Some Nights -- WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR? TIME TO DECIDE

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31973927
United States
01/12/2013 12:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Some Nights -- WHAT DO YOU STAND FOR? TIME TO DECIDE
didnt their other song say something about setting the world on fire.
does sound like some childish revolutionary bullcrap. misguided
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31973927

The world IS on fire.

For those that have eyes to see.
 Quoting: NonAlignedEntity

Yea, but singing that that is your intent? Doesn't sit right.
KoFFee_  (OP)

User ID: 1373078
United States
01/12/2013 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I realize this is off subject, but my son just came home and told me I would like this game he just downloaded on his ipad--Plague Inc.

The object of the game is to kill everybody on earth by way of plagues--your choice. You can select bacteria, virus, fungus, parasite, prion, nano-virus, bio-weapon and more.

You can check it out here:

[link to itunes.apple.com (secure)]

He told my other son about it earlier and I guess he's already hooked.
 Quoting: KoFFee_

All this time I've been playing this game with my son--we lost--a cure was found. It's terrible, when the countries were advancing with a cure, we were both yelling, "no, no, no". How horrible is that? Interesting game, though, I could get hooked on it, too.
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task
the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24

"This man really is the Savior of the world!" John 4:42

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:7
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2426721
United States
01/12/2013 12:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
I stand for Jesus Christ and His Glory!

Praise and Glory to The Most High God!
 Quoting: jdb

bump
 Quoting: Uncle Mikey

:rps:

I'll join you in, I actually have a shofar!
:sho1:

TY! Your're funny!
KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
01/12/2013 01:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Something is going to happen, I can feel it.
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task
the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:24

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him;
and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, " says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:7
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550123
United States
01/12/2013 01:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
The singer is talking about his life in the music industry and all that he has sacrificed to get there. He figures if he has given up so much that he and his band must make something of themselves fast hence it is war. They better get busy getting famous. Music is everything to him. That is why he says he sold his soul and gave up his mom and dad. He also isn't there for his sister who just got divorced from some loser but produced a great child(his nephew) from the relationship. He also lost his girlfriend as well and sees her 'ghost'. She doesn't really want a long distance relationship and the hassles of his life. So he is going over what his love of music has cost him. That is why he finds a martyr in his bed which is him. He has martyred himself for his music. Guess everyone can ask themselves is what they are doing worth giving up what is important to them.
Mix
User ID: 1430445
United States
01/12/2013 01:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you listen to the CD each song has elements of the last, to really get it you have to listen to the who CD.

OR, for a quicker look, just listen to "Carry On Carry On," this is the "match" if you will, to "Some Nights"

So in Some Nights, we have this tortored, conflicted soul, in Carry On Carry On we have this person who just pushes through his conflicted life.
 Quoting: Poppy 1430445

Oh I get it the CD is like the Bible, once you get familiar with several songs it takes on larger meanings. Sort of like the book of Wisdom. Simple, and complex. "My head is on fire, but my legs are fine, after all, they are mine."
KoFFee_  (OP)

United States
01/12/2013 01:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
The singer is talking about his life in the music industry and all that he has sacrificed to get there. He figures if he has given up so much that he and his band must make something of themselves fast hence it is war. They better get busy getting famous. Music is everything to him. That is why he says he sold his soul and gave up his mom and dad. He also isn't there for his sister who just got divorced from some loser but produced a great child(his nephew) from the relationship. He also lost his girlfriend as well and sees her 'ghost'. She doesn't really want a long distance relationship and the hassles of his life. So he is going over what his love of music has cost him. That is why he finds a martyr in his bed which is him. He has martyred himself for his music. Guess everyone can ask themselves is what they are doing worth giving up what is important to them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1550123

Interesting, is this your interpretation?

Kimmah
User ID: 1430445
United States
01/12/2013 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1550123

Interesting, is this your interpretation?

I see both Mix and Poppy and raise you a Kimmah. this is all true. This group is just taking small themes to Whinge on and weaving them into repeated bigger themes. Kinda like we do here on Godlike. Somebody will write some little thing like "Fun" I like that group, then find a quality of that idea to leverage over to something bigger that is important to them, and someone else sees that and wings it back to their interpretation and slowly we go forward. And that is God.

GLP