Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,364 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,422,831
Pageviews Today: 2,375,769Threads Today: 952Posts Today: 16,939
10:10 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Rock solid proof of alien life? Scientists claim fossilized algae inside meteorite

JUST HERE
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 25610447
United States
01/20/2013 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Rock solid proof of alien life? Scientists claim fossilized algae inside meteorite
Fossilized algae recently discovered inside a Sri Lankan meteorite could finally prove the existence of extra-terrestrial life, claim the authors of the new paper.

­In a recently published article in the Journal of Cosmology titled “Fossil Diatoms in a New Carbonaceous Meteorite”, scientists from the UK and Sri Lanka claim to have found fossilized algae in a meteorite.

The paper alleges that “microscopic fossilized diatoms were found in the sample,” which fell in Sri Lanka in December last year. The finding, the work suggests is a “strong evidence to support the theory of cometary panspermia.” The theory argues that life across planets is spread by meteorites and asteroids. Panspermia suggests that life could have existed on another planet and moved to Earth.
[link to rt.com]
:glp sign:
Lucky Charms

User ID: 32602642
Ireland
01/20/2013 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Rock solid proof of alien life? Scientists claim fossilized algae inside meteorite
Caution is advised.

There appears to be a lot of material yet to be published on the find.
No conclusive proof that the rock is even a meteorite...

I dunno, I'd be the first person to applaud this find normally, but something seems off.
'Magically Delicious'
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12774950
Canada
01/20/2013 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Rock solid proof of alien life? Scientists claim fossilized algae inside meteorite
shoots the god theory to shit..

everyone knew this day would come, and now they will try to make you think it's not true.

great stuff
Op!!!
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/20/2013 12:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Caution is advised.

I dunno, I'd be the first person to applaud this find normally, but something seems off.
 Quoting: Lucky Charms

what seems off about it..
Lucky Charms

User ID: 32602642
Ireland
01/20/2013 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Caution is advised.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12774950

Poor choice of words, my bad.

I'm not trying to shout this down, I want this to be true.

However if you read the paper they published, they only assign provisional id to the fragment, I'm a bit ocd about these things and any gap left like that is an entry point for uncertainty.

I'm gonna hold my breath on this one, I want to wait until they publish full details of the frag itself.

I want 100% confirmation from all angles, watertight, silver bullet.

Then and only then will I celebrate.
'Magically Delicious'
Anonymous Coward
Canada
01/20/2013 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Caution is advised.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 12774950

Poor choice of words, my bad.

I'm not trying to shout this down, I want this to be true.

However if you read the paper they published, they only assign provisional id to the fragment, I'm a bit ocd about these things and any gap left like that is an entry point for uncertainty.

I'm gonna hold my breath on this one, I want to wait until they publish full details of the frag itself.

I want 100% confirmation from all angles, watertight, silver bullet.

Then and only then will I celebrate.

dasbiergoodnews

GLP