Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,414 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 235,893
Pageviews Today: 382,317Threads Today: 145Posts Today: 2,517
04:05 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
01/17/2013 03:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!
saw this, hiding ocean floor moving??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16149307
Australia
01/17/2013 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31911218
Netherlands
01/17/2013 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tropical storm on our way Luis. We're doomed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16397122

scared My Good Lord!!!
 Quoting: Luisport

This will be very serious!!! Caro compatriota podes seguir a situação neste link: [link to www.meteopt.com]

[link to imageshack.us] [link to imageshack.us] [link to imageshack.us]

......haarp.

pigchef
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16397122
Portugal
01/17/2013 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

scared My Good Lord!!!

This will be very serious!!! Caro compatriota podes seguir a situação neste link: [link to www.meteopt.com]

Cheers Luis!

Obrigado.
RS
User ID: 31077491
Brazil
01/17/2013 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Luis,

some more info over here...meteo says its from an oceanic storm moving from american coast to south atlantic.
waves like 3 to 5 m(10-16 ft).

[link to globotv.globo.com]

Giant waves in Fernando de Noronha -Northeast, Brazil
TastyThoughts

User ID: 1308649
United States
01/17/2013 04:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Many will bust my chops for including this, but GLP is a place for it. Moreover, just because I am including this dose not mean I believe it wholeheartedly nor intend to propagate it.
The other day, like two or more days ago, there was an article here or on Beforeitsnews. The article claimed that a war with UFOs may be occurring in Antarctica. It claimed that these UFOs are coming from underneath Antarctica Ice-sheet and create waves when entering the atmosphere from beneath the water. It mentioned more the one case were these UFOs caused ships to list/lean.
"They cannot see what's-up if They are looking down." (TastyThoughts)
"Something is smelly! Something is smelly, like an old barnacle encrusted shoe washing ashore in the middle of summer." (TastyThoughts)
"Yes happy Earth day. Now go tell the wicked to stop damaging the Human Species therefore/and the Earth; For, they are discombobulating the entire Universe and upsetting the Most High God." (TastyThoughts)
TastyThoughts

User ID: 1308649
United States
01/17/2013 04:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think this is the article. There may be others.

"Wiki Leaks Alleges Secret War With UFOs In Antarctica"
no linky to BIN because to much of the spam.
"They cannot see what's-up if They are looking down." (TastyThoughts)
"Something is smelly! Something is smelly, like an old barnacle encrusted shoe washing ashore in the middle of summer." (TastyThoughts)
"Yes happy Earth day. Now go tell the wicked to stop damaging the Human Species therefore/and the Earth; For, they are discombobulating the entire Universe and upsetting the Most High God." (TastyThoughts)
King_RA

User ID: 31820383
Portugal
01/17/2013 05:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

scared My Good Lord!!!

Cheers Luis!

Obrigado.

Nice to see more portuguese people around here eheh hf
But I have already come across several of Luisport threads peace
BRIEF

User ID: 381742
United States
01/17/2013 05:06 PM

Report Abusive Post
I love rogue waves, was anyone squished?
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32446178
United Kingdom
01/17/2013 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
looks like some harsh weather coming in for a good period of time too if it stays this cold I can't see the UK being without ice and/or snow for a couple weeks yet whats it like in Portugal ?
 Quoting: Anderson_G

to us it's not clear yet, but we will have the clash of a warm and a cold air masse right in out coast and will cross al the iberian peninsula. Heavy rain, floods, and winds up to 120Km/h

not to goodd then buddy keep ya head down and take it easy
ExoPoliChick

User ID: 31770180
Canada
01/17/2013 06:00 PM

Report Abusive Post
Hi Luis! HF

I said it once, I'll say it again:

Slosh.

Not very comforting considering I'll be on an island off the coast of Venezuela is a few weeks time.

Slosh.

fish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resident Led Zeppelin Expert (ask me anything!)

Traveler of both time and space

Fuck Trudeau.

mRNA-Free and Proud.

"The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.' ~ Chris Hitchens
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32465549
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
looks like some harsh weather coming in for a good period of time too if it stays this cold I can't see the UK being without ice and/or snow for a couple weeks yet whats it like in Portugal ?

to us it's not clear yet, but we will have the clash of a warm and a cold air masse right in out coast and will cross al the iberian peninsula. Heavy rain, floods, and winds up to 120Km/h

This storm is worsening a lot! Re: Mon Forecast and Models - January 2013

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

The WRF is impossible .... 110km.h average wind gusts in Extremadura ... 130,140,150 may be possible ...

Extreme situation.

The ECMWF12z, GFS12z, GEM12z UKMO12z and everyone will dig the depression to house the 975-980hpa with fortissimo barometric gradient, which could result in average winds between 70 and 90km.h with gusts up to 120km.h.

Besides that we have heavy rain, the possibility of some convective cells embedded in frontal systems (locamente accentuating the wind and rain), sea alteroso possibility of snow and cold from the field in the morning of Sat.
Most affected will be north of Sines-Beja, south axis that the situation is less severe.
[link to www.meteopt.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to imageshack.us]
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/17/2013 06:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

The WRF is impossible .... 110km.h average wind gusts in Extremadura ... 130,140,150 may be possible ...

Extreme situation.

The ECMWF12z, GFS12z, GEM12z UKMO12z and everyone will dig the depression to house the 975-980hpa with fortissimo barometric gradient, which could result in average winds between 70 and 90km.h with gusts up to 120km.h.

Besides that we have heavy rain, the possibility of some convective cells embedded in frontal systems (locamente accentuating the wind and rain), sea alteroso possibility of snow and cold from the field in the morning of Sat.
Most affected will be north of Sines-Beja, south axis that the situation is less severe.

your getting slammed there
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

Extreme situation.

Geeeezzzzzzzzz i never ever see a low here of 975!!! Re: Mon Forecast and Models - January 2013

It may be even worse than Xynthia, for three reasons:

Cold front-organized, full triple point over the area of greatest dynamic forcing, thus the CAPE and LI 300-600 -1, -2 are more than enough to generate locally severe convection

Staff barometric gradient horizontal.

- Flow entering SW, W and NW passing, so to come in full of the sea .. no obstacles in the case of the gradient Xynthia strongest was with flows SE, suffering continental friction and weaken.

By the way, here's a video of Xynthia in Alcochete just to have idea ..

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

This will be really worrying ... attention to the possibility of extensive electricity cuts, cutting roads, falling trees, structural damage to some homes ... [link to www.meteopt.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Extreme situation.

Geeeezzzzzzzzz i never ever see a low here of 975!!! Re: Mon Forecast and Models - January 2013

It may be even worse than Xynthia, for three reasons:

Cold front-organized, full triple point over the area of greatest dynamic forcing, thus the CAPE and LI 300-600 -1, -2 are more than enough to generate locally severe convection

Staff barometric gradient horizontal.

- Flow entering SW, W and NW passing, so to come in full of the sea .. no obstacles in the case of the gradient Xynthia strongest was with flows SE, suffering continental friction and weaken.

By the way, here's a video of Xynthia in Alcochete just to have idea ..

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

This will be really worrying ... attention to the possibility of extensive electricity cuts, cutting roads, falling trees, structural damage to some homes ... [link to www.meteopt.com]

siren2siren2siren2
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
... Portugal and far NW Spain ...

The main show likely will be a heavy rain/wind event with limited DMC probabilities. Positive tilt of this impulse keeps CAPE values on the lower end side despite rich LL moisture spreading ashore. Favorable dynamics and upper-level support cause a prolonged period with heavy rain, but embedded convection seems unlikely. The focus however will be the passage of the cold front and occlusion beyond midnight. Expected phase diagrams and impressive dynamics point to a potential warm seclusion event with an active back-bent occlusion/potential sting jet, so the main concern will be 03Z onwards:

a) the cold front may consist of a forced line of shallow convection (EL temperatures shy below -10 °C) within a 30 m/s 850 hPa background flow. Severe wind gusts will be the main risk and I don't want to exlcude an isolated tornado event due to rapidly increasing LL shear along the coast.

b)the back-bent occlusion approaching the W coast of Portugal thereafter (around 06Z onwards). GFS hints at 30-35 m/s winds just above the BL with mixed maritime Atlantic air mass spreading ashore. The concern exists for a concentrated swath of severe to damaging wind gusts.

Low confidence in any electrified activity kept lightning probabilities low (offshore) or non-existent (onshore), so a level 1 for the wind risk with the aforementioned cold front should cover that risk for now. The eastern edge of the level 1 depicts the rough cold front position at 06Z. Please keep in mind that this level area does not cover the winds of the occlusion due to missing convection.

[link to www.estofex.org]
Veresanctus

User ID: 26108394
United States
01/17/2013 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Luis, it is definitely looking like weather all over the world is more extreme and erratic... We have had TWO ice storms and having one in a season was rare.

Last Edited by Veresanctus on 01/17/2013 06:25 PM
GET SAVED: Thread: Are you SAVED from DAMNATION?

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." -- Galatians 5:14-26
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Luis, it is definitely looking like weather all over the world is more extreme and erratic
 Quoting: Veresanctus

THIS NEVER EVER HAPPEN HERE!!!scream
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
01/17/2013 06:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Luis, it is definitely looking like weather all over the world is more extreme and erratic

I saw the monster move in on the other thread Now I know what it is, thanks to you cheers for the education cheers
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

I saw the monster move in on the other thread Now I know what it is, thanks to you cheers for the education cheers

and the bad thing is that our meteo services only give a yellow alert!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11934995
Canada
01/17/2013 06:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
good luck, luisport!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
good luck, luisport!
 Quoting: Swinburnian

Geezzzzzzzzzz i'm very scared! We are not prepared!!!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
A sting jet is a meteorological phenomenon which is believed to be the cause of the most damaging winds in European windstorms.

Following reanalysis of the Great Storm of 1987, led by Professor Keith Browning at the University of Reading, researchers identified a mesoscale flow where the most damaging winds were shown to be emanating from the evaporating tip of the hooked cloud head on the southern flank of the cyclone. This cloud, hooked like a scorpion's tail, gives the wind region its name the "Sting Jet".[1]

It is thought that a zone of strong winds, originating from within the mid-tropospheric cloud head of an explosively deepening depression, are enhanced further as the "jet" descends, drying out and evaporating a clear path through snow and ice particles. The evaporative cooling leading to the air within the jet becoming denser, leading to an acceleration of the downward flow towards the tip of the cloud head when it begins to hook around the cyclone centre. Windspeeds in excess of 80 kn (150 km/h) can be associated with the Sting jet.[2]

It has since been reproduced in high-resolution runs with the mesoscale version of the Unified Model. The Sting jet is distinct from the usual strong-wind region associated with the warm conveyor belt and main cold front. There are indications that conditional symmetric instability also plays a role in its formation but the importance of these processes remains to be quantified.[3][4]

One storm, Cyclone Tilo (November 6-11, 2007) has also been analysed and found not to display a sting jet, despite displaying strong surface winds and a fractured cold front.[4]
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32469541
Iceland
01/17/2013 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
In Iceland we have this every other two days. :) its no end of the world

Just two weeks ago we had a storm that reached 935mb and right now, this evening, we are having a storm with winds up to 100km/h. quite normal in winter. do not worry
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Just two weeks ago we had a storm that reached 935mb and right now, this evening, we are having a storm with winds up to 100km/h. quite normal in winter. do not worry
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32469541

maby the difference is that you are prepared, but we are not!
novamom

User ID: 21938356
United States
01/17/2013 06:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
I love rogue waves, was anyone squished?
 Quoting: BRIEF

Should never let a rogue wave go to waste! Now if one would only happen in the Persian Gulf and head east..
novamom

User ID: 21938356
United States
01/17/2013 06:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32469541

maby the difference is that you are prepared, but we are not!

Yes, it does seem like people need to be prepared for any type of freak weather lately.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 06:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Matthew Hugo‏@MattHugo81

Well the 96/120hr UKMO charts are certainly cold and cyclonic - [link to www.meteociel.fr] … [link to www.meteociel.fr] …
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 07:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
the heavy rain just start now!

GLP