United States
01/15/2013 03:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
For nursing jobs, new grads need not apply
The bursting of healthcare bubble..
For nursing jobs, new grads need not apply
[link to money.cnn.com]

"Since the recession, health care has been the single biggest sector for job growth, but that doesn't mean it's easy to get hired.
Registered nurses fresh out of school are coming across thousands of job postings with an impossible requirement: "no new grads."
It's a problem well documented by the nursing industry. About 43% of newly licensed RNs still do not have jobs within 18 months after graduation, according to a survey conducted by the American Society of Registered Nurses...."
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 7111634
United States
01/15/2013 03:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: For nursing jobs, new grads need not apply
Does this mean healthcare professional schools will lower their tuition ? I think not..Sure feel sorry for today's recent grads..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28661955
United States
01/15/2013 04:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
I'd have to dissagree with that article. I live in a town with a nursing college and this chicks are getting jobs left and right. Hospitals offering moving incentives and all that.
AlkaliDesert

User ID: 14239828
United States
01/15/2013 01:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
This has been true since about 2008. Before that, most new nurses had jobs lined up before graduation. Now new grad jobs in hospitals are pretty difficult to get.

By 2010, most jobs wanted a year of experience. Now they want two years.

Long term care jobs are much easier to find, but few want to go into that specifically, so new grads who aren't under a ton of financial pressure don't tend to go that direction.

GLP