Offer Upgrade

User ID: 30197019
Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
NASA there may be 17 billion Earth-like planets in Milky Way
17 billion planets in our Galaxy .... and I thought we had only 8 LOL

I had to learn the 8 planets when I was in elementary school ... I hope the kids have to learn the 17 billion planets now :)

Enough planets exist in the Milky Way to ensure that there is at least one for each of the hundred million stars in the galaxy, NASA has revealed.
Analysis of data from the Kepler space telescope shows that 17 billion planets in the galaxy are Earth-like in size.

The findings are making scientists increasingly confident of finding a rocky planet the same size as Earth, with a similar orbit and situated in the 'habitable zone' of a solar system.

video here

l
V

[link to www.dailymail.co.uk]

[link to www.theatlantic.com]

Last Edited by Daughter of the Moon on 01/11/2013 08:19 PM
Anonymous Coward
01/11/2013 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: NASA there may be 17 billion Earth-like planets in Milky Way
OMG BARBIE POSTED AN ASTRONOMY RELATED NEWS ARTICLE.
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

I'm trying to contribute ... but when i try to do something good people ignore me
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
01/11/2013 08:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for (finally) posting an interesting thread!

:greenkarma:
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you for (finally) posting an interesting thread!

greenkarma
 Quoting: ANHEDONIC

:) thank u
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31065789
Romania
01/11/2013 08:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm trying to contribute ... but when i try to do something good people ignore me
 Quoting: Barbara P. Strigoi

Stop having a victim mentality and maybe others will better perceive your intentions !

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

I'm not criticizing you or saying this in a bad way at all, just some friendly advice ! hf
Anonymous Coward
01/11/2013 08:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah I've been there.

I can relate to you so much, Barbie...
darkwolf007

User ID: 3974719
United States
01/11/2013 08:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

I know how you feel, Barbara P., happens to me very frequently. The vast majority of the people here would much rather fight each other and otherwise keep egging on fights than actually be helpful to each other. I guess that's far too difficult for people with an IQ below that of 2. As for your link, Barbara, this isn't aimed at you but at NASA: "Duhhh, ya think, Captain Obvious!?". Listen to NASA too often and you'll wind up suicidally depressed over "We got LOTS of alien brethren around us! They're just on another planet in this star system therefore it's unfeasible to ever go!". Bullshit it is! With one or more positive and even neutral alien species we can open trade routes and seriously help freely give jobs away like candy to needy people on this planet while helping to put a permanent end to this ever worsening global depression we're sinking deeper and deeper into.
Conspiracy Theorist is nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker.

A time is coming when men will go mad,
and when they see someone who is not mad,
they will attack him, saying,
'You are mad; you are not like us."
-- St. Anthony The Great

Social Credit Loser here.
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Stop having a victim mentality and maybe others will better perceive your intentions !

I'm not criticizing you or saying this in a bad way at all, just some friendly advice ! hf
 Quoting: subzero86

According to my studies people ignore me when I post good threads LOL

but thank you, i will read that :)
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:39 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah I've been there.

I can relate to you so much, Barbie...

yah
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31991224
United States
01/11/2013 08:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
The operational phrase here is "may be".

WOW, it that's even possible, let's give NASA
one trillion a year, or let's borrow a trillion
from China, and give it to NASA,
to investigate.

NASA should be THE FIRST useless agency shut down.
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

I know how you feel, Barbara P., happens to me very frequently. The vast majority of the people here would much rather fight each other and otherwise keep egging on fights than actually be helpful to each other. I guess that's far too difficult for people with an IQ below that of 2. As for your link, Barbara, this isn't aimed at you but at NASA: "Duhhh, ya think, Captain Obvious!?". Listen to NASA too often and you'll wind up suicidally depressed over "We got LOTS of alien brethren around us! They're just on another planet in this star system therefore it's unfeasible to ever go!". Bullshit it is! With one or more positive and even neutral alien species we can open trade routes and seriously help freely give jobs away like candy to needy people on this planet while helping to put a permanent end to this ever worsening global depression we're sinking deeper and deeper into.
 Quoting: darkwolf007

That would be interesting
darkwolf007

United States
01/11/2013 08:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

There's not much I'd trust off of Wikipedia, subzero86. Ever since it was proven that Wikipedia is a psyop all within itself, I've been pretty weary of Wikipedia. While I don't believe there's such thing is a "Victim Mentality", I do understand that feeling negative about how one will be treated on a forum even when one has the best of intentions can do even worse harm upon's mental/psychological state. I find it intriguing that there's been plenty of bullshit threads here on this site and virtually they're all treated serious and other positives while serious threads put up with positive intentions get the living hell beat out of them. So I like to call bullshit on the whole "Victim Mentality".
Conspiracy Theorist is nothing more than a derogatory title used to dismiss a critical thinker.

-- St. Anthony The Great

Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

to investigate.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31991224

It's ok.... they will make a $1 trillion coin :)

LOL.

Last Edited by Daughter of the Moon on 01/11/2013 08:43 PM
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

There's not much I'd trust off of Wikipedia, subzero86. Ever since it was proven that Wikipedia is a psyop all within itself, I've been pretty weary of Wikipedia. While I don't believe there's such thing is a "Victim Mentality", I do understand that feeling negative about how one will be treated on a forum even when one has the best of intentions can do even worse harm upon's mental/psychological state. I find it intriguing that there's been plenty of bullshit threads here on this site and virtually they're all treated serious and other positives while serious threads put up with positive intentions get the living hell beat out of them. So I like to call bullshit on the whole "Victim Mentality".

Yup!

I think this place is full of trolls ..
darkwolf007

United States
01/11/2013 08:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

to investigate.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31991224

From what I've researched about NASA over the years, in order to restore credibility in NASA and make NASA worthwhile of a worthy Department of the U.S. Government would be to get rid of the current useless suits controlling shit there. I don't doubt one second that many of the employees working there are very good people doing their best to make sure they help to fulfill the dreams of a dying nation. The second thing would be actually give NASA an actual budget and to restore what Obama gutted the hell out of NASA in the first place. Seeing as it's already proven time and time again that the highest levels of NASA are in regular/near constant contact with various alien life forms we actually make them publically known and start to be publically friendly with them instead of behind closed doors and in secret as if their very existences are some deep dark secret that only a select few "elite" are deserving to know. Fuck them and everyone like them! Everyone else deserves to have a chance to be friendly with one or more alien species, and to quit being so goddamn xenophobic because Hollywood has seemingly permanently instilled it in EVERYONE'S heads that it's considered right to be hateful, xenophobic, and just plain evil to everyone and everyone that's not Human.

-- St. Anthony The Great

<<TIMEWATCHER>>

User ID: 25511458
United States
01/11/2013 08:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
It truly is mindblowing hf 5Stars and Pin Request
GLP Disclaimer

DON'T BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS WEBSITE!

The reader is responsible for discerning the validity, factuality or implications of information posted here, be it fictional or based on real events. Moderators on this forum make every effort to review the material posted on this site however, it is not realistically possible for our small staff to manually review each and every one of the more than 20,000 posts GodlikeProductions gets on a daily basis.

The content of posts on this site, including but not limited to links to other web sites, are the expressed opinion of the original poster and are in no way representative of or endorsed by the owners or administration of this website. The posts on this website are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or factual information on behalf of the owner or administration of GodlikeProductions. This site may contain adult language, if you feel you might be offended by such content, you should log off immediately.

Not all posts on this website are intended as truthful or factual assertion by their authors. Some users of this website are participating in internet role playing, with or without the use of an avatar. NO post on this website should be considered factual information on face value alone.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."- Samuel Adams

"...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
--John F. Kennedy

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
--John F. Kennedy

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
--John F. Kennedy

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.
--Albert Einstein
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31519086
Australia
01/11/2013 08:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

I had to learn the 8 planets when I was in elementary school ... I hope the kids have to learn the 17 billion planets now :)

what are the names of the 8 planets?
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
It truly is mindblowing hf 5Stars and Pin Request
 Quoting: <<TIMEWATCHER>>

Thank you!

yeah, this should be pinned

it is extremely interesting
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 08:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31519086

Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptuno
darkwolf007

United States
01/11/2013 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yup!

In fact, I've been wondering for years now if Trinity and many of the Mods here enjoy having trolls and shills replacing those of us who'll actually contribute valuable stuff here. I've been banned quite a few times here since I initially joined this site. The reasons never making alot of sense to me or really any sense to me. Cussing up a storm? Nope not get banned, but start talking about how Trinity mysteriously got ALL of the money for the very little discussed online remote controlled telescope that costed at least $250,000 and I got banned for that. Talk about how bad things have gotten here over time because the Mods and Trinity don't do shit against the trolls and shills but seem to encourage the negativity as if they literally feed off of negative or Corrupt energies themselves, and I got banned once making a post. The best thing I can think of is when Trinity banned me and lots of others all at once is it's an extortion racket. He says one thing about "It's about protecting GLP.", yeah, OK! I've seen similar threads vanish here on GLP from AC's and actual members from this site who've bitched about what I've been bitching about. I don't know if those members got banned for their rightful bitchin' though. While I can tolerate stupid ass trolls, it's alot worse when good conversations wind up derailed by trolls and shills who'll attract attention to stupid shit and what seems to be a rapidly growing number of people who'd rather follow suit with the trolls and or shills than keep up a good conversation going.

-- St. Anthony The Great

Anonymous Coward
Romania
01/11/2013 08:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yup!

I was definitely not trolling you when I mentioned the victim mentality and I was referring more to your forum signature and other posts when I said that !

This thread is very interesting and really puts things into perspective as to how small we are on this planet and in this universe !

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you're trying to do, all I was trying to say is the way you think of yourself influences how others think of you, remember that ! hf
darkwolf007

United States
01/11/2013 08:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31519086

Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptuno

Can't count Nibiru as a planet seeing as it's a very large brown dwarf star. It has some moons around it but more than likely those moons are bigger than this planet.

-- St. Anthony The Great

darkwolf007

United States
01/11/2013 09:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yup!

I was definitely not trolling you when I mentioned the victim mentality and I was referring more to your forum signature and other posts when I said that !

This thread is very interesting and really puts things into perspective as to how small we are on this planet and in this universe !

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you're trying to do, all I was trying to say is the way you think of yourself influences how others think of you, remember that ! hf

Barbara can talk for herself, but that makes sense, subzero86. Thanks for clarifying yourself, and no harm no foul.

-- St. Anthony The Great

Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yup!

In fact, I've been wondering for years now if Trinity and many of the Mods here enjoy having trolls and shills replacing those of us who'll actually contribute valuable stuff here. I've been banned quite a few times here since I initially joined this site. The reasons never making alot of sense to me or really any sense to me. Cussing up a storm? Nope not get banned, but start talking about how Trinity mysteriously got ALL of the money for the very little discussed online remote controlled telescope that costed at least $250,000 and I got banned for that. Talk about how bad things have gotten here over time because the Mods and Trinity don't do shit against the trolls and shills but seem to encourage the negativity as if they literally feed off of negative or Corrupt energies themselves, and I got banned once making a post. The best thing I can think of is when Trinity banned me and lots of others all at once is it's an extortion racket. He says one thing about "It's about protecting GLP.", yeah, OK! I've seen similar threads vanish here on GLP from AC's and actual members from this site who've bitched about what I've been bitching about. I don't know if those members got banned for their rightful bitchin' though. While I can tolerate stupid ass trolls, it's alot worse when good conversations wind up derailed by trolls and shills who'll attract attention to stupid shit and what seems to be a rapidly growing number of people who'd rather follow suit with the trolls and or shills than keep up a good conversation going.

I'm sure they enjoy trolls LOL

I think having some trolls is good sometimes.... but i understand what you mean
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 09:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yup!

I know you were not trolling :)
<<TIMEWATCHER>>

User ID: 25511458
United States
01/11/2013 09:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yup!

Just to let ya know, If you want your Karma to go up never call anyone out for trolling even on your own post, Most people have different views on things, calling them trolls will only lead to neg karma
hfhf
GLP Disclaimer

DON'T BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS WEBSITE!

The reader is responsible for discerning the validity, factuality or implications of information posted here, be it fictional or based on real events. Moderators on this forum make every effort to review the material posted on this site however, it is not realistically possible for our small staff to manually review each and every one of the more than 20,000 posts GodlikeProductions gets on a daily basis.

The content of posts on this site, including but not limited to links to other web sites, are the expressed opinion of the original poster and are in no way representative of or endorsed by the owners or administration of this website. The posts on this website are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or factual information on behalf of the owner or administration of GodlikeProductions. This site may contain adult language, if you feel you might be offended by such content, you should log off immediately.

Not all posts on this website are intended as truthful or factual assertion by their authors. Some users of this website are participating in internet role playing, with or without the use of an avatar. NO post on this website should be considered factual information on face value alone.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."- Samuel Adams

"...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
--John F. Kennedy

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
--John F. Kennedy

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
--John F. Kennedy

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.
--Albert Einstein
Anonymous Coward
Romania
01/11/2013 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can you imagine if .0001% of those planets have life on them and out of those let's say another another .0001% have intelligent life on them that still leaves us with 170 intelligent civilization spanning an 100.000 light year radius !

No wonder SETI has not found anything yet, probably there are a lot of civilizations in our Milky Way but they're spread too far away from each other for us to come into contact with any of them...so far !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31988118
United Kingdom
01/11/2013 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Its great that there are so many.. just a pity they are to for away from us go there and when we learn to go faster then light will we want to go to anther planet ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31980782
United States
01/11/2013 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
I gotta admit Barbie, most of your threads suck, but I love the LOL cat.
Barbara P. Strigoi  (OP)

Puerto Rico
01/11/2013 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yup!

Just to let ya know, If you want your Karma to go up never call anyone out for trolling even on your own post, Most people have different views on things, calling them trolls will only lead to neg karma
hfhf
 Quoting: <<TIMEWATCHER>>

hf

GLP