Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,268 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 600,904
Pageviews Today: 1,012,798Threads Today: 338Posts Today: 6,312
11:43 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!

Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 31957106
United States
01/11/2013 11:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!
Another migraine for me.

Started about 6 to 7 hours ago. I had to take my prescription medicine to help it disappear.

Friggen hurts guys.

I can feel my heart pounding each time it beats, but right in the back of my skull. Then the pressure pushes against the back of my eyes.

Feels like my heart, each time it beats, is blowing up a balloon inside my head.

Ugh....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27809228

I have had a slight cough now for weeks. I have had a migraine for three days. I have been putting lavender oil on my throat, and taking Alleve and Tylenol pm for the migraine.

:ieg:

My husband has an earache he cannot seem to shake.
 Quoting: Krystal

Krystal, are you certain it's a migraine? Sometimes along the nose and around the eyes a blood vessel will follow the Trigeminal Nerve (Cranial nerve #5). If you get sinus pressure in Winter, it can press that nerve and induce a powerful headache.

At the top of the nose, press bilaterally and move vertically. This sometimes helps. Around the eye socket are sinuses too. Pressing all of that sometimes drains the sinus pressure that might be there, and this also can press on the Trigeminal.

Have you tried a mint poultice on the pain site too?

Watch your husband carefully if the ear ache progresses and causes balance issues. A doc can put a scope in to look and if very inflamed can prescribe antibiotics. A viral ear ache is usually short. If it's been two week + that's not normal.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/11/2013 11:56 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3946954
United States
01/11/2013 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!

now this is a new widespread problem... i have known 13 people to be diagnosed with and operated on! i am trying to figure out what they are doing that i am not and keep it that way.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3946954

The main reason people get diverticulitis is simple. People eat a lot of processed food. It's junk food with poor nutrion, terrible additive to enhance flavor (since it tastes like crap) and salt (increased blood pressure) and no natural fiber. To save money since people are more conscious of eating fiber, they add a filler made from wood called cellulose. That's abnormal fiber. Why not just eat cardboard?

If you keep putting that junk in your body, then your waste is not swept from the numerous folds of the intestines. It applied pressure and causes weakness in the walls of the large intestine. Some people even fail to have a bowel movement every day. That's shocking. All of that, plus family history, causes diverticulitis.

It's not caused by things like respiratory infection, but it could be caused by numerous gasteroenteritis. When you take an antibiotic, it kills a lot of helpful bacteria in the gut (intestines). Then a lot of people don't eat probiotics (food with good bacteria like lactobaccilis). Yogurt and kefir have it and the latter is delicious. It's a sweet drink that's more common now, probably due to more immigrants from Russia. Try it, they even make a lactose-free kind for people sensitive to milk.

Doing those things will really help you.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

uh, ok. my wife was one of the 13. she is vegan and an alternative lifestyle tree hugger new ager... i'm an asshole and eat mcdonalds, drink hfcs straight up... oh and i smoke... yet HER guts are rotting, not mine :)

Well you have a stout constitution! I added some things while you posted. Re-read my reply. Some of it, might help her.

Total vegan? I hope not. While milk is not a great food, kefir is a very good food. I hope she considers eating some of it.

A woman as she gets 30+ need good sources of calcium. Beans are rich in them, but a lot of calcium in vegan food is poorly absorbed and hence not bioavailable in high numbers. Some of those calcium sources also have oxalate in them, and hence in a woman could cause gallstones.

you don't understand she is the one in my circle of people handing out this advise and long before she ever got it. she hates the way i eat and i can barely afford the way she wants to/ does eat. same with my aunt, she was always offended at the way i was raised and the foods i ate. guess who got diagnosed last year? yup, her.

everyone i know, including me, who live polar opposite to your advise have little to no health problems. i am actually very concerned and am trying to figure out the major difference in diet, between me and them. the only thing i have so far is they ate seafood, i can't stand it. unfortunately that is not the answer i am looking for, because i know plenty of people that eat seafood that don't have that problem.

i actually feel really bad for my wife and 10 of the 13 others. they care and go to great efforts to care for themselves. while people like me will just up and have a massive heart attack... boom done with it! while they fall apart slowly and suffer for decades...
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Flue Season Tards whatever
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13974494

We're passionate about fireplaces?

Or do you mean flu?
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 12:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
you don't understand she is the one in my circle of people handing out this advise and long before she ever got it. she hates the way i eat and i can barely afford the way she wants to/ does eat. same with my aunt, she was always offended at the way i was raised and the foods i ate. guess who got diagnosed last year? yup, her.

everyone i know, including me, who live polar opposite to your advise have little to no health problems. i am actually very concerned and am trying to figure out the major difference in diet, between me and them. the only thing i have so far is they ate seafood, i can't stand it. unfortunately that is not the answer i am looking for, because i know plenty of people that eat seafood that don't have that problem.

i actually feel really bad for my wife and 10 of the 13 others. they care and go to great efforts to care for themselves. while people like me will just up and have a massive heart attack... boom done with it! while they fall apart slowly and suffer for decades...

That surprised me. I guess they aren't strict vegans since eating fish.

Fish in the Gulf was very polluted with Corexit. Fish on the Pacific coast is getting radioactive isotopes from Fukushima (ongoing). I wouldn't eat foods from the sea, especially seaweeds and many probably come from either area.

They're naturally going to concentrate the isotopes .

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 12:04 AM
PresidentCamacho

User ID: 25454873
United States
01/12/2013 12:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
ECHINACEA is a known cure all for many acute immune system illnesses.

It comes in many forms like extract, capsules or root powder (for making your own remedies). Stay away from the cheap store brands, which contain extra unnecessary junk. Gaia Herbs, Futurebiotics and Herb Pharm are all good brands. I buy the dried herbs myself and make my own capsules and tinctures. It's a LOT cheaper and easy to do.
The years passed, mankind became stupider at a frightening rate. Some had high hopes the genetic engineering would correct this trend in evolution, but sadly the greatest minds and resources where focused on conquering hair loss and prolonging erections. ~ Narrator (Idiocracy)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31988964
United States
01/12/2013 12:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
i am. been a week and a half now
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24909641
Australia
01/12/2013 01:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've had a close friend of mine lose her 19 year old daughter to the flu last week.

What is going on?
 Quoting: SnowboardingAlien

Did she have a flu shot? Mopar says that the vaccine is the cause if all this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24909641
Australia
01/12/2013 01:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've had a close friend of mine lose her 19 year old daughter to the flu last week.

What is going on?
 Quoting: SnowboardingAlien

Did she have a flu shot? Mopar says that the vaccine is the cause if all this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18381151
United States
01/12/2013 01:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope everyone has the opportunity to rest and heal.

Pool, you're an exceptional person. The things you say. This clear display of culture. You're clever. You know about some unusual things; things many have never heard of. I can't help but like that. I hope you're all healed up by now.

Thank you kindest healer. Your words are healing.

This virus definitely has a rigid pattern. It's possible to weaken the symptoms, but not eliminate the pattern.

Headaches
dry cough
fever
chills
restlessness
exhaustion
breathing difficulties
mucus
sweats
coughs
....done

It takes personal harmony to find the homeopathic preference. Not all spices or oils work for everyone. Oil of oregano almost killed me, cloves/cinnamon/star anise made me cough more, never tried cough supressants because I wanted to exercise my lungs and vitamins C and D were ineffective.

I'm on the last phase of coughing and added L-Lysene to my daily regime, which was the first thing my body could positively feel.

Very soothing and relaxing 7:17 minutes.

hf
 Quoting: Cassie :-)

hugs Happy you enjoyed it.

Be well everyone. :heart:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32014798
United States
01/12/2013 01:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
"There is no God but myself... Knowing this, who dares worship the false Gods of the Koran and Bible?" - Satan, from the Qu'ret Al-Yezid

"I lead to the straight path without a revealed book." Satan, from the Al-Jilwah

"Those who oppose me I afflict with disease..." Satan, from the Al-Jilwah (referring to the J e w s)

GOOGLE SATAN + JOY TO LEARN MORE AND CONTACT SATAN/ENKI
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18381151
United States
01/12/2013 01:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
"Those who oppose me I afflict with disease..." Satan, from the Al-Jilwah (referring to the J e w s)
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32014798

What's so interesting is that a true christian can turn any disease into a reason to worship Jesus.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32010483
United States
01/12/2013 01:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: Radiation Poisoning - Nasty Flu bug - Government experiments - Ozone & Sun
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4781813
United States
01/12/2013 02:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think it will alarm you, but I'm including it here for people who'd like to see a well thought out scenario about a bad pandemic. It's written by a nurse from Florida. Read it to educate yourself about the issues, but also relax because it's not that bad yet.

It's written from the perspective of a mother journalling what's happening to her family, and discusses all of the issues as well as day-to-day living under a disasterous wide-spread illness.

It's not bad for an amateur and free.
A Will to Survive
[link to awilltosurvive.blogspot.com]

It's made up of very short chapters that could be read over a weekend.

Where's the story?? I wanted to read it but its not really there or at the contained links...so annoying
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 02:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think it will alarm you, but I'm including it here for people who'd like to see a well thought out scenario about a bad pandemic. It's written by a nurse from Florida. Read it to educate yourself about the issues, but also relax because it's not that bad yet.

It's written from the perspective of a mother journalling what's happening to her family, and discusses all of the issues as well as day-to-day living under a disasterous wide-spread illness.

It's not bad for an amateur and free.
A Will to Survive
[link to awilltosurvive.blogspot.com]

It's made up of very short chapters that could be read over a weekend.

Where's the story?? I wanted to read it but its not really there or at the contained links...so annoying
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4781813

Sure it is. There's chapter links on that page. Must be a personal problem. Someone else try it. I have no issues with it whatsoever.

From February to May there's a total of 51 Chapters.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 02:49 AM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 04:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
This post is a tiny bit technical, but there's a good conclusion to it. I hope you read it. There's a possibility that we might have a special tool, one that promotes a higher survivability using Vitamin D supplementation, and hence cope with the worst aspect of death in some species of pandemic flu. That being ones that invoke cytokine storms.

Bioavailability: The degree to which or rate at which a drug or other substance is absorbed or becomes available at the site of physiological activity after administration.
[link to www.thefreedictionary.com]

Some foods have a higher bioavailability than others. What this means is that while calcium is available, it might not be able to be absorbed or used.

In medicine, one of the issues is compliance based upon the amount that must be consumed. For example, one pill once a day is easy for a patient. Taking three pills a day with meals leads to confusion and changes in when they are taken. People forget then think, “I'll take more later.” but that confuses them more. It leads to lower compliance and potential issues of a reemergence of disease states, lower nutrition, poor absorption, and even in them skipping it altogether.

I know we have a lot of proponents of Vitamin D here. While we can make all kinds of claims, I think it's more persuasive to list some authoritative medical links. Some explain that at least in America, most of the population is deficient in Vitamin D.
[link to www.webmd.com]

During the great second wave of immigration of Irish, Italian, Russian, and many other ethnic groups to the USA, doctors began seeing an issue in young children. Many of them had soft bowing legs that curved out since their bones were weak. An entire generation was being crippled due to improper amounts of calcium. They called it Rickets.
[link to www.mayoclinic.com]

Later, as we began to understand more biochemistry (the science of the chemistry of the body), scientists discovered a link between calcium and Vitamin D. If people consumed milk and yet didn't get enough sunshine, then the calcium didn't create proper bone formation.

The thinking was that sunshine gave most people quite a bit of Vitamin D, and hence supplementation was unnecessary. However later generations added Vitamin D to milk to ensure higher amounts of Vitamin D were given in the diet as well. Since milk is so prevalent in the diet of most Americans, this seemed logical. People drank three servings, one at each meal every day.

Milk has a high level of calcium versus a leafy green salad. You'd have to eat a lot of salad to get the same amount of calcium. Beans are another good source, which is good if you couldn't afford a cow or milk was unavailable for sale.

This present generation consumes less milk. We know that 75% of African-Americans and most Asian-Americans lack an enzyme called lactase. That chemical compound allows milk to be completely digested in the digestive system, including liberating the sugar from lactose into simpler sugars in the large intestine. Since they didn't have it, then drinking milk often induced bloating and diarrhea.
[link to www.webmd.com]

Proper digestion is essential as it allows the fat, protein, and simple carbohydrates of milk to be fully utilized. Skipping some of that with poor digestion results in much lower amounts of nutrition and energy.

On top of this issue was osteoporosis. It was extremely common and expected for women to become stooped over as they aged. It was thought to be a normal aspect of aging elderly people.. As many people died much earlier for a variety of reasons, it wasn't as big an issue as other disease states. As public health increased, so did longevity and more and more women exhibited osteoporosis. We discovered that their bodies were also susceptible to low levels of calcium and vitamin D as well as other issues.
[link to www.nof.org]

Most people think of their skeleton as hard sticks that form linear supports. In actuality it's living tissue that is more like miniscule scaffolding. Under weight bearing labor, it is constantly tearing down and rebuilding. It also provides new red blood cells in the marrow of the healthy long bones of the body (like the femurs in your upper legs).
[link to www.iofbonehealth.org]

When the 1918 Pandemic Flu hit, it swept across the USA as well as the world. There were few treatments which offered any benefit. Much of who died and who lived was a mystery. While there were some successes from osteopathic physicians who used manipulation of the lympathic pump, a kind of massage that moved lymph in a certain way through the body, others were not so successful and huge number of the populace died.

In 2009, there was a scientific study looking at the differences in people who survived the 1918 Pandemic Flu. They analyzed the Ultraviolet B (UVB) levels to see if there was a correlation to case-fatality rates. In other words they were looking at wavelength of sunlight levels and hence typical amounts of Vitamin D that would be reasonably generated by people in those areas. Here is that study.
[link to www.landesbioscience.com]

It may be that Vitamin D supplementation and those who live in areas with more sun may have less issues with cytokine storms based upon the data found in the link above.

The Pandemic Flu of 1918 was unusual. A lot of healthy young people died, in much higher amounts than scientists and physicians thought possible. Later we discovered that specific kinds of flu caused an immense immune reaction now called a cytokine storm. We think that patients die of this reaction, more so than the respiratory infection itself.
[link to www.nature.com]

Why is that important? We now have an epidemic and possibly we are in the early stages of a pandemic again. We know that the respiratory infection of this influenza seems worse than normal. We don't have enough data yet. We probably won't know under after the epidemic or pandemic a year from now.

If we have a pandemic, it may be very difficult to acquire calcium through ordinary means. It also may be difficult to acquire Vitamin D too. Today, calcium tablets most often come with both. For someone preparing and stocking up on supplies, it might be wisdom to also stock up on calcium tablets. They might prevent a cytokine storm or at least provide higher survivability.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 04:26 AM
AtsuiPanda

User ID: 16510251
United States
01/12/2013 05:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
been feeling like shit for week plus
:/sdfhasdfshasd/:
Those who live by the sword die by the sword, those who don't live by the sword are subject to those who do.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8379586
United States
01/12/2013 05:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Weird. I am a smoker of 16 years and I don't cough at all.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22538468
United Kingdom
01/12/2013 05:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Elderberry for respiratory illnesses.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25254305

and white pine but nothing stopping my coughgrumpy2
 Quoting: Goofy for God

How about some Munuka honey in hot water every night.
Might help, don't forget to take big doses of Vitamin C.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2980207
United States
01/12/2013 06:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
I've been coughing since around Christmas with other symptoms that come and go. Didn't get a flu shot, so that's not it. Sure hope it passes soon.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 06:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Elderberry for respiratory illnesses.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25254305

and white pine but nothing stopping my coughgrumpy2
 Quoting: Goofy for God

How about some Munuka honey in hot water every night.
Might help, don't forget to take big doses of Vitamin C.
 Quoting: Druantia Celt

A lot of people may not know what you mean Druantia Celt. I believe you're referring to Manuka(the Maori word for tea tree) honey, a variety of honey that's created by bees foraging upon the tea tree plant.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Tea tree oil is well know to possess powerful phytochemicals which kill practically any pathogens which we test with it. As such it is an excellent cleanser and has healing properties. Because it contains many phytochemicals, there's little chance that any pathogen can develop resistance to it, and hence it could serve as a powerful medicine.

Antibiotics and antiviral and antifungals all can work, but the pathogens do develop resistance in time.

Because honey is also a powerful killer of many pathogens (not all for botulism can be spread by the ingestion of honey, particularly in infants), then the thought is that the combination wrought by the bees production would be an ideal healing substance.

In medicine, one of the bad side effects of antibacterials is that it kills all bacteria. As a result, a patient could get secondary bacterial infections. Why? Some bacteria is beneficial and NEEDED to control the bad anaerobic (doesn't need oxygen) bacteria of the gut. Should this happen, a very dangerous bacteria called Clostidium dificile can colonize the gut once the antibiotics wear off.

It's possible that Manuka honey could actually be worse. We don't know. We need to test it. That requires repeated experiments to see if it produces the same result numerous times, then analyze the data, then offer it up for peer-review.

We also would study, what dosage would give the maximal amount of benefit? When is the best time to absorb it? These also would have their own studies and process.

Of course anything ingested could harm a human being, and so since the Hippocratic oath is "To do no harm" then one cannot simple prescribe it.

All herbals, not matter how beneficial, have a potential for causing side effects based upon normal or impaired biochemistry or in combination with other medicinals.

In herbalism, one of the central aspects is availability to be gathered. Manuka honey is really only grown in limited places. Most herbs are like that, and so the indigenous people of those cultures use what they had locally to heal.

A person in Kentucky like myself might enjoy using it as long as things are stable, but due to the instability of the world, as well as pandemics which directly affect the supply chain, then of course it has less impact on herbal medicines unless I have a cache of it.

In herbalism of local harvests, one looks at the season of harvesting, and tries to find alternatives, for a pest or a blight or a drought or flood, or anything like overharvesting could limit how much I can collect.

As such, a healer tries to find other herbs which could be used, but may be harvested at other times.

In a pandemic, teaching people to harvest locally is a good strategy for helping the most people, and especially if they're taught many kinds of herbs.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 06:50 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31777186
Australia
01/12/2013 06:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
My partner and I caught a rotten flu from a relative on Christmas day. I'm still very sick and so is she..was looking forward to some holidays but it's been absolutely crap.

I hate christmas. *sniff
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8379586
United States
01/12/2013 06:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Moral of this thread. Smoke cigarettes and you won't get sick.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21601347
United Kingdom
01/12/2013 06:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
I believe there is an unreported epidemic occurring right now. This is not a normal flu or the common cold. It is here in the UK too. It starts with a bad throat and a cough, then develops into a chest infection, mild fever, headaches, etc. The coughing gets worse at evening and night. The whole thing leaves you feeling very drained. After a while it seems to go away but then it returns.

My family's doctors have all reported this illness amongst many of their patients, and have seen the same pattern: they get better then they fall ill with it again. Everyone I know who's had it has been ill for at least 2 weeks. I've had it for a week and am not getting much better.

As I said, this is a major epidemic and it's going unreported.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13385958
United States
01/12/2013 07:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Another migraine for me.

Started about 6 to 7 hours ago. I had to take my prescription medicine to help it disappear.

Friggen hurts guys.

I can feel my heart pounding each time it beats, but right in the back of my skull. Then the pressure pushes against the back of my eyes.

Feels like my heart, each time it beats, is blowing up a balloon inside my head.

Ugh....

I have had a slight cough now for weeks. I have had a migraine for three days. I have been putting lavender oil on my throat, and taking Alleve and Tylenol pm for the migraine.

Krystal, are you certain it's a migraine? Sometimes along the nose and around the eyes a blood vessel will follow the Trigeminal Nerve (Cranial nerve #5). If you get sinus pressure in Winter, it can press that nerve and induce a powerful headache.

At the top of the nose, press bilaterally and move vertically. This sometimes helps. Around the eye socket are sinuses too. Pressing all of that sometimes drains the sinus pressure that might be there, and this also can press on the Trigeminal.

Watch your husband carefully if the ear ache progresses and causes balance issues. A doc can put a scope in to look and if very inflamed can prescribe antibiotics. A viral ear ache is usually short. If it's been two week + that's not normal.

I appreciate the info...it could be the Trigeminal Nerve. It seems I had to go to the ER sometime last year and he mentioned an inflamed nerve in my face. I had to go on antibiotics. This is similar. Thanks for taking the time to pass along the video and knowledge.

Oh he has had the earache for two weeks. I cannot get him to go to the doc. I have been putting tea tree oil drops into his ears. I think it might be helping. We will see.

Take care everyone.:uhg:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31777186
Australia
01/12/2013 07:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
I believe there is an unreported epidemic occurring right now. This is not a normal flu or the common cold. It is here in the UK too. It starts with a bad throat and a cough, then develops into a chest infection, mild fever, headaches, etc. The coughing gets worse at evening and night. The whole thing leaves you feeling very drained. After a while it seems to go away but then it returns.

My family's doctors have all reported this illness amongst many of their patients, and have seen the same pattern: they get better then they fall ill with it again. Everyone I know who's had it has been ill for at least 2 weeks. I've had it for a week and am not getting much better.

Quoting: Shycrow

They're my symptoms exactly. Except it's sinus as well. I can barely breath through my nose and when I breath through the mouth the coughing starts.
Thought I was getting better a day or so ago and then it returned with a vengeance today. Can barely think straight.

zombies
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 07:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Another migraine for me.

Friggen hurts guys.

Ugh....

I appreciate the info...it could be the Trigeminal Nerve. It seems I had to go to the ER sometime last year and he mentioned an inflamed nerve in my face. I had to go on antibiotics. This is similar. Thanks for taking the time to pass along the video and knowledge.

Oh he has had the earache for two weeks. I cannot get him to go to the doc. I have been putting tea tree oil drops into his ears. I think it might be helping. We will see.

Take care everyone.:uhg:

Krystal,
Thanks.

That seems to be a very wise way one can use tea tree safely. Because it's oil, it may not penetrate the ear drum and then into the fluid within. I don't know about the permeability of it.Still it might work. Smart!

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 07:10 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21601347
United Kingdom
01/12/2013 07:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Shycrow

They're my symptoms exactly. Except it's sinus as well. I can barely breath through my nose and when I breath through the mouth the coughing starts.
Thought I was getting better a day or so ago and then it returned with a vengeance today. Can barely think straight.

zombies
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31777186

Yep, I got the sinus thing too, I forgot to mention that. My mother's doctor described it as a flu virus but I'm not sure. It doesn't feel like flu to me. In fact it doesn't feel like anything I've had before.
Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
01/12/2013 07:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
Don'tBeAfraid, I don't know about Tea Tree Oil in the ears, but when we were kids, my mom always put warmed Sweet Oil in our ears when we had earaches. I don't know if it actually healed anything, but it DID make the pain ease quite a bit.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 07:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Don'tBeAfraid, I don't know about Tea Tree Oil in the ears, but when we were kids, my mom always put warmed Sweet Oil in our ears when we had earaches. I don't know if it actually healed anything, but it DID make the pain ease quite a bit.
 Quoting: Texan Buckeye

That's certainly true, and a common thing people do in my region. You actually used to be able to buy "sweet oil" in drugstores.
Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
01/12/2013 07:19 AM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Texan Buckeye

That's certainly true, and a common thing people do in my region. You actually used to be able to buy "sweet oil" in drugstores.

I think you still can, at least, I've seen it recently down here in our local chain stores. I know our local vitamin stores have it, too.

GLP