c saw
User ID: 13641814
United States
01/19/2013 08:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: shadow demon/sleep paralysis?
You must be Irish, or Jewish.

Its Lilith man shes coming for your soul.

The Irish call her leanansidhe.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32358435

at one point in my life, I had severe sleep apnea.(the whys are interesting...they are/were environmental! I am free of is now if I choose to be)

At that time I was very sickly(a mom of 3 small children)

I would sleep on a bean bag chair in the 'CPR' position in order to get some air...(the sleep test showed that I would stop breathing 100 times in 2 hours...during 2 instances, my blood oxygen saturation when below what the oximeter could register which is 60%...they put you on oxygen at 91-93% in the hospital)They woke me up after 2 hours and sent me home cus they didn't need to see any more for proof I needed help...a perminent treachiostomy was proposed,not just CPap machine...that's how bad it was.

one night, as I lay sleeping on the bean bag, I precieved a dark figure moving on the outside of the house...the driveway was next to our room...when it got to our room, it came through the wall and stood over me....

the closest I could discribe it would be like a black hooded monks type robe but more flowing...

as it stood over me, I understood it to be death...

In my mind, I shouted, "Breath, God Dam it!!!!"

and instantly it vanished and I took a deep breath of air....

Death is a very real possibility with severe sleep apnea.

The next time it began to come near (about the edge of the driveway)as soon as I felt it coming, I woke up...and breathed...

It wasn't long after that that I left everything behind(I left my disabled 5 year old and my 4 year old 'tigger' wanna be with thier dad:/ thought I was dying and didn't want to endanger them, took my 10 year old, different father, and drove to a job at a christian camp and conference center...it was there that I was shown the problem and the cure, at least for me and my case/cause of apnea)

Death has never come for me again.

I thank the Lord for it.

Personally, I would stay away from Crowely...you yourself will give PERMISSION to many things to come into your home and into your life...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32578776
China
01/19/2013 10:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bumping for more info!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28912132
United States
01/19/2013 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am not allowed to give anymore information than the following:

The being you encounter is called 'the watcher at the threshold'. It exists to scare you away from crossing boundaries you are not yet ready to cross. It will always be evil and act hatefully towards you. Essentially, it is your ego's ego.

You created it.
primus889

User ID: 22529169
United States
01/19/2013 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am not allowed to give anymore information than the following:

The being you encounter is called 'the watcher at the threshold'. It exists to scare you away from crossing boundaries you are not yet ready to cross. It will always be evil and act hatefully towards you. Essentially, it is your ego's ego.

You created it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28912132

This is the most accurate. From my experience it doesn't exist to scare you away but instead to show you your fears.

I had many encounters with this until finally I could experience it from a place of calm observation. My experiences have moved beyond that now. It is up to you to figure out how to reach this point. Or even make the decision that you are not yet ready.

Ultimately.. the only harm that was inflicted during my experiences was inflicted by myself.. to myself. The shadow figure never did anything but show me my fear. I had the option of attaching to that fear or observing and trying to understand it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32203849
United States
01/19/2013 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
I used to read a LOT of Stephen King (this was 20 some odd years ago). I started having night terrors about ghosts coming in my room and picking me up to carry me away. I felt myself being lifted, couldn't move, couldn't make a sound. Once I woke up and literally felt myself fall and hit the bed.

One night I got so scared and ANGRY I said, out loud "Leave me alone in the name of Jesus Christ!".

It never happened again.

I was a marginal believer at best in those days, but I'm a strong believer now.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 10783814

this^^^
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13039567
United States
01/19/2013 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
You were reading crowley, I think you already know what that was... Demons/aliens are only commanded by the name of Jesus Christ. If you want to escape all this, I'd read the Bible instead of Crowley's shit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31617241
United States
01/19/2013 03:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Also, 3 nights later, I woke up paralyzed and terrified again and there was a creepy old lady hag voice saying marge marge marge. I don't know any marge. Just simpson, I guess...I've never attempted to contact anyone butgod. Has anyone ever had dream disturbances after reading aleister crowley? I found out later that I had been in a building where he lived in nola. No joke. He donated mirrors to it because of the visions it gave him. It used to be an opium den. But I honestly didn't believe he was evil. Naive, I guess.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31617241
United States
01/19/2013 05:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
And im sure I looked into one of the mirrors cause I can never walk past a mirror without looking
c saw
United States
01/19/2013 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Does a dream leave scratches and bruises?
The sleep paralysis is a dream.
 Quoting: Superheavyweight 32486488

That leaves scratches and bruises? Really?

There's no point in arguing with ignorant skeptics.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32566245

DONT' YOU REALIZE?

Most of the people on this thread that really know you are telling the truth and KNOW about what you speak are christians...

I am a bible believing Christian...follower of Christ,

Not any Christ...the Christ, the Holy One of Isreal...

I know you can't read your bible, I know you can't read the other books suggested...I know you can't put the occult books down...

In your head, you believe that Jesus was probably real
In your head, you can see how others were able to call on His name for help...

Calling on 'god' to help you with out knowing who He is or who His Son is, is like telling the cop whose giving you at ticket that you know who the president of the united states is...

we all do...

but not all of us are related or best friends with the POTUS....so you can't get out of anything,

YOU have no power in and of yourself...

Go to a Vineyard Church in your area,
Go to a Mexican Church in your area...especially in the ghetto...

these people will pray for you, these people will help you with your problem...

I have seen deliverance

one was a young girl writhing on the ground, hissing like a snake...they assumed it was a spirit from asia as she was from an asian household, but it was a spirit of perversion...and it was cast out, and she agreed with it being cast out...and she asked to be filled with the Spirit of the Living God after it left...

I have seen people froth at the mouth and speak in other voices, I have seen super human strength...I have prayed with the chosen son in an elite household and saw his tears run UP his face...there were seven demons that came out that night...

many of the 'cartoons' today are actually demon beings...

One demon was placed in him by a ritual done in boy scouts...

many of us partake of things without knowing what we are making contracts with...

the last image I saw was a crystal pyramid with a rainbow image of the medical symbol inside...the 2 serpents wrapped around a staff...

there was one that this boy/young man did NOT want to give up...

it was a white skinned, red haired woman who was both old and young...

He kept her because of comfort...because people possessed from childhood(he was used in rituals from a young age, he was a twin, he attempted suicied 9 times before the age of 11, he had burn marks and scars up and down his arms and back)

He called me the next a day or so later and said he wasn't sure he liked being delivered from the tomentors...

He missed the super human strength, the cat like reflexes, the beyond genious mentality...he missed thier help...

It is written, once cast out, the demon will come back and check his 'old house' and finding it cleaned and swept...but empty(not filled with the presence of God's Holy Spirit)the spirit will go and get 7 more far worse than himself and the state of the person will be far worse than if they had never been delievered in the first place...

Go get real prayer, go get real help from Bible Believing Christians that believe in healing for today, delieverance for today...

what town do you live in, give me an 50 mile area and I will find you a church that will be willing to recieve you and care for you through this...

people you can meet, Jesus with skin on!
c saw
United States
01/19/2013 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
In a dream your body is paralysed.

Where do the scratches and bruises come from?
I've woken up out of a dream had my wrists grabbed and been pulled back down hand had something scream in my fucking ear, and when I was let go I had scratches and bruises on my fucking wrists in the shape of hands. Every night I get held down and feel like a fucking needle is pressed into my right eye and when I am let go the pain fucking continues for a good three minutes.
How is that a fucking dream?
You are stupid.

Are you sure you are not being raped?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27197325

By who? Shit happens wherever I am every night if I'm asleep by 3 am. Its happened in a building where I was the only soul and all the doors were locked, its happened in a room with friends. Its nothing physical.

you are right, it is not someone physical, it is spiritual.

Satan and his minions are leagalists...

this can only be done to you if THEY have leagle right to you...

I knew of a couple, the man was a pastor...the woman was the sister of my pastor...I am not mexican but they were...

the little boys were getting bloody noses(the old wives tale was that a demon was present causing the bloody nose)

the boys were having something pull thier blankets off them at night and thier feet were being bitten by something...

Later it turned out the husband was 'not right', he was abusing the boys(beatings)he was violent to the mother, he had come out of gang life...(gangs use alot of witch craft so this man would have still had those ties unless specifically broken through prayer and declaration, claiming his new life in Christ Jesus and a new, adopted son of God...through faith in Jesus Christ, we are adopted into the family of God, no longer members of our earthly family, thus no longer under thier curses)

the manifestations stopped once mom an boys moved out...including the spontaneous bloody noses.
c saw
United States
01/19/2013 06:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you can bring yourself to do this, read

in a king james bible

first john, chapter 1 and 4...take about 10 to 15 minutes

the first book of john which is a letter, not the book of john which is one of the 4 gospels...

then, if you want to know more about the Holy Spirit of God, given to all believers, to live in them through faith in Jesus the Christ...read chapter 14, 15 and 16 in the book of john...Chapter 17 is the prayer Jesus prayed FOR YOU.

I hope this helps...it will if you can do it...

I will be praying for you, bro, all of you.

C saw and prayed...
Visitor
User ID: 1354586
United States
01/19/2013 06:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Job 4:12-21

12 Now a thing was secretly brought to me, and mine ear received a little thereof. 13 In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men, 14 Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake . 15 Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up : 16 It stood still , but I could not discern the form thereof: an image was before mine eyes, there was silence, and I heard a voice, saying, 17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker ? 18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly: 19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth? 20 They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it. 21 Doth not their excellency which is in them go away ? they die , even without wisdom.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32549987
China
01/19/2013 09:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Job 4:12-21

12 Now a thing was secretly brought to me, and mine ear received a little thereof. 13 In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men, 14 Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake . 15 Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up : 16 It stood still , but I could not discern the form thereof: an image was before mine eyes, there was silence, and I heard a voice, saying, 17 Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker ? 18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly: 19 How much less in them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, which are crushed before the moth? 20 They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it. 21 Doth not their excellency which is in them go away ? they die , even without wisdom.
 Quoting: Visitor 1354586

Would you care to explain thay in Laymans please?
Anonymous Coward
China
01/19/2013 10:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
These videos have been pretty useful regarding Lucid Dreaming and O.B.E. The techniques are nothing new, but the infographics are well presented.

[link to www.tudou.com]

My chinese friends have also talked about Feng Shui being tied to this phenomenon in Chinese culture. Aparently there is a little hybrid animal called "PiXiu" which is said to sit on your chest or guard you from evil spirits

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Any other information would be greatly appreciated. I have been using the GLP search function. There are so many threads about this. It's amazing. However I'm looking for more recent experiences as something has seemed different about them recently.
Anonymous Coward
China
01/19/2013 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Guys,

I added these links to save people having to click the search function. Pages of info here to look through.

Sleep paralysis, aliens, and shadow entities
Thread: Sleep paralysis, aliens, and shadow entities

Shadow Watches me sleep. (WTF) ???
Thread: Shadow Watches me sleep. (WTF) ???

DId anyone see SHADOW PEOLE last night?
Thread: DId anyone see SHADOW PEOLE last night?

just saw shadow person
Thread: just saw shadow person

The Shadow Man
Thread: The Shadow Man

who sees the shadows in the forum
Thread: who sees the shadows in the forum

Batlike Shadow-beings in House?
Thread: Batlike Shadow-beings in House?

Another Hatman Sighting - in Japan!
Thread: Another Hatman Sighting - in Japan!

Have you ever seen The Hat Man?
Thread: Have you ever seen The Hat Man?

shadow hat man
Thread: shadow hat man

Any one ever heard of or seen the Black shadow man with Hat?
Thread: Any one ever heard of or seen the Black shadow man with Hat?

Picture on Drudge looks like the "Shadow Hat Man"!!!
Thread: Picture on Drudge looks like the "Shadow Hat Man"!!!

Has anyone ever experienced the "Hat Man"?
Thread: Has anyone ever experienced the "Hat Man"?

Hat Man
Thread: Hat Man

Is the "Hat Man" the Devil?
Thread: Is the "Hat Man" the Devil?

Sleep Paralysis, demons, Old Hag Syndrome, scary dreams..interprete
Thread: Sleep Paralysis, demons, Old Hag Syndrome, scary dreams..interprete

Old hag is not an old hag
Thread: Old hag is not an old hag

Sleep Paralyses "The Old Hag" Night Terrors!
Thread: Sleep Paralyses "The Old Hag" Night Terrors!

Old hag crushing your chest in middle of night?
Thread: Old hag crushing your chest in middle of night?

Old Hag Syndrome -- Myth and Science collide
Thread: Old Hag Syndrome -- Myth and Science collide
Anonymous Coward
China
01/20/2013 01:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
bumpity bump.

Please keep this thread alive guys. People are just going to start a new one eventually and most of this data will just be regurgitated back.
Chris Hansen

User ID: 32420294
Australia
01/20/2013 01:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sleeping in bed I woke up to see a cloaked figure walking slowly toward me. Terrified I could not move digging my fingernails into my husbands arm but he wouldn't wake up. It came closer bent down and kissed me on the cheek. Then I came to and it was gone. What do u think it was? Also it was shortly after I started reading crowley....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20717309

simple answer is

if u were able to move your muscles, it was a ghost.

if u were frozen stiff and not able to move any part of your body besides fingers toes and eyes it was just an hallucination that comes with sleep paralysis.

some people see Jesus Angels and some people think they get abducted by aliens, but all it is is just a dream u are able to see in front of you

on the bright side of this, if u are in sleep paralysis u can easily transform it into a Lucid Dream or a Out Of Body Experience, your choice. for lucid dream just imagine a dream scene and soon u will be transported into a dream where u are in full control. for OBEs, just imagine a rope hanging above u, and with your imaginary hands try to grab the rope and pull yourself out of your body, congratulations now go perv on your neighbor in the shower or you can fly anywhere in the real world including space

Last Edited by Chris Hansen on 01/20/2013 01:14 AM
..why don't you take a seat over there
Anonymous Coward
China
01/20/2013 01:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sleeping in bed I woke up to see a cloaked figure walking slowly toward me. Terrified I could not move digging my fingernails into my husbands arm but he wouldn't wake up. It came closer bent down and kissed me on the cheek. Then I came to and it was gone. What do u think it was? Also it was shortly after I started reading crowley....

simple answer is

if u were frozen stiff and not able to move any part of your body besides fingers toes and eyes it was just an hallucination that comes with sleep paralysis.

some people see Jesus Angels and some people think they get abducted by aliens, but all it is is just a dream u are able to see in front of you

on the bright side of this, if u are in sleep paralysis u can easily transform it into a Lucid Dream or a Out Of Body Experience, your choice. for lucid dream just imagine a dream scene and soon u will be transported into a dream where u are in full control. for OBEs, just imagine a rope hanging above u, and with your imaginary hands try to grab the rope and pull yourself out of your body, congratulations now go perv on your neighbor in the shower or you can fly anywhere in the real world including space
 Quoting: Chris Hansen

This answer seems satisfactoy on face level. But digging deeper there are still questions.

Why does everyone have a similar experience with sleep paralysis. The old hag, the hat man, the shadow people, demons and grey aliens. <- why would the mind project these images regardless of cultural and traditional upbringing and exposure to said characters.

Wearing a fedora and cloak isn't popular at all in asia, yet many have see the hat man.
Chris Hansen

Australia
01/20/2013 01:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

simple answer is

This answer seems satisfactoy on face level. But digging deeper there are still questions.

Why does everyone have a similar experience with sleep paralysis. The old hag, the hat man, the shadow people, demons and grey aliens. <- why would the mind project these images regardless of cultural and traditional upbringing and exposure to said characters.

Wearing a fedora and cloak isn't popular at all in asia, yet many have see the hat man.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32549987

if u dont have fear u dont see the shadow men and demons. if u are not scared u will see nothing or happy dreams in front of you like butterflies unicorns and... Jesus and Angels... people think its real tho sadly. people usually have fear because they wake up and suddenly they cant move a muscle

and the darkness is associated with ghosts, so when u are dreaming that makes u see shadow men

Last Edited by Chris Hansen on 01/20/2013 01:29 AM
Anonymous Coward
China
01/20/2013 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

simple answer is

if u dont have fear u dont see the shadow men and demons. if u are not scared u will see nothing or happy dreams in front of you like butterflies unicorns and... Jesus and Angels... people think its real tho sadly. people usually have fear because they wake up and suddenly they cant move a muscle

and the darkness is associated with ghosts, so when u are dreaming that makes u see shadow men

Ok I don't think you understand the significance of this being a WORLDWIDE phenomenon? Have you had the chance to travel yet?
I have lived in 25 different countries with many distinctly different cultures. People from certain countries have no exposure to any images that would be reflected as hat man or the old hag. Yet people see it.
Its fine to explain it away as Christians either seeing angels or demons, but what about atheist cultures that experience it? Or pagan or buddhist cultures? I don't think its a as simple as 'people see demons when they're scared and angels when they're not'. Because peoples descriptions of the demons and angels would differ greatly.

Also the majority of people i talk to have some kind of idea about how a demon or the devil would look. Gargoyles and goatees and pitch forks and shit. Nothing about a shadow in a london fog jacket and fedora.
Chris Hansen

Australia
01/20/2013 01:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

simple answer is

Ok I don't think you understand the significance of this being a WORLDWIDE phenomenon? Have you had the chance to travel yet?
I have lived in 25 different countries with many distinctly different cultures. People from certain countries have no exposure to any images that would be reflected as hat man or the old hag. Yet people see it.
Its fine to explain it away as Christians either seeing angels or demons, but what about atheist cultures that experience it? Or pagan or buddhist cultures? I don't think its a as simple as 'people see demons when they're scared and angels when they're not'. Because peoples descriptions of the demons and angels would differ greatly.

Also the majority of people i talk to have some kind of idea about how a demon or the devil would look. Gargoyles and goatees and pitch forks and shit. Nothing about a shadow in a london fog jacket and fedora.

trust me it is just a dream, if u concentrate u can change the shadow man into something else. some people also see the girl from the ring. no one knows why most people see a shadow man and/or demons. they are just associated with fear by default i guess.

i have had 1 OBE and a couple lucid dreams, all by using sleep paralysis

Last Edited by Chris Hansen on 01/20/2013 01:41 AM
Anonymous Coward
China
01/20/2013 02:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

trust me it is just a dream, if u concentrate u can change the shadow man into something else. some people also see the girl from the ring. no one knows why most people see a shadow man and/or demons. they are just associated with fear by default i guess.

If it's just dreams then you didnt actually have an out of body experience right? You just dreamt that you did but you imagined it? I'm just going by your logic here...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32624685
United States
01/20/2013 02:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
You should not sleep in a tense state. If you have these, wake up an center yourself. The soul will wander.into places you may not like.
Chris Hansen

Australia
01/20/2013 02:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

If it's just dreams then you didnt actually have an out of body experience right? You just dreamt that you did but you imagined it? I'm just going by your logic here...

No, think of it as a tunnel. the tunnel has 2 exits, when in sleep paralysis u are in the tunnel, u have 2 exits to choose, one leads to a full lucid dream (inside your head) the other takes you out of your body literally (outside your head)

also when u are dreaming/lucid dreaming u are actually using your astral body, which allows u to change your lucid dream into an astral projection/obe
Anonymous Coward
China
01/20/2013 02:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
So why then, are the shadows not part of the astral realm? Why do you think that they are just products of the dream?

Read my story a few pages back. When this happened I wasn't paralyzed. Its the first time this has happened where i had no S.P.

I woke up abruptly and sat up quickly. only to be surrounded by 4 shadows in trench coats and fedoras. I laid back down and closed my eyes hoping they would be gone. When I opened my eyes again they were still there.
Anonymous Coward
China
01/20/2013 02:16 AM
Report Abusive Post

You basically admitted that you don't know why. This is the question that I am looking for the answer too.
Chris Hansen

Australia
01/20/2013 02:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
So why then, are the shadows not part of the astral realm? Why do you think that they are just products of the dream?

Read my story a few pages back. When this happened I wasn't paralyzed. Its the first time this has happened where i had no S.P.

I woke up abruptly and sat up quickly. only to be surrounded by 4 shadows in trench coats and fedoras. I laid back down and closed my eyes hoping they would be gone. When I opened my eyes again they were still there.

Ghosts are real, u can also see ghosts in the astral realm. u can astral project with friends, they will also see them at the same time.

but when in sleep paralysis what u see on the outside is just a dream, u are not out of body yet. u are still in the physical world.

so if u see a ghost when u are not sleeping/your body is not sleeping, and u dont have a mental illness, chances are it was a real ghost. i have seen ghosts before.

Last Edited by Chris Hansen on 01/20/2013 02:23 AM
friendoffriends
User ID: 17459492
United States
01/20/2013 02:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
for the fellow who wanted the negative entities during sleep paralysis to stay away. is simple. burn SAGE before bed. it's called a SMUDGING CEREMONY. google that. read up and do it. no more sleep problems.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32527430
United States
01/20/2013 02:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
The bruises come from punches/slaps.

Punches/slaps from who exactly?
Me?
How does that explain bruises and scratches on my wrists? Because I physically can't scratch myself because I bite my fingernails.

Punches and slaps from yourself? I had a friend who had that problem, would punch himself in his sleep from time to time. It happens.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1492246
Russia
01/20/2013 02:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Say hello to your fear. Period .

GLP