Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,747 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 345,633
Pageviews Today: 589,552Threads Today: 285Posts Today: 3,963
07:00 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32129936
Netherlands
01/13/2013 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!
I thought Bass Pro Shop was a fishing shop. Do americans kill fish too with guns, apart from land living creatures?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32129936

Bass Pro Shop is a sporting goods store--an experience actually. Very cool place to visit as is Cabela's.

[link to www.basspro.com]
 Quoting: telling it straight

OK, thanks. I'll visit those shops for sure, when I have bought my US citizenship.

I'll need a few guns in Alaska.

Good luck to you brother, and you may want to hurry because we're almost out of time here before shit buries the fan.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32150125

Thanks man, I now understand the Fed buys up all the guns and ammo. Well I have at least a crossbow with an effective range of 200m. Good for silent hunting.

Stay safe, and hopefully Alaska will stay quiet.
ROM74

User ID: 8407446
United States
01/13/2013 10:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
no one trust the gov or obammy

Good post, OP. Thanks for the info.

Of course, that's what they want...civil unrest.
 Quoting: rainlover

Thanks, agree. That's the agenda and when the dollar crashes or we have the next huge disaster.....chaos will ensue...

Want to add that there was a line of people waiting behind each of the six "background check" terminals. I've never seen anything like it.

ROM74
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28870983
United States
01/13/2013 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
I thought Bass Pro Shop was a fishing shop. Do americans kill fish too with guns, apart from land living creatures?

Bass Pro Shop is a sporting goods store--an experience actually. Very cool place to visit as is Cabela's.

[link to www.basspro.com]

OK, thanks. I'll visit those shops for sure, when I have bought my US citizenship.

I'll need a few guns in Alaska.

Good luck to you brother, and you may want to hurry because we're almost out of time here before shit buries the fan.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32150125

you got that right. probably a matter of weeks at this point......
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17952489
United States
01/13/2013 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

We've met several of you Dutch brain dreads in our
life. Your all the same. Too brainwashed to even have
a clue. So STFU & go back to the coffee shop for another
doobie.
 Quoting: Amcit

My grammar is better than yours, even while stoned.
not anyone special

User ID: 14239828
United States
01/13/2013 10:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
rural nevada. not a place where you need to GO GET ONE NOW because everyone already has 4, or 10. Local shop- out of black guns, pretty much period. most revolvers gone. most of the shotguns except the super high end game guns gone.

ammo is ridiculous. next to nothing available. yay for me, I reload and have enough to weather the storm.

i feel sorta sorry for the people resorting to a single 1940s mosin nagant to keep from having no firearms at all, but it's not that bad a rifle to shoot.
The biggest conspiracy right now is unhealth for profit. Profit causing it, profit feeding it, profit treating it.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/13/2013 10:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was in Bass Pro last night. Lots of guns, not much ammo. There was not a 9 or 22 round in the store. They had a couple of boxes of 45 and a fair amount of 38. They said they are getting deliveries but it's gone as soon as they get it.

Even accessories were getting low. Only a couple of mag loaders on the shelf. I didn't check for cleaning supplies either.

Then I started talking to some guy who told me that he and his buddies were spending the weekend in their RV on a ammo finding mission. They drove to Texas from Louisiana hitting all the ammo stores along the way. He said it was slim pickins and most places are totally out of 9 and 22.

You know its getting real when people are driving around in RV's loading up!
 Quoting: CowgirlK

There was a terrible problem finding ammunition when it was apparent Obama was going to get elected. I can remember going around to buy a box here or there(because that's all you could find), pallets coming in and not being stocked on the shelf, and immediately people scarfing up many boxes. It took awhile to find ammunition regularly then and for them to catch up, and lots of specialty stuff was on backorder.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/13/2013 10:38 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32133628
Australia
01/13/2013 10:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
take this how you wish, if obammy and friends try implement anything along the lines on confiscation. It does not take a genius to see the outcome> The only real safe outcome would be a military take over of office, and i mean safe for the populace.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30092654
United States
01/13/2013 10:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
This holds true in MD also. Local gun stores are sold out of everything. I went to a gun show today and the few AR/M4 type rifles I actually saw where $3k or more. Very few new handguns but there were some used ones. I didn't see 1 .45 in the whole place though. Ammo prices were high but they did have it. This is ridiculous to put it mildly.
Kks
User ID: 31914043
United States
01/13/2013 10:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Same here in West Virginia. Stores have no more handguns or rifles except for the low caliber. Everyone is on a wait list to buy guns. Ammo is running low. Have you checked out Sportsman Guide. Back order on most types of ammo, some up tp July! Unbelieveable. Do you suppose this was Obama's way of jump starting the economy? Sure is a lot of spending going on if you can find the gun or ammo. Lol.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31346699
Canada
01/13/2013 10:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
here ya go

you want to see nuts

check out Vegas in late December

THIS IS REAL AMERICANS IN ACTION AND THIS IS NATION WIDE.

The people can not be stopped, they will resist, and they are arming themselves to the fuvking teeth

DEAL WITH LIBTARDS you commie propaganda ain't working!

[link to www.youtube.com]
KateSask

User ID: 15170057
Canada
01/13/2013 10:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
BS. Post the pics with the faces blurred or cropped out
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 19461620

A little beyond my capability, sorry. If you don't believe me, head to your nearest gun shop and see what's happening for yourself. I do wish I knew how to though because the pictures really are amazing.

bsflag

Linky or stinky!

You wish you knew how?????

You can upload it as a GLP smiley for damn sake!
Or upload it to tinypic.com or photobucket and post the link please!

Prove your statements please!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30833907

I tried to upload the pics from my phone to my laptop to see if I could crop out the people and post them. I suck at this stuff and I can't even remember my password for the phone. Tried but no luck.

If you send the pics from your phone to your email then save them onto your computer, you can edit them with this program. I do it this way a lot.

[link to pixlr.com]

Just checked, you can blur the parts of a picture easy with that program.

hf

Last Edited by KateSask on 01/13/2013 10:45 PM

Candle Lake, CANADA in Pictures ~ [link to www.dennischamberlain.com]
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/13/2013 10:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
They're really trying to clamp down on private sales too. I fully expect issues or more hoops to jump through and issues with baiting owners who sell guns this way and people not carefully checking the folks out purchasing the gun. You know, a complete set up from the get go.

I bet they'll do that with reloaders. I used to shoot so much that I bought mostly reloaded ammunition, now I wonder if they'll target them more.

Save your brass folks. You might need it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30204025
United States
01/13/2013 10:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
if you were at Cabellas in Hamburg - that place is almost the size of a Walmart
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/13/2013 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was in the local Walmart today here in Ohio. They had quite a few bolt/lever rifles and pump shotguns in the display case. If you own an AR buy a scoped 308 bolt gun and get good with it.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1640514
United States
01/13/2013 10:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
One store Saturday was looking very bear, the store was basically empty but the firearms counter was packed. Good 45 minutes just to get a clerk. Another store was packed but they had about 10 working the counter. No Ar's in site, they were either sold out or complying with the Mayors request to remove them. Watch the ammo, huge spike in prices.
 Quoting: Corn Dog

The mayor is a fascist control freak. Deport him to China - they aren't fascist there, but certainly control freaks.
telling it straight  (OP)

User ID: 1461054
United States
01/13/2013 10:48 PM

Report Abusive Post
if you were at Cabellas in Hamburg - that place is almost the size of a Walmart
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30204025

That's the one. The BPS I went to is in harrisburg.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/13/2013 10:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
One store Saturday was looking very bear, the store was basically empty but the firearms counter was packed. Good 45 minutes just to get a clerk. Another store was packed but they had about 10 working the counter. No Ar's in site, they were either sold out or complying with the Mayors request to remove them. Watch the ammo, huge spike in prices.
 Quoting: Corn Dog

The mayor is a fascist control freak. Deport him to China - they aren't fascist there, but certainly control freaks.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1640514

WHAT! WTF! They caved to a mayor who asked them to not sell them??????????????? Why would they do that?

What happened to my country????? It's fooking Twilight Zone shit now.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/13/2013 10:50 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30075865
United States
01/13/2013 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

We take them anyway we can........

macgun1rof1
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
I know plenty of anti-gun people who still haven't woken up yet. Some of them own expensive homes just down the road from minority areas. They have no clue the danger they will soon be in......
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30377663
United States
Report Abusive Post
run sheep, run little good scared sheep. you are behaving like mindless scared children, just as they planned.
CowgirlK

User ID: 31558802
United States
01/13/2013 10:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Something else I wanted to add..I spent a lot of time talking to people in Bass Pro last night. This is how they think everything will come down with legislation.

People will have to get some sort of an ID in order to buy ammo. To get the ID you will have to be finger printed and list the types of guns you own on the application. Then you will only be allowed to buy X amount of ammo per year for each gun listed on your ID.

If they do that, next shortage will be primers, powder and brass. Better stock up now.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/13/2013 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
run sheep, run little good scared sheep. you are behaving like mindless scared children, just as they planned.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30377663

you anti gunners have no way of protecting yourselves. just remember, it was your choice....
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/13/2013 10:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I know plenty of anti-gun people who still haven't woken up yet. Some of them own expensive homes just down the road from minority areas. They have no clue the danger they will soon be in......
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28870983

Yeah, I try to write about stuff like that. People don't realize that in a collapse, urban folks will go to find supplies and so they could cross a bridge and suddely there's 1500 people walking down the interstate and swarming a suburb. See my sig for prepper tips, really in depth ones.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29182031
United States
01/13/2013 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Only if they're in a barrel.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/13/2013 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Something else I wanted to add..I spent a lot of time talking to people in Bass Pro last night. This is how they think everything will come down with legislation.

People will have to get some sort of an ID in order to buy ammo. To get the ID you will have to be finger printed and list the types of guns you own on the application. Then you will only be allowed to buy X amount of ammo per year for each gun listed on your ID.

If they do that, next shortage will be primers, powder and brass. Better stock up now.
 Quoting: CowgirlK

You're right. They also talked about putting serial numbers on ever bullet. You can imagine the cost for doing that. Then people buy it with the credit/debit cards and so you know who owns precisely each bullet. They'd match up boxes with credit information at the register.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/13/2013 10:57 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1733676
Canada
01/13/2013 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
something strange is happening... here in canada they dont just sell guns in walmart and stuff but i did go to walmart and to different stores in the malls and every store had some shelfs that were empty... i have never seen that before
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32130103
United States
01/13/2013 10:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thanks, agree. That's the agenda and when the dollar crashes or we have the next huge disaster.....chaos will ensue...

Want to add that there was a line of people waiting behind each of the six "background check" terminals. I've never seen anything like it.

Quoting: ROM74

no one???? unfortunately about half the country wanted him
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32006144
United States
01/13/2013 10:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
:warning shot:
 Quoting: TDJ

lmao
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/13/2013 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: ROM74

no one???? unfortunately about half the country wanted him
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32130103

WRONG. Half of the ones who bothered to vote. Definitely not half the country. A ton of soldiers' votes weren't even counted.
[link to www.duffelblog.com]

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/13/2013 11:01 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31666253
United States
01/13/2013 11:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know how best to proceed with my first gun purchase. In December I made my selection, the owner did the over the phone check, and a few days later he said there is a hold up with my approval of said purchase. I went back to the store a week later and still no response from the "approvers". He told me he could sell it to me "conditionally". That is, on condition that it comes back okay and if not, someone would come for the gun. I declined that offer.

I do not know what the problem is. Store owner says sometimes that a name could be somehow mixed up or confused with a similar name in computer.

Does anyone know what I should do? Wouldn't it be a normal procedure to just run it again? Should "I" call them up and find out exactly what the problem is? I don't want go back out there without some knowledge of this procedure.

Thank you for any comments/assistance/personal experience with this type of thing.

GLP