Why men cheat - this is for all you ladies out there

Ozi dude
User ID: 32019645
Australia
01/12/2013 09:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Why men cheat - this is for all you ladies out there
Op does she suffer from depression? There is too much stress in our lives and the truth is stress kills love. If you love her and want to save your mariage you need to eliminate some of the stress in your lives. Ie spend more time doing fun things together, just you and her. It helps if these things you do are stimulating you know things like bike riding or canoeing, bungee jumping ect. That will make her happier and want you more. I speak from experience. Of course it is not always that simple but sometime that is all that it takes.
Useless Cookie Eater

User ID: 29696048
United States
01/12/2013 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
the problem is YOU.

you can't EXPECT your wife to do anything for you.

maybey you need to wine and dine her more...make he
WANY you

stop being such a whore.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32053451

the problem is YOU.

WANY you

stop being such a whore.

You don't know what I do for her. In this last year alone we have been to Cuba, Mexico, Peru, Costa Rica. I am wealthy and she gets wined and dined all of the time. As I said we are best friends in our marriage and we do a lot together. She simply struggles with her sex drive and has admitted this.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28249357

You have two choices then.

1) Get a piece on the side.
2) Divorce. Since you are well off, finding another woman overseas should not be too difficult.

At some point you will need to do something though.
This is bottled up and building inside you and one day it's going to crumble on it's own anyway.
Best to make plans before it does.

Hopefully you have no kids together.
 Quoting: Useless Cookie Eater

No we dont have kids. This thread was not intended for advice it was intended to let women know what drives a good guy to think about cheating and or leaving.

Well in that aspect then....

nailed_it
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31307769
United Kingdom
01/12/2013 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
watch out for the ups guy its him dipping the missus
JustCinnamon

User ID: 31989439
Canada
01/12/2013 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been married for 10 years and I have been faithful to my wife. I love her and she is my best friend which is why I didn't cheat. The problem is that we have such mismatched sexual needs. Before marriage my wife used to perform oral on me quite a bit and we had a good sex life. After marriage within the first year there was a huge change. It seems to me that she did what she needed to do to keep me interested enough to get me to marry her. We have sex only when she is in the mood which is about twice a month. When I try initiating anything she comes up with excuses or complains about it. She recognizes that she has a low libidio and has said that she wishes that mine matched hers. I feel myself drifting and moving more and more away from her and I am not in love with her anymore. She still feels like a best friend, but I find myself frustrated and I am starting to resent her as a wife. What is running through my mind is that I am thinking if leaving her as the temptation to cheat is just becoming so strong. So if you want to keep your man interested in you and your marriage then feed he needs. It is very simple as men express and feel love for their partners through sex. It is what bonds us to you and what makes us move mountains for you. We are simple creatures that way.

So your being "in love" with her depended on sex, I guess. Not exactly sure what to take away from this. If you want to keep your man "interested" have sex with him a lot. Doesn't give me much hope in the male species.

I hope you've been honest with your wife, and told her all of this.
"I don't have pet peeves; I have major psychotic ******* hatreds, okay. And it makes the world a lot easier to sort out." George Carlin

[link to www.youtube.com]

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5144386
United States
01/12/2013 09:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
At least tell her it's at the point you may cheat. That might be enough for her to realize she needs to take your needs seriously and look into enhancements for her sex drive. Low libido sucks for everyone, but she needs to hear you say how serious it is and what she is going to lose.
SimplyDelicious

User ID: 29922547
United States
01/12/2013 09:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have been married for 10 years and I have been faithful to my wife. I love her and she is my best friend which is why I didn't cheat. The problem is that we have such mismatched sexual needs. Before marriage my wife used to perform oral on me quite a bit and we had a good sex life. After marriage within the first year there was a huge change. It seems to me that she did what she needed to do to keep me interested enough to get me to marry her. We have sex only when she is in the mood which is about twice a month. When I try initiating anything she comes up with excuses or complains about it. She recognizes that she has a low libidio and has said that she wishes that mine matched hers. I feel myself drifting and moving more and more away from her and I am not in love with her anymore. She still feels like a best friend, but I find myself frustrated and I am starting to resent her as a wife. What is running through my mind is that I am thinking if leaving her as the temptation to cheat is just becoming so strong. So if you want to keep your man interested in you and your marriage then feed he needs. It is very simple as men express and feel love for their partners through sex. It is what bonds us to you and what makes us move mountains for you. We are simple creatures that way.

So your being "in love" with her depended on sex, I guess. Not exactly sure what to take away from this. If you want to keep your man "interested" have sex with him a lot. Doesn't give me much hope in the male species.

I hope you've been honest with your wife, and told her all of this.
 Quoting: JustCinnamon

WAS SHE HONEST WITH HIM?

Last Edited by SimplyDelicious on 01/12/2013 09:42 PM
abeliever
Members

User ID: 17868616
United States
01/12/2013 09:45 PM

Report Abusive Post
the problem is YOU.

WANY you

stop being such a whore.

the problem is YOU.

WANY you

stop being such a whore.

You don't know what I do for her. In this last year alone we have been to Cuba, Mexico, Peru, Costa Rica. I am wealthy and she gets wined and dined all of the time. As I said we are best friends in our marriage and we do a lot together. She simply struggles with her sex drive and has admitted this.

Have her thyroid tested.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25254305
United States
01/12/2013 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
At least tell her it's at the point you may cheat. That might be enough for her to realize she needs to take your needs seriously and look into enhancements for her sex drive. Low libido sucks for everyone, but she needs to hear you say how serious it is and what she is going to lose.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5144386

^^

If you aren't willing to tell HER what you've told us, you don't have as great of a relationship as you say you do.

Communication for a woman is like sex is for a man.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1065760
United States
01/12/2013 09:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to undergrounddjnetwork.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11922974
United States
01/12/2013 09:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
The reason I cheat is because I don't see how that would hurt my wife in the grand scheme of things. I don't plan on ditching her and I take care of her. So another girl shows some interest in me and we form a trusting relationship based mostly on sexual companionship. How does that hurt my wife? I'm happier which means shes happier. I still provide, don't hurt her. There is alot you can do to hurt a woman, but cheating is not one of them. That said the perception is that its evil so I am forced to keep it from her because she bought into this media hyped perfect marriage where natural sexual feelings don't exist. So I say relax girls the main issue for relationships failing is alcohol and drugs, financial reasons, and overall unhappiness. As long as you are happy and your man is happy things are good.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22441207
United States
01/12/2013 09:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Once a week should be enough for you.

Did you make her sign a contract saying she is obligated?
JustCinnamon

Canada
01/12/2013 09:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
The reason I cheat is because I don't see how that would hurt my wife in the grand scheme of things. I don't plan on ditching her and I take care of her. So another girl shows some interest in me and we form a trusting relationship based mostly on sexual companionship. How does that hurt my wife? I'm happier which means shes happier. I still provide, don't hurt her. There is alot you can do to hurt a woman, but cheating is not one of them. That said the perception is that its evil so I am forced to keep it from her because she bought into this media hyped perfect marriage where natural sexual feelings don't exist. So I say relax girls the main issue for relationships failing is alcohol and drugs, financial reasons, and overall unhappiness. As long as you are happy and your man is happy things are good.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11922974

I'm assuming the same would apply if she was doing the same thing you are. Here's what I've found with men. Men will use the same ole excuse when they flirt, for example. Not hurting anyone, blahblahblah. But, the second you do what they're doing?? Suddenly, it's a whole different ball game.

Last Edited by Zuzu's Petals on 01/12/2013 09:54 PM
"I don't have pet peeves; I have major psychotic ******* hatreds, okay. And it makes the world a lot easier to sort out." George Carlin

christian
Suited up and Armored in Christ!

User ID: 6038128
United States
01/12/2013 09:55 PM

Report Abusive Post

You are being a liar and a deceiver what is Noble and good about that?

Your a weak man, with no will power, your loins guide you instead of your Virtue, Commitment and Truth...

Why be married? You make a Promise of Fidelity...

So you break your vows...

How you are a decent Man? you are a dime a dozen....

Not many Men that you can you find, are Diamonds in the ruf....

So ladies be careful in who you marry.....

Susie

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.....Matthew 6:21
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8862775
United States
01/12/2013 10:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP,

If she's being completely open and honest with you, you get to decide if you love her more than "sex."

If she's concealing things,
you get to decide if you're willing to figure out what it is.

And you get to decide if it's the former or the latter.

See how much power you have?
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 10:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Your a weak man, with no will power, your loins guide you instead of your Virtue, Commitment and Truth...

Quoting: christian

I provide for my wife and family. To me that is noble. I would do anything for any of them. But to me the whole idea of marriage was put in place to create order from disorder. Men having babies and leaving the women kids growing up fatherless. Well I am not doing that, but I do recognize I have needs and if I can make myself happy and not hurt anyone Im going to do it. If my actions in anyway hurt someone I care about I would suppress my feelings and not do it. So call me an unnoble or whatever I'm a better husband and father than someone who is unhappy and comes home angry and drunk and does not provide.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26339639
Canada
01/12/2013 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

You don't see how that would hurt your life?

You're an idiot, and I'll prove it- go tell her you're cheating and see how she feels.

Think she won't get hurt?

That's like saying crime is always justifiable as long as a cop doesn't see. So go ahead and tell her if you think it doesn't matter.

I bet you couldn't even stand the idea of her fucking another man.
wisc_natureboy

User ID: 31979138
United States
01/12/2013 10:09 PM
Report Abusive Post

You're an idiot, and I'll prove it- go tell her you're cheating and see how she feels.

That's like saying crime is always justifiable as long as a cop doesn't see. So go ahead and tell her if you think it doesn't matter.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26339639

Seems to me he is espousing a Machiavellian paradigm.
Many folks believe the end justifies the means.

I do not.
I subscribe to the Golden Rule and the concept of kharma.
We all breathe the same air.
.-.. --- ...- . / .- .-.. .-..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8862775
United States
01/12/2013 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
"The reason I cheat is because I don't see how that would hurt my wife in the grand scheme of things."

Of course you don't.
You are pathologically disturbed.
You are not well, and likely a Sociopath.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 10:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thats exactly why I wont tell her because I don't want her to feel like she is not the most important girl in my life. The perfect marriage you see on tv shows they don't consider the evolutionary instinct to mate with as many girls as possible. Now of course I know its modern times, but still its more natural then being with one girl. That being said I found my best friend and sole mate and I would not leave her for anything. She will never find out as much as I want to tell her and explain that its just some sexual companionship with girls I trust and consider close friends. She would never understand that. Thank you media and crazy standards you set.
JustCinnamon

Canada
01/12/2013 10:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thats exactly why I wont tell her because I don't want her to feel like she is not the most important girl in my life. The perfect marriage you see on tv shows they don't consider the evolutionary instinct to mate with as many girls as possible. Now of course I know its modern times, but still its more natural then being with one girl. That being said I found my best friend and sole mate and I would not leave her for anything. She will never find out as much as I want to tell her and explain that its just some sexual companionship with girls I trust and consider close friends. She would never understand that. Thank you media and crazy standards you set.

So you would be fine with her having sex with different men while married to you?

christian

United States
01/12/2013 10:15 PM

Report Abusive Post

I provide for my wife and family. To me that is noble. I would do anything for any of them. But to me the whole idea of marriage was put in place to create order from disorder. Men having babies and leaving the women kids growing up fatherless. Well I am not doing that, but I do recognize I have needs and if I can make myself happy and not hurt anyone Im going to do it. If my actions in anyway hurt someone I care about I would suppress my feelings and not do it. So call me an unnoble or whatever I'm a better husband and father than someone who is unhappy and comes home angry and drunk and does not provide.

Your making an excuse for your bad behaviour...
Would you like your son if you have one to grow up like you? being deceitful and a liar? Your being selfish, it is about making *You* happy.....If you put your family before you then you wouldn't be so wrapped up in your needs...

If you have sexual issues with your wife speak to her about it, instead of dragging another person in the mix.....

As I said..Your a dime a dozen...A Man who lies, Cheats and is concerned with himself first....

Susie

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1
christian

United States
01/12/2013 10:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
LADIES IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THIS MOVIE I SUGGEST YOU DO..
WHAT A MAN CLARK DAVIS IS....

IF YOU FIND SOMEONE WITH HIS VALUES, YOU HAVE FOUND A DIAMOND IN THE RUFF...

MY HUSBAND DOES COME CLOSE..

Marty Claridge (Katherine Heigl) has just moved out to the West with her husband Aaron Claridge (Oliver Macready), who dies in a riding accident shortly after. Marty, expecting her late husband's baby and left with nowhere to go, is in need of a place to stay through the winter.

With no other options, she accepts the arrangement offered by widower Clark Davis (Dale Midkiff), who offers to give her a place to stay for the winter and provide her with the fare for the wagon train heading back East in the spring. In exchange, they agree to get married, as he wants her to provide a maternal influence for his young daughter Missie (Skye McCole Bartusiak).

The two do not live together as husband and wife but keep separate quarters. Initially, it is not an ideal arrangement for any of them, and at first Marty and Missie do not get along. Marty learns more about "Clark's God" than she ever dreamed, and as the winter season passes, they all start to feel more like a family, and finally Marty and Clark come to realize they're in love, and that Missie has found a new loving mother.

HERE IS A CLIP..

LOVE COMES SOFTLY...

Susie

Anonymous Coward
Canada
Report Abusive Post

Maybe you're just a greedy cunt for wanting to keep a good woman to yourself and fuck other women too?

Ever consider that?

You don't think everyone everywhere doesn't want to do whatever the fuck they feel like with no consequences?

Part of being an adult is realizing you can't always have your cake and eat it too. Another part of being an adult is not risking the emotional wellbeing of your loved ones for cheap thrills.

You are risking her sanity, self-worth, and investment of her time in your relationship, all so that you can get your rocks off. Yeah, that makes you a selfish cunt, and although you can explain it, you certainly can't justify it.

She will find out, sooner or later. You've already decided sex is more important than your bond with that individual. You don't get to choose both and take no responsibility for your actions.
l3ol3o

User ID: 10729761
United States
Report Abusive Post
Well first of all you need to communicate. It's good that you want to stay faithful but you need to let your wife know that you need more attention. Two times a month wouldn't cut it for me either. And she isn't always going to be in the mood. I know when I'm told to do shit by my girlfriend like fix this, clean this, do that, blah blah blah. I'm certainly not in the mood to do half of that shit but I do it for her. She can do the same for you. At least she will if she feels the same way you feel for her. And there are things she can do to increase her libido.

Women need to understand that men have sexual needs. If you don't fill those needs he will fill them himself.

It's like not giving a dog water. Eventually the dog is going to drink out of the toilet bowl. If you don't want that to happen then give him some water. It's predictable as all hell.

It would be the same way as a man not giving women attention and then wondering why she cheated on him.

But as I said at the top of this post, you need to communicate with her and make it clear that twice a month isn't enough for you. If the excuses keep coming then maybe she is the one doing the cheating or she just doesn't care about you.
Ayatollah Khomeini:
“Islam makes it incumbent on all adult males, provided they are not disabled and incapacitated, to prepare themselves for the conquest of [other] countries so that the writ of Islam is obeyed in every country in the world. But those who study Islamic Holy War will understand why Islam wants to conquer the whole world…. Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those [who say this] are witless. Islam says: Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured by [the unbelievers]? Islam says: Kill them [the non-Muslims], put them to the sword and scatter [their armies]. Does this mean sitting back until [non-Muslims] overcome us? Islam says: Kill in the service of Allah those who may want to kill you! Does this mean that we should surrender to the enemy? Islam says: Whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword and in the shadow of the sword! People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! The sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for Holy Warriors! There are hundreds of other [Koranic] verses and Hadiths [sayings of the Prophet] urging Muslims to value war and to fight. Does all that mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim.”
****SUPERFLY****

User ID: 19055858
United States
01/12/2013 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
How many mammals are monogamous and who in the world invented and brainwashed monogamy into humans?

It's a futile arrangement! Hint....the Elites are never monogamous!
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/12/2013 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

So you would be fine with her having sex with different men while married to you?
 Quoting: JustCinnamon

I too am victim to the perceived idea of the perfect wife so it might bother me. The point I was trying to bring up here is that if you are happy, and your significant other is happy why worry about stuff like that. Now if something happened where I was planning on leaving her then its an obligation to tell her. But if its real love then nothing will break that apart, especially some love on the side. People are getting offended by this cant say its not instinct to be with as many girls or guys as possible. Now ask yourself would your marriage be better if both parties were happy? I'm not saying everyone is happy by cheating, but whatever it takes to make you happy do it, and your relationship will thrive.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/12/2013 10:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
How many mammals are monogamous and who in the world invented and brainwashed monogamy into humans?

Quoting: ****SUPERFLY****

Then don't commit to a relationship. Only a selfish piece of shit leads someone on whom they claim to love.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4804472
United States
01/12/2013 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

I agree with you, but most of these posters don't have the mental capacity to even comprehend anything outside of the tv life they are brainwashed to believe in. They will e the first one to judge you, so you are wasting your time defending yourself.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31911176
Australia
01/12/2013 10:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Before marriage my wife used to perform oral on me quite a bit and we had a good sex life

And there you have it -- I bet you have no idea, how boring "giving head " really is after a time - seems to me some women put up with doing this -- just to please their man. Then again some women just can't do it - have you ever heard of the "gag" responce.

damned
wisc_natureboy

User ID: 31979138
United States
01/12/2013 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: ****SUPERFLY****

That's because the elite are Satanists.

I dated plenty in my 20's but had a faithful 13-year relationship with a divorcée and her 3 kids during my 30's.
I didn't cheat, nor did I want to. Cheating is lying.
And yes, there were other women interested.
When I realized I'd be happy to see her happy with another man, I knew it was over.

It is a personal preference, and measure of charactor I guess.
We all breathe the same air.
.-.. --- ...- . / .- .-.. .-..

GLP