Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,035 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 702,608
Pageviews Today: 1,233,593Threads Today: 528Posts Today: 8,868
02:37 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!

Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/14/2013 02:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!

That's usually the most expensive way to buy prepper food. Why not buy an inexpensive stackable dehydrator, and then buy frozen food on sale, and dehydrate it?

See my sig for an explanation how to do it. It's probably the cheapest way.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

Thanks, I will check it out...also, I store and can my own foods, but some things I buy already prepared..I cannot afford to buy everything already dehydrated or prepared, but, occasionally, I buy the 5lb cans...I also do not always have the time to do it all.

Rice and beans I vacuum seal and rotate...same with spices, sugar, corn meal, powdered milk, flour,tang, lemonade powder, and salt..easier and cheaper to buy bulk bags and vacuum seal those myself..;)

Quoting: Abi ~

Just for kicks look here. I think you'll like dehydrating frozen food, stores compactly, cheaper too.
[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

Cool, TY ;)

I also recently discussed making a vaccum seal at home post-SHTF; see my sig. That's important for preserving food in an opened can (for some are huge) as well as for canning.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29746178
United States
01/14/2013 02:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

You fail once again. Are you psychotic or just completely clueless seriously.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29746178

Now see, my hapless money, that was an interogative statement i.e. a question. At the end of a question, we use a question mark.

It was rhetorical.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29746178

Still a question. Boy your mom and dad must be pissed that their son turned out so ill-educated?

I wasn't asking anything so no. What's your goal here to try and make fun of me and hope I say you're right at me being wrong? Because you've completely just resorted back to 3rd grade. It's hard to take you serious.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1589374
United States
01/14/2013 02:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Clyde X

Regulated means that we all abide by rules.

Since these are rights we are protecting, I would imagine any rational human being would only act in self-defense.

Yes?

Therefore, a well regulated militia would be one that all sees murder as wrong and self defense as right. Yes?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1589374

Murder is always wrong - and there was absolutely no connotation to such in what I wrote.

"A well regulated militia" does absolutely and unequivocally mean familiar/ skilled, otherwise they would be failing in their accepted responsibilities as "militia".

Where did this question even come from? How would you or anyone else see justification of murder in the 2nd Amendment?
 Quoting: ClydeX

You misunderstand me.

If you give rise to the idea that no one but trained soldiers have the right to a weapon, the 2nd amendment is gone.

'We The People' have the right to defend ourselves with a gun.

This is indisputable. It is about an individual right, not a collective one.

This is an individual right. We were not meant to be part of some citizen army.

Our right to self defense was the meaning.
wabishkaeyabe
User ID: 31736668
United States
01/14/2013 02:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
ETA>> He also, finally started stocking long term/bulk food which he calls "LIFE INSURANCE" it stores for 40 years and also stays good for 1 year once you open it...cheap prices, too...

Do you know the brand name? And when you say "cheap prices", exactly what is "cheap" in your view?

Thanks!
 Quoting: Dr. Anomaly

That's usually the most expensive way to buy prepper food. Why not buy an inexpensive stackable dehydrator, and then buy frozen food on sale, and dehydrate it?

See my sig for an explanation how to do it. It's probably the cheapest way.

I've got a nice, 9-tray high quality dehydrator, along with a lot of bulk grains (plus hand-operated grain mill), do canning, etc. etc. I'm quite a bit ahead of the curve that way.

BUT. It never hurts to look at alternatives, and if it really is "cheap" from my perspective, it can't hurt to add some of it to my preps & stores.
 Quoting: Dr. Anomaly

Sounds like a great setup. Any suggestions on where to buy?...what brand to get?...etc?...recipes?
Abi ~

User ID: 25045778
United States
01/14/2013 03:00 AM

Report Abusive Post

Yeah, Abi - see if you can find out what food he has with a 40 year storage life. Specifically, what has 1 year storage once opened?

The food we carry (WISE) is individual or dual meal packets sealed in nitrogen-flushed mylar bags, then sealed inside of plastic containers. This means you only open what you are ready to prepare. These foods have a 25 year storage life, and quite honestly that rating is for taste - it would still possess nutritional value beyond that point.

I'm hard-pressed to swallow (pun intended) a food product that would be good for 1 year after opened - not that is even realistic or worth dealing with logistically.

which one? sorry if I missed it

Will do...I know they said the honey powder would be good for a year..and some of fruits and veggies that were dehydrated..but will get specifics for ya..:) will post tomorrow evening on this thread

Thanks - we may be interested in carrying an additional line, though I've not been dissatisfied with the WISE products at all. I just don't see how they're claiming 1 year storage after opening - unless that refers to opening a can and the individual packs inside are good for a year.

I'll check in later/ thanks again.

You are welcome..and I want to learn as much as I can, so you are helping me by asking...and it will be about 7pm CST tonight approximately before I will have info and time to get back on here.. just so you do not think I forgot about you. ;) goodnight..
You accept the love you think you deserve~~~

Love cannot live where there is no trust~~~

Truth has no temperature~~~

Love like it's never gonna hurt~~~

Have no regrets~~~
Abi ~

User ID: 25045778
United States
01/14/2013 03:04 AM

Report Abusive Post

Thanks, I will check it out...also, I store and can my own foods, but some things I buy already prepared..I cannot afford to buy everything already dehydrated or prepared, but, occasionally, I buy the 5lb cans...I also do not always have the time to do it all.

Rice and beans I vacuum seal and rotate...same with spices, sugar, corn meal, powdered milk, flour,tang, lemonade powder, and salt..easier and cheaper to buy bulk bags and vacuum seal those myself..;)

Just for kicks look here. I think you'll like dehydrating frozen food, stores compactly, cheaper too.
[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

Cool, TY ;)

I also recently discussed making a vaccum seal at home post-SHTF; see my sig. That's important for preserving food in an opened can (for some are huge) as well as for canning.

I periodically check that thread..LOL..it just hit me that it's you...not sure if I posted on there or not, but many good tips and how-to's..I will try and catch up..so much to do, so little time..;)
You accept the love you think you deserve~~~

Love cannot live where there is no trust~~~

Truth has no temperature~~~

Love like it's never gonna hurt~~~

Have no regrets~~~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32171049
Sweden
01/14/2013 03:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

YES^^^^^^^

Of all the reports, all of the news articles, even all of the threads here regarding the numerous large orders placed under the letterheads of various government departments - they knew well ahead that once the election had passed that there would be a reason generated to begin the move towards disarming the American populous.

They also knew that even the first whiff of such action would generate a huge run on weapons and ammunition, therefore being in their own best interest to place large orders early. I believe they placed an order under every available department letterhead possible in order to collect as much ammunition as possible.

They knew what the administration was/ is up to. They knew what they, themselves were/ are doing.

There are no accidents.

^^^ THIS ^^^ X 1000
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1448568

Because it will be easier to take ammo away from us than guns...little by little...until, there is no more...eventually, ammo gets used up and there is no more to replace it..

they can disarm us without taking our weapons...stock up on ammo for the guns you have before buying more guns...
just sayin...

Exactly Abi, and also learn how to use a knife and hand-to-hand. It's good exercise and more fun that lifting weights. Chances are your buddy would like to practice his knife skills with a practice knife or his hand-to-hand skills. Go heavy on grappling techniques. They may get the drop on you, so practice disarming each other.

You won't get to practice later.

There's tons of videos on youtube to show you a martial art technique. Then it's easy to practice doing it with a buddy. You have to figure on gun jams too. Practice clearing one, and reloading the magazine entirely by hand, and then have a buddy test how fast you can do that. You sure don't want the first doing that under a stressful situation.

I'd also train with swords (gladius type swords and machetes), bows and crossbows. Look into that aswell as the stuff you said.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29226394
United States
01/14/2013 04:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
I found some AR 30 rd mags in stock here
$18.70

[link to www.themakogroup.com]
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/14/2013 04:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

^^^ THIS ^^^ X 1000
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1448568

Because it will be easier to take ammo away from us than guns...little by little...until, there is no more...eventually, ammo gets used up and there is no more to replace it..

they can disarm us without taking our weapons...stock up on ammo for the guns you have before buying more guns...
just sayin...

Exactly Abi, and also learn how to use a knife and hand-to-hand. It's good exercise and more fun that lifting weights. Chances are your buddy would like to practice his knife skills with a practice knife or his hand-to-hand skills. Go heavy on grappling techniques. They may get the drop on you, so practice disarming each other.

You won't get to practice later.

There's tons of videos on youtube to show you a martial art technique. Then it's easy to practice doing it with a buddy. You have to figure on gun jams too. Practice clearing one, and reloading the magazine entirely by hand, and then have a buddy test how fast you can do that. You sure don't want the first doing that under a stressful situation.

I'd also train with swords (gladius type swords and machetes), bows and crossbows. Look into that aswell as the stuff you said.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32171049

You're preaching to the choir, but the gladius is a great weapon (Roman short sword carried by the legion)
[link to 1.bp.blogspot.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31736952
Australia
01/14/2013 04:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
If anyone in AMERICA STILL HAS A FUNCTIONING BRAIN, LISTEN UP!

Why would you put this info on an open forum?

You guys are as good as dead..

sad...
Let the eagle soar
User ID: 1432291
Finland
01/14/2013 04:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Five stars and bump.

Good reporting!

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28870983
United States
01/14/2013 04:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

sad...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31736952

Dude, by law all gun stores must keep records of who bought what.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31400268
United States
01/14/2013 04:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

sad...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31736952

They probably believe in the 1st amendment or some crap like that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26985611
Sweden
01/14/2013 05:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Today this gun thing got real for me.

I was in PA today and went to BPS and Cabela. I was stunned.

At BPS they were almost totally sold out of ALL handguns. CASES and CASES were totally empty. GONE. They were totally out of 9mm, 357 ammo and just about everything else. I took pictures but since there's people in them I'm not going to post them. Staff says they can't get anything else at this point, their suppliers are out. There was a sizable crowd scanning the empty cases and shelves. Salespeople I talked to said they are convinced that if anyone tries to take weapons from Americans there's going to be a civil war. They said they're seeing people who used to be anti-gun want to get one because they're afraid of what they think is happening.

Later, I stopped at Cabelas. This place is right off the highway and very visible from a distance. The crowd there was even bigger. They still had a few --very few--handguns but nothing left that was a carry piece, imo. I'm sure they were depleted of the little they had by the end of the day. As for ammo, they were limiting to 10 box max. There was almost nothing left.

i'm finding it hard to convey how real all seems to be becoming.
 Quoting: telling it straight

This is a big American tragedy! lol

Buy a katana sword, this is what I did, guns are for women!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11354573
United States
01/14/2013 05:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
BS. Post the pics with the faces blurred or cropped out
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19461620

A little beyond my capability, sorry. If you don't believe me, head to your nearest gun shop and see what's happening for yourself. I do wish I knew how to though because the pictures really are amazing.

Dont worry about it OP...The shills are out in force.

I have posted the same thing, in my neck of the woods (Eastern, Ky) there is NOTHING to be found.
Holden
User ID: 29226394
United States
01/14/2013 05:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
BS. Post the pics with the faces blurred or cropped out
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19461620

A little beyond my capability, sorry. If you don't believe me, head to your nearest gun shop and see what's happening for yourself. I do wish I knew how to though because the pictures really are amazing.

Dont worry about it OP...The shills are out in force.

I have posted the same thing, in my neck of the woods (Eastern, Ky) there is NOTHING to be found.
 Quoting: Darrell41653

No. Its being found. Its just being bought before you can find it. Big difference.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1555009
Netherlands
01/14/2013 06:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
I thought this topic was about fishing
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32131983
bump
Wise One

User ID: 4613981
United States
01/14/2013 06:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
warning shot
 Quoting: TDJ

goodnews Love that one
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21657648
United States
01/14/2013 06:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

At BPS they were almost totally sold out of ALL handguns. CASES and CASES were totally empty. GONE. They were totally out of 9mm, 357 ammo and just about everything else. I took pictures but since there's people in them I'm not going to post them. Staff says they can't get anything else at this point, their suppliers are out. There was a sizable crowd scanning the empty cases and shelves. Salespeople I talked to said they are convinced that if anyone tries to take weapons from Americans there's going to be a civil war. They said they're seeing people who used to be anti-gun want to get one because they're afraid of what they think is happening.

Later, I stopped at Cabelas. This place is right off the highway and very visible from a distance. The crowd there was even bigger. They still had a few --very few--handguns but nothing left that was a carry piece, imo. I'm sure they were depleted of the little they had by the end of the day. As for ammo, they were limiting to 10 box max. There was almost nothing left.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26985611

Never bring a sword to a gun fight, ya dumb swede.

Do you REALLY think that a criminal is going to oblige you by using a sword when he breaks into your house in the middle of the night?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31993758
United States
01/14/2013 06:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Omg 5aJustin Bieber smoke some pot what is going on with this world
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26985611
Sweden
01/14/2013 06:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26985611

Never bring a sword to a gun fight, ya dumb swede.

Do you REALLY think that a criminal is going to oblige you by using a sword when he breaks into your house in the middle of the night?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21657648

So you can't even take some humor, jerk!

Sometimes I'm disappointed in GLP folks when they are just too serious; nobody will break into your mom's basement where you reside! lol

Come on, relax, there'll be a solution to this problem!

For us, outsiders it's a bit funny, hope you understand that, not that I against guns, in the contrary, everybody should have weapon training.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1227147
United States
01/14/2013 07:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
Two points:

1) Americans should have already had their guns bought by now. Just like liberals and anti-gunners see no reason to own a gun that is semi-automatic, there is no reason that every American should not own a gun as soon as they are able to. It's a right, a duty and not a privilege!

2) The government is not going to confiscate guns. Not handguns, not semi-automatic 'assault rifles'. Period. It isn't going to happen. It's nothing more than fear mongering. There will be more regulations and most likely a ban on future sales, but no confiscation. Stop worrying and creating more problems.
SRT

User ID: 32177220
United States
01/14/2013 07:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am in North Idaho, same thing here, even the reloading supplies are gone. Couldnt get primers or gun powder at all and anything AR15 is totally gone. The gun counters were full of people and guns on display under the counter were few and far between.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32001375
United States
01/14/2013 07:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
It is rather ironic that they have prepared their own coffins beneath the surface of the earth.
 Quoting: jack of all trades

I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!
clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15326304
United States
01/14/2013 07:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Two points:

1) Americans should have already had their guns bought by now. Just like liberals and anti-gunners see no reason to own a gun that is semi-automatic, there is no reason that every American should not own a gun as soon as they are able to. It's a right, a duty and not a privilege!

2) The government is not going to confiscate guns. Not handguns, not semi-automatic 'assault rifles'. Period. It isn't going to happen. It's nothing more than fear mongering. There will be more regulations and most likely a ban on future sales, but no confiscation. Stop worrying and creating more problems.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1227147

we arnt pissing off the world for no reason
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1025215
United States
01/14/2013 07:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
hiding
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21449935
United States
01/14/2013 07:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
A lot of paranoid people out there
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32039162
United States
01/14/2013 07:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
op , is this the cabelas at the intersection of rt.61 and highway 78 in hamburg ??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17444403
United States
01/14/2013 07:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

Ok so I call BS..wont post pics because people are in them. You think we're stupid huh?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31812044
United Kingdom
01/14/2013 07:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
You yanks are scaring me half to death.

If you all start fighting amongst each other there is no way in hell that shit will be contained politically to your shores.

Canada and Mexico will poop, the EU will shit a brick, the markets will tank.

I'm not even sure what Russia and China will think.

I'd expect the islamists will see it as a sign from allah of the downfall of the west and make moves.

If this shit does spill over into violence i think it has bigger geopolitical repercussions than you all realize.

GLP