User ID: 30262762
Canada
01/11/2013 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Young men giving up on marriage: ‘Women aren’t women anymore’

[link to www.lifesitenews.com]

January 10, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Fewer young men in the US want to get married than ever, while the desire for marriage is rising among young women, according to the Pew Research Center.

Pew recently found that the number of women 18-34 saying that having a successful marriage is one of the most important things rose from 28 percent to 37 percent since 1997. The number of young adult men saying the same thing dropped from 35 percent to 29 percent in the same time.

Pew’s findings have caught the attention of one US writer who maintains that feminism, deeply entrenched in every segment of the culture, has created an environment in which young men find it more beneficial to simply opt out of couple-dom entirely.

Suzanne Venker’s article, “The War on Men,” which appeared on the website of Fox News in late November, has become a lodestone for feminist writers who have attacked her position that the institution of marriage is threatened, not enhanced, by the supposed gains of the feminist movement over the last 50 years.

“Where have all the good (meaning marriageable) men gone?” is a question much talked about lately in the secular media, Venker says, but her answer, backed up by statistics, is not to the liking of mainstream commentators influenced by feminism.
Life and Love

User ID: 26735250
United States
01/11/2013 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Young men giving up on marriage: ‘Women aren’t women anymore’

January 10, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Fewer young men in the US want to get married than ever, while the desire for marriage is rising among young women, according to the Pew Research Center.

Pew recently found that the number of women 18-34 saying that having a successful marriage is one of the most important things rose from 28 percent to 37 percent since 1997. The number of young adult men saying the same thing dropped from 35 percent to 29 percent in the same time.

Pew’s findings have caught the attention of one US writer who maintains that feminism, deeply entrenched in every segment of the culture, has created an environment in which young men find it more beneficial to simply opt out of couple-dom entirely.

Suzanne Venker’s article, “The War on Men,” which appeared on the website of Fox News in late November, has become a lodestone for feminist writers who have attacked her position that the institution of marriage is threatened, not enhanced, by the supposed gains of the feminist movement over the last 50 years.

“Where have all the good (meaning marriageable) men gone?” is a question much talked about lately in the secular media, Venker says, but her answer, backed up by statistics, is not to the liking of mainstream commentators influenced by feminism.
 Quoting: UGLY FAT GUY 30262762

I wonder how many of these women succeed in that goal.
We become like that to which we are devoted. - Choose wisely.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30688956
United States
01/11/2013 10:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
The good men, like me, get burnt once and learn our lesson. I did everything in the world for my wife for 16 years only to have her betray me. She even admitted to everyone it's her fault but it's "her life and she can do what she wants". I doubt I'll ever marry again, but if I do it will be to an Asian or some other culture where the women aren't raised to be psychotic hippos who are never happy. American women SUCK. Yes, there are exceptions but they're few and far between. All the good ones are snatched up young and for a 40 year old like me the choices are divorced moms looking for a payday, or young golddiggers. I'll pass.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
01/11/2013 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
American women SUCK.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30688956

It's true, but Canadian women are even worse !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9456804
United States
01/11/2013 10:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
The good men, like me, get burnt once and learn our lesson. I did everything in the world for my wife for 16 years only to have her betray me. She even admitted to everyone it's her fault but it's "her life and she can do what she wants". I doubt I'll ever marry again, but if I do it will be to an Asian or some other culture where the women aren't raised to be psychotic hippos who are never happy. American women SUCK. Yes, there are exceptions but they're few and far between. All the good ones are snatched up young and for a 40 year old like me the choices are divorced moms looking for a payday, or young golddiggers. I'll pass.

^^^This. Very well written and 100% true and can relate. It is the real truth that a lot of people silently do not discuss in media etc.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31503468
United States
01/11/2013 10:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

i agree with what you are saying but be careful when dealing with foreign women as well.

i knew of someone who married a woman from an asian country

and she took him for all he was worth...

divorced him and took it all

and in the meantime imported her family here to live while they were married....

don't allow your troubles to blind you
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28039530
United States
01/11/2013 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am a woman and I don't understand why women place so much importance on marriage.

Marriage is actually worse for women and better for men.
Mr. PredictorModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 1032780
United States
01/11/2013 10:16 PM

Report Abusive Post
2e3r4t2352
"If there is a new fascism, it won't come from skinheads and punks; it will come from people who eat granola and think they know how the world should be." - Brian Eno
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
01/11/2013 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am a woman and I don't understand why women place so much importance on marriage.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28039530

It was worse for women 100 years ago but now it's the opposite.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31696926
Canada
01/11/2013 10:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh look the male sheeple are finally catching up to the depopulation agenda! Marriage has been a joke for a loooooong time before feminism ad gay marriage! whatever
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/11/2013 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

i agree with what you are saying but be careful when dealing with foreign women as well.

i knew of someone who married a woman from an asian country

and she took him for all he was worth...

divorced him and took it all

and in the meantime imported her family here to live while they were married....

don't allow your troubles to blind you
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31503468

Trust me, I'm not in any hurry. Like I said, I doubt I'll ever marry again. If I do, prenup. I got took for over 300 grand plus ridiculous child support. Evidently we reward adultery these days.
SpaceCommand

User ID: 1009022
United States
01/11/2013 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.happierabroad.com]

"Not many people know that Feminist media darling, Gloria Steinem, was in fact working for the CIA - or that Ms. Magazine was a CIA funded publication. So far, this is the most in-depth video on YouTube on the subject."

The NWO and its minions in the CIA are eugenicists who wish to depopulate the earth, hence their corruption of traditional values of marriage and the family. A weak population can be "re-educated."

Last Edited by SpaceCommand on 03/03/2013 06:06 AM
"With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things." William Wordsworth

And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe—the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.

John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address

Lincoln's economic advisor Henry C. Carey explained the universal issue in his 1851 Harmony of Interests:

"Two systems are before the world.... One looks to pauperism, ignorance, depopulation, and barbarism; the other to increasing wealth, comfort, intelligence, combination of action, and civilization. One looks towards universal war; the other towards universal peace. One is the English system; the other ... the American system, for ... elevating while equalizing the condition of man throughout the world."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
can't trust them anymore
User ID: 21043970
Finland
01/11/2013 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.mgtow.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31696926
Canada
01/11/2013 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Exactly!
clappa

Just brainwashed desperate naive dumb women!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9456804
United States
01/11/2013 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.happierabroad.com]

"Not many people know that Feminist media darling, Gloria Steinem, was in fact working for the CIA - or that Ms. Magazine was a CIA funded publication. So far, this is the most in-depth video on YouTube on the subject."

The NWO and its minions in the CIA are eugenicists who wish to depopulate the earth. Hence their corruption of traditional values of marriage and the family. A weak population can be "re-educated."
 Quoting: SpaceCommand

Well, I believe it is working lol! Any good man that has been screwed by the "system", will not partake in "system" anymore. It becomes a ripple effect...just like throwing a rock in a still pond...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19490298
United States
01/11/2013 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Our landscape of marriage is way different from now than the 1960's. Married people are required to have jobs... both. No way to afford it otherwise.

Thank your lords of the land for that one. Parenting is done by the school and by the t.v.

Why wouldn't women give up on marriage? There is nothing to gain unless you are rich.

Young men are just that. Metrosexual beings. They don't know what they are.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/11/2013 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Our landscape of marriage is way different from now than the 1960's. Married people are required to have jobs... both. No way to afford it otherwise.

Thank your lords of the land for that one. Parenting is done by the school and by the t.v.

Why wouldn't women give up on marriage? There is nothing to gain unless you are rich.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19490298

I don't agree with this. Plenty of people could get by on one income but "have" to have ipods, new car every three years, etc. In the firm I'm in we all make well into 6 figs and almost all my coworkers have working spouses. Plain ole' greed.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19490298
United States
01/11/2013 10:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19490298

I don't agree with this. Plenty of people could get by on one income but "have" to have ipods, new car every three years, etc. In the firm I'm in we all make well into 6 figs and almost all my coworkers have working spouses. Plain ole' greed.

If you don't have technology, your unemployable. Face facts.
TastyThoughts

User ID: 1308649
United States
01/11/2013 10:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

"They cannot see what's-up if They are looking down." (TastyThoughts)
"Something is smelly! Something is smelly, like an old barnacle encrusted shoe washing ashore in the middle of summer." (TastyThoughts)
"Yes happy Earth day. Now go tell the wicked to stop damaging the Human Species therefore/and the Earth; For, they are discombobulating the entire Universe and upsetting the Most High God." (TastyThoughts)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17299182
United Kingdom
01/11/2013 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
we will have robots in the future to replace women, cook better,clean better, listen better,raise kids better and better sex.

Its not long before we replace the crazies .

gdub
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27317240
United States
01/11/2013 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
My generation was enjoying our early 20's when online social networking took over. I can't speak for every guy, but my standards for wife material went way up when "nice girls" realized how much attention they got by showing off cleavage to their 500 "closest friends".

I started to think maybe I'm just going for the wrong women... maybe I need to find one that doesn't have an online profile where she shares every damn detail of every relationship. Nothing is worse than getting blasted publicly for some argument that was expected to remain private.

As it turns out, a girl without social networking is like the proverbial virgin bride and I stopped being an idealist in thinking that Holy Grail is out there. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but it's difficult to want to marry a girl that thinks it's classy to broadcast her ass and tits on the internet.

All that is to say that despite what bothers me about the growing trend of low self-esteemed females out there, it saved me from a few that I was ready to commit to way too early.

I'm not saying my future wife isn't out there, but I've learned that being 31 and having no kids - while many of my friends have their own little monsters - is pretty fucking awesome. In other words, why buy the cow when the milk is on clearance?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27317240
United States
01/11/2013 10:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

IMAGE ( [link to www.roflgirls.com] )

This.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4044514
United States
01/11/2013 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

Exactly!
clappa

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31696926

Exibit A (all of it) -- of the OP's title ^

Just sayin.
Uncle Mikey

User ID: 2217240
United States
01/11/2013 10:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
feminism, deeply entrenched in every segment of the culture, has created an environment in which young men find it more beneficial to simply opt out of couple-dom entirely.

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4044514
United States
01/11/2013 10:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Well, I believe it is working lol! Any good man that has been screwed by the "system", will not partake in "system" anymore. It becomes a ripple effect...just like throwing a rock in a still pond..."

"Our landscape of marriage is way different from now than the 1960's. Married people are required to have jobs... both. No way to afford it otherwise."
----------------

Did one post, just indirectly answer the other? (yes)

Strange how everyone seems to be on the same page, without realizing it.
Spine monkey

User ID: 31824263
United States
01/11/2013 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me.

I've been with my wife for 30 years. I reckon I just got lucky or chose well, right?

And all those married couples I know--just lucky.

Maybe you guys are making bad choices or something.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8693549
United States
01/11/2013 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post

Exactly!
clappa

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31696926

Exibit A (all of it) -- of the OP's title ^

Just sayin.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4044514

Cause many women treat their pussy like a franchise , the more suckers they can get an income stream from the better.

Some pussy is golden too , its promised out to 10 men and only one of them gets delivery. Rehypothecated pussy the new black
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24909641
Australia
01/11/2013 10:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why on earth would ANYONE get married nowadays. It's another form of slavery and wealth distribution.

Boy hook up with anyone for a year and bam they get half your fucking assets. They dont have to even live with you all they need is your mobile phone number, your Facebook page and they can invent any kind of "relationship" they want with you. Text messages, email logs,.......for one year and bam they can make a grab for some of your stash and you will cost you heaps trying to defend yourself from their claim.

Oh yeah people are giving up on relationships alright.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
Report Abusive Post

I've been with my wife for 30 years. I reckon I just got lucky or chose well, right?
 Quoting: Spine monkey

I kind of feel for all the women that I've stared at or flirted with. I think I just disturbed them more than anything.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Spine monkey

I kind of feel for all the women that I've stared at or flirted with. I think I just disturbed them more than anything.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30262762

I kind of feel ''bad'' for all the women that I've stared at or flirted with. I think I just disturbed them more than anything.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31759745
United States
01/11/2013 10:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Look. Let's face facts. Women in America are OBESE. Their vaginas smell of curds and whey. They are disgusting. And men are supposed to grovel at their cankles? I. THINK. NOT.

GLP