Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,226 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 788,945
Pageviews Today: 1,300,192Threads Today: 520Posts Today: 9,004
01:19 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!

_____tard

User ID: 27876141
United States
01/13/2013 11:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: View From Cabaela's & Bass Pro Shop--WOW Getting Real Folks!!!
Something else I wanted to add..I spent a lot of time talking to people in Bass Pro last night. This is how they think everything will come down with legislation.

People will have to get some sort of an ID in order to buy ammo. To get the ID you will have to be finger printed and list the types of guns you own on the application. Then you will only be allowed to buy X amount of ammo per year for each gun listed on your ID.

If they do that, next shortage will be primers, powder and brass. Better stock up now.
 Quoting: CowgirlK

It's already happened. Primers and bullets completely gone everywhere. Very little powder left and its the shit brands. Brass already skyrocketing on backpage.
Dr. Lecter

User ID: 24275310
United States
01/13/2013 11:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can vouch for what OP says, at least here in AZ. Both scottsdale gun club and US autoweapons shelves are 95% empty. They still had 1911's, revolvers, bolt action rifles and some shotguns but all the carry handguns and semi auto rifles were completely gone.

Even if nothing happens with the feds this has completely wrecked the gun economy for at least a year. You cant even find bullets, no not rounds, bullets as in components for reloading. All gone. This is going to put hundreds, maybe thousands of small gun shops out of business.
 Quoting: _____tard

tucson as well....
"Moral of the story is I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again.

==== ESTJ-a (Executive) 93% Extroverted, 82% Observant, 83% Thinking, 82% Judging,72% Assertive ====
Nikola Tesla

User ID: 18230284
United States
01/13/2013 11:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Good post, OP. Thanks for the info.

Of course, that's what they want...civil unrest.
 Quoting: rainlover

The scary part of this is, there are a lot of inexperienced people purchasing firearms. Inexperienced or with no experience. Many of us older people grew up with guns and have lived in rural environments. Using a firearm properly is second nature for many of us. This is not so for newbies who are scared and purchasing their first sidearm or long gun. Firearms in the hands of untrained beginners is what I consider dangerous.

Just my personal opinion. Comments?

"One person with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

"You’ve heard that we are what we eat. But we also are what we think".

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
-William F. Buckley Jr.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32149853
United States
01/13/2013 11:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Post pictures of what you claim. Even a child can blot out faces with MS Paint if it was beyond your capabilities then you wouldn't be able to post on this forum so post proof.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32126781
United States
01/13/2013 11:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Guys, this is nothing more than a way for the gun and ammunition companies to put some extra cash in their pocket. Profiting off fear under the illusion of shortage. It's a marketing strategy and nothing more. But I understand the constant need for false paranoia, and as I wont be refreshing my browser or checking back to see the slew of hate received for not buying into the panic it would be best advised to not respond.
jack of all trades

User ID: 32003632
United States
01/13/2013 11:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Guys, this is nothing more than a way for the gun and ammunition companies to put some extra cash in their pocket. Profiting off fear under the illusion of shortage. It's a marketing strategy and nothing more. But I understand the constant need for false paranoia, and as I wont be refreshing my browser or checking back to see the slew of hate received for not buying into the panic it would be best advised to not respond.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32126781

Like the fake oil shortages/scarcity. There's no doubt plenty of ammo being made by manufacturers, it's just not being shipped out to stores where citizens can buy it. It's about damn time, let's get this shit on with.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1448568
United States
01/13/2013 11:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Went to cheyenne mountain outfitters here in NJ last week and they were fine. Had tons of all guns and ammo.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13148801

lol

norespect
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17485914
United States
01/13/2013 11:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

this is something people need to think about... everyone is so quick to think up conspiracies about all these corporations, banks, governments, etc... so, why wouldn't gun and ammo companies be any different???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28870983
United States
Report Abusive Post
people waking up....music to my ears
jack of all trades

United States
Report Abusive Post

The scary part of this is, there are a lot of inexperienced people purchasing firearms. Inexperienced or with no experience. Many of us older people grew up with guns and have lived in rural environments. Using a firearm properly is second nature for many of us. This is not so for newbies who are scared and purchasing their first sidearm or long gun. Firearms in the hands of untrained beginners is what I consider dangerous.

Quoting: Nikola Tesla

They'll turn em in for food or give them up.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
Report Abusive Post

I was trying to find the statistics. The number of people who've not cleaned their guns in a long time is very high. Same with actually shooting at the range. Worse a lot of people have NEVER shot their guns. Even worse in my opinion is a lot have never fired their guns without hearing protection. When you shoot with no hearing protection, at least once but better a couple of time, you realize how LOUD they are, and so you won't be able to use your hearing in a real gun battle. That could really confuse all these new owners.

You have to practice. There's no sense in buying one and not learning how to use it, plus stay calm because you're going to pumped up from the fear and excitement. PRACTICE.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29746178
United States
Report Abusive Post

Thanks, agree. That's the agenda and when the dollar crashes or we have the next huge disaster.....chaos will ensue...

Want to add that there was a line of people waiting behind each of the six "background check" terminals. I've never seen anything like it.
 Quoting: telling it straight

Why would they want to round everyone up and spread chaos making us vulnerable to everything else. Soldiers would be going after there own family.

This is about something else. If they wanted to start civil unrest they'd just kill the power and fucking do it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29746178
United States
Report Abusive Post

Thanks, agree. That's the agenda and when the dollar crashes or we have the next huge disaster.....chaos will ensue...

Want to add that there was a line of people waiting behind each of the six "background check" terminals. I've never seen anything like it.

Why would they want to round everyone up and spread chaos making us vulnerable to everything else. Soldiers would be going after there own family.

This is about something else. If they wanted to start civil unrest they'd just kill the power and fucking do it.
RAG

User ID: 4342196
United States
01/13/2013 11:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cabelas in Lacey Wa

I went looking on Saturday. There were still a couple "dangerous" looking rifle's, but couldnt get close enough to see what calibur. More than likely 22's, but was surprised to see them too. Would have picked up the Highpoint carbine in a 40cal if it was there. Why 40 you ask? Here tell there was a huge ammount of this ammo being made that just might get delivered to my door ;-)

Ammo was limited to 10 box's per customer and I saw pretty much every popular round. 9, 38, 22, .06, 308, 223, 7.62, 357, 40, 44, 45.... Lots of people buying tho. Got an update from a buddy this afternoon who was there this am. They were restoking ammo shelves, but same 10 box limit in place.

Plenty of hand guns available. Yes, less than normal, but still there. Semi's and revolvers. Many bolt/lever action rifles both new and used. Mags and accesories pretty much gone. I didnt talk to a clerk as waiting close to an hour to ask "doom scenerio" questions wasnt part of my plan.

Our cabelas is allways packed and the gun area is allways congested. This trip was differant tho. The talk of bans and what not was the main thing people were talking about. I would say the crowd was not double a normal visit, but close.

A local Fred Meyers recently started selling guns and ammo so I checked there as well. One old lady at the counter talking about her collection :-) I pitty the fool who tries to take hers lol She is ready.

Out of four glass cases they had only two left with hand guns. Again, both semi's and revolvers. Brand names and decent selection of calibur. Had a small supply left of most rounds. The clerk told me that they are not ordering untill the pending actions are taken. Then they will see. She did say however that a customer can order and they will do that. Question is what is available. She could not check on a Sunday.

Went to one other local gun store. Small place that I dont go to often. Higher gun and ammo prices are normal at this shop. Very little ammo or guns. The salesperson here had an interesting bit of input. He said that manufactures normally let everything kind of run low at the end of each year. He mentioned inventory and taxes as the reason. I have no idea. He said this time of year things can get a bit low regardless, but with all the panic buying, everyone is just running out of last years inventory. He said makers had allready begun trying to play catch up and were running non stop....?

Over all impression. Lots of people buying up whats left to be had, no real idea when or if things will be "normal" again. I did not notice any price inflation. People seem very concerned about what the near future will hold. Lots of talk of "I will not comply" with any new laws or bans.

I only know 2 people who reload and both said biggest problem for them right now is primers.

Good luck everyone.
As for me and my house, We will stand with the Lord. God Bless Israel, God Bless America.
telling it straight  (OP)

User ID: 1461054
United States
01/13/2013 11:43 PM

Report Abusive Post
Post pictures of what you claim. Even a child can blot out faces with MS Paint if it was beyond your capabilities then you wouldn't be able to post on this forum so post proof.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32149853

I'm emailing from my phone to the computer but for some reason the phone has the little "clocky-thingy" showing its trying to send them but it hasn't transmitted them. I sent them to my brother earlier while I was on the road. Will ask him to send me back a copy. I don't know how to "MS paint" out the faces but I've got one shows the backs of a guy and his kid that I think will be ok. May be tomorrow but you'll see pics.
jack of all trades

United States
01/13/2013 11:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

I was trying to find the statistics. The number of people who've not cleaned their guns in a long time is very high. Same with actually shooting at the range. Worse a lot of people have NEVER shot their guns. Even worse in my opinion is a lot have never fired their guns without hearing protection. When you shoot with no hearing protection, at least once but better a couple of time, you realize how LOUD they are, and so you won't be able to use your hearing in a real gun battle. That could really confuse all these new owners.

You have to practice. There's no sense in buying one and not learning how to use it, plus stay calm because you're going to pumped up from the fear and excitement. PRACTICE.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

And on top of that, most of these people have the guns in their names, which makes them a target when they come for the guns. Better be prepared to use your firearms if you intend on keeping them.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/13/2013 11:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I believe you, OP. I'm just a housewife and I was in 4 different gun shops this weekend, doing a trade-in for a bigger gun and stocking up on ammo. Its crazy out there.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2592137

Were you able to get everything you wanted? Did you encounter empty shelves like I saw today?

Yes, I now have a big ass scary gun and a good supply of ammo.

It was my way of exercising my 2nd amendment right, especially since where i live, police respond time is about 20 minutes.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4192069

Gee whizzz... 20 minutes?

Your body would be cold by the time they get there.
jack of all trades

United States
01/13/2013 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 29746178

If you mean by kill the power take out the electric grid or drop an emp bomb, that is most likely the next big event. All out chaos would ensue.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/13/2013 11:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

this is something people need to think about... everyone is so quick to think up conspiracies about all these corporations, banks, governments, etc... so, why wouldn't gun and ammo companies be any different???
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17485914

I wrote about that on the topic in my sig. It's possible that some corporations are deliberately doing it to make us buy weapons and ammunition (mostly on credit I bet), then they confiscate them for nothing by saying all those weapons are dangerous. I don't think it's plausible though.

The alternative would be to tell people not to buy them, and I won't drink that Kool-aid. NOT EVER!

You have to realize that perhaps 100 megacorporations own the whole freaking world. Always better to be armed.

A lot of people are NOT prepped in other areas though. They need weapons/ammunition/training but also food/water/medicine/skills.

Added a link, there are 147 mega corporations, but 50 that own the lion's share.
[link to www.whiteoutpress.com]

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/13/2013 11:50 PM
Ralph--a house dog

User ID: 25802009
United States
01/13/2013 11:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Went to walmart tonite, everything is wiped out. They are saying the govt is purchasing LARGE amounts of ammo, guns, so that we don't get them.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 24473407

Is this really a surprise to anyone? Creepy sons of bitches.

About 6 or 7 years ago, the feds bought up all the Mountain House #10 cans of just about everything to stock their bunkers. Couldn't get any for several months. This was NOT for the military.

They had already bought up all the Mountain House freeze dried steaks (yes MH used to sell steaks!) Mountain House doesn't carry them for sale to the public anymore, but I'll bet they still sell them to somebody.

Last Edited by Ralph--a house dog on 01/13/2013 11:53 PM
"Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night.....Rage, rage against the dying of the light"-----Dylan Thomas

HIS NAME IS SETH RICH

[link to biblicalselfdefense.com]

[link to forum.1111ers.blog]

Always remember that "for the greater good" will not include YOU.

"Who decides?"
---Robert A. Heinlein

-'Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.'—Benjamin Franklin

[link to www.westcoasttruth.com]

The only thing worth paying full retail for is pantyhose.

You cannot do all of the good the world needs, but the world needs all of the good you can do.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/13/2013 11:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

You are absolutely full of shit. That's why you don't have the balls to come back and check the responses to your BS.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/13/2013 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Went to walmart tonite, everything is wiped out. They are saying the govt is purchasing LARGE amounts of ammo, guns, so that we don't get them.

About 6 or 7 years ago, the feds bought up all the Mountain House #10 cans of just about everything to stock their bunkers. Couldn't get any for several months. This was NOT for the military.

They had already bought up all the Mountain House freeze dried steaks (yes MH used to sell steaks!) Mountain House doesn't carry them for sale to the public anymore, but I'll bet they still sell them to somebody.
 Quoting: Ralph--a house dog

Oh, it's even creepier than THAT.

Who do you think is PAYING for the government to buy out all the ammo?
Nikola Tesla

User ID: 18230284
United States
01/13/2013 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

That is correct. The finest tools are useless in the hands of an unskilled person. That is what a gun is, a tool. As for not cleaning their weapons....good grief!
"One person with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

"You’ve heard that we are what we eat. But we also are what we think".

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
-William F. Buckley Jr.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/13/2013 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Ralph--a house dog

and they tell us we can't own more than 7 days of food? the hell with them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32130103
United States
01/13/2013 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Glad someone starred this---the 'one-star" bandit had hit me. How you could one star this post is beyond me.

It must really be a dead, cold existence... the life of a shill.

Going through life "earning" their daily bread by accepting 30 pieces of silver to lie, distort, and cover the tracks of evil scum, who they dance on puppet strings for. Selling out their own friends and family, and fellow Americans.

I thank Almighty God that He promises in His word, that all liars will have their place in the Lake of Fire.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and fornicators, and murderers, and idolaters, and whoever loves and makes a lie." Revelation 22:14-15

All shills who think they will escape judgment, had better take a good look around the. The very tyranny that they help to serve and protect, is the very beast that will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Playtime is almost over... goons.

Enjoy your 30 pieces of silver while it lasts. All the signs say that you have but a short time left.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1448568

The Bible definitely states that the leaders of the one world system, which they are establishing right now, will be thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Those who are complicit with them (shills), unless they repent before their hearts become totally deluded and hardened will be thrown into the lake of fire FOREVER. Forever means for eternity...that's a long long time to pay for being a part of the forces of darkness. Rev 20;10
CowgirlK

User ID: 31558802
United States
01/13/2013 11:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

I agree, a firearm in the hands of an inexperienced user can be a problem, like they can accidentally shoot themselves or someone else. From my experience, lots of gun shops are owned by retired military or law enforcement folks. More than once I have heard sales people telling newbies what range they can take a gun class at. I would like to think if someone is going to invest money in purchasing a firearm, they would also invest the time and money in learning how to use it.

If not...one less idiot to deal with. We can't save everyone! LOL
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
the government started the run on ammo....
uscrusader1

User ID: 9491757
United States

Report Abusive Post

If you mean by kill the power take out the electric grid or drop an emp bomb, that is most likely the next big event. All out chaos would ensue.
 Quoting: jack of all trades

Without GLP All out chaos would ensue. :)
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/13/2013 11:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nope, what they would do is deliberately deploy say the Indiana National Guard to Missouri and therefore they wouldn't be going after anyone they knew.

They also might use Canadians to do the same and our troops there.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30818793
United States
01/13/2013 11:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Today this gun thing got real for me.

I was in PA today and went to BPS and Cabela. I was stunned.

At BPS they were almost totally sold out of ALL handguns. CASES and CASES were totally empty. GONE. They were totally out of 9mm, 357 ammo and just about everything else. I took pictures but since there's people in them I'm not going to post them. Staff says they can't get anything else at this point, their suppliers are out. There was a sizable crowd scanning the empty cases and shelves. Salespeople I talked to said they are convinced that if anyone tries to take weapons from Americans there's going to be a civil war. They said they're seeing people who used to be anti-gun want to get one because they're afraid of what they think is happening.

Later, I stopped at Cabelas. This place is right off the highway and very visible from a distance. The crowd there was even bigger. They still had a few --very few--handguns but nothing left that was a carry piece, imo. I'm sure they were depleted of the little they had by the end of the day. As for ammo, they were limiting to 10 box max. There was almost nothing left.

i'm finding it hard to convey how real all seems to be becoming.

Shit just got real. And fast.

GLP