Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,278 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 762,853
Pageviews Today: 1,345,573Threads Today: 572Posts Today: 9,848
03:43 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21601347
United Kingdom
01/12/2013 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!
Olive oil is very helpful for ear problems. Just a small drop is enough.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 31957106
United States
01/12/2013 07:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GLP How many of us are sick today ?????unidentified respiratory illness?????Post if you cant stop coughing!!!!
I believe there is an unreported epidemic occurring right now. This is not a normal flu or the common cold. It is here in the UK too. It starts with a bad throat and a cough, then develops into a chest infection, mild fever, headaches, etc. The coughing gets worse at evening and night. The whole thing leaves you feeling very drained. After a while it seems to go away but then it returns.

My family's doctors have all reported this illness amongst many of their patients, and have seen the same pattern: they get better then they fall ill with it again. Everyone I know who's had it has been ill for at least 2 weeks. I've had it for a week and am not getting much better.

As I said, this is a major epidemic and it's going unreported.
 Quoting: Shycrow

They're my symptoms exactly. Except it's sinus as well. I can barely breath through my nose and when I breath through the mouth the coughing starts.
Thought I was getting better a day or so ago and then it returned with a vengeance today. Can barely think straight.

zombies
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31777186

Yep, I got the sinus thing too, I forgot to mention that. My mother's doctor described it as a flu virus but I'm not sure. It doesn't feel like flu to me. In fact it doesn't feel like anything I've had before.

I don't know if I can agree with your assertion that it's an unreported epidemic. I believe that the World Health Organization has been reporting internationally that it had that potentional. Each nation has their own national health organizations, and they usually decide based upon biostatistics over time, and so they may not have had adequate data sampling until recently.

It has been declared an epidemic here in the USA. I would imagine that much of such declaration would depend upon geography and season as cold Winters would foster environments in the respiratory tract that worsen it.

Because there are always numerous common illnesses (four common now in my region of the USA), and numerous respiratory illnesses from viral and bacterial sources, as well as fungal and secondary infections, then physcians don't really know what is the causitive agent of an illness unless they have a rapid test to ascertain with reason and with evidence which pathogen is creating the illness. With Strep Throat or RSV they can be rapidly determined. Many can't and since they're are so many, a physican makes an educated guess based upon prevalance of the illness within their region, plus looks at the symptoms of the patiens.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 07:25 AM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 07:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

Too funny. Sweet oil = Olive oil. I looked it up. It's definitely available on the internet. It's probably extra virgin olive oil thats heated to ensure purity from pathogens versus straight from a bottle.

Coming from a redneck state, and since it's been many decades since my birth, olive oil was uncommonly used here. We simply didn't have a lot of Italians or Greeks so it wasn't used that much in cooking.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 07:30 AM
Texan Buckeye

User ID: 1533753
United States
01/12/2013 07:31 AM

Report Abusive Post

Too funny. Sweet oil = Olive oil. I looked it up. It's definitely available on the internet. It's probably extra virgin olive oil that heated to ensure purity from pathogen versus straight from a bottle.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

That IS funny! I've always wondered what kind of oil it was. Mom didn't know either. It was just what my grandma used on mom and she used on us. Our "old school" doc's told them to use it. I wish they were still alive. I miss Dr. Bill.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

Too funny. Sweet oil = Olive oil. I looked it up. It's definitely available on the internet. It's probably extra virgin olive oil that heated to ensure purity from pathogen versus straight from a bottle.

That IS funny! I've always wondered what kind of oil it was. Mom didn't know either. It was just what my grandma used on mom and she used on us. Our "old school" doc's told them to use it. I wish they were still alive. I miss Dr. Bill.
 Quoting: Texan Buckeye

Totally off topic, but I've been up for 36 hours straight, so I'm punchy...

A long time ago, fishermen would create their own lanterns. They'd take sweet oil (which until now, I had no idea as to the kind of oil) and some phosphorus. They'd cut it under the oil, and it created a glowing light. Then they'd immerse these like primitive chemical glowsticks, and these would attract fish.

Isn't it funny that they invented it way before? Probably people forgot what sweet oil was, and couldn't figure out what Great-Grampa's recipe was?

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 07:38 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23794435
United States
01/12/2013 07:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) is a bronchodilator. It's good for inflammation/mucus in the lungs. There have even been medical tests which have shown it's effect on COPD and asthma.

For more info, Google 'Magnesium Sulfate Lungs'.
Lars
User ID: 992118
Sweden
01/12/2013 07:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
You might wish to look at this list of home remedies for coughs. Perhaps one of them may help.

[link to mnhopkins.blogspot.se]
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 07:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) is a bronchodilator. It's good for inflammation/mucus in the lungs. There have even been medical tests which have shown it's effect on COPD and asthma.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23794435

Yes, with a caveat. It's given intravenously (IV). That means that someone at home couldn't do it. It might be that someone could figure out a way.

IV solutions directly enter the bloodstream. When a drug is usually given orally, it goes into the stomach, and then there are arteries around the stomach, and the drug passes across into these. Then the drug circulates and passes through the liver. Then over many treatments, the liver finally allows (first pass effect)the drug to pass more of more into the blood, for it restricts it until it overcomes the liver's ability to filter. They it reaches a therapeutic dose.

The kidneys do that too.

That means it would take a long long time to work orally, if at all.

Sublingual is a methodology that bypasses the first pass effect of the liver. It's under the tongue. It's possible one could try that to see if it produces a quick means of allieviating asthma by brochodialation.

When someone needs brochodialation, it is often an emergency and you need speed. As such, oral ingestion might not be quick enough to aid the patient's distress.

So unless you have an IV and a pure way to create a solution of the proper strength, then probably not.

Magnesium is a powerful regulator of the heart too, so you could, if in error of the correct percentages, stop or speed up the heart, which is dangerous.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 07:50 AM
Doobie

User ID: 31821675
United Kingdom
01/12/2013 07:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
A warm bath with a couple of handfuls of Epsom Salts thrown in can really ease breathing and aches and pains. No need to eat it.
Earth does not belong to man, man belongs to Earth
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 07:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
In the 19th Century, they didn't have many medicines to give asthma patients. Their primary medicine was cafeine to treat them and cause bronchodialation.

Then later, around 1950, people felt that asthma was fake. They felt it was largely a mental behavior from stress. You can imagine how foolish that was, for asthma has been documented since the ancient Egyptians.

I wrote about this once. See my sig and do a search. There are some common things in your home or common herbs you might find in meadows that in an emergency, like if we had a collapse of civilliation, that you use for asthma patients.

I think it was using a corncob pipe with a little Jimson weed, a tiny tiny bit, as it is very powerful.

I've written 1000 posts on prepping my sig, so it's hard to remember especially after 36 hours without sleep.

Yep that's it. See:
[link to www.highlandsnd.com]

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 02:53 PM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 07:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
A warm bath with a couple of handfuls of Epsom Salts thrown in can really ease breathing and aches and pains. No need to eat it.
 Quoting: Doobie

That's interesting and makes sense historically. It's given IV in hospitals.

Bronchodialators were used because the lungs act as a path for oxygen to diffuse in from breathing into the blood supply, and diffuse out from the lungs. That means it's an excellent delivery system for gaseous medicines if you wish to get some drug into the blood supply. This is like IV or sublingual avoids the first pass effect of the liver.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 08:03 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27531391
United States
01/12/2013 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
. Oil of oregano almost killed me, cloves/cinnamon/star anise made me cough more, never tried cough supressants because I wanted to exercise my lungs and vitamins C and D were ineffective.

Quoting: pool

What do you mean, oil of oregano almost killed you????
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18381151
United States
01/12/2013 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
. Oil of oregano almost killed me, cloves/cinnamon/star anise made me cough more, never tried cough supressants because I wanted to exercise my lungs and vitamins C and D were ineffective.

What do you mean, oil of oregano almost killed you????
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27531391

I tried a drop sublingual and then tried to back wash it. It was my Darwin award moment.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18381151
United States
01/12/2013 11:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Don'tBeAfraid,

I hope you have sweet sleep awaiting you.

:sleep:
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 02:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Doobie

That's interesting and makes sense historically. It's given IV in hospitals.

Bronchodialators were used because the lungs act as a path for oxygen to diffuse in from breathing into the blood supply, and diffuse out from the lungs. That means it's an excellent delivery system for gaseous medicines if you wish to get some drug into the blood supply. This is like IV or sublingual avoids the first pass effect of the liver.

Earlier today, there was statement that was made regarding a potential treatment of bronchodialation in asthma patients using magnesium sulfate. This is the chemical name for Epsom salts, a common compound used to ease muscle aches by soaking or as a laxative. The latter is taken internally and caution must be used, for magnesium is one of the positive ions that regulates the heart.

I'm not sure if the folks reading understand this , but when someone has asthma, their body undergoes an allergic reaction to various substances, and the pathway in the respiratory tract that channels, specifically the bronchioles, the branching tubes that send gases like oxygen and carbon dioxide to and from the lungs, that narrows. This vastly reduces the amount of oxygen to them, and they struggle to breathe. When that happens, they know to use a bronchodialor in order to apply a smooth muscle relaxant and then the opening dilates (gets wider).

Lung disease is the third largest cause of mortality in America. Its the number one cause of death in infants. It affects millions. Asthma is one of most prevalent of causes of lung disease.

Oxygen in our atmosphere is 20.9% of the gases we breath. Much of it is nitrogen.

There are two primary ways of helping someone with lung disease. You give them more oxygen by giving the 100% oxygen in a tank of it. Even if the opening is narrow, it's approximately five times what they draw in by volume. Or you increase the orifice of the channel of respiration. The latter being done by brochodialation.

Obviously in a disaster, then one might not have a means of doing either.

In respiratory influenza, one of the primary issues is narrowing of the orifice by an exacerbation of mucus and leading to very low oxygen levels as a result. In pandemic flu, not only is this happening, but also pneumonia which is inflammation of the lung itself particularly the alveloi. These are the millions of tiny sacs in which gases flow across the tiny blood vessels within and oxygen and carbon dioxide flow in and out.

Many patients who chronically suffer with a respiratory illness plus patients afflicted with a new respiratory infection could benefit if we could get them more oxygen somehow.

Here's a link to a study using magnesium sulfate, applied in isotonic concentrations in a nebulizer. There are many studies:
[link to www.respiratoryreviews.com]

I've been researching magnesium sulfate since that statement was made. It is administered IV in the hospitals, so as such that doesn't help us, for we can hardly do that at home.

There have been several tiny studies in which an isotonic (a concentration of a compound similar to the concentration of the compound in the human body) concentration of magnesium sulfate is nebulized, then it safely acts as a bronchodialator.

In the hospital, the ones who are most helped are the ones with most severe chronic disease state, but it's a rough treatment, so it adds strain to those patients as well as helps.

A nebulizer is a special vaporizer in which substances are added to the machine and cause bronchodialation.

Now, that doesn't mean that adding magnesium sulfate to a vaporizer will help. It might be that putting that compound in vaporizer in a room would apply magnesium sulfate into the air as ions. In chemistry, when salt is added to water, the water breaks the connection (ionic bonds) and releases a positive and negative component. In this case, a magnesium ion and a sulfate ion. Those then float in the air and the moisture eventually is breathed in by a patient. However, it might not be isotonic based upon the distance that this ion is diffusing.

It could be that medical professionals could calculate the amount of magnesium sulfate that would need to be added to a vaporizer (a lot of you have those) or a nebulizer (few of you have those but common in patients with chronic respiratory illness) as well as how close it would need to be to help.

A very low concentration may not do anything. A hypertonic (higher than normal concentrations than in the body) could harm a patient.

More study is needed.

In a disaster, a lot of medical planning is about finding alternative treatments for chronic illness in patients when also dealing with the disaster's effect on supply chains of medical supplies. In addition, because suddenly everyone might need a lot of medical supplies, then finding some way of treatment for them too.

Just because you read a single statement that X ( a substance)is good for Y (a disease), don't think this will work in real life unless there's a protocol (a method ) of applying it so it can be absorbed and beneficial to the patient. Then it has to be possible for a family member or friend to do it (have low technical requirements).

Good disaster planning is about logically MacGuyvering protocols, teaching people how to "source" (find that substance and harvest it) and most importantly understanding disease.

As patients you must understand the disease state first. Then the next most difficult part is sourcing that substance. If it doesn't grow around you, or is supplied in a meaningful inexpensive way, or can be harvested due to season, then it won't help.

MacGuyvering (engineering in the field) requires good old use of the brain and multi-disciplinary skill knowledge.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 02:52 PM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 03:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some of us have some medical training or herbal training or were taught ancestral skills in healing or are patients desperately trying to find ways of coping.

In a collapse of normal medical care, as happens in a pandemic, many things are tried to help family members. All of us, the chronically suffering patients, the shaman among us who act in some way to heal (ourselves or others), or just the interested folks, we can potentially help others but we could harm them.

Be responsible in all things. Research deeply. Make sure that some ancestral idea, and many date back as old as Time itself, are efficacious (actually work to the betterment of patients without harming).

Much of home treatment was absolutely vital if you lived on some frontier and had no physician. A trained medical person could be two days away by horse. That did that frontier or tribal family no good even if the physician had medicines and skills.

This meant that throughout history, the ancestors of anyone reading this, they naturally used common sense and intellect to learn ways to help themselves. It also meant that they could accidentally hurt their families.

Use caution if you love the ones around you. Think deeply. Literally contemplate.

That's why I spend a lot of time so you understand the complexities of these issues.

In history, one smart woman or man who devoted themselves altruistically could save a hundred over their lifetimes. In a collapse, you might suddenly have responsibility beyond your normal amounts and need to help care for others, even your neighbors.

If there is a world beyond this lifetime, as I believe to be true, then what we do each moment, we have to explain when we transition and transform later. So maybe helping or harming others matters beyond the moment...and perhaps Eternity.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 03:06 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550123
United States
01/12/2013 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you have come down with the flu or other viral illness please consider this recipe to fight it off.

ingredients
2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (use Braggs brand only)
2 Tablespoons of Honey
8 oz of warm water, boiled and cooled so it will be steril.

Sip till done.

Repeat every 3-6 hours.

You will feel better after one glass, in 72 hours you will be in recovery.

here is alternate recipe.

May the good health be with you.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5669323

Good recipe.

Whenever I feel like I am coming down with something I take garlic. I get the garlic that is already chopped up at the supermarket usually near the fresh produce section. It comes in a big clear container. I know it is not as strong as fresh garlic but the stuff works. I take it and my throat stops hurting and I start feeling better almost immediately. I take about a tablespoon of it. If I did this with fresh garlic it would be too strong and I would stink.LOL

But I had this on hand and just tried it and it worked. Didn't burn my mouth or stomach and didn't give me really bad garlic breath because it is a little weaker than fresh but damn that stuff does work and doesn't taste that bad. Probably because I have been craving it. I had a salad tonight and put a couple teaspoons on it along with dressing. So that is a way it can be taken rather than just slurping it off a spoon.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 06:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
The 'disease' 50% or more are suffering from is called Fukushimaitis.

First symptoms, as explained to moranic public WAS .... FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS!

That is AFTER you reach 50 Rems/Rads of CUMULATIVE radiation dose from eating, drinking and inhaling the radiation. From THERE, it is ALL DOWNHILL, with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, red itchy skin ( from Beta radiation in rain ), sore throat, sore mouth, hair loss, recurring infections, bleeding ( from the gums ) and anemia !

STAY in denial, and rid the gene pool of another idiot.

Oh, and remember Obammy SAID " It will never reach our shores', among other lies.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31897366

My dog had a terrible rash on her haunch, red, blistering, itchy etc. Vet didn't know what it was, we did some yeast treatment, didn't cure it. When the water in the bucket she drinks from sometimes outside froze a couple of weeks ago, her rash cleared up completely within 5 days. I ruled out the bucket because when the snow fell two weeks ago and she started eating that, the rash returned, so its the radiation in the rain/snow I guess, wonderful, freaking wonderful.
 Quoting: Isis One

Or maybe chemtrail fall out?
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 06:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you have come down with the flu or other viral illness please consider this recipe to fight it off.

ingredients
2 Tablespoons of Honey

Sip till done.

Repeat every 3-6 hours.

Good recipe.

Whenever I feel like I am coming down with something I take garlic. I get the garlic that is already chopped up at the supermarket usually near the fresh produce section. It comes in a big clear container. I know it is not as strong as fresh garlic but the stuff works. I take it and my throat stops hurting and I start feeling better almost immediately. I take about a tablespoon of it. If I did this with fresh garlic it would be too strong and I would stink.LOL

But I had this on hand and just tried it and it worked. Didn't burn my mouth or stomach and didn't give me really bad garlic breath because it is a little weaker than fresh but damn that stuff does work and doesn't taste that bad. Probably because I have been craving it. I had a salad tonight and put a couple teaspoons on it along with dressing. So that is a way it can be taken rather than just slurping it off a spoon.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1550123

This is sound, practical advice that could seriously improve the immune system of all people (suffering and healthy) as well as offers an inexpensive delivery system (protocol) using a very common and plentiful and safe herb (sourcing it).

Well done. I hope some people try it.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/12/2013 06:51 PM
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/12/2013 06:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Don'tBeAfraid,

I hope you have sweet sleep awaiting you.

sleep

You are pretty special and I hope your boyfriend and family comprehend that.

I can't sleep much. There is too much to do. The number of sick people is going up exponentially. It may go up logarithmically.

In medicine, what few statistics usually indicate 1 in 20 of the amount that are truly sick in a population...or worse.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 06:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
spent the night in the E.R. night before last due to diverticulitis. Don't think it could be part of a wider spread deal tho. But yea, I feel like shit ha
 Quoting: DREWFMX

now this is a new widespread problem... i have known 13 people to be diagnosed with and operated on! i am trying to figure out what they are doing that i am not and keep it that way.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3946954

The main reason people get diverticulitis is simple. People eat a lot of processed food. It's junk food with poor nutrion, terrible additive to enhance flavor (since it tastes like crap) and salt (increased blood pressure) and no natural fiber. To save money since people are more conscious of eating fiber, they add a filler made from wood called cellulose. That's abnormal fiber. Why not just eat cardboard?

If you keep putting that junk in your body, then your waste is not swept from the numerous folds of the intestines. It applied pressure and causes weakness in the walls of the large intestine. Some people even fail to have a bowel movement every day. That's shocking. All of that, plus family history, causes diverticulitis.

It's not caused by things like respiratory infection, but it could be caused by numerous gasteroenteritis. When you take an antibiotic, it kills a lot of helpful bacteria in the gut (intestines). Then a lot of people don't eat probiotics (food with good bacteria like lactobaccilis). Yogurt and kefir have it and the latter is delicious. It's a sweet drink that's more common now, probably due to more immigrants from Russia. Try it, they even make a lactose-free kind for people sensitive to milk.

Doing those things will really help you.

uh, ok. my wife was one of the 13. she is vegan and an alternative lifestyle tree hugger new ager... i'm an asshole and eat mcdonalds, drink hfcs straight up... oh and i smoke... yet HER guts are rotting, not mine :)

Stress can cause this. Mental, emotional and physical. We have A LOT of stress these days and it really affects digestion and the bowels. People need to find a way to relax and let go and they would see their bowel troubles get better. I eat a good diet and stress hits me right in the stomach and bowels and until I deal with it I just won't 'go'. Some magnesium supplements do help though. And some wine to just calm things down. A beer wouldn't hurt either if the person can drink alcohol. If they can't, camomile tea will help to calm a person down. And there are some calming herbs as well that a person can google like kava.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 07:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

The main reason people get diverticulitis is simple. People eat a lot of processed food. It's junk food with poor nutrion, terrible additive to enhance flavor (since it tastes like crap) and salt (increased blood pressure) and no natural fiber. To save money since people are more conscious of eating fiber, they add a filler made from wood called cellulose. That's abnormal fiber. Why not just eat cardboard?

If you keep putting that junk in your body, then your waste is not swept from the numerous folds of the intestines. It applied pressure and causes weakness in the walls of the large intestine. Some people even fail to have a bowel movement every day. That's shocking. All of that, plus family history, causes diverticulitis.

It's not caused by things like respiratory infection, but it could be caused by numerous gasteroenteritis. When you take an antibiotic, it kills a lot of helpful bacteria in the gut (intestines). Then a lot of people don't eat probiotics (food with good bacteria like lactobaccilis). Yogurt and kefir have it and the latter is delicious. It's a sweet drink that's more common now, probably due to more immigrants from Russia. Try it, they even make a lactose-free kind for people sensitive to milk.

Doing those things will really help you.

uh, ok. my wife was one of the 13. she is vegan and an alternative lifestyle tree hugger new ager... i'm an asshole and eat mcdonalds, drink hfcs straight up... oh and i smoke... yet HER guts are rotting, not mine :)

Well you have a stout constitution! I added some things while you posted. Re-read my reply. Some of it, might help her.

Total vegan? I hope not. While milk is not a great food, kefir is a very good food. I hope she considers eating some of it.

A woman as she gets 30+ need good sources of calcium. Beans are rich in them, but a lot of calcium in vegan food is poorly absorbed and hence not bioavailable in high numbers. Some of those calcium sources also have oxalate in them, and hence in a woman could cause gallstones.

you don't understand she is the one in my circle of people handing out this advise and long before she ever got it. she hates the way i eat and i can barely afford the way she wants to/ does eat. same with my aunt, she was always offended at the way i was raised and the foods i ate. guess who got diagnosed last year? yup, her.

everyone i know, including me, who live polar opposite to your advise have little to no health problems. i am actually very concerned and am trying to figure out the major difference in diet, between me and them. the only thing i have so far is they ate seafood, i can't stand it. unfortunately that is not the answer i am looking for, because i know plenty of people that eat seafood that don't have that problem.

i actually feel really bad for my wife and 10 of the 13 others. they care and go to great efforts to care for themselves. while people like me will just up and have a massive heart attack... boom done with it! while they fall apart slowly and suffer for decades...

Again, it is not what they are eating or not eating. It is their thinking. Sometimes people who eat 'healthy' or live so called healthy lives can and do become very judgmental and that just wrecks them up inside. They become very uptight and their body follows. You on the other hand seem to be a live and let live kind of person who isn't going to take much crap from anyone because you do what you want to do and let others do what they want. You most likely let things go and are relaxed. With an attitude like that you will outlive many people who are trying to do the so called right thing and are pissed off with their lifestyle because others aren't following along with what they think is right. I guess you see where I am coming from. Google up if you want the emotional aspects of health and you will find that thinking and attitude are everything.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 07:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
you don't understand she is the one in my circle of people handing out this advise and long before she ever got it. she hates the way i eat and i can barely afford the way she wants to/ does eat. same with my aunt, she was always offended at the way i was raised and the foods i ate. guess who got diagnosed last year? yup, her.

everyone i know, including me, who live polar opposite to your advise have little to no health problems. i am actually very concerned and am trying to figure out the major difference in diet, between me and them. the only thing i have so far is they ate seafood, i can't stand it. unfortunately that is not the answer i am looking for, because i know plenty of people that eat seafood that don't have that problem.

i actually feel really bad for my wife and 10 of the 13 others. they care and go to great efforts to care for themselves. while people like me will just up and have a massive heart attack... boom done with it! while they fall apart slowly and suffer for decades...

That surprised me. I guess they aren't strict vegans since eating fish.

Fish in the Gulf was very polluted with Corexit. Fish on the Pacific coast is getting radioactive isotopes from Fukushima (ongoing). I wouldn't eat foods from the sea, especially seaweeds and many probably come from either area.

They're naturally going to concentrate the isotopes .

You also have to be careful eating big fish(tuna, shark, mahi mahi etc) because they are full of mercury. That will eventually mess up the brain big time and of course the thinking. People with mercury poisoning become very angry. The saying 'mad as a hatter' comes from mercury poisoning since they used mercury in hat making many many decades ago.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 16845676
United States
01/12/2013 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
grouphug
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Moral of this thread. Smoke cigarettes and you won't get sick.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8379586

I just don't trust what is in tobacco these days. There are other ways to keep from getting sick though. Less expensive and less addictive. And less smelly. :0)
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 07:10 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Texan Buckeye

Those old docs were the best. Now we have to be our own doctors.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

And if you take enough it is good for occasional constipation. Soaking in it is good for the nerves.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23794435
United States
01/12/2013 07:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, with a caveat. It's given intravenously (IV). That means that someone at home couldn't do it. It might be that someone could figure out a way.

IV solutions directly enter the bloodstream. When a drug is usually given orally, it goes into the stomach, and then there are arteries around the stomach, and the drug passes across into these. Then the drug circulates and passes through the liver. Then over many treatments, the liver finally allows (first pass effect)the drug to pass more of more into the blood, for it restricts it until it overcomes the liver's ability to filter. They it reaches a therapeutic dose.

The kidneys do that too.

That means it would take a long long time to work orally, if at all.

Sublingual is a methodology that bypasses the first pass effect of the liver. It's under the tongue. It's possible one could try that to see if it produces a quick means of allieviating asthma by brochodialation.

When someone needs brochodialation, it is often an emergency and you need speed. As such, oral ingestion might not be quick enough to aid the patient's distress.

So unless you have an IV and a pure way to create a solution of the proper strength, then probably not.

Magnesium is a powerful regulator of the heart too, so you could, if in error of the correct percentages, stop or speed up the heart, which is dangerous.

Magnesium Chloride is also good for the lungs, as well as baking soda. You can nebulize them.

[link to drsircus.com]

[link to drsircus.com]

Baking Soda Orally For Cold and Flu:

"........."I have advocated the use of Bicarbonate of Soda as a preventive for “Colds,” with the result that now many reports are coming in stating that those who took “Soda” were not affected, while nearly every one around them had the “Flu.”

Recommended dosages from the Arm and Hammer Company for colds and influenza back in 1925 were:
During the first day take six doses of half teaspoonful of Arm & Hammer Bicarbonate of Soda in glass of cool water, at about two hour intervals.

During the second day take four doses of half teaspoonful of Arm and Hammer Bicarbonate of Soda in glass of cool water, at the same intervals.

During the third day take two doses of half teaspoonful of Arm and Hammer Bicarbonate of Soda in glass of cool water morning and evening, and thereafter half teaspoonful in glass of cool water each morning until cold is cured."

More at:

[link to drsircus.com]

[link to www.drmyhill.co.uk]
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 07:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

ingredients
2 Tablespoons of Honey

Sip till done.

Repeat every 3-6 hours.

Good recipe.

This is sound, practical advice that could seriously improve the immune system of all people (suffering and healthy) as well as offers an inexpensive delivery system (protocol) using a very common and plentiful and safe herb (sourcing it).

So do I. It is cheap and it works. I put some in my kid's salad tonight. They were like 'what the heck?'LOL I guess I added a bit too much.hehe One ate it and the other just ate half. I'll just add half the amount next time until they get use to it. Add it to the salad dressing and it is so good. I suppose I could have blended it up though and they probably wouldn't have known it was there.

I also love hot rolls smothered in chopped garlic and olive oil. The garlic could also be blended up into V8 juice with some added cayenne pepper for kick. And don't forget adding it to pasta and the sauce. Garlic has become my best friend especially since I can buy it already chopped up and it doesn't cost much. And it works fast especially when you take a heaping tablespoon. :0)
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 07:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

ingredients
2 Tablespoons of Honey

Sip till done.

Repeat every 3-6 hours.

Good recipe.

So do I. It is cheap and it works. I put some in my kid's salad tonight. They were like 'what the heck?'LOL I guess I added a bit too much.hehe One ate it and the other just ate half. I'll just add half the amount next time until they get use to it. Add it to the salad dressing and it is so good. I suppose I could have blended it up though and they probably wouldn't have known it was there.

I also love hot rolls smothered in chopped garlic and olive oil. The garlic could also be blended up into V8 juice with some added cayenne pepper for kick. And don't forget adding it to pasta and the sauce. Garlic has become my best friend especially since I can buy it already chopped up and it doesn't cost much. And it works fast especially when you take a heaping tablespoon. :0)

BTW, I bought my big tub of garlic from Food Lion in the produce section but Walmart has it also in the produce section. I am sure all supermarkets have it. I just get the biggest jar they have.

GLP