Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,627 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 434,237
Pageviews Today: 697,522Threads Today: 201Posts Today: 3,523
07:26 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands

insertfunnyusername  (OP)

User ID: 31610536
Greece
01/07/2013 01:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands
This will be far bigger than Imia but i think they'll go for Cyprus first tbh, the island is completely abandoned and unprotected.
 Quoting: insertfunnyusername

Either mobilization against the Republic of Cyprus or naval blocade/invasion of Megisti-Rho-Stroggyli. Could also be Western Thrace and "riots" from the Muslim minority a la Kossovo.
 Quoting: An Ordinary Greek 31694664

Kastelorizo (megisti) will obviously be a target. It's not by chance that the ex-pm freemason Papandreou from all the places in Greece decided to ask for ECB/IMF support from this tiny lil' island a couple of years back.

Idol1

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 01/07/2013 01:10 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31629472
Israel
01/07/2013 01:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands
However Turkey seems is an great ally to Israel. The zionist regime seems has a lot of power in Turkey as well...

[
 Quoting: DUCM900

They're supposed to be enemies the last couple of years, although US is pressing them to be friends again due to the the regional tensions and many meetings for reconciliation have taken place and some analysts consider them successful. Greece/Cyprus/Israel have signed a strategic and energy alliance. No idea if the alliances will change if SHTF, the only thing i know is that Israeli officials have stated that they prefer Turkey more than Greece as an ally because of her geographic position in the ME and Caucasus, but the average Israeli person prefers the friendship with Greece than Turkey.

:this1:

(green txt)

the govermant have already changed its mind to.. the turks made demands israel cant keep and thats why israel stoped sevral weapon deals with turkey since we dont want them to have more of our weapons if a conflict starts. if turkey attcks cyprus/greece then israel will either get involved on cyprus/greece side or will just not get involved but its most likely that israeli fighters and troops will be moved to cyprus to protact it since we got energy deals with them worth 400billion+ dollars.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31695924
Italy
01/07/2013 01:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
may will bring the war
An Ordinary Greek
User ID: 31694664
Greece
01/07/2013 01:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
the govermant have already changed its mind to.. the turks made demands israel cant keep and thats why israel stoped sevral weapon deals with turkey since we dont want them to have more of our weapons if a conflict starts. if turkey attcks cyprus/greece then israel will either get involved on cyprus/greece side or will just not get involved but its most likely that israeli fighters and troops will be moved to cyprus to protact it since we got energy deals with them worth 400billion+ dollars.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31629472

I'm afraid that this is impossible 'cos there's a possibility the Syrian "crisis" to go way below the Golan Heights.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31695924
Italy
01/07/2013 01:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm afraid that this is impossible 'cos there's a possibility the Syrian "crisis" to go way below the Golan Heights.
 Quoting: An Ordinary Greek 31694664

Zion post war maps include Cyprus on Israel territory

Maybe Turkey speaking with a zion arm in their ass will attack Greece so both will be busy while Israel will secure their so awaited outland base and oil.

anyway Turkey and Israel are first in queue to be nuked by Russia so I wont be that upset for Greece.

Greece
01/07/2013 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

Sultan Erdogan has gone a bit crazy and intransigent on the subject, illusions of grandeur and all that, i believe he is an agent with a mission to destroy Turkey. According to the pacts signed Israel will defend Cyprus but i fear that soon Israel will have her hands full on Syria/Lebanon, let's hope that nothing major will happen, Cyprus has suffered more than enough so far.

Greece
01/07/2013 01:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
may will bring the war
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31695924

May is a key month for this.
An Ordinary Greek
User ID: 31697766
Greece
01/07/2013 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
We'll wait and see. Oh and btw, several Greek started spreading rumors of a possible "call-up".
Ostria1

User ID: 29325791
Greece
01/07/2013 01:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Dont forget Libya, we already have their veto on the oil exploration under Crete.

Oil Exploration and Production in Libya Offers New Horizons for Turkey

[link to www.turkishweekly.net]

(this is greek)
[link to www.iefimerida.gr]

Last Edited by Ostria1 on 01/07/2013 01:42 PM
Ostria

Greece
01/07/2013 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
We'll wait and see. Oh and btw, several Greek started spreading rumors of a possible "call-up".
 Quoting: An Ordinary Greek 31697766

Already? chuckle
I don't think that this will go that far that the reserves will be needed. Not that i'm sure about this, but if the unfortunate happens will be an Imia incident or a 2-day conflict at most.

Greece
01/07/2013 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Dont forget Libya, we already have their veto on the oil exploration under Crete.

Oil Exploration and Production in Libya Offers New Horizons for Turkey

[link to www.turkishweekly.net]

(this is greek)
[link to www.iefimerida.gr]
 Quoting: Ostria1

Hey Ostria. hf Libya is playing hard ball on this, Albania too.

This is a good read presenting the Libyan positions on the matter.
[link to www.analystsforchange.org]
DUCM900

User ID: 31694363
Italy
01/07/2013 01:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
They planned all this since almost 20 years. I guess that the next step is to own all the Africa's regions.

[
An Ordinary Greek
Greece
01/07/2013 01:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Already? chuckle
I don't think that this will go that far that the reserves will be needed. Not that i'm sure about this, but if the unfortunate happens will be an Imia incident or a 2-day conflict at most.

Possibly a 1987-like mobilization in terms of call-up. Partial for large cities, full-scale National Guard call-up for the island/Thrace regions.

Greece
01/07/2013 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
They planned all this since almost 20 years. I guess that the next step is to own all the Africa's regions.

[

Yep. Lots of things are happening in Africa this year but the MSM coverage is minimal.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1762228
Hungary
01/07/2013 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
well from what I observed in the last couple years, Turkey (on a government level at least)is more talk than action. They have been threatening of 'measures' against Syria for months, yet haven't really done a thing when there was some real conflict along the borders. but of course you can never know, maybe going into a conflict with Greece is already planned out on higher levels...
anyways, however it will play out, I wish Greece will be on the winning side. we don't need an other Ottoman Empire trying to expand its territories...
btw on the long run the future for Turkey is not so bright in my opinion. a big rise of population in the last few decades, and the natural resources of the country aren't so rich- by this I mean drinking water, and enough fertile soil. not to mention the big risk of earthquakes in the most densely populated areas.

Greece
01/07/2013 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Already? chuckle

Possibly a 1987-like mobilization in terms of call-up. Partial for large cities, full-scale National Guard call-up for the island/Thrace regions.

Doom on. shroomshroomshroom

I'm still waiting the reaction of the Greek govt on Davutoglu threats btw, can't see it coming tonight.
An Ordinary Greek
Greece
01/07/2013 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, Avramopoulos needs to wear his Raybans and blazers first. chuckle

Greece
01/07/2013 02:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
well from what I observed in the last couple years, Turkey (on a government level at least)is more talk than action. They have been threatening of 'measures' against Syria for months, yet haven't really done a thing when there was some real conflict along the borders. but of course you can never know, maybe going into a conflict with Greece is already planned out on higher levels...
anyways, however it will play out, I wish Greece will be on the winning side. we don't need an other Ottoman Empire trying to expand its territories...
btw on the long run the future for Turkey is not so bright in my opinion. a big rise of population in the last few decades, and the natural resources of the country aren't so rich- by this I mean drinking water, and enough fertile soil. not to mention the big risk of earthquakes in the most densely populated areas.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1762228

They are balls-in in Syria, Turkish citizens are fighting in Syria for months now. I believe they don't react coz they know the endgame if they get involved, they have so many fronts open it's unreal. I agree that this conflict have been planned long time ago. Ottoman Empire is long gone, very few will accept something like this again in the Balkans and Med, we've seen it before, it won't happen.

Greece
01/07/2013 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, Avramopoulos needs to wear his Raybans and blazers first. chuckle

lol

I'm very worried if a potential conflict occurs with these guys in charge though. Pretty friggin scary.
DUCM900

Italy
01/07/2013 02:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Take a look at this interactive map, then in you want, feel free to comment something...

>>> [link to chartsbin.com]

[
An Ordinary Greek
Greece
01/07/2013 02:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
At least we don't have that fat-ass Pagkalos and a stupid Chief of National Defence General Staff (Liberis) who had no idea of what to do. Especially Liberis who, against common sense, decided to send Navy's frogmen to Imia whilst Army's Paratroopers were ready for deployment.
DUCM900

Italy
01/07/2013 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

[

Yep. Lots of things are happening in Africa this year but the MSM coverage is minimal.

This is the first official version by the MSM (6 month ago):

Thread: Obama Sending US Troops To Africa To Defend His Kenyan Birthplace

cruise

[

Greece
01/07/2013 02:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
At least we don't have that fat-ass Pagkalos and a stupid Chief of National Defence General Staff (Liberis) who had no idea of what to do. Especially Liberis who, against common sense, decided to send Navy's frogmen to Imia whilst Army's Paratroopers were ready for deployment.

Yep, we don't have them but others equally traitorous politicians, no complains about the army but they don't make the calls.

This is the first official version by the MSM (6 month ago):

Thread: Obama Sending US Troops To Africa To Defend His Kenyan Birthplace

cruise

[

chuckle
MHz

User ID: 25505891
Canada
01/07/2013 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Greece is expected to respond with lots of big military drills in the related regions, one of them with Israeli air-force from what i've read recently.

Israel wants to lease a large part of Cyprus off Greece for a 99 year lease so they can develop the gas field as they are out of anything Israel can hope to claim via their own borders.

[link to www.jpost.com]
Our fast-developing relations with Cyprus are also fostered by mutual fossil energy interests. The Cyprus Energy Regulatory Authority, the country’s national energy company and two Israeli firms – Delek Drilling and Avner Oil Exploration – hold shares in Texas-based Noble Energy, an oil and gas exploration firm. Noble has been leading exploration and exploitation of oil and gas reserves under the Mediterranean Sea in areas delineated in a December 2010 agreement between Jerusalem and Nicosia as part of the two countries’ Exclusive Economic Zones. Tamar, the world’s largest gas find in 2009, and Leviathan, an even bigger gas field, will supply all our domestic needs and provide significant export revenues as well.

[link to www.defencegreece.com]
Judethz

User ID: 20521597
United Kingdom
01/07/2013 02:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
i'm surprised there's not more interest in this. other players include cyprus, israel, lebanon.
 Quoting: Swinburnian

sunnysmilecyprusdrill

Cyprus has a joint oil exploration/military pact with Israel.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16260460
Romania
01/07/2013 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey there Insert ! cheers

I really hope those Ottoman pricks keep their slimy paws off Greece !

Your great country has been around for thousands of years and it will be around long after this !

Hopefully the US won't allow those Turkish bastards to attack Greece but with Hussein Obummer in power...nothing is certain !
Albanian
User ID: 12582427
Canada
01/07/2013 02:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
FYI, turkey could single handedly take out greece, cyprus and israel without any help whatsoever. The Turkish Army is currently in 6th place, right behind the us, china and russia..

The greeks should really STFU, cuz basbug who's Albanian has been the general of the Turkish army for over 4 decades.
An Ordinary Greek
Greece
01/07/2013 03:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
The same Turkish Army that cannot defeat some Kurds? chuckle.

Oh and btw, you Albanians are completely stupid for giving power to the same person that stole your money with the massive Ponzi Scheme in 1997.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
01/07/2013 03:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
FYI, turkey could single handedly take out greece, cyprus and israel without any help whatsoever. The Turkish Army is currently in 6th place, right behind the us, china and russia..

The greeks should really STFU, cuz basbug who's Albanian has been the general of the Turkish army for over 4 decades.
 Quoting: Albanian 12582427

are you missing fingers?

Greece
01/07/2013 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Greece is expected to respond with lots of big military drills in the related regions, one of them with Israeli air-force from what i've read recently.

Israel wants to lease a large part of Cyprus off Greece for a 99 year lease so they can develop the gas field as they are out of anything Israel can hope to claim via their own borders.

[link to www.jpost.com]
Our fast-developing relations with Cyprus are also fostered by mutual fossil energy interests. The Cyprus Energy Regulatory Authority, the country’s national energy company and two Israeli firms – Delek Drilling and Avner Oil Exploration – hold shares in Texas-based Noble Energy, an oil and gas exploration firm. Noble has been leading exploration and exploitation of oil and gas reserves under the Mediterranean Sea in areas delineated in a December 2010 agreement between Jerusalem and Nicosia as part of the two countries’ Exclusive Economic Zones. Tamar, the world’s largest gas find in 2009, and Leviathan, an even bigger gas field, will supply all our domestic needs and provide significant export revenues as well.

[link to www.defencegreece.com]
 Quoting: MHz

Thanks for links. cheers

That's the plan here, a pipeline from Leviathan to Cyprus, then Crete-Greece, then Europe. Turkey wants to be the biggest energy hub in the region too.

GLP