Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,146 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,027,805
Pageviews Today: 1,843,791Threads Today: 801Posts Today: 14,129
08:52 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands

insertfunnyusername  (OP)

User ID: 31610536
Greece
01/07/2013 03:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands
Hey there Insert ! cheers

I really hope those Ottoman pricks keep their slimy paws off Greece !

Your great country has been around for thousands of years and it will be around long after this !

Hopefully the US won't allow those Turkish bastards to attack Greece but with Hussein Obummer in power...nothing is certain !
 Quoting: subzero86

Hey SZ86, thnx for great words. hf
US role in this remains to be seen imo, but we can't be sure about them tbh, we've been burned sometimes in the past, particularly this past century.

Greece
01/07/2013 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands
FYI, turkey could single handedly take out greece, cyprus and israel without any help whatsoever. The Turkish Army is currently in 6th place, right behind the us, china and russia..

The greeks should really STFU, cuz basbug who's Albanian has been the general of the Turkish army for over 4 decades.
 Quoting: Albanian 12582427

Clear case of an Albanian neo-ottomantard.

neoottomantard
An Ordinary Greek
User ID: 31697766
Greece
01/07/2013 03:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
We have to see when the USA signs the UNCLOS for the North Pole EEZ. 'Cos then Turkey we'll be diplomatically isolated.

Greece
01/07/2013 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
We have to see when the USA signs the UNCLOS for the North Pole EEZ. 'Cos then Turkey we'll be diplomatically isolated.
 Quoting: An Ordinary Greek 31697766

I think they were supposed to sign it this year but then changed their minds again. 162 countries have signed the Law of Sea so far.
An Ordinary Greek
Greece
01/07/2013 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
We need US ratification of the Treaty, 'cos otherwise they won't accept any Greek unilateral declaration of the EEZ.
Albanian
User ID: 12582427
Canada
01/07/2013 04:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Op im a realist. Greece keeps pushing it's boundaries with the Turks, but you forget what happened to you during the Ottoman Empire, the west will not help you against turkey, and it's not like they can anyways.turkey is too powerful for its surrounding neighbours... I suggest you shut up and lay low instead of trying to act big cuz we both know how that'll turn out. You know that video on YouTube where the Greek PM was asking turkey to please respect Greek boundaries and not enter Greek airspace? You know what happened ? Erdogan literally laughed him out of the conference !!

Greece
01/07/2013 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
We need US ratification of the Treaty, 'cos otherwise they won't accept any Greek unilateral declaration of the EEZ.

Can't see that happening tbh. They will lose all of the Arctic energy deposits to Russia.

Greece
01/07/2013 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Op im a realist. Greece keeps pushing it's boundaries with the Turks, but you forget what happened to you during the Ottoman Empire, the west will not help you against turkey, and it's not like they can anyways.turkey is too powerful for its surrounding neighbours... I suggest you shut up and lay low instead of trying to act big cuz we both know how that'll turn out. You know that video on YouTube where the Greek PM was asking turkey to please respect Greek boundaries and not enter Greek airspace? You know what happened ? Erdogan literally laughed him out of the conference !!

You're not a realist, as your handle says you're Albanian and that says it all on the matter and your views, Albanians are Turkish suckups end of story. I dunno why you talk to me like i'm in the Greek govt and made this fucking decision or i'm war-mongering towards someone here, i'm just reporting the news and trying to be as neutral as i can possible be, i won't play your armchair general game here, grow up, if you expect me to be fearful of the Turks and bend over then i'm sorry, can't give you that pleasure coz i'm not afraid of something here, whatever is destined to happen it will happen and i can't do shit to change it.

yoda
An Ordinary Greek
Greece
01/07/2013 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Shouldn't that be the case if not ratifying the UNCLOS? I keep reading that the US, in order to exercise its right to the Arctic region, need to accepts the UNCLOS.
recollector

User ID: 26964049
United Kingdom
01/07/2013 04:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
i'm surprised there's not more interest in this. other players include cyprus, israel, lebanon.
 Quoting: Swinburnian

Israel and Cyprus side with Greece.

So much for Turkey having acces to Mediteranean oil.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
01/07/2013 04:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
i'm surprised there's not more interest in this. other players include cyprus, israel, lebanon.

Quoting: recollector

it's not how you side that counts, it's how much
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16260460
Romania
01/07/2013 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Unfortunately, in a military conflict that won't count for much, Turkey is just to powerful for regional players to handle, even if Israel steps in and tries to defend Greece they can't do much more than delay the inevitable...short of nuking Turkey !

The US needs to step up to the plate and keep its hound-dog (Turkey) on a leash otherwise things will get very messy very fast in the Middle East !

Greece
01/07/2013 04:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Shouldn't that be the case if not ratifying the UNCLOS? I keep reading that the US, in order to exercise its right to the Arctic region, need to accepts the UNCLOS.

US is acting in the Arctic exactly as Turkey is acting in the Med/Aegean, it's not in their interests to sign it. It would be great news if they signed the damn thing but can't see them doing it before the fireworks, would love to be proven wrong on this.
Albanian
User ID: 12582427
Canada
01/07/2013 04:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Unfortunately, in a military conflict that won't count for much, Turkey is just to powerful for regional players to handle, even if Israel steps in and tries to defend Greece they can't do much more than delay the inevitable...short of nuking Turkey !

The US needs to step up to the plate and keep its hound-dog (Turkey) on a leash otherwise things will get very messy very fast in the Middle East !

[googlevid]. Well put, even the us can't do much against turkey, remember in military might, turkey is first in Europe, so even the US can't do much because they really need to be on turkeys corner as turkey is literally the key ally between east and west

Greece
01/07/2013 04:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Turkey is the next country to be hit by Arab Spring after Syria, you can bet on this. Don't be fooled by the one state one language propaganda, their population is not homogenous at all and i'm not talking only about the Kurds here.

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 01/07/2013 04:41 PM
Anonymous Coward
Romania
01/07/2013 04:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
[googlevid]. Well put, even the us can't do much against turkey, remember in military might, turkey is first in Europe, so even the US can't do much because they really need to be on turkeys corner as turkey is literally the key ally between east and west

Turkey will never go against the US, so if America doesn't give the green light, they won't do jack shit !

Strictly from a military standpoint Turkey might be powerful but against the US...surely you have to realize they wouldn't last long !
An Ordinary Greek
Greece
01/07/2013 04:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Kurds are months away of declaring independence. Time will tell if it'll the Syrian Kurds, the Turkish, or the Iraqi Kurds that are going to make the first step.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
01/07/2013 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

US is acting in the Arctic exactly as Turkey is acting in the Med/Aegean, it's not in their interests to sign it. It would be great news if they signed the damn thing but can't see them doing it before the fireworks, would love to be proven wrong on this.
 Quoting: insertfunnyusername

yup
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31680953
Germany
01/07/2013 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
And what about the untold number of muslim immigrants (legal or illegal) in Greece. Who would they side with?

Greece
01/07/2013 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
And what about the untold number of muslim immigrants (legal or illegal) in Greece. Who would they side with?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31680953

If shtf, they will revolt, thousands of sleeper cells between them waiting the right moment to take action. Legals are not a problem, huge number of illegals is.

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 01/07/2013 05:01 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30857551
Australia
01/07/2013 05:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi OP, long time. HNY. Great thread, and refreshing to see so many well thought out, intelligent replys.

Greece
01/07/2013 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi OP, long time. HNY. Great thread, and refreshing to see so many well thought out, intelligent replys.
 Quoting: BadHairDay

Hi BadHairDay, great screen name, lol. Thnx for kind words. HNY to you too. greenkarma
cheers

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 01/07/2013 05:07 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31629472
Israel
01/07/2013 05:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
you guys think that globalfirepower is so credible but your wrong.. the ranking just counts numbers it doesnt count the skill and experience of the armies and the currect commanders and technologis.
1)turkeys army atm has no skilled command. erdogan jailed his skilled command when he took over the country.
2)turkey gets some of its weapons from israel so its safe to say that israel hes more advanced weapons then turkey(Espacilly air based).
when it comes to cyprus they wont be able to take it since israel will most likely defeat their airforce and navy. just look at the amount of experience israel has with its air force and the turkish airforce experience and the actual numbers of advanced jet fighters and not aircrafts or jetfighters in general.
when it comes to greece i think israel will be able to only support it via arms and mybe some air cover but greece will have to fight turkey and in a conflict like that with the turkish navy and airforce stuck fighting israel i think the turks will have hard time.
the other thing that could happen is egypt joining in to help their muslim brotherhood friends in the turkish govermant wich will cuase a hard mayjor war that i cant predict who wins but i know that israel will not get invaded becuase if it does then both turkey and egypt will become nuclear wastelands so its most likely going to be egypts navy and airforce fighting with the turks against israel over cyprus.

anyway thats what i think as an objective man(atlast i try to be) with experience as a officer in the israeli army but on a final note i'd like to state that no one can know how any war will end becuase wars are determined by what happens in the field and not by numbers and analysis on paper.
Lets just hope that war wont break
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30857551
Australia
01/07/2013 05:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hesitant to bring the quality of this thread down, - but it is a conspiracy site!

I am wondering whether oil exploration is a cover for other explorations of megalithic structures that each faction (not country) seems to be collecting.

Greece
01/07/2013 05:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
you guys think that globalfirepower is so credible but your wrong.. the ranking just counts numbers it doesnt count the skill and experience of the armies and the currect commanders and technologis.
1)turkeys army atm has no skilled command. erdogan jailed his skilled command when he took over the country.
2)turkey gets some of its weapons from israel so its safe to say that israel hes more advanced weapons then turkey(Espacilly air based).
when it comes to cyprus they wont be able to take it since israel will most likely defeat their airforce and navy. just look at the amount of experience israel has with its air force and the turkish airforce experience and the actual numbers of advanced jet fighters and not aircrafts or jetfighters in general.
when it comes to greece i think israel will be able to only support it via arms and mybe some air cover but greece will have to fight turkey and in a conflict like that with the turkish navy and airforce stuck fighting israel i think the turks will have hard time.
the other thing that could happen is egypt joining in to help their muslim brotherhood friends in the turkish govermant wich will cuase a hard mayjor war that i cant predict who wins but i know that israel will not get invaded becuase if it does then both turkey and egypt will become nuclear wastelands so its most likely going to be egypts navy and airforce fighting with the turks against israel over cyprus.

anyway thats what i think as an objective man(atlast i try to be) with experience as a officer in the israeli army but on a final note i'd like to state that no one can know how any war will end becuase wars are determined by what happens in the field and not by numbers and analysis on paper.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31629472

Agree that you can never foretell the outcome of any conflict, armchair generals think that real life is like the playstation game they're playing in their basement. So many alternative scenarios and so many players involved in this that you can't take anything for granted. As you said, lets just hope that war wont break out.

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 01/07/2013 05:44 PM
Keep Smiling

User ID: 72261
New Zealand
01/07/2013 05:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Very refreshing!! Excellent thread.
Ostria1

User ID: 29325791
Greece
01/07/2013 05:48 PM

Report Abusive Post
In case of a real conflict you leave out the Russians? I dont think so..
Ostria

Greece
01/07/2013 05:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hesitant to bring the quality of this thread down, - but it is a conspiracy site!

I am wondering whether oil exploration is a cover for other explorations of megalithic structures that each faction (not country) seems to be collecting.

Dunno something about factions that collect megalithic structures, do tell please. :)

Very refreshing!! Excellent thread.
 Quoting: Keep Smiling

cheers
Anonymous Coward
Romania
01/07/2013 05:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31629472

Anyway you put it, this is a grim scenario for everyone involved...God help the IDF if Israel is gonna have to fight both Egypt and Turkey at the same time !

I have incredible confidence in the brave men and women of the IDF but I'm afraid that without US support, Israel won't be able to defend its borders against Egypt and defend Greece from Turkey via air and navy operations at the same time, not for a long period of time anyway !

Not to mention Hezbollah and Hamas which won't just sit still while all that is going on !

If Obama doesn't intervene that whole region will become one giant hellhole !

Greece
01/07/2013 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
In case of a real conflict you leave out the Russians? I dont think so..
 Quoting: Ostria1

Exactly. ;) Russians in this case want international law to be applied so the same can be done in the Arctic. And that's without counting how pissed off they are with the Caucasus issue and the support Turkey is giving to the islamist radicals there. Russians are moving lots of troops and weapons in Armenia/Caucasus lately.

GLP