MissionInvisible
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 1800004
United States
01/14/2013 09:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Night sweats anyone?
I used to have problems with sleep...basically an insomniac, but over the last year I have really worked to maintain a healthy diet and overall lifestyle. I have kept a great sleep cycle 7.5-8 hrs the last 6 months to a year or so and really have been pleased with some of the changes I made to my lifestyle so I could get some better zzzz's.

I am not currently sick and don't have ANY other symptoms of something else going on, actually had more energy the last week or so than normal, I use melatonin most nights, and I sleep grounded, but the last week or so I have woken up 5/7 nights and have almost sweated through my sheets every night!

Anyone else having problems with their internal thermometers at night!? I feel like I am waking up drenched in sweat about 3-4 am a few nights just in the last week!

I know some DNA/lightbody awakening can happen at night, so perhaps this is related to the slight increase in solar activity the last week or so, but I just wanted to check to see if anyone else was having some odd sleep disturbances.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31862691
United States
01/14/2013 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Night sweats anyone?
my guess...

your coming down with the flu

i had unusual night sweats twice before becoming sick back in early december.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32180353
Turkey
01/14/2013 10:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
When was the last time you had sex?
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32180353

lol highly doubt thats relevant :)
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
01/14/2013 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

lol highly doubt thats relevant :)
 Quoting: MissionInvisible

Think about it again.....
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
my guess...

your coming down with the flu

i had unusual night sweats twice before becoming sick back in early december.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31862691

I am not sure, nothing else seems to be going on. I was sick over Christmas but the last few weeks I have increased my Vitamin D and supplements to try to ward anything else off!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32151618
United Kingdom
01/14/2013 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
yes this happens occasionaly to me, my personal belief without any actual proof is its cancer and the body dealing with it while we sleep..
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
yes this happens occasionaly to me, my personal belief without any actual proof is its cancer and the body dealing with it while we sleep..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32151618

I would have it happen on and off as a child, I'm around 26 now so I don't think its hormonal or anything, I sure hope its not cancer! I try to eat as alkaline and healthy as I can :)
SeoKungFu

User ID: 1488460
Czechia
01/14/2013 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
I used to have problems with sleep...basically an insomniac, but over the last year I have really worked to maintain a healthy diet and overall lifestyle. I have kept a great sleep cycle 7.5-8 hrs the last 6 months to a year or so and really have been pleased with some of the changes I made to my lifestyle so I could get some better zzzz's.

I am not currently sick and don't have ANY other symptoms of something else going on, actually had more energy the last week or so than normal, I use melatonin most nights, and I sleep grounded, but the last week or so I have woken up 5/7 nights and have almost sweated through my sheets every night!

Anyone else having problems with their internal thermometers at night!? I feel like I am waking up drenched in sweat about 3-4 am a few nights just in the last week!

I know some DNA/lightbody awakening can happen at night, so perhaps this is related to the slight increase in solar activity the last week or so, but I just wanted to check to see if anyone else was having some odd sleep disturbances.

Yeah, but all the wild body reactions don't bother me at all. Just getting used to them and moving on, accepting and observing but not worrying or trying to counteract them.
"Have a vision of life that inspires you, then try every day to grow closer to the fulfillment of that vision."

Deepak Chopra

Cetrified Moran on a Divine Mission !
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31422637
United States
01/14/2013 10:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Same issue had the ac set at same setting around 69F with a fan going, but been waking-up that past week or so sweating through the night at least i know i am not alone. :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30742855
United States
01/14/2013 10:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Opposite for me as of late.

My usual bedding is generally enough to have me cozy as our precious in our pocketses come morning. Been waking the past few days to stale-feeling sheets without any sense of warmth, if that makes sense. Laundered everything last night before bed thinking maybe one of my extrasensory buddies was goofing around and sliming my shit. Same feeling this morning.

Must be some more Darkbody activation chuckle
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah, but all the wild body reactions don't bother me at all. Just getting used to them and moving on, accepting and observing but not worrying or trying to counteract them.
 Quoting: SeoKungFu

I think it is part of the process, our bodies are changing rapidly (in my opinion)! I was just wondering if others were experiencing the odd night sweating...its not the most pleasant of the various symptoms for lightbody change!
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

I would have it happen on and off as a child, I'm around 26 now so I don't think its hormonal or anything, I sure hope its not cancer! I try to eat as alkaline and healthy as I can :)

you hot sweats in the night is the main symptom of cancer.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

but please dont worry, cancer is nothing!
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:11 AM
Report Abusive Post

My usual bedding is generally enough to have me cozy as our precious in our pocketses come morning. Been waking the past few days to stale-feeling sheets without any sense of warmth, if that makes sense. Laundered everything last night before bed thinking maybe one of my extrasensory buddies was goofing around and sliming my shit. Same feeling this morning.

Quoting: Deaf Cat in the Blue Hat

lol @ dark body activation!

love your avatar :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11214802
Canada
01/14/2013 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
Some of the known conditions that can cause night sweats are:
1.Menopause. The hot flashes that accompany menopause can occur at night and cause sweating. This is a very common cause of night sweats in women.

2.Idiopathic hyperhidrosis. Idiopathic hyperhidrosis is a condition in which the body chronically produces too much sweat without any identifiable medical cause.

3.Infections. Tuberculosis is the infection most commonly associated with night sweats. But bacterial infections, such as endocarditis (inflammation of the heart valves), osteomyelitis (inflammation within the bones), and abscesses can cause night sweats. Night sweats are also a symptom of HIV infection.

4.Cancers. Night sweats are an early symptom of some cancers. The most common type of cancer associated with night sweats is lymphoma. However, people who have an undiagnosed cancer frequently have other symptoms as well, such as unexplained weight loss and fevers.

5.Medications. Taking certain medications can lead to night sweats. Antidepressant medications are a common type of drug that can lead to night sweats. From 8% to 22% of people taking antidepressant drugs have night sweats. Other psychiatric drugs have also been associated with night sweats. Medicines taken to lower fever, such as aspirin and acetaminophen, can sometimes lead to sweating. Many other drugs can cause night sweats or flushing.

6.Hypoglycemia. Low blood sugar can cause sweating. People who are taking insulin or oral diabetes medications may experience hypoglycemia at night that is accompanied by sweating.

7.Hormone disorders. Sweating or flushing can be seen with several hormone disorders, including pheochromocytoma, carcinoid syndrome, and hyperthyroidism.

8.Neurologic conditions. Uncommonly, neurologic conditions including autonomic dysreflexia, posttraumatic syringomyelia, stroke, and autonomic neuropathy may cause increased sweating and may lead to night sweats.
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Some of the known conditions that can cause night sweats are:
1.Menopause. The hot flashes that accompany menopause can occur at night and cause sweating. This is a very common cause of night sweats in women.

2.Idiopathic hyperhidrosis. Idiopathic hyperhidrosis is a condition in which the body chronically produces too much sweat without any identifiable medical cause.

3.Infections. Tuberculosis is the infection most commonly associated with night sweats. But bacterial infections, such as endocarditis (inflammation of the heart valves), osteomyelitis (inflammation within the bones), and abscesses can cause night sweats. Night sweats are also a symptom of HIV infection.

4.Cancers. Night sweats are an early symptom of some cancers. The most common type of cancer associated with night sweats is lymphoma. However, people who have an undiagnosed cancer frequently have other symptoms as well, such as unexplained weight loss and fevers.

5.Medications. Taking certain medications can lead to night sweats. Antidepressant medications are a common type of drug that can lead to night sweats. From 8% to 22% of people taking antidepressant drugs have night sweats. Other psychiatric drugs have also been associated with night sweats. Medicines taken to lower fever, such as aspirin and acetaminophen, can sometimes lead to sweating. Many other drugs can cause night sweats or flushing.

6.Hypoglycemia. Low blood sugar can cause sweating. People who are taking insulin or oral diabetes medications may experience hypoglycemia at night that is accompanied by sweating.

7.Hormone disorders. Sweating or flushing can be seen with several hormone disorders, including pheochromocytoma, carcinoid syndrome, and hyperthyroidism.

8.Neurologic conditions. Uncommonly, neurologic conditions including autonomic dysreflexia, posttraumatic syringomyelia, stroke, and autonomic neuropathy may cause increased sweating and may lead to night sweats.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 11214802

I could see this one...even as a child I could sweat through anything...gross, I know. Had a few problems at night with it as a kid, but not like I have the last week or two!
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
01/14/2013 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

I don't know who this idiot is but it has nothing to do with cancer. Tbc, may be. But not cancer. Try more sex.
The Analog Guy

User ID: 576430
United States
01/14/2013 10:17 AM

Report Abusive Post

Go and get a work up. Lymphoma presents this way. Make sure you don't have that
I say burn all of your bridges while you still have control of the flame.
We are like flies crawling across the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel: We cannot see what angels and gods lie underneath the threshold of our perceptions. We do not live in reality; we live in our paradigms, our habituated perceptions, our illusions; the illusions we share through culture we call reality, but the true historical reality of our condition is invisible to us.”
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30857551
Australia
01/14/2013 10:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi OP, been a while! I'm not experiencing them, but my wife is.

She's NOT menopausal, and it only occurs in the sleep cycle.

I've been shivering most nights with the air con on! Mind you we've had some really hot nights lately, but this night sweat thing has been going on for a while.

She's RH- as well. I have two littl'ns also RH- and one RH+ and I'm RH+, so I thought if the kids were also hot... but nope, they're not.

So maybe not a blood type thing, and more of an awareness thing. She's amazingly empathic, and sees very clearly.

Bit late here, so I'm off to bed, but I'll get her to have a gander at this thread in the morning.

Your DNA threads are still some of my fav's BTW. hf

EDIT - will just add, her Mum had non hodgkins lymphoma, and she regularly is checked for it. That too is all clear.
Anonymous
User ID: 22618040
United States
01/14/2013 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

I don't know who this idiot is but it has nothing to do with cancer. Tbc, may be. But not cancer. Try more sex.

My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer 10 days ago, he was having night sweats. I had them for years before I was diagnosed with Behçet's disease, an autoimmune disorder.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30742855
United States
01/14/2013 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

I always wondered - that avatar you have sometimes where you're standing in a gorgeous room of teal (if I recall correctly) and fractal-like decor on the walls and ceiling. What place is that?

Only time I'll poop general chit-chat into this litter box of yours, promise :)
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
01/14/2013 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer 10 days ago, he was having night sweats. I had them for years before I was diagnosed with Behçet's disease, an autoimmune disorder.
 Quoting: Anonymous 22618040

I know what Behçet's disease is, it is a syndrome called Hulusi Behçet, It has three symptoms and none of the am are night sweatings. If we come to the lung cacer, sorry for your dad but night sweatings is not a main symptom of lung cancer.
anonymous
User ID: 22618040
United States
01/14/2013 10:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

I know what Behçet's disease is, it is a syndrome called Hulusi Behçet, It has three symptoms and none of the am are night sweatings. If we come to the lung cacer, sorry for your dad but night sweatings is not a main symptom of lung cancer.

Just because you are Turkish does not make you an expert on Behçet's disease. I have a very serious form that went undiagnosed for years because it's rare in the states. Any autoimmune disease left untreated can produce night sweats. I was almost dead by the time they diagnosed it, I'm also lucky I'm not blind.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32181646
United States
01/14/2013 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know if anyone else can make sense of this, I know I don't!

For years I would have panic attacks, but only at night, and only in bed. I finally noticed that the first sign of the attack would be that I got very hot, then mind started racing.

So as soon as I got hot, I threw off covers, got body in front of a fan, and took a drink of water. This stopped the attack.

Then this past summer, I switched completely from soda to iced herbal tea. No more soda at all. Immediately, also no more hot spells or panic attcks.

I don't know what it was about the soda that contributed to this...but I am convinced it was something about how the soda reacted in my particular body. I have not had one of those attacks since, after 6-7 years of it!

Does this relate to your situation? I don't know...but I wonder if it is something we are putting in our bodies, and don't realize our bodies are reacting to it.
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
01/14/2013 10:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

Just because you are Turkish does not make you an expert on Behçet's disease. I have a very serious form that went undiagnosed for years because it's rare in the states. Any autoimmune disease left untreated can produce night sweats. I was almost dead by the time they diagnosed it, I'm also lucky I'm not blind.
 Quoting: anonymous 22618040

You are right, Just being a Turkish does not make me an expert on Hulusi Behçet's disease but I am also a Turkish doctor and still claim that night sweats is not a specific part of that disease. You are lucky you are not blind because it is the worst part of that disease. You have a good doctor.
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi OP, been a while! I'm not experiencing them, but my wife is.

She's NOT menopausal, and it only occurs in the sleep cycle.

I've been shivering most nights with the air con on! Mind you we've had some really hot nights lately, but this night sweat thing has been going on for a while.

She's RH- as well. I have two littl'ns also RH- and one RH+ and I'm RH+, so I thought if the kids were also hot... but nope, they're not.

So maybe not a blood type thing, and more of an awareness thing. She's amazingly empathic, and sees very clearly.

Bit late here, so I'm off to bed, but I'll get her to have a gander at this thread in the morning.

Your DNA threads are still some of my fav's BTW. hf

EDIT - will just add, her Mum had non hodgkins lymphoma, and she regularly is checked for it. That too is all clear.
 Quoting: BadHairDay

Thanks for reading some of my DNA threads...haven't written any in a while...

I am O- I haven't read anything about night sweats, but with all the crazy theories out there about the RH-'s you never know what you will run across.

I'm not menopausal either! AT least I hope I'm not...waaayyy too young for that!
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

I always wondered - that avatar you have sometimes where you're standing in a gorgeous room of teal (if I recall correctly) and fractal-like decor on the walls and ceiling. What place is that?

Only time I'll poop general chit-chat into this litter box of yours, promise :)

haha its okay...that avatar (which reminds me I should put it back up, it was one of my favs!) is actually the same place reflecting in my aviators in my avatar now...its the belltower where I went to college :)
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't know if anyone else can make sense of this, I know I don't!

For years I would have panic attacks, but only at night, and only in bed. I finally noticed that the first sign of the attack would be that I got very hot, then mind started racing.

So as soon as I got hot, I threw off covers, got body in front of a fan, and took a drink of water. This stopped the attack.

Then this past summer, I switched completely from soda to iced herbal tea. No more soda at all. Immediately, also no more hot spells or panic attcks.

I don't know what it was about the soda that contributed to this...but I am convinced it was something about how the soda reacted in my particular body. I have not had one of those attacks since, after 6-7 years of it!

Does this relate to your situation? I don't know...but I wonder if it is something we are putting in our bodies, and don't realize our bodies are reacting to it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32181646

Not sure...I have soda perhaps once every two weeks or so...and I'm trying to even cut that down! The crap they put in them does some serious damage to our internal organs!
MissionInvisible  (OP)

United States
01/14/2013 10:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

have you ever heard of Elhers Danlos Syndrome?
Anonymous Coward
Turkey
01/14/2013 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

have you ever heard of Elhers Danlos Syndrome?

EDS has nothing to do with night sweats. Do you have joint problems?

GLP