Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,627 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 181,902
Pageviews Today: 300,813Threads Today: 95Posts Today: 1,728
03:54 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32142499
United States
01/14/2013 07:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!
The gun industry loves retards.....follow the money dumbasses.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31756161
United States
01/14/2013 08:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cabelas in Lacey Wa

I went looking on Saturday. There were still a couple "dangerous" looking rifle's, but couldnt get close enough to see what calibur. More than likely 22's, but was surprised to see them too. Would have picked up the Highpoint carbine in a 40cal if it was there. Why 40 you ask? Here tell there was a huge ammount of this ammo being made that just might get delivered to my door ;-)

Ammo was limited to 10 box's per customer and I saw pretty much every popular round. 9, 38, 22, .06, 308, 223, 7.62, 357, 40, 44, 45.... Lots of people buying tho. Got an update from a buddy this afternoon who was there this am. They were restoking ammo shelves, but same 10 box limit in place.

Plenty of hand guns available. Yes, less than normal, but still there. Semi's and revolvers. Many bolt/lever action rifles both new and used. Mags and accesories pretty much gone. I didnt talk to a clerk as waiting close to an hour to ask "doom scenerio" questions wasnt part of my plan.

Our cabelas is allways packed and the gun area is allways congested. This trip was differant tho. The talk of bans and what not was the main thing people were talking about. I would say the crowd was not double a normal visit, but close.

A local Fred Meyers recently started selling guns and ammo so I checked there as well. One old lady at the counter talking about her collection :-) I pitty the fool who tries to take hers lol She is ready.

Out of four glass cases they had only two left with hand guns. Again, both semi's and revolvers. Brand names and decent selection of calibur. Had a small supply left of most rounds. The clerk told me that they are not ordering untill the pending actions are taken. Then they will see. She did say however that a customer can order and they will do that. Question is what is available. She could not check on a Sunday.

Went to one other local gun store. Small place that I dont go to often. Higher gun and ammo prices are normal at this shop. Very little ammo or guns. The salesperson here had an interesting bit of input. He said that manufactures normally let everything kind of run low at the end of each year. He mentioned inventory and taxes as the reason. I have no idea. He said this time of year things can get a bit low regardless, but with all the panic buying, everyone is just running out of last years inventory. He said makers had allready begun trying to play catch up and were running non stop....?

Over all impression. Lots of people buying up whats left to be had, no real idea when or if things will be "normal" again. I did not notice any price inflation. People seem very concerned about what the near future will hold. Lots of talk of "I will not comply" with any new laws or bans.

I only know 2 people who reload and both said biggest problem for them right now is primers.

Good luck everyone.
 Quoting: RAG

The easiest way to do gun control is limit vendors, not civvies. That's all they have to. They apply pressure on large retailers and make things too uncomfortable for them, not us. If you can't source weapons from large places like a Bass Pro, then they knock a lot of the sales down.

I'd definitely encourage people to purchase a strong air rifle for back up hunting squirrels or rabbits. Most don't really have enough take down. You have to spend about $200 to get that and feel like it's enough power that the animal didn't suffer and was a good kill.

I'd be willing to bet some smart engineers make some strong air rifles. That would be unwieldy 'course Lewis and Clark actually killed some Native Americans that way, so don't discount it.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

i agree, a .22 cal air rifle you can just buy can easily take small game

there are 50 cal PCP airrifles pushing over 700ft/lbs that can take large game like this pig here

mose
User ID: 31759017
United States
01/14/2013 08:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
I thought Bass Pro Shop was a fishing shop. Do americans kill fish too with guns, apart from land living creatures?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32129936

I prefer dynamite, many Amerikans like to use an electrical generator to stun the fish.

Question: How did the netherlands come to be situated on a piece of land below sea level?

Answer: The weakest of the weak were pushed to the edge of the sea and cowered here like a beaten pup
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1184410
United States
01/14/2013 08:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
The heavy shot shotgun ammo was sold out at three stores I visit. Its been flying off the shelves and these aren't gun stores. 22 ammo almost gone.
 Quoting: shadasonic

So buy a box of bird shot, go to the fishing section and buy a bag of #3 split shot sinkers. Go home open the tops of the birdies dump out the shot and refill with sinkers, fold the tops back down, you can seal with wax if you want and now you have 00 buck for half the price. Damn people use your head
sodbust

User ID: 31044716
United States
01/14/2013 08:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
All the gun shops,, small dealers were all sold out by Christmas.. Just a sucking sound..

West Kansas is ready for battle as this is the 6 time in the past 10 years people have stocked up.. Spent every extra dollar they could afford at the time.

Just about everyone I visit with about the problems of our times am told of truck loads of ammo and guns ready to be passed out when the time comes.

Sodbust
Dream big,, its ones only chance
TechRaider

User ID: 8668963
United States
01/14/2013 08:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
My N. Texas Cabela's takes at least an hour to run paperwork. Usually about 100 customers at lunchtime on weekdays.
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

If you don't read the newspaper   
you are uninformed, if you do   
read the newspaper you are   
misinformed. -- Mark Twain

Giving money and power to   
government is like giving whiskey   
and keys to teenage boys.   
-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

TechRaider

United States
01/14/2013 08:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32142499

Chuck? Is that you?
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may.
Sam Houston

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

ClydeX

User ID: 11310285
United States
01/14/2013 08:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Clyde X

Regulated means that we all abide by rules.

Since these are rights we are protecting, I would imagine any rational human being would only act in self-defense.

Yes?

Therefore, a well regulated militia would be one that all sees murder as wrong and self defense as right. Yes?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1589374

Murder is always wrong - and there was absolutely no connotation to such in what I wrote.

"A well regulated militia" does absolutely and unequivocally mean familiar/ skilled, otherwise they would be failing in their accepted responsibilities as "militia".

Where did this question even come from? How would you or anyone else see justification of murder in the 2nd Amendment?
 Quoting: ClydeX

You misunderstand me.

If you give rise to the idea that no one but trained soldiers have the right to a weapon, the 2nd amendment is gone.

'We The People' have the right to defend ourselves with a gun.

This is indisputable. It is about an individual right, not a collective one.

This is an individual right. We were not meant to be part of some citizen army.

Our right to self defense was the meaning.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1589374

My sincere apologies - yes, I did misunderstand your question. Maybe with all of the conflict that tends to walk into these threads I presumed there was a set up in there somewhere. Again - my apologies.

The 2nd Amendment definitely does not convey that only "trained soldiers" should have the right for a weapon - if "trained soldiers" refers to only those who served in a Combat Arms position of the current military.

Conversely, I emphatically believe that it stipulates that each and every American citizen not only has the right, but also the moral, ethical, and social responsibility and obligation to possess weapons, as well as be proficient in their use, while being ready and prepared to defend their property, village/ town, county, state, or even the country. This, in my personal opinion, is the greatest overlooked part of the 2nd Amendment.

Just as the Bible conveys to Christians that no one owns us, and directs us that we are to study, listen, and prepare while teaching others; the 2nd Amendment conveys the same to the citizenry.

The Founding Fathers knew that this step was crucial in the very security and ultimate success of the nation, and conveyed an associated responsibility to each citizen - more of a responsibility of ownership. Ownership of not only the weapons specifically, but also in the fulfillment of the citizenry's responsibilities of ownership of the nation, as this belief has its roots in the ideology that no specific person or group of persons would "own" the United States of America.

Today, however, the citizenry at large cares nothing of ownership of this country -since that means taking on the responsibility associated with such, but have become much more comfortable being owned - but that's another rant for another thread.
Job 12:7) But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
8) Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2782120
United States
01/14/2013 09:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Post pictures of what you claim. Even a child can blot out faces with MS Paint if it was beyond your capabilities then you wouldn't be able to post on this forum so post proof.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32149853

I'm emailing from my phone to the computer but for some reason the phone has the little "clocky-thingy" showing its trying to send them but it hasn't transmitted them. I sent them to my brother earlier while I was on the road. Will ask him to send me back a copy. I don't know how to "MS paint" out the faces but I've got one shows the backs of a guy and his kid that I think will be ok. May be tomorrow but you'll see pics.
 Quoting: telling it straight

Don't give this POS & their ilk any more of your time OP. Plenty of other posters here are confirming your initial statement so just tell those assholes to fuck off ;-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29747300
United States
01/14/2013 09:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
no one trust the gov or obammy

Good post, OP. Thanks for the info.

Of course, that's what they want...civil unrest.
 Quoting: rainlover

Thanks, agree. That's the agenda and when the dollar crashes or we have the next huge disaster.....chaos will ensue...

Want to add that there was a line of people waiting behind each of the six "background check" terminals. I've never seen anything like it.

Quoting: ROM74

no one???? unfortunately about half the country wanted him
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32130103

overcap
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32163729
Mongolia
01/14/2013 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
If anyone in AMERICA STILL HAS A FUNCTIONING BRAIN, LISTEN UP!

Why would you put this info on an open forum?

You guys are as good as dead..

sad...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31736952

Dude, by law all gun stores must keep records of who bought what.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28870983

And the B@TFE is coercing gun dealers into e-mailing them with each buyers' private info. anyway. You know that info. is going into a national database, and it's reported to also be forwarded to your local law enforcement office so that they can keep an eye on you.

So therefore each gun buyer who buys from a dealer now has 3 gun registrations already to deal with:

1. The B@TFE form that all gun buyers must always fill out. These records are subject to B@TFE audit.

2. The national gun background check that the dealer submits for the gun applicant is widely thought to be recorded in a national database.

3. Now the B@TFE is forcing gun dealers to email them the names and private details of each of their gun buyers at the time of purchase.
Anonymous Coward
Mongolia
01/14/2013 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Today this gun thing got real for me.

I was in PA today and went to BPS and Cabela. I was stunned.

At BPS they were almost totally sold out of ALL handguns. CASES and CASES were totally empty. GONE. They were totally out of 9mm, 357 ammo and just about everything else. I took pictures but since there's people in them I'm not going to post them. Staff says they can't get anything else at this point, their suppliers are out. There was a sizable crowd scanning the empty cases and shelves. Salespeople I talked to said they are convinced that if anyone tries to take weapons from Americans there's going to be a civil war. They said they're seeing people who used to be anti-gun want to get one because they're afraid of what they think is happening.

Later, I stopped at Cabelas. This place is right off the highway and very visible from a distance. The crowd there was even bigger. They still had a few --very few--handguns but nothing left that was a carry piece, imo. I'm sure they were depleted of the little they had by the end of the day. As for ammo, they were limiting to 10 box max. There was almost nothing left.

i'm finding it hard to convey how real all seems to be becoming.

This is a big American tragedy! lol

Buy a katana sword, this is what I did, guns are for women!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26985611

ClydeX

User ID: 11310285
United States
01/14/2013 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
If anyone in AMERICA STILL HAS A FUNCTIONING BRAIN, LISTEN UP!

Why would you put this info on an open forum?

You guys are as good as dead..

sad...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31736952

Dude, by law all gun stores must keep records of who bought what.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28870983

And the B@TFE is coercing gun dealers into e-mailing them with each buyers' private info. anyway. You know that info. is going into a national database, and it's reported to also be forwarded to your local law enforcement office so that they can keep an eye on you.

So therefore each gun buyer who buys from a dealer now has 3 gun registrations already to deal with:

1. The B@TFE form that all gun buyers must always fill out. These records are subject to B@TFE audit.

2. The national gun background check that the dealer submits for the gun applicant is widely thought to be recorded in a national database.

3. Now the B@TFE is forcing gun dealers to email them the names and private details of each of their gun buyers at the time of purchase.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32163729

1) Form 4473 is what you're referring to

1, 2 & 3) A back door compilation of those with immediate intent and apparent ability ($$) of purchasing weapons - your name/ info is not submitted to this when you're buying your child a new bicycle.

Last Edited by ClydeX on 01/14/2013 10:04 AM
Job 12:7) But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
8) Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.
Anonymous Coward
Mongolia
01/14/2013 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Two points:

1) Americans should have already had their guns bought by now. Just like liberals and anti-gunners see no reason to own a gun that is semi-automatic, there is no reason that every American should not own a gun as soon as they are able to. It's a right, a duty and not a privilege!

2) The government is not going to confiscate guns. Not handguns, not semi-automatic 'assault rifles'. Period. It isn't going to happen. It's nothing more than fear mongering. There will be more regulations and most likely a ban on future sales, but no confiscation. Stop worrying and creating more problems.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1227147

It already happened in Kalifornia, and in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, so what do you mean they are not going to confiscate guns? They already have proven that they will do so.
telling it straight  (OP)

User ID: 1461054
United States
01/14/2013 10:15 AM

Report Abusive Post
Got the pictures on the computer. How do I post them here?
Anonymous Coward
Mongolia
01/14/2013 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Got the pictures on the computer. How do I post them here?

I think you need to upload them to flikr or Photobucket or something. See links:

[link to www.designzzz.com]

Then you can generate a link to those online pics with the hosting service. Then you post the link in your reply. As a subscriber, you may have a link or button on your 'Post A Reply' screen to make the pics show, I'm not exactly sure about how that works.
uscrusader1

User ID: 9491757
United States
01/14/2013 10:57 AM

Report Abusive Post
Two points:

1) Americans should have already had their guns bought by now. Just like liberals and anti-gunners see no reason to own a gun that is semi-automatic, there is no reason that every American should not own a gun as soon as they are able to. It's a right, a duty and not a privilege!

2) The government is not going to confiscate guns. Not handguns, not semi-automatic 'assault rifles'. Period. It isn't going to happen. It's nothing more than fear mongering. There will be more regulations and most likely a ban on future sales, but no confiscation. Stop worrying and creating more problems.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1227147

It already happened in Kalifornia, and in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, so what do you mean they are not going to confiscate guns? They already have proven that they will do so.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32163729

No warrant entry, cops, NG doesn't matter.

MtBarb

User ID: 29714721
United States
01/14/2013 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good post, OP. Thanks for the info.

Of course, that's what they want...civil unrest.
 Quoting: rainlover

Thanks, agree. That's the agenda and when the dollar crashes or we have the next huge disaster.....chaos will ensue...

Want to add that there was a line of people waiting behind each of the six "background check" terminals. I've never seen anything like it.

Why would they want to round everyone up and spread chaos making us vulnerable to everything else. Soldiers would be going after there own family.

This is about something else. If they wanted to start civil unrest they'd just kill the power and fucking do it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29746178

Nope, what they would do is deliberately deploy say the Indiana National Guard to Missouri and therefore they wouldn't be going after anyone they knew.

They also might use Canadians to do the same and our troops there.

This is going to sound like a bad movie, but a year ago last summer (18 months ago) there were Chinese troops in full summer uniform shopping at Walmart in Helena, Montana. I didn't have my cell phone so I couldn't take a picture. Nobody I told about the experience seemed to see anything sinister in it. I followed a group of six outside and they boarded a chartered bus, accompanied by three civilians in suits, two men and a woman. I wondered if they were connected to the new Chinese beach-head (27 square miles) being built next to the Boise (Idaho) airport. IMHO, those are the folks we'll see on the streets during civil unrest.

Another creepy incident: Leon Panetta, then Sec. of Def., telling a Senate Committee: "I take my orders from NATO and the UN." The senator told him: "Mr Panetta that is the most frightening thing I have ever heard in all my years of public service."
MtBarb
uscrusader1

United States
01/14/2013 12:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
Another creepy incident: Leon Panetta, then Sec. of Def., telling a Senate Committee: "I take my orders from NATO and the UN." The senator told him: "Mr Panetta that is the most frightening thing I have ever heard in all my years of public service."
 Quoting: MtBarb

Just like hussein obongo, panetta is an avowed communist with all the commief*ckwit connections. He brokered the missile guidance secretss to the chinese back in clinton days.

Last Edited by uscrusader1 on 01/14/2013 12:10 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32190916
United Kingdom
01/14/2013 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32142499

Maybe; it's my take that we had a fuel 'shortage' situation last year that helped bump the gov. revenue figures by way of the 'hoarding'..
TechRaider

United States
01/14/2013 02:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Post pictures of what you claim. Even a child can blot out faces with MS Paint if it was beyond your capabilities then you wouldn't be able to post on this forum so post proof.

Yes shill, OP and everybody else just making stuff up. I have been ammo shopping lately and the stores are packed and everything picked-over. Cabela's had a dozen employees and 100+ customers AT THE GUN COUNTER on a weekday. Took almost 2 hours to run the paperwork. Hell, even dear leader mentioned frantic buying today at his BS presser.
Sam Houston

Thomas Jefferson

uscrusader1

United States
01/14/2013 02:16 PM

Report Abusive Post

Yes shill, OP and everybody else just making stuff up. I have been ammo shopping lately and the stores are packed and everything picked-over. Cabela's had a dozen employees and 100+ customers AT THE GUN COUNTER on a weekday. Took almost 2 hours to run the paperwork. Hell, even dear leader mentioned frantic buying today at his BS presser.
 Quoting: TechRaider

Yup, has a Chick-fil-A feel to it doesn't it?
Dr. Anomaly

User ID: 30918932
United States
01/14/2013 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

Do you know the brand name? And when you say "cheap prices", exactly what is "cheap" in your view?

Thanks!
 Quoting: Dr. Anomaly

That's usually the most expensive way to buy prepper food. Why not buy an inexpensive stackable dehydrator, and then buy frozen food on sale, and dehydrate it?

See my sig for an explanation how to do it. It's probably the cheapest way.

I've got a nice, 9-tray high quality dehydrator, along with a lot of bulk grains (plus hand-operated grain mill), do canning, etc. etc. I'm quite a bit ahead of the curve that way.

BUT. It never hurts to look at alternatives, and if it really is "cheap" from my perspective, it can't hurt to add some of it to my preps & stores.
 Quoting: Dr. Anomaly

Sounds like a great setup. Any suggestions on where to buy?...what brand to get?...etc?...recipes?
 Quoting: wabishkaeyabe 31736668

You mean, what brand and where to get the dehydrator and the grain mill?
Three Bribes for the Democrats sneaky and sly,
Seven for the Bankers in their halls of gold,
Nine for Labor Unions sucking us dry,
One for the Liar Chief leaving us cold
In Washington D.C. where politicians lie.

One Bill to rule them all, One Bill to find them,
One Bill to bring them all and in the debt-ness bind them
In Washington D.C. where politicians lie.
Dr. Lecter

User ID: 24275310
United States
01/14/2013 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: TechRaider

can you believe these asshats are still spouting this kind of crap?!

some people just refuse to recognize reality until it walks up and slaps 'em up-side the back of the head.
"Moral of the story is I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again.

==== ESTJ-a (Executive) 93% Extroverted, 82% Observant, 83% Thinking, 82% Judging,72% Assertive ====
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 218357
United States
01/14/2013 04:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Reality is about to "bite" us all!
Dr. Lecter

User ID: 24275310
United States
01/14/2013 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I regularly work the gun shows in SE Arizona, selling t-shirts and survival supplies.

Over the last year, I have watched people buying ammo in amazing numbers, with each new month dwarfing the last.

This one guy in particular who does the Crossroads shows comes with a loaded semi full of various calibers, especially heavy with .223 and 7.62x39 and is leaving empty. His tables are non-stop from when the show first opens until he runs out of ammo.

Prices on certain weapons has jumped, particularly the AKs and ARs... and now even the SKS'.

All the other venders, the t-shirts, memorabilia, jewelry and leather goods are all slumping because the people are coming specifically to buy ammo, clips, and weapons.

The survival gear and LTSF (long-term storable food) is still selling pretty consistently though.

The people have sensed this coming, and I have witnessed their response.

This IS the facts.

Last Edited by Mike Ehrmantraut on 01/14/2013 04:12 PM
"Moral of the story is I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again.

==== ESTJ-a (Executive) 93% Extroverted, 82% Observant, 83% Thinking, 82% Judging,72% Assertive ====
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14873148
United States
01/14/2013 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
I regularly work the gun shows in SE Arizona, selling t-shirts and survival supplies.

Over the last year, I have watched people buying ammo in amazing numbers, with each new month dwarfing the last.

This one guy in particular who does the Crossroads shows comes with a loaded semi full of various calibers, especially heavy with .223 and 7.62x39 and is leaving empty. His tables are non-stop from when the show first opens until he runs out of ammo.

Prices on certain weapons has jumped, particularly the AKs and ARs... and now even the SKS'.

All the other venders, the t-shirts, memorabilia, jewelry and leather goods are all slumping because the people are coming specifically to buy ammo, clips, and weapons.

The survival gear and LTSF (long-term storable food) is still selling pretty consistently though.

The people have sensed this coming, and I have witnessed their response.

This IS the facts.
 Quoting: Dr. Lecter

Ty for your input and observations.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/14/2013 04:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
The heavy shot shotgun ammo was sold out at three stores I visit. Its been flying off the shelves and these aren't gun stores. 22 ammo almost gone.
 Quoting: shadasonic

So buy a box of bird shot, go to the fishing section and buy a bag of #3 split shot sinkers. Go home open the tops of the birdies dump out the shot and refill with sinkers, fold the tops back down, you can seal with wax if you want and now you have 00 buck for half the price. Damn people use your head
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1184410

Damn good post about MacGuyvering. If you had an account, I'd give you karma for using your head and explaining it simply.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/14/2013 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

Why would they want to round everyone up and spread chaos making us vulnerable to everything else. Soldiers would be going after there own family.

This is about something else. If they wanted to start civil unrest they'd just kill the power and fucking do it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29746178

Nope, what they would do is deliberately deploy say the Indiana National Guard to Missouri and therefore they wouldn't be going after anyone they knew.

They also might use Canadians to do the same and our troops there.

This is going to sound like a bad movie, but a year ago last summer (18 months ago) there were Chinese troops in full summer uniform shopping at Walmart in Helena, Montana. I didn't have my cell phone so I couldn't take a picture. Nobody I told about the experience seemed to see anything sinister in it. I followed a group of six outside and they boarded a chartered bus, accompanied by three civilians in suits, two men and a woman. I wondered if they were connected to the new Chinese beach-head (27 square miles) being built next to the Boise (Idaho) airport. IMHO, those are the folks we'll see on the streets during civil unrest.

Quoting: MtBarb

Because someone will think this isn't true, I'm including the treasonous statement Panetta made:

Since we have training exercise in urban pacification (putting down civil unrest, gun confiscation exercises, assault upon pretend urban cities (they have special training facilities at Fort Knox), etc then foreign troops train along side our soldiers since they don't or might not have facilities. Your statement is correct and alarming.

Edit: Added two link discussing Zussman Urban Combat Center
[link to www.technomad.com]
[link to www.wareinc.com]

Since much of the 20th and 21st Century actions have also including security of urban environments (like Vietnam and the Gulf Wars), then they test in US cities as well as those training facilities to give soldiers real life training.

However according to Posse Comitatus, domestic use of military forces in US cities is unconstitutional. It was used during the US Civil War and is problematic from a legal standpoint.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/14/2013 05:05 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2013 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
I found some AR 30 rd mags in stock here
$18.70

[link to www.themakogroup.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29226394

^^^This^^^ Thanks for the link!!

GLP