Young men giving up on marriage: ‘Women aren’t women anymore’

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27317240
United States
01/11/2013 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Young men giving up on marriage: ‘Women aren’t women anymore’
Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me.

I've been with my wife for 30 years. I reckon I just got lucky or chose well, right?

And all those married couples I know--just lucky.

Maybe you guys are making bad choices or something.
 Quoting: Spine monkey

It is sour grapes. I'm not denying that I do look for the perfect woman. However, my above rant is focused more on how standards have changed and in the process, I've become less envious of my bros that got married too young. I also know (seemingly) happy couples but those are far and few compared to what I would have anticipated life to be like in 2013.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3960495
United States
01/11/2013 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
My generation was enjoying our early 20's when online social networking took over. I can't speak for every guy, but my standards for wife material went way up when "nice girls" realized how much attention they got by showing off cleavage to their 500 "closest friends".

I started to think maybe I'm just going for the wrong women... maybe I need to find one that doesn't have an online profile where she shares every damn detail of every relationship. Nothing is worse than getting blasted publicly for some argument that was expected to remain private.

As it turns out, a girl without social networking is like the proverbial virgin bride and I stopped being an idealist in thinking that Holy Grail is out there. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but it's difficult to want to marry a girl that thinks it's classy to broadcast her ass and tits on the internet.

All that is to say that despite what bothers me about the growing trend of low self-esteemed females out there, it saved me from a few that I was ready to commit to way too early.

I'm not saying my future wife isn't out there, but I've learned that being 31 and having no kids - while many of my friends have their own little monsters - is pretty fucking awesome. In other words, why buy the cow when the milk is on clearance?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27317240

So true about social media (facebbok). 10 years ago, people could leave highschool gossip and "yearbook" curiosity shit behind them when the graduated. Now people into their 50's are posting their political views and messaging the guy/girl they messed around with behind the bleachers at the homecoming game (hey, maybe he/she was the one I should have married, right?) Its too tempting for too many people.
And heres a HUGE question.. Why are people so arrogant to the point where they actually think someone else cares what they are doing at a given point in the day.

I know guys who do this but lets be real, its mostly woman.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4044514
United States
01/11/2013 10:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

I've been with my wife for 30 years. I reckon I just got lucky or chose well, right?

nope... you were in while the 'in' was still good... This a recent thing over the last 25 years... But it "has" been brewing since the 60's / 70's...

you wanna know who caused it? -- -- the gay mafia's assault on the family unit and your first black president that signed the #1 unconstutional law running today in 1995... "The violence against women act."

Someone please tell me how you "protect" one, without the expressed implication of "targeting" the other.. When only two exist?... (male v. female)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9456804
United States
01/11/2013 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

No sour grapes, just stating the obvious. Everyone I know is miserably unhappily married...living a fake life. If I didn't pay so much in child support/alimony, I might consider a serious relationship, but no hurry in doing that as my life is very simple and ok.

I think it is interesting how women increase their personal wealth by marrying, having kids, getting divorced, and remarrying, while average Joe goes sideways at best

Am I wrong here? This is what scares younger men these days.

Congrats on being married 30 years though
John Nash

User ID: 23642437
United States
01/11/2013 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Look. Let's face facts. Women in America are OBESE. Their vaginas smell of curds and whey. They are disgusting. And men are supposed to grovel at their cankles? I. THINK. NOT.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31759745

^^^^
Post of the day
A supply-limited commodity, instantly transferable worldwide, person-to-person, is intrinsically and uniquely valuable.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24909641
Australia
01/11/2013 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
we will have robots in the future to replace women, cook better,clean better, listen better,raise kids better and better sex.

Its not long before we replace the crazies .

gdub
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17299182

Yeah that is probably the way of the future, only the women with the best genetics will be around to breed and they will only be available to the alpha males.

All the other men will have robots, and by the sounds of it the men with the robots will be very content and happy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30688956
United States
01/11/2013 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Their is a generational difference. The women of today are NOT the women of 30 years ago. It's a needle in a haystack trying to find a decent woman. I'm at least average looking, extremely fit, kind to a fault, and make almost 200k a year. All the promising women I've dated end up being huge disappointments. Liars, cheaters, gold diggers. It's not just me. Good guys finish last in our society of predatory feminazis.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25450407
United States
01/11/2013 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
The "MODERN" American female has a HUGE "ENTITLEMENT" mindset. Very few have common everyday manners wrt how they treat others (note the way they backstab and flake-ie: don't show up when they say they will or do what they say they are going to do) and almost all also feel that they should be catered to ALL THE TIME (or they will allow some other guy who is chasing after them to "catch" them - yes even the married women).

The statistics now say that 70% of ALL married women HAVE HAD AN AFFAIR, which for all practical purposes means that virtaully all average to better looking women HAVE had at least one affair (and of course some have had several). I didn't believe that stat until I was talking to a woman Psychologist and she was telling me that virtually all of her female clients have ONGOING affairs RIGHT NOW, and that AT LEAST 70% have had affairs.

If you just want a "Fling" ... YEP, today's "Modern" woman is GREAT!! Easy to bed, INCLUDING the married ones. First or second date is the norm, and if she is really hard to get she will be a willing partner by the forth date. If you want anything more, such as a long term relationship where she will be faithful or a supportive partner, FORGET IT!!, unless you are a Masochist.

I certainly hope and pray my sons don't marry. If they do I am sure they will learn their lesson early once they find her sleeping around, as she is virtually guaranteed to do within 4 years of getting married.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27317240
United States
01/11/2013 11:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
My generation was enjoying our early 20's when online social networking took over. I can't speak for every guy, but my standards for wife material went way up when "nice girls" realized how much attention they got by showing off cleavage to their 500 "closest friends".

I started to think maybe I'm just going for the wrong women... maybe I need to find one that doesn't have an online profile where she shares every damn detail of every relationship. Nothing is worse than getting blasted publicly for some argument that was expected to remain private.

As it turns out, a girl without social networking is like the proverbial virgin bride and I stopped being an idealist in thinking that Holy Grail is out there. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but it's difficult to want to marry a girl that thinks it's classy to broadcast her ass and tits on the internet.

All that is to say that despite what bothers me about the growing trend of low self-esteemed females out there, it saved me from a few that I was ready to commit to way too early.

I'm not saying my future wife isn't out there, but I've learned that being 31 and having no kids - while many of my friends have their own little monsters - is pretty fucking awesome. In other words, why buy the cow when the milk is on clearance?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27317240

So true about social media (facebbok). 10 years ago, people could leave highschool gossip and "yearbook" curiosity shit behind them when the graduated. Now people into their 50's are posting their political views and messaging the guy/girl they messed around with behind the bleachers at the homecoming game (hey, maybe he/she was the one I should have married, right?) Its too tempting for too many people.
And heres a HUGE question.. Why are people so arrogant to the point where they actually think someone else cares what they are doing at a given point in the day.

I know guys who do this but lets be real, its mostly woman.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 3960495

Right on.

I do think that it is a mentality that differs between genders when it comes to using Facebook to talk about private matters but at the same time, a lot of people are just eager for the opportunity to be heard.

The difference now though is that what used to be a late night drunk call to one person has become a late night status update to anyone who will listen. It's funny and I guess I just don't get it. I would imagine that having to see what one wrote yesterday would give them a more modest perspective on their behavior.

Then again, here we are, albeit anonymously, ranting about shit that's rather trivial in the big picture. Humans are strange creatures.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21963969
United States
01/11/2013 11:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Look. Let's face facts. Women in America are OBESE. Their vaginas smell of curds and whey. They are disgusting. And men are supposed to grovel at their cankles? I. THINK. NOT.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31759745

LOL!

I was going to comment but I'm not even sure how.

Dude, curds and whey?

WTF!

I'm not sure where you are fishing but those sure sound like throwbacks to me.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 30262762
Canada
01/11/2013 11:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
You know, I sent over 1000 ''meet me'' invitations on Plenty of Fish and I only got about three responses from fat chicks.
christian
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

User ID: 6038128
United States
01/11/2013 11:11 PM

Report Abusive Post

Their is a generational difference. The women of today are NOT the women of 30 years ago. It's a needle in a haystack trying to find a decent woman. I'm at least average looking, extremely fit, kind to a fault, and make almost 200k a year. All the promising women I've dated end up being huge disappointments. Liars, cheaters, gold diggers. It's not just me. Good guys finish last in our society of predatory feminazis.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30688956

Very sad....

Dysfunctional Families produce dysfunctional people...

The family has been under attack for a number of years now...

I come from a traditional family and I have a traditional marriage....

Apples usually don't fall far from the trees...
Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/11/2013 11:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
You know, I sent over 1000 ''meet me'' invitations on Plenty of Fish and I only got about three responses from fat chicks.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30262762

I tried a little experiment on match.com. I posted the normal sort of closeup as a main picture. I left out details about my job etc. in my profile. I got about 2 emails a week and maybe half a dozen smiles.

Then I changed my main pic to one of me standing next to my Porsche at an SCCA event. I put in my income stats (nearly 200k a year). You would have thought I was Brad Pitt and Sean Connery's love child! I had almost 120 emails, smiles, and endless chat invitations. Confirmed what I already knew about American women.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
01/11/2013 11:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

I tried a little experiment on match.com. I posted the normal sort of closeup as a main picture. I left out details about my job etc. in my profile. I got about 2 emails a week and maybe half a dozen smiles.

Then I changed my main pic to one of me standing next to my Porsche at an SCCA event. I put in my income stats (nearly 200k a year). You would have thought I was Brad Pitt and Sean Connery's love child! I had almost 120 emails, smiles, and endless chat invitations. Confirmed what I already knew about American women.

Lol, maybe I'll try that after I get more money and finish university.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17535889
Canada
01/11/2013 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Women are getting married for all the wrong reasons.
SmellslikeDrama

User ID: 1267719
United States
01/11/2013 11:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Not only marriage ; just dont have sex with them at all .

If you knock one up you are hooked for a very long time.

Your life is ruined.

Women aren't worth the trouble.
SmellslikeDrama

User ID: 1267719
United States
01/11/2013 11:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
A sure sign of retardation in a man is when you see him walking with a woman.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1254511
United States
01/11/2013 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

So how old are you if you've been married for 30 years? You should try dating (just for fun) to see for yourself how bad it really is these days. I hate when people talk about shit they have no fucking idea about and act like your the idiot.
jack of all trades

User ID: 32003632
United States
01/11/2013 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who started the feminist movement in America?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Canada
01/11/2013 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Not only marriage ; just dont have sex with them at all .
 Quoting: SmellslikeDrama

That's what the Pope says to the Catholic seminarians who want to become priests.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31894299
Spain
01/11/2013 11:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
If I was a guy I wouldnt get married.
Not in this society.
Most women have forgotten how to be wives..mothers..nuterors..carers..lovers
How to run a home and a family. How to love unconditionally. How to place family first..and husbands happiness top of the list.

A marriage based on mutual love and respect..honesty..fidelity..care and love..

A home

Sad state of affairs....
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/11/2013 11:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

According to the statistics your loving wife had an affair many times over. Your kids probably aren't even yours.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/11/2013 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Everybody takes the easy way out these days. f your marriage is too hard to deal with, get a divorce. If you treated your body like a cum dumpster, get an abortion. If you stuffed your face with fast food every day, get gastric-bypass surgery. If your lazy, get on welfare.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/11/2013 11:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

Very sad....

Quoting: christian

There are a few wonderful young women in my church but I'm almost 40, too old for them. Guys like me that committed to one woman only to be betrayed halfway thru life are screwed.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/11/2013 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

Very sad....

There are a few wonderful young women in my church but I'm almost 40, too old for them. Guys like me that committed to one woman only to be betrayed halfway thru life are screwed.

Yep, your only hope is hookers. 5a
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/11/2013 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

Very sad....

Yep, your only hope is hookers. 5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25028055
United States
01/11/2013 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
The "MODERN" American female has a HUGE "ENTITLEMENT" mindset. Very few have common everyday manners wrt how they treat others (note the way they backstab and flake-ie: don't show up when they say they will or do what they say they are going to do) and almost all also feel that they should be catered to ALL THE TIME (or they will allow some other guy who is chasing after them to "catch" them - yes even the married women).

The statistics now say that 70% of ALL married women HAVE HAD AN AFFAIR, which for all practical purposes means that virtaully all average to better looking women HAVE had at least one affair (and of course some have had several). I didn't believe that stat until I was talking to a woman Psychologist and she was telling me that virtually all of her female clients have ONGOING affairs RIGHT NOW, and that AT LEAST 70% have had affairs.

If you just want a "Fling" ... YEP, today's "Modern" woman is GREAT!! Easy to bed, INCLUDING the married ones. First or second date is the norm, and if she is really hard to get she will be a willing partner by the forth date. If you want anything more, such as a long term relationship where she will be faithful or a supportive partner, FORGET IT!!, unless you are a Masochist.

I certainly hope and pray my sons don't marry. If they do I am sure they will learn their lesson early once they find her sleeping around, as she is virtually guaranteed to do within 4 years of getting married.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25450407

bump
christian

United States
01/11/2013 11:49 PM

Report Abusive Post

Very sad....

Never give up, Ask GOD if it is within his will for you to meet a woman who is equally yoked for you..We live in very challenging turbulent times and life is very challenging, but GOD does not want you to be lonely or sad.... What about that Christian singles site?

Sometimes if you just can meet someone to be friends with and really get to know them...Well Love just might come softly....
Susie

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25028055
United States
01/11/2013 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Golddiggers.

If you hav to buy them a present get them a pickaxe.

Men can really love, women do not.
They operate on a different wavelentgh. Men only project their hopes and dreams on women. Women only take advantage of mans hope and love.

They dont love. Not really
christian

United States
01/11/2013 11:57 PM

Report Abusive Post

Golddiggers.

If you hav to buy them a present get them a pickaxe.

Men can really love, women do not.
They operate on a different wavelentgh. Men only project their hopes and dreams on women. Women only take advantage of mans hope and love.

They dont love. Not really
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25028055

If you know un-conditional love from your mother, then you will know the type of woman that can love....
Susie

GLP