyofvaccines.org]

I'm not a proponent of flu vaccines by the way, but that's a good layman explanation at that link.

The stronger strains, if there are seasonal things like bad winters in one place, then the people there are weaker from it, and a virilent virus might infect more people.

Because we travel so much, especially air travel, it's easy for a virus to travel throughs hubs very quickly and get disseminated into everywhere.

So a bad virus in India, might quickly go to Pakistan, then on and on.

In the last pandemic, it probably started in Mexico. Then the USA, then it was easy to go everywhere because of air travel. I can hear the Mexican jokes coming, but that's silly. They can happen anywhere, and in history a virus can be named for a nation like the Hong Kong flu.
That was a serious H3N2 influenza type A virus pandemic level 2 one.

If you read that link, it talks about antigen shift, which is the mutation exchange of nuclear material (resortment).

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/11/2013 08:13 PM
~Spaze*Man~

User ID: 30125417
United States
01/11/2013 08:15 PM

Report Abusive Post
Damn this threads moving fast.
Bluebird

User ID: 27748381
United States
01/11/2013 08:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Not only am I coughing but today I feel nauseated. Haven't actually vomited but feel that I could with little provocation and may yet.
One of the most important aspects of conspiracy theories is being able to discern when there isn't one.

Oh yeah, like you'd understand anyway.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J. Handy
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 16845676
United States
01/11/2013 08:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
State health officials say at least 22 people have died from influenza in South Carolina since the fall. That compares with a single death in the last flu season.

Just had a neighbor come over their friends 35 son just died

[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

hidingabduct

GLP