Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,512 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 377,503
Pageviews Today: 593,231Threads Today: 220Posts Today: 3,657
06:38 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32438155
Portugal
01/17/2013 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!
Giant Wave Impact in Other on Thursday, 17 January, 2013 at 10:39 (10:39 AM) UTC.

Description
Luxury cruise line Silversea has been forced to cancel a cruise onboard the Silver Explorer after the ship was damaged by a giant wave in rough weather while on an 18-night voyage in South America. Media reports claimed four crew suffered minor injuries when a wave struck in the waters between Tierra del Fuego and Antarctica. The cruise line confirmed all 133 passengers and 113 crew were safe, but the damage to the ship was severe enough for Silversea to cut short the cruise and to cancel its next sailing on January 21. The ship has returned to Ushuaia in Argentina, where it departed in early January. It is expected to resume service with a 10-night cruise departing on January 31. [link to hisz.rsoe.hu]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 11:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!
Storm Surge in Guyana on Thursday, 17 January, 2013 at 13:24 (01:24 PM) UTC.

Description
Strong winds and unusually high tides swamped Cornelia Ida and Anna Catherina, on the West Coast of Demerara on Monday afternoon. The villages were flooded after the enormous waves surged over the sea defences leaving some homeowners contending with water that was waist-high. Officials from the Ministry of Transport and the Region Three Administration, including Chairman Julius Faerber, visited the areas the next day and installed equipment to flush the flooded water back into the ocean. Villagers of Anna Catherina said that the ministry also ordered that the main drain off of the Sea View Road be dug deeper in order to prevent more flooding.

However, they were unable to remove all of the garbage washed ashore. The residents yesterday said after the ministry’s intervention, the flooding decreased but some were still afraid to leave their homes. A resident of Anna Catherina told Stabroek News that his foot was pierced with a sharp object after he had decided to check the damage done to his bottom flat. He said that the water in his lower apartment so high that his furniture was floating. "The water come up to my waist," the man said. At Cornelia Ida, another resident recalled that she was sitting in her veranda when she saw the waves start to ride over the sea defences. She said that the water ripped away her fence and began to swell in her home. She explained that it was normal for the village of Cornelia Ida to experience high spring tides but this was the worst since the historic 2005 flooding of the coastland of Guyana.

"The water de so high it cover half of my car," a man said. "Is till when they come and fix the dam and put in that culvert that the water start to drain off a little." Meanwhile, Abdool Fazeel, a businessman, said that his shop was under water for two days. "I see when the water started to swell and ride over the wall," he said, mentioning that Cornelia Ida experienced flooding every four months. He said that the community had complained to the Neighbourhood Democratic Council about the problem but always received promises instead of help. "Everybody came and visit this place and see the situation. Everybody from the cabinet come and visit this place.
[link to hisz.rsoe.hu]
'LIL ANGEL

User ID: 1053878
United States
01/17/2013 11:26 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!
I read these alerts myself earlier and thought them to be outside of the norm. On the cusp of the North and South Atlantic.
First noticed Key West Florida then Tip of Brazil I too thought it strange.
I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me. Jesus Christ
Stay small(in ego), stay teachable(in life), stay in the basics(keep it simple) and pay attention(to guidance). me
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does. anonymous
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 11:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I read these alerts myself earlier and thought them to be outside of the norm. On the cusp of the North and South Atlantic.
First noticed Key West Florida then Tip of Brazil I too thought it strange.
 Quoting: 'LIL ANGEL

ohyeah
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23540137
United States
01/17/2013 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
hmmmm..
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Friday, saturday and even for sunday we will be hit too with big storm surges!!! [link to imageshack.us]
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 11:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Friday, saturday and even for sunday we will be hit too with big storm surges!!! [link to imageshack.us]
 Quoting: Luisport

Re: Mon Forecast and Models - January 2013

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

In fact, even two days there is still significant differences in the models. The ECMWF gives much wind, but a more normal situation we're used to, not so much digging depression or defining a core as well. The GFS and others (GEM, UKMO, etc.) show a more severe and longer inspires additional care. I believe that the runs of 12z there will be a convergence but whatever the result in these cases there is a degree of unpredictability enormous, so that great care is required.

As for curling, and doing analysis for the most burdensome case shown by the models: The explosive cyclogenesis begins at sea, but much of their caving occurs very close to the mainland or on land already. As such, area and time of action of the wind on the sea surface will be less. Nevertheless, it is expected positions 6/7 meters in the West Coast, which may be aggravated by storm surge (level rises from sea water by sudden lowering of the atmospheric pressure and stacking of water on the shore by the action of the wind). Like any ripple is generated by local wind, have low period and therefore it is advisable that midsize vessels are in port harbor. [link to www.meteopt.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32415920
United States
01/17/2013 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks Luisport
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32446178
United Kingdom
01/17/2013 12:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was thinking about this when we saw the thread about the Santacane thing lool

I was saying then that Europe would be getting hit seems a Atlantic region wide area is getting smacked here but people kept posting up stuff about the US Weather........

can you get a hold of any Satellite images of the North and eastern Atlantic ?

You seem really good at catching these threads OP
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 12:43 PM
Report Abusive Post

I was saying then that Europe would be getting hit seems a Atlantic region wide area is getting smacked here but people kept posting up stuff about the US Weather........

Quoting: Anderson_G

hf
Brad Daylight

User ID: 1779676
United States
01/17/2013 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

hf

Yea man, you are a professional news sentry :D

You are like Doorbert with your speed and accuracy of weather reporting.

Karma for YOU!
"I have felt despair many times in my life, but I do not keep a chair for it."
~Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Today is a gift, that is why it is called "The Present"

“When an opponent declares, “I will not come over to your side,” I calmly say, “Your child belongs to us already… What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing else but this new community.”
- Adolf Hitler

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”

-Oscar Wilde

Have a nice day, may God bless you :D
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

hf

Karma for YOU!
 Quoting: Brad Daylight

hf Thank you so much!!!
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/17/2013 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

hf

Karma for YOU!
 Quoting: Brad Daylight

I agree there buddy btw I didn't mean it harshly about US stuff lol you guy just got to share the weather doom

cheers
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
You know, US has a lot better weather sources than EU, so... tounge
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32425145
United Kingdom
01/17/2013 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Giant Wave Impact in Other on Thursday, 17 January, 2013 at 10:39 (10:39 AM) UTC.

Description
Luxury cruise line Silversea has been forced to cancel a cruise onboard the Silver Explorer after the ship was damaged by a giant wave in rough weather while on an 18-night voyage in South America. Media reports claimed four crew suffered minor injuries when a wave struck in the waters between Tierra del Fuego and Antarctica. The cruise line confirmed all 133 passengers and 113 crew were safe, but the damage to the ship was severe enough for Silversea to cut short the cruise and to cancel its next sailing on January 21. The ship has returned to Ushuaia in Argentina, where it departed in early January. It is expected to resume service with a 10-night cruise departing on January 31. [link to hisz.rsoe.hu]

related to the eartquake on the 16th? seems to far apart, timewise.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 12:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Description

related to the eartquake on the 16th? seems to far apart, timewise.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32425145

well, the cause i think we can't know for shure... but we never know!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

In fact, even two days there is still significant differences in the models. The ECMWF gives much wind, but a more normal situation we're used to, not so much digging depression or defining a core as well. The GFS and others (GEM, UKMO, etc.) show a more severe and longer inspires additional care. I believe that the runs of 12z there will be a convergence but whatever the result in these cases there is a degree of unpredictability enormous, so that great care is required.

As for curling, and doing analysis for the most burdensome case shown by the models: The explosive cyclogenesis begins at sea, but much of their caving occurs very close to the mainland or on land already. As such, area and time of action of the wind on the sea surface will be less. Nevertheless, it is expected positions 6/7 meters in the West Coast, which may be aggravated by storm surge (level rises from sea water by sudden lowering of the atmospheric pressure and stacking of water on the shore by the action of the wind). Like any ripple is generated by local wind, have low period and therefore it is advisable that midsize vessels are in port harbor. [link to www.meteopt.com]

Geeezzzzzz Now Meteo galicia says we will be hit by wind gusts more than 120Km/h!!!
IsTime

User ID: 1435783
United States
01/17/2013 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can you put 6 more exclamation marks Louis?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: IsTime

peace don't be bad to me...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
Portugal
01/17/2013 01:11 PM
Report Abusive Post

Geeezzzzzz Now Meteo galicia says we will be hit by wind gusts more than 120Km/h!!!

[link to www.ecmwf.int]
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/17/2013 01:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
looks like some harsh weather coming in for a good period of time too if it stays this cold I can't see the UK being without ice and/or snow for a couple weeks yet whats it like in Portugal ?
Artaius San

User ID: 32447331
Germany
01/17/2013 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
hmm
There will come a time when you believe everything ends.
This will be the beginning
[Louis L'Amour]

~ A r c t u r u s
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32450568
Portugal
01/17/2013 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
looks like some harsh weather coming in for a good period of time too if it stays this cold I can't see the UK being without ice and/or snow for a couple weeks yet whats it like in Portugal ?

to us it's not clear yet, but we will have the clash of a warm and a cold air masse right in out coast and will cross al the iberian peninsula. Heavy rain, floods, and winds up to 120Km/h
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16397122
Portugal
01/17/2013 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tropical storm on our way Luis. We're doomed.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16397122

scared My Good Lord!!!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 01:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

scared My Good Lord!!!

This will be very serious!!! Caro compatriota podes seguir a situação neste link: [link to www.meteopt.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

scared My Good Lord!!!

This will be very serious!!! Caro compatriota podes seguir a situação neste link: [link to www.meteopt.com]

[link to imageshack.us] [link to imageshack.us] [link to imageshack.us]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26795689
United States
01/17/2013 02:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder if there was any onboard video....

Remember this?

ohyeah

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32108118
Brazil
01/17/2013 03:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
5* and bump
Dr. AculaModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 57108
United States
01/17/2013 03:05 PM

Report Abusive Post
5 stars!!! !!!!!! <----- 6 more for the asshole who wanted them haha

Awesome post LP!

It makes my inagination run wild lol
I am imaging meteors striking the ocean raising water levels or Atlantis coming out of the sea. Yeah yeah its not happening but i can dream right?! Lol

Last Edited by Dr. Acula on 01/17/2013 03:43 PM

drbat
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31781644
United States
01/17/2013 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: IsTime

can you make another inane post, is time?

GLP