Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,663 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 56,821
Pageviews Today: 120,117Threads Today: 72Posts Today: 997
01:15 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31853839
Canada
01/17/2013 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!
Hi, Luisport -- I signed in just to say I laughed out loud at your thread title. I'm wondering if you could reword it in simpler terms for the non-meteorologists out here in the GLP cheap seats.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31853839
Canada
01/17/2013 07:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: EPIC STORM TO PORTUGAL AND NORTH SPAIN!!! RED ALLERT JUST NOW!!! Min Pressure 967.8 hPa!!!
Interesting numbers on the cruise ship. Anything with a 13 or a 33 is always a sign or a signal (from them) that the Illuminati have had their hand in it. I'd hazard a guess that this weather event is not natural.

"The cruise line confirmed all 133 passengers and 113 crew were safe...."
natasha77

User ID: 32383500
United States
01/17/2013 07:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
5 stars!!! !!!!!! <----- 6 more for the asshole who wanted them haha

Awesome post LP!

It makes my inagination run wild lol
I am imaging meteors striking the ocean raising water levels or Atlantis coming out of the sea. Yeah yeah its not happening but i can dream right?! Lol
 Quoting: Dr. Acula

OMG that signature!
LOL
SPEAK UP. SILENCE IS DEADLY!

I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.
Spittin'Cesium

User ID: 14589973
Netherlands
01/17/2013 07:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder if there was any onboard video....

Remember this?

ohyeah

Quoting: ANHEDONIC

omhadog

That was brilliant!

Last Edited by Spittin'Cesium on 01/17/2013 07:15 PM
The thing that hath been,
is That which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done:and there is no new thing under the Sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:1
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32465549
Portugal
01/17/2013 07:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
tornados likely for tomorrow...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32282616
Portugal
01/17/2013 07:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Luisport

em Portugal???
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 07:22 PM
Report Abusive Post

em Portugal???
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32282616

SIM!!! Ainda não leste o que eu postei???
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 07:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

em Portugal???
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32282616

SIM!!! Ainda não leste o que eu postei???

Consulta este alerta e este forum: [link to www.estofex.org] [link to www.meteopt.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16845676
United States
01/17/2013 07:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Heavy snow and strong winds leading to blizzard conditions in some places. A red warning has been issued for south Wales. Nick Miller has all the details

[link to www.bbc.co.uk]

Thanks for keeping us informed grouphug
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 07:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
radar images: [link to www.ipma.pt]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32401613
Germany
01/17/2013 07:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
yawn
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 07:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
Temporal winter (18/19 January 2013)

on Thursday, January 17, 2013. Posted in Weather

Although there are still some occasional disagreements between the various meteorological models is already a certainty that starting tomorrow, Friday, there will be a worsening of weather conditions, a situation that lasted until the end of the day Saturday. This situation caused by strong cyclogenesis, possibly classifiable as explosive, which starts west of the Portuguese mainland and result in a depression dug strongly that cross the Iberian Peninsula during the day Saturday.

No full convergence in defining the trajectory and caving this depression, but I can say with certainty that there will be quite strong winds, especially in coastal and upland or exposed, persistent rain and rough seas. This forecast has already led to several weather warnings issued by the IPMA.
The weather should vindicate themselves from the Saturday night, with decreased wind intensity, accompanied by a fall in temperature.

[link to www.meteopt.com]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 08:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Warm seclusion

A warm seclusion is the mature phase of the extratropical cyclone lifecycle. This was conceptualized after the ERICA field experiment of the late 1980s, which produced observations of intense marine cyclones that indicated an anomalously warm low-level thermal structure, secluded (or surrounded) by a bent-back warm front and a coincident chevron-shaped band of intense surface winds.[28] The Norwegian Cyclone Model, as developed by the Bergen School of Meteorology, largely observed cyclones at the tail end of their lifecycle and used the term occlusion to identify the decaying stages.[29]

Warm seclusions may have cloud-free, eye-like features at their center (reminiscent of tropical cyclones), significant pressure falls, hurricane force winds, and moderate to strong convection. The most intense warm seclusions often attain pressures less than 950 millibars (28.05 inHg) with a definitive lower to mid-level warm core structure.[28] A warm seclusion, the result of a baroclinic lifecycle, occurs at latitudes well poleward of the tropics.

As latent heat flux releases are important for their development and intensification, most warm seclusion events occur over the oceans; they may impact coastal nations with hurricane force winds and torrential rain.[27][30] Climatologically, the Northern Hemisphere sees warm seclusions during the cold season months, while the Southern Hemisphere may see a strong cyclone event such as this during all times of the year.

In all tropical basins, except the Northern Indian Ocean, the extratropical transition of a tropical cyclone may result in reintensification into a warm seclusion. For example, Hurricane Maria of 2005 reintensified into a strong baroclinic system and achieved warm seclusion status at maturity (or lowest pressure).[
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 08:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
The storm is begining now with the first strong winds and rain...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 667899
Puerto Rico
01/17/2013 08:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Prayers of safety to you and yours....
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 08:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Prayers of safety to you and yours....
 Quoting: 4Evergirl

angel3
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1431110
United States
01/17/2013 08:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi, Luisport -- I signed in just to say I laughed out loud at your thread title. I'm wondering if you could reword it in simpler terms for the non-meteorologists out here in the GLP cheap seats.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31853839

Kinda sounds like Meteorologist hoping to get laid...ohyeah
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/17/2013 08:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31853839

Kinda sounds like Meteorologist hoping to get laid...ohyeah
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1431110

tounge
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9380226
United States
01/17/2013 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
radar images: [link to www.ipma.pt]

Early effects of the inbound Nibiru system. The brown dwarf lives!

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19149155
Australia
01/17/2013 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
good luck, luisport!
 Quoting: Swinburnian

Geezzzzzzzzzz i'm very scared! We are not prepared!!!

hugs
Veresanctus

User ID: 26108394
United States
01/17/2013 10:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
The storm is begining now with the first strong winds and rain...

Keep us posted if you can, godspeed
GET SAVED: Thread: Are you SAVED from DAMNATION?

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." -- Galatians 5:14-26
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30297199
Canada
01/17/2013 10:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
OP, you are right, another EPIC failed storm.
abeliever
Members

User ID: 17868616
United States
01/17/2013 11:32 PM

Report Abusive Post
May God protect you, Luis and all in Portugal and Spain!

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30268827
Portugal
01/17/2013 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Vai haver neve na costa?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14472872
Australia
01/18/2013 12:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Luis,
I'm not a a praying type of gal---but I ask my dead relatives. I think those that have passed hang around and can be called upon if they are still on that plain. Because we are all connected I think I can ask my relly's to help you out. You will be ok.
Much love.
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32486181
United States
01/18/2013 12:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
The best thread title EVER!
red_heart
DoorBert

User ID: 870568
United States
01/18/2013 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32502910
Portugal
01/18/2013 05:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
hf Thank you everyone!!! We are a family!!!
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/18/2013 05:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to imageshack.us]
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
01/18/2013 05:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

Re: Mon Forecast and Models - January 2013

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

For me this is the letter of the day and would be the worst scenario! GFS has the same 975hpa but spend a good few km's to the north that will make a big difference in wind speed in the central / southern Hirlam the scenario would be more burdensome for those areas! Now look no matter models is to follow the Satellite and monitor the air pressure to see which is correct, but I will remember the scene of hirlam would be serious and Central / South justify the most affected and there maybe a warning up today! Be that as it will be a good time that we have every year and from North to South! [link to www.meteopt.com]

GLP