Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,517 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 12,388
Pageviews Today: 27,289Threads Today: 16Posts Today: 218
12:23 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Deaf twin brothers killed by euthanasia in Belgium after discovering they were going blind

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21689021
United Kingdom
01/14/2013 06:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Deaf twin brothers killed by euthanasia in Belgium after discovering they were going blind
[link to www.dailymail.co.uk]

A pair of identical twins, who were born deaf, have been killed by Belgian doctors after seeking euthanasia when they found out they would also soon go blind.

In a unique case under the country's euthanasia laws, the 45-year-old brothers, from Antwerp, chose death as they were unable to bear the thought of never seeing one another again.

They were euthanised by doctors at Brussels University Hospital, in Jette, on December 14 by lethal injection after spending their entire lives together.

The two brothers, who have not been named but were pictured on Belgian television, both worked as cobblers and shared a flat together, The Telegraph has reported.

David Dufour, the doctor who presided over the euthanasia, told RTL television news the twins had taken the decision in 'full conscience'.

He said they were 'very happy' and it had was a 'relief' to see the end of their suffering.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 21689021
United Kingdom
01/14/2013 08:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Deaf twin brothers killed by euthanasia in Belgium after discovering they were going blind
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32125544
Australia
01/14/2013 08:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Deaf twin brothers killed by euthanasia in Belgium after discovering they were going blind
Twins should be able to cope, at least they had each other. This is why people need to reject state sponsored murder, what reason won't they find to murder us?
Judethz

User ID: 20521597
United Kingdom
01/14/2013 08:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15310506
Belgium
01/14/2013 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
it was their decision.

you better respect that.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32180867
United States
01/14/2013 08:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Cold.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31837896
Japan
01/14/2013 08:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
it was their decision.

you better respect that.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15310506

Ping Pong!

"Euthanasia" is something else than a individual Decision!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31781644
United States
01/14/2013 09:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
tissue
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31894299
Spain
01/14/2013 09:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
bsflag ?
Anonymous Coward
Spain
01/14/2013 09:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
what medical condition makes twins go blind at the same time? genetic disorder maybe? but at the same time? both and guaranteed blindness with no cure?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32028746
Hong Kong
01/14/2013 09:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
it was their decision.

you better respect that.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
01/14/2013 09:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
another twin meme..hmmmm
spock

and an odd story
Sharty Mc Bean

User ID: 32181899
Panama
01/14/2013 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32168766
United States
Report Abusive Post
Creepy.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32037526
Belgium
Report Abusive Post
But true!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28824257
United States
01/14/2013 09:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
The Nazis won.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
01/14/2013 09:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
But true!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32037526

write here the medical condition then..that makes adult twins go blind both at the same time?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28824257
United States
01/14/2013 09:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
it was their decision.

you better respect that.

I think we should euthanize Belgium.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15517493
Germany
01/14/2013 09:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
it was their decision.

you better respect that.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28824257

Dear mister bibletard,

I think you shouldn't judge over others.
You don't think for yourself so don't try to speak for yourself.

Have a nice live living in ignorance.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1472892
Israel
01/14/2013 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Very problematic specially at this age (45) maybe tomorrow a care will be found for both conditions.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
01/14/2013 09:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Very problematic specially at this age (45) maybe tomorrow a care will be found for both conditions.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1472892

what condition or have I missed something
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32069520
United States
01/14/2013 09:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
it was their decision.

you better respect that.

Dear mister bibletard,

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15517493

Funny since people like you in never la la land tend to be biggest brainwashed douchebags in the world. Fuck off.
Keepin It Real

User ID: 30244139
United States
01/14/2013 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
But true!

write here the medical condition then..that makes adult twins go blind both at the same time?
 Quoting: wildhoney

Perhaps macular degeneration?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11951810
Netherlands
01/14/2013 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
it was their decision.

you better respect that.

Big surprise that a stupid ass American says shit like this. Damn you and your country is full of dumb.
Anonymous Coward
Spain
01/14/2013 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
But true!

Quoting: Keepin It Real

Thats what I thought..but its treatable..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1472892
Israel
01/14/2013 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

Condition=Going blind, my cousin diabetes type 1 nearly lost his eye sight a year ago+ after few laser treatments and actual surgery he got much of it back, he can walk by himself and he went back to work on his computer he even watched a movie at the cinema last week (without glasses), the other condition was deaf, which they had for years, i hope cure or bionic fix will be found soon for this condition as well, unless someone here think that we should kill deaf people...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31352237
United Kingdom
01/14/2013 09:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
this is so sad

but the whole euthanasia thing depresses no end, especially in this case. just seems so... presumptive and premature

cannot fathom what it would be like to be deaf and or blind, never mind much less deaf/blinds, obviously

but this wasnt a case like we have seen before. previous cases have been much easier to understand. cases of terminal, painful, thorough incapacitation

thin end of the wedge. while everyone should have the choice, and none of us has the right to deny people their decision - what next?

on what criteria would a doctor willing kill a patient?

i see the article mentioned children, which gave me chills. if a child was born with the same prognosis as these twins, how long til it becomes legal to kill such a child? or if not 'euthanise' him or her directly, then 'withhold care', because, you know, the law now permits euthanasia in such cases
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2013 09:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
But true!

Yup with vitamin D at the right dosage. Would be nice if they'd specify what exactly is causing their blindness.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2013 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post

Condition=Going blind, my cousin diabetes type 1 nearly lost his eye sight a year ago+ after few laser treatments and actual surgery he got much of it back, he can walk by himself and he went back to work on his computer he even watched a movie at the cinema last week (without glasses), the other condition was deaf, which they had for years, i hope cure or bionic fix will be found soon for this condition as well, unless someone here think that we should kill deaf people...

For some deaf people, cochlear implants works very well depending on the condition of cochlear. [link to www.cochlear.com]
Anonymous Coward
Spain
01/14/2013 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yup with vitamin D at the right dosage. Would be nice if they'd specify what exactly is causing their blindness.
 Quoting: AlcoholicRunner

like the above poster said..it could be diabetes..but gosh..both and at the same time..and without any treatment that can reduce this *question mark*
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15517493
Germany
01/14/2013 09:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
it was their decision.

you better respect that.

Dear mister bibletard,

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 15517493

Funny since people like you in never la la land tend to be biggest brainwashed douchebags in the world. Fuck off.
 Quoting: AlcoholicRunner

"People like you"
You don't know me.

GLP