<<TIMEWATCHER>>
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 25511458
United States
01/14/2013 09:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
NRA: Congress will not pass weapons ban
WASHINGTON — The powerful gun lobby is gauging enough support in Congress to block a law that would ban assault weapons, despite promises from the White House and senior lawmakers to make such a measure a reality.

Senators plan to introduce a bill that would ban assault weapons and limit the size of ammunition magazines, like the one used in the December shooting massacre that killed 27 people, most of them children, in Newtown, Conn. Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California has promised to push for a renewal of expired legislation.

The National Rifle Association has so far prevented passage of another assault weapons ban like the one that expired in 2004. But some lawmakers say the Newtown tragedy has transformed the country, and Americans are ready for stricter gun laws. President Barack Obama has made gun control a top priority. And on Tuesday Vice President Joe Biden is expected to give Obama a comprehensive package of recommendations for curbing gun violence.

Still, the NRA has faith that Congress would prevent a new weapons ban.

“When a president takes all the power of his office, if he’s willing to expend political capital, you don’t want to make predictions. You don’t want to bet your house on the outcome. But I would say that the likelihood is that they are not going to be able to get an assault weapons ban through this Congress,” NRA president David Keene told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., responded with a flat out “no” when asked on CBS’ “Face the Nation” whether Congress would pass a ban on assault weapons.

Democratic West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, a lifelong member of the NRA has said everything should be on the table to prevent another tragedy like Newtown. But he assured gun owners he would fight for gun rights at the same time. “I would tell all of my friends in NRA, I will work extremely hard and I will guarantee you there will not be an encroachment on your Second Amendment rights,” Manchin said on ABC’s “This Week.”

The NRA’s deep pockets help bolster allies and punish lawmakers who buck them. The group spent at least $24 million in the 2012 elections — $16.8 million through its political action committee and nearly $7.5 million through its affiliated Institute for Legislative Action.

LINK: [link to www.yourhoustonnews.com]
GLP Disclaimer

DON'T BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS WEBSITE!

The reader is responsible for discerning the validity, factuality or implications of information posted here, be it fictional or based on real events. Moderators on this forum make every effort to review the material posted on this site however, it is not realistically possible for our small staff to manually review each and every one of the more than 20,000 posts GodlikeProductions gets on a daily basis.

The content of posts on this site, including but not limited to links to other web sites, are the expressed opinion of the original poster and are in no way representative of or endorsed by the owners or administration of this website. The posts on this website are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or factual information on behalf of the owner or administration of GodlikeProductions. This site may contain adult language, if you feel you might be offended by such content, you should log off immediately.

Not all posts on this website are intended as truthful or factual assertion by their authors. Some users of this website are participating in internet role playing, with or without the use of an avatar. NO post on this website should be considered factual information on face value alone.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."- Samuel Adams

"...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
--John F. Kennedy

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
--John F. Kennedy

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
--John F. Kennedy

All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.
--Albert Einstein
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1474948
United States
01/14/2013 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: NRA: Congress will not pass weapons ban
You always seem to have good posts with good, valid news stories.

Thanks
Sleeping Giant

User ID: 31159620
United States
01/14/2013 09:35 AM

Report Abusive Post
I think this is all a dog and pony show. No way anything major gets passed. Just theatrics as usual. They know how powerful the gun lobby is.
Wake up, oh sleeper, and rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you
<<TIMEWATCHER>>  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 09:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think this is all a dog and pony show. No way anything major gets passed. Just theatrics as usual. They know how powerful the gun lobby is.
 Quoting: Sleeping Giant

ohyeah
GLP Disclaimer

The reader is responsible for discerning the validity, factuality or implications of information posted here, be it fictional or based on real events. Moderators on this forum make every effort to review the material posted on this site however, it is not realistically possible for our small staff to manually review each and every one of the more than 20,000 posts GodlikeProductions gets on a daily basis.

The content of posts on this site, including but not limited to links to other web sites, are the expressed opinion of the original poster and are in no way representative of or endorsed by the owners or administration of this website. The posts on this website are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or factual information on behalf of the owner or administration of GodlikeProductions. This site may contain adult language, if you feel you might be offended by such content, you should log off immediately.

Not all posts on this website are intended as truthful or factual assertion by their authors. Some users of this website are participating in internet role playing, with or without the use of an avatar. NO post on this website should be considered factual information on face value alone.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."- Samuel Adams

"...It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."
--Samuel Adams

--John F. Kennedy

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.
--John F. Kennedy

--John F. Kennedy

--Albert Einstein
<<TIMEWATCHER>>  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 09:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Don't listen to that bullshit for one second!

They said the same shit about Obamacare...

They always put out some kind of smoke screen to settle people down before they FUCK THEM..

Seen them do it a thousand times..
 Quoting: ^TrInItY^

ohyeah
GLP Disclaimer

--Samuel Adams

--John F. Kennedy

--John F. Kennedy

--John F. Kennedy

--Albert Einstein
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24046300
United States
01/14/2013 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Weapons are useless without ammo. They'll go after the ammo.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31581611
United States
01/14/2013 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't trust the NRA either...
The NRA says congress will not act...correct.
The pres will act and the NRA seems silent on that...curious yeahsure
PIR

User ID: 26687891
United States
01/14/2013 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
WASHINGTON — The powerful gun lobby is gauging enough support in Congress to block a law that would ban assault weapons, despite promises from the White House and senior lawmakers to make such a measure a reality.

Senators plan to introduce a bill that would ban assault weapons and limit the size of ammunition magazines, like the one used in the December shooting massacre that killed 27 people, most of them children, in Newtown, Conn. Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California has promised to push for a renewal of expired legislation.

The National Rifle Association has so far prevented passage of another assault weapons ban like the one that expired in 2004. But some lawmakers say the Newtown tragedy has transformed the country, and Americans are ready for stricter gun laws. President Barack Obama has made gun control a top priority. And on Tuesday Vice President Joe Biden is expected to give Obama a comprehensive package of recommendations for curbing gun violence.

“When a president takes all the power of his office, if he’s willing to expend political capital, you don’t want to make predictions. You don’t want to bet your house on the outcome. But I would say that the likelihood is that they are not going to be able to get an assault weapons ban through this Congress,” NRA president David Keene told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., responded with a flat out “no” when asked on CBS’ “Face the Nation” whether Congress would pass a ban on assault weapons.

Democratic West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, a lifelong member of the NRA has said everything should be on the table to prevent another tragedy like Newtown. But he assured gun owners he would fight for gun rights at the same time. “I would tell all of my friends in NRA, I will work extremely hard and I will guarantee you there will not be an encroachment on your Second Amendment rights,” Manchin said on ABC’s “This Week.”

The NRA’s deep pockets help bolster allies and punish lawmakers who buck them. The group spent at least $24 million in the 2012 elections — $16.8 million through its political action committee and nearly $7.5 million through its affiliated Institute for Legislative Action.

Quoting: <<TIMEWATCHER>>

Fact 1: No assault weapon was used on that day to shoot anyone.

Fact 2: The AR-15 in question was removed from the locked trunk of a car in the parking lot after the incident.

Last Edited by PIR on 01/14/2013 10:33 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25711591
United States
01/14/2013 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

They always put out some kind of smoke screen to settle people down before they FUCK THEM..

Exactly!!! Never take your eyes off your enemy!!!!!!!
clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25711591
United States
01/14/2013 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't trust the NRA either...
The NRA says congress will not act...correct.
The pres will act and the NRA seems silent on that...curious yeahsure
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31581611

NRA may be playing both sides. Trust no one.
Saddletramp

User ID: 739427
Puerto Rico
01/14/2013 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think the Senate might pass something, but whatever they pass is dead in the House...
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31581611
United States
01/14/2013 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
I think the Senate might pass something, but whatever they pass is dead in the House...
 Quoting: Saddletramp

I think executive order from "Da Fuhrer"
and then gun owners will be dead in their house
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32178047
United States
01/14/2013 11:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
a few more false flags may cinch it
Laura Bow

User ID: 1158661
United States
01/14/2013 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why is the NRA being so cocky about this?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30890652
United States
01/14/2013 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post

THIS. How do you think O got in the White house to begin with? HINT: Wasn't the black vote.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30890652
United States
01/14/2013 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: <<TIMEWATCHER>>

Fact 1: No assault weapon was used on that day to shoot anyone.

Fact 2: The AR-15 in question was removed from the locked trunk of a car in the parking lot after the incident.
 Quoting: PIR

You talking about Sandy Hook? There was no assault rifle used that day?
Sledster

User ID: 982167
Germany
01/14/2013 11:59 AM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Saddletramp

I think executive order from "Da Fuhrer"
and then gun owners will be dead in their house
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31581611

This is what I am thinking.

The House wont pass a ban on "assault" weapons, but the "O" most ceartainly will want to try an EO. It would take a couple of months to a couple of years to recind it. In the mean time, they will try to come and take them.

That would be a call to arms in my book.
I'm tired of waiting, somebody push the damn button already!

Keep your 72 virgins, give me one old biker chick.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 5453499
United States
01/14/2013 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

I think you are starting to get it. Congrads Trin. lol

hiding
SeekWisdom

User ID: 14695767
United States
01/14/2013 12:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: Kentucky Sheriff to Feds: 'You Are Never Going to Pull Guns Out of Jackson County'
"The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding"

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Albert Einstein

Get over here!- Scorpion
SeekWisdom

User ID: 14695767
United States
01/14/2013 12:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
yoda
"The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding"

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Albert Einstein

Get over here!- Scorpion
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18528336
United States
01/14/2013 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Manchin will stab WV in the back. Just watch.
He already said you don't need more than 3 bulletts.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32191739
United States
01/14/2013 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post

This dude is talking truth.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28697968
United States
01/14/2013 12:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Dick act of 1902 may offer assistance but emperor Bari Malik Shabazz, clouded the future is, the dark side covers everything.

yoda
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1280257
United States
01/14/2013 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

^^this!^^

They'll post a few "unbiased" polls claiming "most Americans want a ban" and the rest of the sheep will follow.

A lot of politicians will come out supporting one side or the other to give it that democratic flavor and then ALL off them will vote FOR it at the last minute.

There will be MANY news stories quoting "reliable sources" regarding the righteous indignation of the nonspeaking victims around the world. Minus the "insurgancy" stats of course.

False Flags can and are often political in nature. They are not restricted to tragic event scenarios.

Good luck with that...

peace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30235756
Canada
01/14/2013 01:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
NRA don't give a fuck about you they represent the people who manufacture and sell guns. If they can sell more guns to the army then the citizens then that works for them. They will follow the money.
ClydeX

User ID: 11310285
United States
01/14/2013 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ppfffffftttttttt-----

Obama said the words out of his own mouth this morning during his news conference:

"An assault weapons ban with meaning"

The NRA needs threats to the 2nd Amendment in general and towards weapons/ weapon owners in specific just like the DEA/ State/ and Local Law Enforcement need the Drug Cartels. Without this faceless "enemy" or "boogie man" to demonize - the money dries up. Just as importantly; they need to take advantage at every turn possible to claim "victories" for the 2nd/ gun owners when capitulation to the very rights they purport to preserve is given.

Otherwise, there would have NEVER been anything even remotely close to "compromises", or the touted "victories" associated with such.

The 2nd Amendment, as well as the balance of the BoR has ZERO room for compromise. ZERO. Consider for just a moment that a "compromise" had been reached regarding the 1st Amendment - specifically that regarding Freedom of the Press - since there's no way the Founding Fathers could have ever conceived the Internet, the proliferation of pornography, garbage reporting that is openly slanted towards Progressive/ Liberalism/ Marxism/ Socialism under the guise of "journalism", etc. The outrage would be deafening - specifically from every liberal, lying, US hating "journalist" and their associated rag of tripe out there.

Oh wait, that only works when one refers to suppressing Christianity.

What of the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th? Where is the line of compromise we should be willing and even celebratory in accepting on these Amendments?

To acknowledge that there is, in fact, current heavy movement in the direction of greater restrictions/ bans/ or even talk of confiscation would be a direct admission that their rhetoric over the past 30 or so years has been just that - rhetoric, translating into monies from donations and memberships have been wasted, and the coffers would dry up so quickly that their heads would spin.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights were written in the late 18th Century. During this composition, there was great concern, concentration, debate, and ultimate decision reached on the core issues believed to A) be inalienable as granted by the Creator, and B) necessary to ensure both the construction and continued success of the Nation. It was written in plain English specifically so that even the most elementary of education would be able to understand the Spirit of the Constitution, as well as cautious enough to not leave open any windows for skewing or taking out of context.

"...Shall not be infringed" fit those two(2) aforementioned requirements - it is very simple, straightforward, and closes the door immediately on any attempt to disarm or otherwise restrict the arming of the people.

I, nor the balance of this nation, do not need some slick-talking Charlatan, whether elected and taking my money or an employee of a commercial organization begging for my money, to travel to Washington in order to beg for my ability to interpret this document any differently than it was written, nor to freely exercise the GOD-GIVEN RIGHTS DENOTED THEREIN.

FREE MEN DON'T ASK PERMISSION

Last Edited by ClydeX on 01/14/2013 02:49 PM
Job 12:7) But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
8) Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee.

GLP