Young men giving up on marriage: ‘Women aren’t women anymore’

Scarbedazzles

User ID: 26103023
United States
01/12/2013 12:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Young men giving up on marriage: ‘Women aren’t women anymore’
Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me.

I've been with my wife for 30 years. I reckon I just got lucky or chose well, right?

And all those married couples I know--just lucky.

Maybe you guys are making bad choices or something.
 Quoting: Spine monkey

I'm in your corner...

I think the MSM has changed what a young man expects as well... he thinks a size 2 with d cups and stilletos is what to look for.

ALSO while a lot of us were busy raising our kids to have everything we didn't, we created a monster! OUR own children have no clue about a "work ethic" or why grades are important, or the simple fact that you don't start at the top.

I can say that I have 3 daughters.... 2 married...

BOTH of my son in laws have driven my girls crazy with their love of "Video games" they will spend thousands of dollars and waste hundreds of hours online with friends..."having wars". So the street goes two ways.....men aren't men anymore either....they are boys only more expensive.
Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice shame on me.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1505809
Canada
01/12/2013 12:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
American women SUCK.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30688956

It's true, but Canadian women are even worse !
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30262762

Lies! It's all lies! :)
I know lots of really cool women. You guys are looking in the wrong places....or your expectations are too high.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30108049
United States
01/12/2013 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
marriage is an institution wherein each individual may discover the true happiness of letting go of selfishness. Each learning to sacrifice themselves for the needs of their children. Each learning to let go of petty desire and to build a relationship that is not based on getting, but instead based on giving.

marriage is an institution of learning.

but now...no one wants to learn anything...they are possessed with the demon called 'sate me'. (to sate = to please).

the other name is Satan.

tptb have won...and the people have lost.

the nucleus of the family is all but gone. The wife, now taught to compete with her husband for leadership is angry. The husband , now taught to bow before the demands of his wife, has become a coward. The children , now taught to rage against the parents in the name of 'indidualism' is lost.

and you thnk you are doing anything differently?

you revolt because i said the word 'Satan'? ask yourself why. Ask yourself why this bothers you so. Ask yourself what or who is enraged by reading this.

are you sure it is you?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1112387
United States
01/12/2013 12:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

I've been with my wife for 30 years. I reckon I just got lucky or chose well, right?

Their is a generational difference. The women of today are NOT the women of 30 years ago. It's a needle in a haystack trying to find a decent woman. I'm at least average looking, extremely fit, kind to a fault, and make almost 200k a year. All the promising women I've dated end up being huge disappointments. Liars, cheaters, gold diggers. It's not just me. Good guys finish last in our society of predatory feminazis.

Very sad....

Dysfunctional Families produce dysfunctional people...

The family has been under attack for a number of years now...

I come from a traditional family and I have a traditional marriage....

Apples usually don't fall far from the trees...
 Quoting: christian

There are a few wonderful young women in my church but I'm almost 40, too old for them. Guys like me that committed to one woman only to be betrayed halfway thru life are screwed.

Dude, what age gap are we talking about here? If you're going after 19 yr old girls, then maybe you deserve to be alone. If they are late twenties and you are late thirties, that is not so much of a gap, still manageable.

Believe it or not, there are wonderful women in your age range who have also gone through what you've gone through. Take a look at the women who are maybe your age, or 5 - 10 yrs younger than you, not twenty.

But you don't want that, do you? You pine for the 19 yr old, then cast aspersions on all women bcs you can't get what you want. Ridiculous.
Janus198

User ID: 875736
United States
01/12/2013 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
At work. Hot chick gets hired.

I saw a guy walk up to her and tell her he wanted
to swing her around by her braid. He was immediately
and seriously spurned. WTF?

I saw another guy walk up to the same women not five
minutes later, and ask her if there was anything he could
do to make her first day at the job go easier.

They were still talking 30 minutes later, she was smiling,
and he scored a date for the following Fri night.

You get married thinking you got an unpaid slave
with sex benefits, or someone to replace mommy,
you are in big, big trouble.

You might get away with that with some chica, but
the white girls don't play that.

You treat her right, and get to know her as a person,
and would rather pet her than your damn dog, and make
her your 'buddy' which
takes time, you'll be all right in a marriage.

You've got to LIKE the girl as well as WANT the girl.
If you take the girl first, you might never get to the
like part, even if you do marry her.
Janus198
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1550123
United States
01/12/2013 12:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am a woman and I don't understand why women place so much importance on marriage.

Marriage is actually worse for women and better for men.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28039530

these days that is true.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 12:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am a woman and I don't understand why women place so much importance on marriage.

It was worse for women 100 years ago but now it's the opposite.

how? most men expect their wives to work full time, raise kids full time, cook and clean full time and take care of their men full time while the man just works and comes home and sits and watches tv and plays video games. that is no life at all.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1393542
Australia
01/12/2013 12:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
The good men, like me, get burnt once and learn our lesson. I did everything in the world for my wife for 16 years only to have her betray me. She even admitted to everyone it's her fault but it's "her life and she can do what she wants". I doubt I'll ever marry again, but if I do it will be to an Asian or some other culture where the women aren't raised to be psychotic hippos who are never happy. American women SUCK. Yes, there are exceptions but they're few and far between. All the good ones are snatched up young and for a 40 year old like me the choices are divorced moms looking for a payday, or young golddiggers. I'll pass.

Perfectly and succinctly described.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 12:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Our landscape of marriage is way different from now than the 1960's. Married people are required to have jobs... both. No way to afford it otherwise.

Thank your lords of the land for that one. Parenting is done by the school and by the t.v.

Why wouldn't women give up on marriage? There is nothing to gain unless you are rich.

Young men are just that. Metrosexual beings. They don't know what they are.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19490298

I don't agree with this. Plenty of people could get by on one income but "have" to have ipods, new car every three years, etc. In the firm I'm in we all make well into 6 figs and almost all my coworkers have working spouses. Plain ole' greed.

If you don't have technology, your unemployable. Face facts.

having some new tech is fine to keep up with a job. but no one needs a new car, tons of new clothes, expensive houses, expensive vacations etc. those are wants that are killing people and ruining marriages.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 12:40 AM
Report Abusive Post

that is exactly what they are doing.
Rachael123

User ID: 837564
United States
01/12/2013 12:41 AM

Report Abusive Post
Men have given up on marriage because they don't need to marry to get what they want.Women are still making less than them.

Our landscape of marriage is way different from now than the 1960's. Married people are required to have jobs... both. No way to afford it otherwise.

Thank your lords of the land for that one. Parenting is done by the school and by the t.v.

Why wouldn't women give up on marriage? There is nothing to gain unless you are rich.

Young men are just that. Metrosexual beings. They don't know what they are.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23754089
United States
01/12/2013 12:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know, I sent over 1000 ''meet me'' invitations on Plenty of Fish and I only got about three responses from fat chicks.

So what do you have to offer a woman?
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 12:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Women are getting married for all the wrong reasons.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17535889

men do this as well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32008174
United States
01/12/2013 12:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Take a look at ANY dating site and notice a good 92 percent of the women on them already have kids, some by obvious multiple fathers. These same women are no doubt living with their parents, a bf *sucker who doesn't know she is looking to switch johns*, or they are on the welfare system.
These same broads with their multiple children *no doubt multiple personalities as well* think their shit is so diamond encrusted and beautiful they DEMAND that some Joe-schmo must have a nice new car, an excellent job, six pack abs, ripped, etc, etc.
They are perpetual children that still have glittery wall paper, listen to rap or mainstream music, often mention under favorite books description that "They do not read".
They are used up and dumb yet they feel entitled to demand?
Makes zero sense.
I recommend to any single guy who has a hard on just walk on by when you see some broad with multiple kids and thinks she is some sort of goddess.
Pay attention to the signs, save your soul, dick and heart from stds and destruction.
Always wear protection that YOU bought and never let it out of your site, these psychos will punch holes in your condom just to get another check.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
At work. Hot chick gets hired.

I saw a guy walk up to her and tell her he wanted
to swing her around by her braid. He was immediately
and seriously spurned. WTF?

I saw another guy walk up to the same women not five
minutes later, and ask her if there was anything he could
do to make her first day at the job go easier.

They were still talking 30 minutes later, she was smiling,
and he scored a date for the following Fri night.

You get married thinking you got an unpaid slave
with sex benefits, or someone to replace mommy,
you are in big, big trouble.

You might get away with that with some chica, but
the white girls don't play that.

You treat her right, and get to know her as a person,
and would rather pet her than your damn dog, and make
her your 'buddy' which
takes time, you'll be all right in a marriage.

You've got to LIKE the girl as well as WANT the girl.
If you take the girl first, you might never get to the
like part, even if you do marry her.
 Quoting: Janus198

so true
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32010530
South Africa
01/12/2013 12:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
:2e3r4t2352:
 Quoting: Mr. Predictor

I hate to break this to you...but in 10 years time she'll have a mustache and look just like her mother (who is indistinguishable from her father)!
Always look at the mother and the size of the ass coz that sucker NEVER stops growing...
Rachael123

United States
01/12/2013 01:01 AM

Report Abusive Post
Your right but don't have sex in the first place with them.

Take a look at ANY dating site and notice a good 92 percent of the women on them already have kids, some by obvious multiple fathers. These same women are no doubt living with their parents, a bf *sucker who doesn't know she is looking to switch johns*, or they are on the welfare system.
These same broads with their multiple children *no doubt multiple personalities as well* think their shit is so diamond encrusted and beautiful they DEMAND that some Joe-schmo must have a nice new car, an excellent job, six pack abs, ripped, etc, etc.
They are perpetual children that still have glittery wall paper, listen to rap or mainstream music, often mention under favorite books description that "They do not read".
Makes zero sense.
I recommend to any single guy who has a hard on just walk on by when you see some broad with multiple kids and thinks she is some sort of goddess.
Pay attention to the signs, save your soul, dick and heart from stds and destruction.
Always wear protection that YOU bought and never let it out of your site, these psychos will punch holes in your condom just to get another check.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32008174
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32008174
United States
01/12/2013 01:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

Makes zero sense.

Quoting: Rachael123

Thank you lady.
I wouldn't have sex with them but others probably will and the cycle will continue. My advice of the condom protection is just that, advice for a guy who cannot keep it zipped up.

The same goes for women who will continue to let punks use them, impregnate them. These women become jaded and lose their souls.

It is a bad cycle to get involved in, I dodged that train and even though I am lonely at times all I have to do is look back.
Crisis avoided. I am stress free for the most part while all my peers and many family members are suffering because they were, "Getting some". Now they are divorced, facing custody battles, getting drained of every penny while the wives remarried and in one case remarried 2 times after.

Part of the downfall of society. What was once right is now wrong and vice verse.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 01:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

Makes zero sense.

Thank you lady.
I wouldn't have sex with them but others probably will and the cycle will continue. My advice of the condom protection is just that, advice for a guy who cannot keep it zipped up.

The same goes for women who will continue to let punks use them, impregnate them. These women become jaded and lose their souls.

It is a bad cycle to get involved in, I dodged that train and even though I am lonely at times all I have to do is look back.
Crisis avoided. I am stress free for the most part while all my peers and many family members are suffering because they were, "Getting some". Now they are divorced, facing custody battles, getting drained of every penny while the wives remarried and in one case remarried 2 times after.

Part of the downfall of society. What was once right is now wrong and vice verse.

Men and even women are better off getting a dog for companionship. Also it is good to just cultivate friendships by volunteering somewhere. You might meet some nice people who are actually thinking of others and not just themselves.
Mr. D
User ID: 4603964
United States
01/12/2013 01:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think women are being controlled. Controlled women often means men are easier to control by default. Just the opposite of the movie Stepford wives.

[link to www.youtube.com]
Rachael123

United States
01/12/2013 01:18 AM

Report Abusive Post

Makes zero sense.

Thank you lady.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9977516
Australia
01/12/2013 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
marriage
MAR'RIAGE, n. [L.mas, maris.] The act of uniting a man and woman for life; wedlock; the legal union of a man and woman for life. Marriage is a contract both civil and religious, by which the parties engage to live together in mutual affection and fidelity, till death shall separate them. Marriage was instituted by God himself for the purpose of preventing the promiscuous intercourse of the sexes, for promoting domestic felicity,and for securing the maintenance and education of children.

Whoever said above that marriage is a form of depopulation is a damned idiot. A man and wife used to have many children and live together their whole lives, and their children would get married and have lots of kids. It's the taking of God out of everything to suit you piece of shit athiests that has led to depopulation, which hasn't truly set in yet but will, when God Almighty proceeds to pour out his fury on this ungodly nation of hypocrites. Only the those that serve God can see all the unrighteousness, iniquity, wickedness, evil, what have you, and destruction that is resulting from turning away from God, while the those that hate God blame those that fear God, and have no insight whatsoever as to what is causing the downfall of morality and conscience.

Nevertheless I will not be taking a wife right now, for the following reasons.

16:1 The word of the LORD came also unto me, saying,

16:2 Thou shalt not take thee a wife, neither shalt thou have sons or daughters in this place.

16:3 For thus saith the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begat them in this land;

16:4 They shall die of grievous deaths; they shall not be lamented; neither shall they be buried; but they shall be as dung upon the face of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the sword, and by famine; and their carcases shall be meat for the fowls of heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.

16:5 For thus saith the LORD, Enter not into the house of mourning, neither go to lament nor bemoan them: for I have taken away my peace from this people, saith the LORD, even lovingkindness and mercies.

16:6 Both the great and the small shall die in this land: they shall not be buried, neither shall men lament for them, nor cut themselves, nor make themselves bald for them:

16:7 Neither shall men tear themselves for them in mourning, to comfort them for the dead; neither shall men give them the cup of consolation to drink for their father or for their mother.

16:8 Thou shalt not also go into the house of feasting, to sit with them to eat and to drink.

16:9 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will cause to cease out of this place in your eyes, and in your days, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride.

16:10 And it shall come to pass, when thou shalt shew this people all these words, and they shall say unto thee, Wherefore hath the LORD pronounced all this great evil against us? or what is our iniquity? or what is our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God?

16:11 Then shalt thou say unto them, Because your fathers have forsaken me, saith the LORD, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, and have forsaken me, and have not kept my law;

16:12 And ye have done worse than your fathers; for, behold, ye walk every one after the imagination of his evil heart, that they may not hearken unto me:

16:13 Therefore will I cast you out of this land into a land that ye know not, neither ye nor your fathers; and there shall ye serve other gods day and night; where I will not shew you favour.

16:14 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

16:15 But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

16:16 Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

16:17 For mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from my face, neither is their iniquity hid from mine eyes.

16:18 And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled my land, they have filled mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things.

16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

16:20 Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods?

16:21 Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is The LORD.
 Quoting: jack of all trades

Yeah I think it's all based on the fact that less and less people are religious these days. Especially the younger ones who are more agnostic.

Yeah marriage is a legally binding contract but it used to run in tandem with being a RELIGIOUS SACREMENT.
BOTH OF THOSE legal and religious is what binded a couple together.

All us young guys see these days are the LEGAL CONTRACT and we know that when things go tits up that it's going to cost us dearly that we think fuck that, don't want to ever get married.

Besides, you don't need to be married to live as a married person anymore. You can live defacto and also have children without marriage.

So what's the point?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8693549
United States
01/12/2013 01:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think women are being controlled. Controlled women often means men are easier to control by default. Just the opposite of the movie Stepford wives.

Quoting: Mr. D 4603964

Oldest game in the playbook, control the pussy control the world
Mr.D
United States
01/12/2013 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8693549

Yeah except someone has turned it into a friggin nightmare. Psychopaths if you ask me.
kbrock1

User ID: 31980491
United States
01/12/2013 01:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know, I sent over 1000 ''meet me'' invitations on Plenty of Fish and I only got about three responses from fat chicks.

I tried a little experiment on match.com. I posted the normal sort of closeup as a main picture. I left out details about my job etc. in my profile. I got about 2 emails a week and maybe half a dozen smiles.

Then I changed my main pic to one of me standing next to my Porsche at an SCCA event. I put in my income stats (nearly 200k a year). You would have thought I was Brad Pitt and Sean Connery's love child! I had almost 120 emails, smiles, and endless chat invitations. Confirmed what I already knew about American women.

Golddiggers.

If you hav to buy them a present get them a pickaxe.

Men can really love, women do not.
They operate on a different wavelentgh. Men only project their hopes and dreams on women. Women only take advantage of mans hope and love.

They dont love. Not really
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25028055

bsflag
polyphemus75

User ID: 30618820
United States
01/12/2013 01:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yes Sir, the problem is women have been led to believe they are victims by the media, they are convinced by the media they are always being discriminated against by men, so they strive to succeed, become highly educated, attain good jobs, yet they are never, ever satisfied, women still want more, so they have kids, start a family, yet it still is not enough, it's not like what the Kardashians have nor like other reality shows, so, they throw their man away, get a divorce, plastic surgery and get themselves a new man, a younger man, yet it is still not enough, 'till one day they find themselves very old and very much alone!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1610534
United States
01/12/2013 02:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 8693549

Yeah except someone has turned it into a friggin nightmare. Psychopaths if you ask me.
 Quoting: Mr.D 4603964

The root of the problem is anti-depressants.

Cute name. Know what it means?

It means you don't feel anything anymore.

You become a sociopath.

Nothing touches you, and you feel responsible for nothing and no one.

So you can be psychotically cruel with NO conscience.

And women gulp them down like candy.

On the street, they're called Soul Suckers.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31847602
United States
01/12/2013 02:01 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah it's such a tragedy to get to stay home and have someone else go out and work for your food and shelter and then get to divorce him and continue to take half his paycheck even though he no longer gets to fuck you.

Boo fucking hoo.
Mr. D
United States
01/12/2013 02:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Epic

GLP