Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,344 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 468,450
Pageviews Today: 761,171Threads Today: 257Posts Today: 4,095
09:14 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4192069
United States
01/13/2013 10:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!
I believe you, OP. I'm just a housewife and I was in 4 different gun shops this weekend, doing a trade-in for a bigger gun and stocking up on ammo. Its crazy out there.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2592137

Were you able to get everything you wanted? Did you encounter empty shelves like I saw today?
 Quoting: telling it straight

Yes, I now have a big ass scary gun and a good supply of ammo.

It was my way of exercising my 2nd amendment right, especially since where i live, police respond time is about 20 minutes.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4192069

Btw, my ip keeps resetting, idk why.
telling it straight  (OP)

User ID: 1461054
United States
01/13/2013 10:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
I believe you, OP. I'm just a housewife and I was in 4 different gun shops this weekend, doing a trade-in for a bigger gun and stocking up on ammo. Its crazy out there.

Were you able to get everything you wanted? Did you encounter empty shelves like I saw today?

It was my way of exercising my 2nd amendment right, especially since where i live, police respond time is about 20 minutes.

Good...glad to know you'll be in good shape when it hits the fan. How'd the supply of guns and ammo look at the 4 shops you visited?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32129936
Netherlands
01/13/2013 10:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
I thought Bass Pro Shop was a fishing shop. Do americans kill fish too with guns, apart from land living creatures?
Desert Fox

User ID: 8786935
United States
01/13/2013 10:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
5 stars
:TOMABANEFOX:
It's more humane this way ya know, or burn on totem pole. Choice is yours.
_____tard

User ID: 27876141
United States
01/13/2013 10:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can vouch for what OP says, at least here in AZ. Both scottsdale gun club and US autoweapons shelves are 95% empty. They still had 1911's, revolvers, bolt action rifles and some shotguns but all the carry handguns and semi auto rifles were completely gone.

Even if nothing happens with the feds this has completely wrecked the gun economy for at least a year. You cant even find bullets, no not rounds, bullets as in components for reloading. All gone. This is going to put hundreds, maybe thousands of small gun shops out of business.

United States
01/13/2013 10:15 PM

Report Abusive Post
I thought Bass Pro Shop was a fishing shop. Do americans kill fish too with guns, apart from land living creatures?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32129936

Bass Pro Shop is a sporting goods store--an experience actually. Very cool place to visit as is Cabela's.

[link to www.basspro.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24473407
United States
01/13/2013 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Went to walmart tonite, everything is wiped out. They are saying the govt is purchasing LARGE amounts of ammo, guns, so that we don't get them.

United States
01/13/2013 10:17 PM

Report Abusive Post
I can vouch for what OP says, at least here in AZ. Both scottsdale gun club and US autoweapons shelves are 95% empty. They still had 1911's, revolvers, bolt action rifles and some shotguns but all the carry handguns and semi auto rifles were completely gone.

Even if nothing happens with the feds this has completely wrecked the gun economy for at least a year. You cant even find bullets, no not rounds, bullets as in components for reloading. All gone. This is going to put hundreds, maybe thousands of small gun shops out of business.
 Quoting: _____tard

Excellent point I'm sorry to say.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/13/2013 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
It is the same here in KY the shelves almost bare on all.
It appears this is all by design,the silence of many electeds now speaks volumes.
 Quoting: canoes4u

This^
 Quoting: beeches

One KY Sheriff spoke out saying he wouldn't allow a ban. Brave guy.

When people get ramped up, all it will take will be some idiot politician trying something locally, and some mouthy guy packing to get in his face, and it will be a powderkeg.

I hope people think smart, be lowkey, and be prepared. I feel safer when the neighborhood is armed in high percentages, and that's normal in KY. But some grandstanding politician could set it off.

United States
01/13/2013 10:18 PM

Report Abusive Post
Went to walmart tonite, everything is wiped out. They are saying the govt is purchasing LARGE amounts of ammo, guns, so that we don't get them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24473407

We've seen those threads on this board where DHS is ordering hundreds of thousands of rounds of hollow points....
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
Report Abusive Post

Bass Pro Shop is a sporting goods store--an experience actually. Very cool place to visit as is Cabela's.

OK, thanks. I'll visit those shops for sure, when I have bought my US citizenship.

I'll need a few guns in Alaska.
Amcit

User ID: 5729372
United States
Report Abusive Post

We've met several of you Dutch brain dreads in our
life. Your all the same. Too brainwashed to even have
a clue. So STFU & go back to the coffee shop for another
doobie.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4192069
United States
01/13/2013 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Good...glad to know you'll be in good shape when it hits the fan. How'd the supply of guns and ammo look at the 4 shops you visited?

Well I got one of the last models of what I bought and all of the heavy hitting assalt rifles were sold out. There was one ar15 style, but it was only 9mm. They had just got a shipment of ammo, so I got what I needed.

The prices have amost increased by 40% on some rifles since prior to 12/14.

If you dont have a good supply of ammo and a back up for your main weapon, you're pretty much fucked. Its over. The prices are crazy.

Now I am just a housewife, I cant imagine what the real gun nuts are doing, but i'll be damned if i'm going to be a victim.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/13/2013 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

The Bass Pro folks do some really great things like provide bow and arrow ranges for target shooting and this allows kids to practice indoors. Nice people usually working there too.
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
01/13/2013 10:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

We've met several of you Dutch brain dreads in our
life. Your all the same. Too brainwashed to even have
a clue. So STFU & go back to the coffee shop for another
doobie.
 Quoting: Amcit

WTF?

Your ignorance and prejudice is immense. I'm not even Dutch.
uscrusader1

User ID: 9491757
United States
01/13/2013 10:23 PM

Report Abusive Post

Quoting: _____tard

In anti-gun IL.
Exactly, a friend said small gun shop owners all have the same story, no firm resupply info.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22944917
United States
01/13/2013 10:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Today this gun thing got real for me.

I was in PA today and went to BPS and Cabela. I was stunned.

At BPS they were almost totally sold out of ALL handguns. CASES and CASES were totally empty. GONE. They were totally out of 9mm, 357 ammo and just about everything else. I took pictures but since there's people in them I'm not going to post them. Staff says they can't get anything else at this point, their suppliers are out. There was a sizable crowd scanning the empty cases and shelves. Salespeople I talked to said they are convinced that if anyone tries to take weapons from Americans there's going to be a civil war. They said they're seeing people who used to be anti-gun want to get one because they're afraid of what they think is happening.

Later, I stopped at Cabelas. This place is right off the highway and very visible from a distance. The crowd there was even bigger. They still had a few --very few--handguns but nothing left that was a carry piece, imo. I'm sure they were depleted of the little they had by the end of the day. As for ammo, they were limiting to 10 box max. There was almost nothing left.

i'm finding it hard to convey how real all seems to be becoming.

I was just at cabela's and gander mountain yesterday, and while they were very low if not out of 9mm and .223, they had MANY MANY guns in stock.
JF Priest
User ID: 28951444
United States
01/13/2013 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
BS. Post the pics with the faces blurred or cropped out
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19461620

A little beyond my capability, sorry. If you don't believe me, head to your nearest gun shop and see what's happening for yourself. I do wish I knew how to though because the pictures really are amazing.

I can confirm all of this.. I have a friend whose wife works at Cabellas in Hamburg...Each passing day it gets worse..this started just before the Sandy Hook incident...bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22441207
United States
01/13/2013 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you think they will stop at so called "assault weapons" you are crazy.

The U.S. government sees every gun as a possible "assault weapon".

After America was infected by the same "forces" that controlled Europe, they quickly infiltrated the ranks of government to "push their agenda".
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32150125
United States
01/13/2013 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

OK, thanks. I'll visit those shops for sure, when I have bought my US citizenship.

I'll need a few guns in Alaska.

Good luck to you brother, and you may want to hurry because we're almost out of time here before shit buries the fan.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32145459
United States
01/13/2013 10:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
That was absolutely what I saw at Cabela's. Nothing left except bolt actions and odd-ball revolvers. Almost all ammo for defense gone but strangely large amounts of .40 cal left. All magazines and stocks gone. People practically fighting over the crumbs. Got to throw some elbows, felt good.

But what I found highly strange was that Cabela's already had expanded the number of background check terminals and staff by 5 times. It takes months to get that kind of expansion set up in a corporate retail environment.

United States
01/13/2013 10:28 PM

Report Abusive Post

Well I got one of the last models of what I bought and all of the heavy hitting assalt rifles were sold out. There was one ar15 style, but it was only 9mm. They had just got a shipment of ammo, so I got what I needed.

The prices have amost increased by 40% on some rifles since prior to 12/14.

If you dont have a good supply of ammo and a back up for your main weapon, you're pretty much fucked. Its over. The prices are crazy.

Now I am just a housewife, I cant imagine what the real gun nuts are doing, but i'll be damned if i'm going to be a victim.

clappa Good for you! Thanks for letting us know what you saw out there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30833907
United States
01/13/2013 10:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

A little beyond my capability, sorry. If you don't believe me, head to your nearest gun shop and see what's happening for yourself. I do wish I knew how to though because the pictures really are amazing.

bsflag

Linky or stinky!

You wish you knew how?????

You can upload it as a GLP smiley for damn sake!
Or upload it to tinypic.com or photobucket and post the link please!

Prove your statements please!
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/13/2013 10:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
You know the weird thing? Liberal gun control nuts think it's white people storing up guns, and that they need to disarm them. But a lot of politicians might actually go into urban neighborhoods and disarm them first because they could claim it was to cut down on crime or a hostile situation. Talk about a powder keg. Imagine disarming African-American folks in an urban environment.

Added a youtube showing low stock in a gun shop

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/13/2013 10:32 PM
uscrusader1

User ID: 9491757
United States
01/13/2013 10:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
We've seen those threads on this board where DHS is ordering hundreds of thousands of rounds of hollow points....

DHS shills are on this thread as well, with the "Everything is wonderful/stocked at my gun store posts."

United States
01/13/2013 10:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
That was absolutely what I saw at Cabela's. Nothing left except bolt actions and odd-ball revolvers. Almost all ammo for defense gone but strangely large amounts of .40 cal left. All magazines and stocks gone. People practically fighting over the crumbs. Got to throw some elbows, felt good.

But what I found highly strange was that Cabela's already had expanded the number of background check terminals and staff by 5 times. It takes months to get that kind of expansion set up in a corporate retail environment.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32145459

????

All they need is internet to log into the system. They've been inundated with high volume for the last three weeks said the people I spoke to today so they've had time to get more terminals set up.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31457599
United States
01/13/2013 10:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am not a hunter. I went to my usual place to buy fishing gear and could not believe the people buying guns.

I heard the clerk say that the only thing they had in stock (and they were just opening the boxes right there on the sales floor) was some type of automatic rifle with what looked to me to be a silencer. I was in shock and asked about the thing on the end of the rifle. I was told it was to hide the "flash".

The only reason I can think of (again, not a hunter) is to conceal your location as you shoot other people.

These quickly sold out as I stood there in awe.

This is right in the middle of "Michigan Militia" country…

EVERYBODY hunts in this part of the state.
EVIL_BEAN_KID

User ID: 31963732
United States
01/13/2013 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
you gotta factor in the stupid of people too. morans will go looking for an AR15 now that its too late, and when they cant find one, they still wont even consider the other options and types of rifles that ARE available. its all AR15s and glocks.

a desperate person that was too stupid to buy a long time ago could at least redeem himself by getting a 30/30 lever gun and a 12 guage for every member of the family and scooping up all that ammo while its still around.
SLAM THAT CLAM
CowgirlK

User ID: 31558802
United States
01/13/2013 10:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was in Bass Pro last night. Lots of guns, not much ammo. There was not a 9 or 22 round in the store. They had a couple of boxes of 45 and a fair amount of 38. They said they are getting deliveries but it's gone as soon as they get it.

Even accessories were getting low. Only a couple of mag loaders on the shelf. I didn't check for cleaning supplies either.

Then I started talking to some guy who told me that he and his buddies were spending the weekend in their RV on a ammo finding mission. They drove to Texas from Louisiana hitting all the ammo stores along the way. He said it was slim pickins and most places are totally out of 9 and 22.

You know its getting real when people are driving around in RV's loading up!

United States
01/13/2013 10:34 PM

Report Abusive Post

bsflag

Linky or stinky!

You wish you knew how?????

You can upload it as a GLP smiley for damn sake!
Or upload it to tinypic.com or photobucket and post the link please!

Prove your statements please!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30833907

I tried to upload the pics from my phone to my laptop to see if I could crop out the people and post them. I suck at this stuff and I can't even remember my password for the phone. Tried but no luck.

GLP