Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,061 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,102,530
Pageviews Today: 1,993,944Threads Today: 879Posts Today: 15,340
10:30 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31680953
Germany
01/07/2013 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands
I have incredible confidence in the brave men and women of the IDF but I'm afraid that without US support, Israel won't be able to defend its borders against Egypt and defend Greece from Turkey via air and navy operations at the same time, not for a long period of time anyway !

Quoting: subzero86

Don't get my hopes high.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16260460
Romania
01/07/2013 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands
Don't get my hopes high.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31680953

fuckoff2
Albanian
User ID: 12582427
Canada
01/07/2013 08:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
you guys think that globalfirepower is so credible but your wrong.. the ranking just counts numbers it doesnt count the skill and experience of the armies and the currect commanders and technologis.
1)turkeys army atm has no skilled command. erdogan jailed his skilled command when he took over the country.
2)turkey gets some of its weapons from israel so its safe to say that israel hes more advanced weapons then turkey(Espacilly air based).
when it comes to cyprus they wont be able to take it since israel will most likely defeat their airforce and navy. just look at the amount of experience israel has with its air force and the turkish airforce experience and the actual numbers of advanced jet fighters and not aircrafts or jetfighters in general.
when it comes to greece i think israel will be able to only support it via arms and mybe some air cover but greece will have to fight turkey and in a conflict like that with the turkish navy and airforce stuck fighting israel i think the turks will have hard time.
the other thing that could happen is egypt joining in to help their muslim brotherhood friends in the turkish govermant wich will cuase a hard mayjor war that i cant predict who wins but i know that israel will not get invaded becuase if it does then both turkey and egypt will become nuclear wastelands so its most likely going to be egypts navy and airforce fighting with the turks against israel over cyprus.

anyway thats what i think as an objective man(atlast i try to be) with experience as a officer in the israeli army but on a final note i'd like to state that no one can know how any war will end becuase wars are determined by what happens in the field and not by numbers and analysis on paper.
Lets just hope that war wont break
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31629472

You and I both know that history repeats itself. Back in the day, the ottoman empire controlled a good chunk of the world. The ottomans were almost all turkish, and as an albanian, i can say that they couldnt do any of that without superior albanian command (i.e. Ali Pasha the albanian who controlled the middle east).

My point is that the turks have always been ruthless, never a peoples to fuck with, because the majority of people who fuck with them will eventually lose. Look at them today, 6th biggest standing army, advanced technology, an army that even israel cant do jack shit to, and thats just a fact, not merely my opinion..

So if shit is to hit the fan with turkey, the world will see..
Anonymous Coward
Germany
01/07/2013 08:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
you guys think that globalfirepower is so credible but your wrong.. the ranking just counts numbers it doesnt count the skill and experience of the armies and the currect commanders and technologis.
1)turkeys army atm has no skilled command. erdogan jailed his skilled command when he took over the country.
2)turkey gets some of its weapons from israel so its safe to say that israel hes more advanced weapons then turkey(Espacilly air based).
when it comes to cyprus they wont be able to take it since israel will most likely defeat their airforce and navy. just look at the amount of experience israel has with its air force and the turkish airforce experience and the actual numbers of advanced jet fighters and not aircrafts or jetfighters in general.
when it comes to greece i think israel will be able to only support it via arms and mybe some air cover but greece will have to fight turkey and in a conflict like that with the turkish navy and airforce stuck fighting israel i think the turks will have hard time.
the other thing that could happen is egypt joining in to help their muslim brotherhood friends in the turkish govermant wich will cuase a hard mayjor war that i cant predict who wins but i know that israel will not get invaded becuase if it does then both turkey and egypt will become nuclear wastelands so its most likely going to be egypts navy and airforce fighting with the turks against israel over cyprus.

anyway thats what i think as an objective man(atlast i try to be) with experience as a officer in the israeli army but on a final note i'd like to state that no one can know how any war will end becuase wars are determined by what happens in the field and not by numbers and analysis on paper.

You and I both know that history repeats itself. Back in the day, the ottoman empire controlled a good chunk of the world. The ottomans were almost all turkish, and as an albanian, i can say that they couldnt do any of that without superior albanian command (i.e. Ali Pasha the albanian who controlled the middle east).

My point is that the turks have always been ruthless, never a peoples to fuck with, because the majority of people who fuck with them will eventually lose. Look at them today, 6th biggest standing army, advanced technology, an army that even israel cant do jack shit to, and thats just a fact, not merely my opinion..

Quoting: Albanian 12582427

The turks were part of WW1 and impressed no one.
Albanian
Canada
01/07/2013 08:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

The turks were part of WW1 and impressed no one.

Funny you say that because i happen to know alot about WW1. European superiority thought non whites were dumb as fuck so when they decided to invade Turkey who was a German Ally, they got fucking massacered, and all thanks to the Albanian Ataturk who built modern day turkey. The turks only lost cuz the cavemen coward Arabs betrayed them and they were fighting in all fronts, including Russia.. Thats how Ottoman Turkey was broken up, i think all planned out.
Albanian
Canada
01/07/2013 08:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bottom line, Israel nor any other regional power cant hold a war against Turkey. Israel would be exhausted to its knees, and i think Turkey would deliver a final blow to israel, of course without Israeli nukes
Anonymous Coward
Germany
01/07/2013 08:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Bottom line, Israel nor any other regional power cant hold a war against Turkey. Israel would be exhausted to its knees, and i think Turkey would deliver a final blow to israel, of course without Israeli nukes

Fighting against Jews is not a task. Even Hizbollah can win that.
Albanian
Canada
01/07/2013 08:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

Fighting against Jews is not a task. Even Hizbollah can win that.

No cavemen Arabs cant win against israel. The only reason israel pulled out in 06' is because of international pressure. Israel is a force techincally not to fuck with, thats for sure. But im just talking theoretically, if israel goes head to head with Turkey.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31629472
Israel
01/07/2013 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

look when it comes to a ground war i admit the turks would win israel but on a air fight israel will crush the turks.
now the most likely war will be held in cyprus since the turks cant invade israel from the sea(israel has great sea defence and with air cover their navy would be in the bottom of the sea) or from syria(civil war) so if war happens now its air war with naval support and israel wins.
and regarding the turks technology israel is much more advanched , we sold them alot of their weapons and we upgraded their us made jets so we can safely assume that israel has better weapons then it sold to the turks.
if you want to see how good the israeli air force is just check the first lebanon war(82) when we crushed the syrian airforce and air defence without even 1 jet lost while they outnumbered out jets and in 67 73 we also crushed egyptian airforce and syrian and jordanian ones. we are the bigest exporter of drones worldwide and we upgrate jets for alot of countries and we got turky in our balistic range.
Anyway i dont think a war with turkey and israel will produce any real winners since both sides will suffer tens of thousands of deaths.
insertfunnyusername  (OP)

User ID: 31610536
Greece
01/07/2013 09:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think you war to annihilation dudes need to relax a bit and start doing a bit of logical/critical thinking, this will be a crisis or a 3-day conflict at most, both countries are NATO members in a very critical time for the alliance.
Some of you guys are unreal.

hiding
Ashton's Succulent Volvo
User ID: 12374452
United States
01/07/2013 10:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

look when it comes to a ground war i admit the turks would win israel but on a air fight israel will crush the turks.
now the most likely war will be held in cyprus since the turks cant invade israel from the sea(israel has great sea defence and with air cover their navy would be in the bottom of the sea) or from syria(civil war) so if war happens now its air war with naval support and israel wins.
and regarding the turks technology israel is much more advanched , we sold them alot of their weapons and we upgraded their us made jets so we can safely assume that israel has better weapons then it sold to the turks.
if you want to see how good the israeli air force is just check the first lebanon war(82) when we crushed the syrian airforce and air defence without even 1 jet lost while they outnumbered out jets and in 67 73 we also crushed egyptian airforce and syrian and jordanian ones. we are the bigest exporter of drones worldwide and we upgrate jets for alot of countries and we got turky in our balistic range.
Anyway i dont think a war with turkey and israel will produce any real winners since both sides will suffer tens of thousands of deaths.

Turkey fighting Israel? Why are we being mega-tards again?

Yeah, the Islamic clowns like Erdogan-Davotoglu-Gul are acting up and writing checks they can never cash, what's new? That's been the case for last 10 years. Turkey used to be pretty secular and moderate, and I don't believe Erdogan monkeys can ruin the Ataturk/NATO influences in just a few short years. Considering that their "zero neighbors" policy is a joke, and Turkey's much-acclaimed economy is only as good as decades of Western ideas, ideals, assistnce, credit-backing, trade... well for all the phony bullish sychophant reports, truth is, it's becoming a giant credit bubble only held up by Saudis, Qatari massive influsions.... Either way, about the LAST thing Turkey can afford is any war, let alone against Israel --- with most of its prominent talented military commanders either retired or jailed, no less!

As for Turkey overruning Israel in a hypothetical scenario of that Albanian bozo? African-American puh-lease. Before it gets anywhere close to that point, Israel would EMP & neutron-bomb the fuck out of Turkish or Egyptian or Iranian for that matter. International community that always forces Israel to fight blind-folded & with both arms tied behind its back, would no longer be applicable in an all-out war scenario. LOL, it would be turkey shoot of 1982 Bekaa Valley proportions, indeed.

As for this "dispute", there really ISN'T a dispute. Israel-Russia-Cyprus-Greece-US companies are well within their rights to expore for gas. Turkey's extremely illegal occupation of Cyprus, is simply NOT a relevant party here. Even they know it, but you know Islamists they can't keep themselves from thrownig a tantrum about every little thing.

My advice to Sultan Erdogan is get better cancer-treatment than Hugo Chavez and mind your former BFF Bashar al-Assad next door --> Israel is not in your jurisdiction or business, K?
Albanian
Canada
01/07/2013 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

I like how your a realist. Your right, a war between the two would technically not have any real winners, as both of them would be done for... I think Israel has some crazy weapons that they havent showed to the world, i mean why would they if theyre fighting cavemen like hezbollah.. They probably the good stuff if you will for a real conflict with a modern power....

But yea i dont see the turks and israelis ever going at it one on one. It wouldnt make sense in the first place, mutual destruction at its finest.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1941798
Canada
01/08/2013 12:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think you war to annihilation dudes need to relax a bit and start doing a bit of logical/critical thinking, this will be a crisis or a 3-day conflict at most, both countries are NATO members in a very critical time for the alliance.

hiding
 Quoting: insertfunnyusername

Indeed
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23227784
Australia
01/08/2013 03:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is somewhat surprising that very little effort is being undertaken to understand the position of the Turks who rightly view a Greek, Cypres & Israeli EEZ as forming an economic blockade of Turkey and given that their largest city Istambul is also the economic nerve center of Turkey (Greek + Cypres EEZ would mean no more international waters from which maritime traffic can access Turkish waters) their aggressive nature towards Greece is understandable. Yet instead all we hear about Turkey from Greece (who is also in trouble with the EU for lying through their teeth)is "Turkey did this & Turkey did that" & now as the Turkish economy improves and expands all we hear about from Greece, Iran & Israel is "OMG look look Turkey is trying to rebuild the Ottoman empire, they built rubber boats!!!" when in reality the Turks have no clue about how to end the Kurdish insurgency so forget about rebuilding an empire of conquest lmfao.

For those who want to see the Greek mindset and how they view the rest of us with disdain and contempt go visit Defencenet.gr where Greeks feeling comfortable in the security of talking in their language think that they are perfectly safe (from discovery) to insult, call names and dream of dismembering all their neighbor nations (well they kinda like Bulgaria and openly suck up to the Ruskies) but everyone else including the USA they utterly hate lolololol European first class citizens they are not! tounge
An Ordinary Greek
User ID: 31697766
Greece
01/08/2013 05:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
The funny thing is that whilst Turkey doesn't ratify the UNCLOS, at the same time says it'll declare its EZZ according to... international law. lol

Another funny thing is that whilst we Greeks almost "beg" them to go to International Courts and see who gets what, Turkey says no, even though Greece might lose in the case of the Kastelorizo's EEZ.

The Turkish government also doesn't accept that the Greek islands have continental shelf.

In other words, don't expect things to be solved by "peaceful means".

Greece
01/08/2013 08:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

hiding

Indeed
 Quoting: Swinburnian

And that's an if a crisis indeed happens in the first place, dunno how we got to the nuke this or that dick-waving part already. Seriously sometimes i completely freak out on this website, chicken-hawk warmongering combined with complete ignorance about the actual facts of a certain situation and real life, pretty fucking scary combination if you ask me. Thank god sensible posters do still exist and we're not flaming 24/7 in here.

Greece
01/08/2013 08:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is somewhat surprising that very little effort is being undertaken to understand the position of the Turks who rightly view a Greek, Cypres & Israeli EEZ as forming an economic blockade of Turkey and given that their largest city Istambul is also the economic nerve center of Turkey (Greek + Cypres EEZ would mean no more international waters from which maritime traffic can access Turkish waters) their aggressive nature towards Greece is understandable. Yet instead all we hear about Turkey from Greece (who is also in trouble with the EU for lying through their teeth)is "Turkey did this & Turkey did that" & now as the Turkish economy improves and expands all we hear about from Greece, Iran & Israel is "OMG look look Turkey is trying to rebuild the Ottoman empire, they built rubber boats!!!" when in reality the Turks have no clue about how to end the Kurdish insurgency so forget about rebuilding an empire of conquest lmfao.

For those who want to see the Greek mindset and how they view the rest of us with disdain and contempt go visit Defencenet.gr where Greeks feeling comfortable in the security of talking in their language think that they are perfectly safe (from discovery) to insult, call names and dream of dismembering all their neighbor nations (well they kinda like Bulgaria and openly suck up to the Ruskies) but everyone else including the USA they utterly hate lolololol European first class citizens they are not! tounge
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23227784

The position of Turkey is understandable, it's against their interests such a thing to happen, but it's against intl. law too, dunno how more simple than this it can get for some of you to understand this tbh. Aggressiveness is against intl. law too but we kinda used to that too. No one is telling Turkey what do with their rights in Bosporus or the Black Sea, this is about the resources which Turkey as big country and big regional player completely lacks and desperately needs, so lets focus on the real reasons of this please. As for Greece-EU trouble, i think you got it wrong a bit, IMF and the markets that are now completely govern this place will use Greece to get back to Turkey for the way they been kicked out of the country 10 years back.

Defencenet is not a credible website for the Greeks that know a thing or two mate, it's a complete joke and it certainly doesn't accurately portray the mindset of the average Greek, i read Turkish websites with weird comments daily too but this doesn't mean that i'm forming my opinion for the Turkish populace by the flaming comments i read and believe me i read a lot of weird things too, chickenhawks exist in all places and countries but they certainly don't represent a whole nation. I can reassure you that no one in the right mindset wants war here in Greece and from chats i have with itk Turks i know that the majority of them doesn't want war either, intelligent persons from both countries know that this is a setup. Greek vs Turkish anti-USA and anti-jewish sentiments are not comparable btw. Dunno what to tell you about the EU first class citizens part tbh, can't see the relevance of this in the conversation.
DUCM900

User ID: 31750783
Italy
01/08/2013 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
greenkarmagreenkarmagreenkarma
poor greek
User ID: 29545338
Greece
01/08/2013 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

So according to your mindset, webpages are a copycat of the 3d real fake world. For example, glp is a hologram of the outer society. I think you can realize that this is not the case. Defencenet website's administrator is a turk, for cryin' out loud...

defence-net is a psyop propaganda machine administered by double agents of turkish secret services. the admin(turkish) only lets the comments that create tension and propagate their plans. For example, defencenet has become an unofficial press office for neonazi golden dawn party now. To attract their members to write to the comment section where a civil cyber war is happening. Not by chance.

Anyway, the clues above are for your information. Very good thread.

Greece
01/08/2013 09:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

So according to your mindset, webpages are a copycat of the 3d real fake world. For example, glp is a hologram of the outer society. I think you can realize that this is not the case. Defencenet website's administrator is a turk, for cryin' out loud...

defence-net is a psyop propaganda machine administered by double agents of turkish secret services. the admin(turkish) only lets the comments that create tension and propagate their plans. For example, defencenet has become an unofficial press office for neonazi golden dawn party now. To attract their members to write to the comment section where a civil cyber war is happening. Not by chance.

Anyway, the clues above are for your information. Very good thread.
 Quoting: poor greek 29545338

Wow, is this for real? damned
Defencenet owned by a Turk or Turkish services? They certainly are in GD mode now, but i stopped reading them coz they always manipulate and dramatize the real events, worst military-news website around. But psyop?
An Ordinary Greek
User ID: 31697766
Greece
01/08/2013 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
No way psyops, behind Gouriotis are arms dealers for sure. Rather disappointing, 'cos "Strategy" was a serious magazine back in the 1990s.

Better stick with either enkripto.com or with strategyreports.wordpress.com (former strategy-geopolitics blog)
ASV
User ID: 28551212
United States
01/08/2013 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

I like how your a realist. Your right, a war between the two would technically not have any real winners, as both of them would be done for... I think Israel has some crazy weapons that they havent showed to the world, i mean why would they if theyre fighting cavemen like hezbollah.. They probably the good stuff if you will for a real conflict with a modern power....

But yea i dont see the turks and israelis ever going at it one on one. It wouldnt make sense in the first place, mutual destruction at its finest.

Now you're starting to sound a little more rational than in previous "TurkeyStrong1111OneOneAdyn111" post.

Israel is estimated as able to take down both China and Russia in a retaliatory strike as it likely houses ICBM, um, off-site + of course coventional bombers + nuke-tipped Dolphin cruise missiles.... you think it will just sit back and let Turkey invade or even try to interfer in gas & oil deals 100s of kilometers off Turkey's shores???? LOL.

Anyway, back to reality. You called Hezbollah "cave-men". I know it's a common view for Turks and Turkophiles to view Arabs. especially Shia, as practically sub-human. And frankly, even Israeli (Leftists) Establishment for years dismissed Hezbollah as just a jihadi gang when they left South Lebanon. That's why even though IDF killed Hezzie at 8:1 clip in '06 snd made their leaders cry on TV, it was not considered a win by any means (even considering that Hezbollah had advantage of fighting on its soil, behind its civilian shields and PM Olmert idiot that he was, didn't even authorize real action until few days/hours before ceasefire).

But you clearly don't know anything about Hezbollah of recent years--- pound for pound, South Lebanon is THE most well armed, missile saturated & structured place in the world for guerilla fighting, with billions of dollars'm worth of IRGC-built undergound missile-launchers, bunkers, tunnels, redundant C&C centers. The wooded-mountainous topography in S.Leb also takes away the ability of Israeli armor to operate freely. Moreover, Hezbollah is not obligated to wear uniform and like most Islamists, they make excellent use of their own civilians as "human shields". Many of them are hard-core fanatics with blood-lust against Jews, and use of both steroids & amphetamines is very high. Oh and they have ton of longer-range missiles & advanced Russian ATGM, RPG, mines, surveillance & MANPADS. Plus, being officially part of Leb government, they have their eys & ears in virtually every corner & institution of the country. And then, of corse, there is the UN that cries to high heavens any times IDF delivers real blows to its enemies, LOL....

Hezbollah sat out both Castlead and Pillara of Defense -- because Israel scared it enough -- but make no mistake about it, Hezzies are formiddable (guerilla) enemy. Heck, even a superpower like the US can't handle Taliban for over 10 years --- and Hezbollah is way better armed, educated & trained by Iran, Syria, etc than Taliban ever was.
ASV
United States
01/08/2013 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

The position of Turkey is understandable, it's against their interests such a thing to happen, but it's against intl. law too, dunno how more simple than this it can get for some of you to understand this tbh. Aggressiveness is against intl. law too but we kinda used to that too. No one is telling Turkey what do with their rights in Bosporus or the Black Sea, this is about the resources which Turkey as big country and big regional player completely lacks and desperately needs, so lets focus on the real reasons of this please. As for Greece-EU trouble, i think you got it wrong a bit, IMF and the markets that are now completely govern this place will use Greece to get back to Turkey for the way they been kicked out of the country 10 years back.

Defencenet is not a credible website for the Greeks that know a thing or two mate, it's a complete joke and it certainly doesn't accurately portray the mindset of the average Greek, i read Turkish websites with weird comments daily too but this doesn't mean that i'm forming my opinion for the Turkish populace by the flaming comments i read and believe me i read a lot of weird things too, chickenhawks exist in all places and countries but they certainly don't represent a whole nation. I can reassure you that no one in the right mindset wants war here in Greece and from chats i have with itk Turks i know that the majority of them doesn't want war either, intelligent persons from both countries know that this is a setup. Greek vs Turkish anti-USA and anti-jewish sentiments are not comparable btw. Dunno what to tell you about the EU first class citizens part tbh, can't see the relevance of this in the conversation.

1) While the "position" of Turkey is understandable -- to the extent that inherently childish if blood-thirsty Islamists conduct is ever truly rational... it is certainly NOT acceptable. Not by Greece, Cyprus, not by US/NATO, certainly not by Israel ---> even Turkey's former buddies Iran & Syria are increadinglt pissed off at it. No wonder, Erdogan & Davotoglu rode Ataturk/Western/Secular coat-tales & suddenly they think they're some kind of geo-strategic, neo-Ottoman geniuses???? LOL, even economically speaking, without billions in (temporary) investments & credits from Riyadh, Doha and Qatar, Turkish bubble would pop so fast like you wouldn't believe!

2) Gas & oil. Israel for decades had no natural resources, and despite being a tiny, massively outnumbered country, despite all the political/economic wars & unremitting terror attempts it internally... somehow it not just survived but flourished & made the formerly swampy, malaria-stricken, desolate desert bloom in very short period of time, historicall speaking. Now, Israel has discovered oil & gas, both off-shore and shale... great. So if Turkey thinks somehow it's entitled to muscle into the game literally 100's of kilometers beyond its shores, it's got another thing coming. Mavi Marmara, Palmer Report, etc should have taught them a lesson, but I guess it didn't.

3) Russia. Its mafia & business have significant presence in Cyprus and Russia is also warming up ties with Israel -- which is a smart thing, especially since Arab "Spring" has shown that you can never rely on Muslims stability or peace... Do you think for ONE moment Russia will allow Turkey to bully its interests in the region? After all that trouble Turkey helped cause in the Caucuses, as someone else mentioned?

If Turkey doesn't stop fucking around, it would be better idea if Turkey leave NATO and Russia eventually join (post-Putin, probably).
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/08/2013 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
correction:

"billions of dollars in (temporary) investments & credits from Riyadh, Doha and Dubai"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31745997
Germany
01/08/2013 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

1) While the "position" of Turkey is understandable -- to the extent that inherently childish if blood-thirsty Islamists conduct is ever truly rational... it is certainly NOT acceptable. Not by Greece, Cyprus, not by US/NATO, certainly not by Israel ---> even Turkey's former buddies Iran & Syria are increadinglt pissed off at it. No wonder, Erdogan & Davotoglu rode Ataturk/Western/Secular coat-tales & suddenly they think they're some kind of geo-strategic, neo-Ottoman geniuses???? LOL, even economically speaking, without billions in (temporary) investments & credits from Riyadh, Doha and Qatar, Turkish bubble would pop so fast like you wouldn't believe!

2) Gas & oil. Israel for decades had no natural resources, and despite being a tiny, massively outnumbered country, despite all the political/economic wars & unremitting terror attempts it internally... somehow it not just survived but flourished & made the formerly swampy, malaria-stricken, desolate desert bloom in very short period of time, historicall speaking. Now, Israel has discovered oil & gas, both off-shore and shale... great. So if Turkey thinks somehow it's entitled to muscle into the game literally 100's of kilometers beyond its shores, it's got another thing coming. Mavi Marmara, Palmer Report, etc should have taught them a lesson, but I guess it didn't.

3) Russia. Its mafia & business have significant presence in Cyprus and Russia is also warming up ties with Israel -- which is a smart thing, especially since Arab "Spring" has shown that you can never rely on Muslims stability or peace... Do you think for ONE moment Russia will allow Turkey to bully its interests in the region? After all that trouble Turkey helped cause in the Caucuses, as someone else mentioned?

If Turkey doesn't stop fucking around, it would be better idea if Turkey leave NATO and Russia eventually join (post-Putin, probably).
 Quoting: ASV 28551212

Why is anyone of that an americans business? Can't keep your noses out of other parts of the world?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
01/08/2013 12:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why is anyone of that an americans business? Can't keep your noses out of other parts of the world?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31745997

what a pointless question. you may not like the US being a world power, but surely you're not so stupid as not to have noticed that it is one.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31745997
Germany
01/08/2013 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

what a pointless question. you may not like the US being a world power, but surely you're not so stupid as not to have noticed that it is one.

He thinks Israel was swampy and malaria stricken before the Jews cultivated it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
01/08/2013 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

funny you should say say that. my grandfather served with the british army in palestine in the first world war -- and contracted malaria there.
ASV
United States
01/08/2013 12:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

Clearly I forgot to ask you.

LMAO!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31629472
Israel
01/08/2013 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

mybe you should learn abit of history.. why do you think arabs didnt inhibit the coastline.. becuase it was all swamps

GLP