Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,211 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 144,348
Pageviews Today: 224,326Threads Today: 90Posts Today: 1,262
02:28 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

iPhone user hit with £19,000 Orange bill for 'excessive internet usage' after fault with mobile

smilesun
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 31739982
Italy
01/08/2013 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
iPhone user hit with £19,000 Orange bill for 'excessive internet usage' after fault with mobile
Chris Bovis, 26, thought it was a joke when he was cut off without warning. Chris Bovis, from Tilbury, Essex, contacted his phone company, Orange, when they cut off his phone without warning.
The 26-year-old builder was told he had racked up a bill of £8,900 down to unusually high internet usage.
He claims the adviser then warned him his next bill was due to be another £10,000.
Mr Bovis said: 'My first reaction was to laugh as I just could not believe it but it stopped being funny when I realised they were not joking and were totally serious.'
Orange tried to take the £19,000 for the months of October and November from his bank account, only for the transaction to be blocked.
The problem appears to have been caused by a fault which meant his iPhone started sending and receiving large amounts of data in error.
Mr Bovis and his partner Joanna Russo have been left disgusted by the treatment they received, which they say even included threats to send bailiffs around.
He asked for his rogue iPhone to be switched off, but even when it was off it continued to automatically send and receive large amounts of internet data.
A bid to stop the problem by restoring the factory settings had no impact either.
Read more [link to www.dailymail.co.uk]
Golu hbk

User ID: 31756065
India
01/08/2013 10:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: iPhone user hit with £19,000 Orange bill for 'excessive internet usage' after fault with mobile
i wonder if it was a jailbroken iphone?
smilesun  (OP)

User ID: 31739982
Italy
01/08/2013 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: iPhone user hit with £19,000 Orange bill for 'excessive internet usage' after fault with mobile
i wonder if it was a jailbroken iphone?
 Quoting: Golu hbk

Jailbroken iphone? I am unable to answer Smiley

GLP