Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,027 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 929,547
Pageviews Today: 1,693,745Threads Today: 553Posts Today: 12,346
04:44 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
01/08/2013 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands
Also, I'd like to see evidence that the Donmeh community actually still exists
 Quoting: Swinburnian

I dunno if the community still exists. Found this that says that they community numbers several thousand people, but i'm not sure if this is concrete proof. It certainly lacks the real/actual number data.
[link to www.shavei.org]

Ex-pm Tansu Ciller was accused of being a donmeh and some other ministers of the pre-Erdogan time. This French wiki link offers some notable recent ones.
[link to fr.wikipedia.org]
 Quoting: insertfunnyusername

double post
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/08/2013 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: So It Begins: Turkey Warns Greece Against Oil Exploration In The Aegean, Turkish experts accuse Greece of illegally snatching 16 islands
triple post -- losin' it
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/08/2013 08:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Also, I'd like to see evidence that the Donmeh community actually still exists

I dunno if the community still exists. Found this that says that they community numbers several thousand people, but i'm not sure if this is concrete proof. It certainly lacks the real/actual number data.
[link to www.shavei.org]

Ex-pm Tansu Ciller was accused of being a donmeh and some other ministers of the pre-Erdogan time. This French wiki link offers some notable recent ones.
[link to fr.wikipedia.org]

most of the manuscript evidence of donmeh religious practices is in Israel -- because in the 1930s and 1940s Donmeh started to give away their Hebrew manuscripts (which they could no longer read) to Turkish Jews. That would seem to indicate that, while there are obviously still descendants of the donmeh, the community if it still exists haas been dwindling for some time.

your one link confirms that donmeh who want to practice orthodox judaism have to convert.
Albanian
User ID: 12582427
Canada
01/08/2013 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
^^ Rumored,thats nice. He is full blooded albanian, everyone knows this. Look at his past history concerning Albanian integration through alot of Turkish support, especially military, but the Albanian government is too busy trying to get in the EU........ One thing for sure though, the relationship between turks and albs extends hundreds of years, its an excellent relationship
 Quoting: Albanian 12582427

That picture might have taken from a visit or might be a look alike.I have heard about his albanian roots too.As a person i like him as he is open minded and vaules human rights.

Anyway, of course we have excellent relations with albanians.We love Albanians (Arnavut in Turkish) .There are many people with Albanian descent here and they are beautiful people .In Ottoman Empire there were many succesful albanian officials and commanders.Even mothers of some sultans were albanian.
 Quoting: Anatolian 31776376

Of course, our relationship is brotherly, always has been, Turkey has always had our backs, its natural for us 2. One of my best friends in half albanian half turkish. He tells me in Turkey, Albanians and Turks are brothers (i.e. Arvanut) and many albanians have top positions especially in government and especially military.....

I hope the old empire is reborn and we run half the world together like we once did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anatolian
User ID: 31776376
Turkey
01/08/2013 08:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
^^ Rumored,thats nice. He is full blooded albanian, everyone knows this. Look at his past history concerning Albanian integration through alot of Turkish support, especially military, but the Albanian government is too busy trying to get in the EU........ One thing for sure though, the relationship between turks and albs extends hundreds of years, its an excellent relationship
 Quoting: Albanian 12582427

That picture might have taken from a visit or might be a look alike.I have heard about his albanian roots too.As a person i like him as he is open minded and vaules human rights.

Anyway, of course we have excellent relations with albanians.We love Albanians (Arnavut in Turkish) .There are many people with Albanian descent here and they are beautiful people .In Ottoman Empire there were many succesful albanian officials and commanders.Even mothers of some sultans were albanian.

Abdurrahman Abdi the Albanian

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

He was the Beylerbey of Budin...Beylerbey is equivalent of duke.He tried to defend Budim against a big Crusade of 90.000 soldiers with his near 7.000 soldiers...Eventually he was killed in the fight.Nontheless he was a brave man
insertfunnyusername  (OP)

User ID: 31610536
Greece
01/08/2013 09:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
most of the manuscript evidence of donmeh religious practices is in Israel -- because in the 1930s and 1940s Donmeh started to give away their Hebrew manuscripts (which they could no longer read) to Turkish Jews. That would seem to indicate that, while there are obviously still descendants of the donmeh, the community if it still exists haas been dwindling for some time.

your one link confirms that donmeh who want to practice orthodox judaism have to convert.

Thanks for extra info. I'm sure they won't be many of them still around, i just haven't seen any recent data with official numbers. Donmeh/Young Turks were obviously not practicing or promoting Judaism, they erased or tried to erase all the religions in the name of Sunni.

There's a new conspiracy now on MSM in Turkey claiming that Kemal may had an Armenian origin from Malatya, i've no idea if true though.

triple post -- losin' it

chuckle
Anatolian
User ID: 31776376
Turkey
01/08/2013 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
There's a new conspiracy now on MSM in Turkey claiming that Kemal may had an Armenian origin from Malatya, i've no idea if true though.

chuckle

Yeah i heard about that too :D I really dont think he had Armenian origin...His adopted daughter is rumoured to said something like that before her death at a conference in Malatya :''Ataturk's family went to Thessalonaki from Malatya, i heard that in the house of him'' and that was published in a local newspaper in Malatya...I believe this is a hoax made by some people in Malatya :)

In my opinion and many other researchers he was a sabbatean crypto-jew.When he was child he attended to madrasa of Shemsi Effendi whom real name was Simon Zwi -clearly a relative of self-proclaimed massiah Sabbatai Zwi-
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15371682
United States
01/08/2013 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Greek govt government seems to have decided to submit coordinates for the outer limits of the Greek continental shelf to the United Nations in the first months of 2013. On June 9th 1995, the Turkish parliament officially declared that unilateral action by Greece would constitute a casus belli.
[link to translate.google.gr]
[link to www.tovima.gr]

Davutoglu Warns Greece Against Oil exploration In The Aegean
[link to www.trtarabic.com]

Turkey closely following any Greek maneuver in Aegean disputes

[link to www.todayszaman.com]

16 islands snatched by Greece due to Turkey's negligence, experts claim. In the Aegean and the Mediterranean, there are 152 islands and islets of which the ownership is controversial

Norwegian company PGS is already conducting offshore seismic tests in Greek seas. License round is expected to take place in 2014.

[link to www.pgs.com]

More about the Aegean dispute
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Obvious trap is obvious.

damned

where is Alexander the Great when you need him?

Greece
01/08/2013 09:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

chuckle

Yeah i heard about that too :D I really dont think he had Armenian origin...His adopted daughter is rumoured to said something like that before her death at a conference in Malatya :''Ataturk's family went to Thessalonaki from Malatya, i heard that in the house of him'' and that was published in a local newspaper in Malatya...I believe this is a hoax made by some people in Malatya :)

In my opinion and many other researchers he was a sabbatean crypto-jew.When he was child he attended to madrasa of Shemsi Effendi whom real name was Simon Zwi -clearly a relative of self-proclaimed massiah Sabbatai Zwi-

Malatians going for it as it seems. :) Do you have any idea how many of them still exist today?

Some researchers say that they're about 2 million crypto-christians too in Turkey today.

Greece
01/08/2013 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
where is Alexander the Great when you need him?
 Quoting: Dr.Ricks

Could do with one right now. :)
ASV
User ID: 30093527
United States
01/08/2013 09:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey, I heard both Ruhollah Bashevich Khomeini and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad were also, you know, Chosen Ones.

Plus, Naturei Karta, come on man, those guys are totally mainstream & would never be wrong about whom they have photo-ops with. No way.

Also: recent archive rumours have it that Allah the Merciful and Allah the Splendid may in fact be at least 1/4, uh, "hook-nosed". Not Allah the Magnificent or Allah the Unknowable, though -- they're 100% legit, true and manly, no way do I suspect them being kosher like that!

np: Wild Boys - Duran Duran
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1647324
Canada
01/08/2013 11:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hey, I heard both Ruhollah Bashevich Khomeini and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad were also, you know, Chosen Ones.

Plus, Naturei Karta, come on man, those guys are totally mainstream & would never be wrong about whom they have photo-ops with. No way.

Also: recent archive rumours have it that Allah the Merciful and Allah the Splendid may in fact be at least 1/4, uh, "hook-nosed". Not Allah the Magnificent or Allah the Unknowable, though -- they're 100% legit, true and manly, no way do I suspect them being kosher like that!

np: Wild Boys - Duran Duran
 Quoting: ASV 30093527

I dunno -- I hear NK are sorta Talmudic

Greece
01/09/2013 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Greek PM may go to Turkey in March for the 2nd High Level Cooperation Council between the 2 countries

US State Department Victoria Nuland: Cyprus has sovereign right of resources in offshore economic zone
[link to www.cybc.com.cy]

Russian Gazprom is one of the favorites to land Greek gas public company that is up for privatization, US reaction was off course expected and Nuland urged Greece yesterday to have a 'diverse' energy supply
[link to www.ekathimerini.com]

Greece
01/09/2013 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Dunno if the timing of this is by complete chance, but during the last month lots of publications in Turkish press are tangling Greece in a big spy scandal where 58 active Turkish military officers are also involved and arrested. Most recent article implicates former Greek ambassador to Turkey Xidas, the ambassador denied the claims. They also blaming Greece for supporting terrorist organizations that commit terror acts inside Turkey.

New evidence in spy ring case further implicates Greece

Scandal broke out the summer and a mysterious woman spy of Greek origin called 'Izmirli Anna' is the center of it among many Turkish army officials.

DHKP/C militants receive training in Greek refugee camp, daily says

Greece and Greek embassy in Turkey denied the terrorist support claims, but Turkish press continued publishing more terror-camps related articles
[link to english.sabah.com.tr]

Other recent tragicomic controversies between the two countries involve Erdogan getting pissed with the credit agencies that don't upgrade the Turkish debt while they recently upgraded the Greek one and claimed that Greece is selling her islands and shouldn't be upgraded. Greece off course denied these claims coz indeed no islands are being sold.

Also Turkish govt obviously on a roll from their massive book-bane campaign in their country protested the presentation of the book of PKK leader in Athens. Turkey is making moves to prevent the distribution of this book in Sweden too.
[link to politics.breakingnews.com]
[link to firatnews.org]

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 01/09/2013 10:52 AM

Greece
01/09/2013 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks for pin to whoever. hf
Ostria1

User ID: 29325791
Greece
01/09/2013 11:47 AM

Report Abusive Post
Dunno if the timing of this is by complete chance, but during the last month lots of publications in Turkish press are tangling Greece in a big spy scandal where 58 active Turkish military officers are also involved and arrested. Most recent article implicates former Greek ambassador to Turkey Xidas, the ambassador denied the claims. They also blaming Greece for supporting terrorist organizations that commit terror acts inside Turkey.

hmmm intersting.. what i read in greek news

The story of the three Turks arrested for spying for Greece is just another episode in an undeclared war between EYP and MIT.

and also

Turkish group after Flisvos acquired three other marinas in the country (tourkolimano marina zea, corfu and lefkada)
and i read they already have the port at Mitilini :O
[link to exelixeis.gr]
Ostria

Greece
01/09/2013 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

hmmm intersting.. what i read in greek news

The story of the three Turks arrested for spying for Greece is just another episode in an undeclared war between EYP and MIT.

and also

Turkish group after Flisvos acquired three other marinas in the country (tourkolimano marina zea, corfu and lefkada)
and i read they already have the port at Mitilini :O
[link to exelixeis.gr]
 Quoting: Ostria1

Yeah, read this about the 3 spies too, they leaked info about an organized plan for a conflict in the Aegean. Secret services working full-time these days it seems.

Read a good article about this billionaire dude, forbes 500 and all. Seems that he is going all in with the marinas.

Last Edited by insertfunnyusername on 01/09/2013 12:19 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31829249
Brazil
01/09/2013 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/09/2013 12:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ashton's succulent Volvo
User ID: 9604308
United States
01/09/2013 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31829249

No.

This is Sparta

(but 100 times better because I don't recall Sparta building a Start-Up Nation, helping send mission to Mars or winning Nobel prizes... or giving agrigcultural, medical and tech assistence to some 150 other nations in times of crisis)
Ostria1

User ID: 29325791
Greece
01/09/2013 01:10 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31829249

No.

This is Sparta

(but 100 times better because I don't recall Sparta building a Start-Up Nation, helping send mission to Mars or winning Nobel prizes... or giving agrigcultural, medical and tech assistence to some 150 other nations in times of crisis)
 Quoting: Ashton's succulent Volvo 9604308

blink
Ostria
Anonymous Coward
Brazil
01/09/2013 01:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

No.

This is Sparta

Dude... there is a long term rivalry between Greece and Turkey... Anyway, good luck with your trillion debt.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31039591
Greece
01/09/2013 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who gives a fuck really what the turkey want? If they start fucking with greece they gonna be more fucked than greece.. Don't be stupid! none can affort a war now.. and stop pin stupid threads
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31810718
United States
01/09/2013 02:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why haven't the Greeks dumped the Turkish occupiers from Northern Cyprus yet? Turkish 'experts' accuse Greece of illegally snatching islands while they are occupying a portion of a fucking country!
Ashton's succulent Volvo
User ID: 9604308
United States
01/09/2013 03:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Turkish 'experts' accuse Greece of illegally snatching islands while they are occupying a portion of a fucking country!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31810718

Um, welcome to the wonderful world of Islam.

Also known as "Say (and do, take, desttoy, kill, rape & enslave) Anything...Anytime!"

"Moderate" Sultan Erdogan-pants wants oil & gas that don't belong to him? Make some noise, some threats, jail a few dissidents, journalists, activists & secular generals; whine about credit-rating agencies to his best bud Obama... fall off a horsey -- all in a day's work.

(Moderate) Islam, meet AC31810718. AC - Islam. Now go mingle amongst yourselves.
Gregor Samsa

User ID: 31519366
Turkey
01/09/2013 03:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Greek nationalists attack vehicle of Turkish consul general

To know means to know all. Not to know all means not to know. In order to know all, it is only necessary to know a little. But, in order to know this little, it is first necessary to know pretty much.
G.I. Gurdjieff
Gregor Samsa

Turkey
01/09/2013 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why haven't the Greeks dumped the Turkish occupiers from Northern Cyprus yet? Turkish 'experts' accuse Greece of illegally snatching islands while they are occupying a portion of a fucking country!

ahh the sweet ignorance, occupiers, pffft
To know means to know all. Not to know all means not to know. In order to know all, it is only necessary to know a little. But, in order to know this little, it is first necessary to know pretty much.
G.I. Gurdjieff
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18381151
United States
01/09/2013 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

Turkey and Cyprus have been going at it for decades without our media covering it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25765737
Netherlands
01/09/2013 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think we have a problem on our hands.

hiding

Great Post Insert hf
Gregor Samsa

Turkey
01/09/2013 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

If it's an occupation Turks (Ottomans) took the island in 1570. Long before US established, so tell your story to Native Americans.

Last Edited by Gregor Samsa on 01/09/2013 03:58 PM
G.I. Gurdjieff

GLP