Black Knight Satellite Link From NASA

Kiniver
User ID: 24072071
Canada
01/20/2013 10:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Black Knight Satellite Link From NASA
Kinda looks like Harbringer from Mass Effect 3, just the legs/tenticals are retracted right now
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32412828
United States
01/20/2013 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Possibly the Annunaki? abduct
 Quoting: Lawlis

this, we left this here 13000 years ago to see if your civilization would ever grow up.

were still waiting.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9097418
United States
01/20/2013 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
There is a story that one of the underground nuclear explosions sent a 20 ton steel lid over the borehole into space. Is this item that lid?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21895022
United States
01/20/2013 10:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is so fucking old. I remember this popping up years ago. It's ejected shit that is frozen. Space poop.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31493116
Germany
01/20/2013 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is so fucking old. I remember this popping up years ago. It's ejected shit that is frozen. Space poop.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21895022

Chill shill
Kiniver
User ID: 24072071
Canada
01/20/2013 10:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Kinda looks like Harbringer from Mass Effect 3, just the legs/tenticals are retracted right now
 Quoting: Kiniver 24072071

Found a picture of it kinda with its arms/tentacles in

[link to www.google.ca]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25781251
United States
01/20/2013 10:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
There is a story that one of the underground nuclear explosions sent a 20 ton steel lid over the borehole into space. Is this item that lid?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9097418

During the Pascal-B nuclear test, a heavy (900 kg) (approx 1,984 pounds) steel plate cap (a piece of armor plate) was blasted off the top of a test shaft at a speed of more than 66 km/s (41 miles per second or 147,600mph). Before the test, experimental designer Dr. Brownlee had performed a highly approximate calculation that suggested that the nuclear explosion, combined with the specific design of the shaft, would accelerate the plate to six times escape velocity.[4] The plate was never found, but Dr. Brownlee believes that the plate never left the atmosphere (it may even have been vaporized by compression heating of the atmosphere due to its high speed). The calculated velocity was sufficiently interesting that the crew trained a high-speed camera on the plate, which unfortunately only appeared in one frame, but this nevertheless gave a very high lower bound for the speed. After the event, Dr. Robert R. Brownlee described the best estimate of the cover's speed from the photographic evidence as "going like a bat out of hell!"[5][6] The use of a subterranean shaft and nuclear device to propel an object to escape velocity has since been termed a "thunder well".

This incident was reputedly used as part of the technical justification for the Orion project for possible use of nuclear blasts for outer-space propulsion.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17808369
United States
01/20/2013 10:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32671255
United States
01/20/2013 10:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
pretty sure they talked about black knight satellite (not that these spacejunk pics are it) in one of the ancient aliens episodes
abhie

User ID: 32691996
India
01/20/2013 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
If I were to write science fiction using this, then I would make this out to be an ancient satellite put into orbit about a million years ago, and used to monitor the different create-destroy cycles on Earth. Either the ancient priesthood who call themselves the Freemasons are using this to monitor activities on Earth or its ...yes...the alienzz.

Maybe its pretty powerful and maybe there is not just one, but about three of them in space. Maybe after this cycle of humanity is destroyed all the man made junk up there will be destroyed or laser-burned, and humanity starts another cycle afresh.

Maybe.
(I'm male, mid-40's, and live and work in India as a designer. Writing is a passion of mine, as is painting. My avatar represents my protagonist against the Illuminati -a female warrior.)
:laotszungb:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8219246
Canada
01/20/2013 11:16 PM
Report Abusive Post

Heard Nasa had removed link, well here it is. THE LINK - [link to eol.jsc.nasa.gov]

All props go to youtuber Streetcap1.
dance
 Quoting: Kael

looks like Han Solo or maybe Darth Vader with a jet pack?

TruthMonger
User ID: 4160225
United States
01/20/2013 11:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

Heard Nasa had removed link, well here it is. THE LINK - [link to eol.jsc.nasa.gov]

dance

Love the banter, but this is old news. After all it is NASA, where one finds: Never A Straight Answer.
yoda
Kirk

User ID: 25384388
United States
01/20/2013 11:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
The "Black Knight" sat has been known about and up there for many years!

There are two basic choices.

a.) it's been orbiting since pre-deluvian times and is a product of a much earlier and much more advanced civilization that was flourishing on this earth sometime before 3000 BC.

b.) it was placed there by some other alien civilization perhaps to monitor radio and electro-magnetic transmissions from earth - relaying them to some distant civilization that may or may not still be in existence today.

We now know that Faster-than-light travel is entirely possible, chances are extremely high that transmission of information using entangled objects is also possible and can take place instantly across vast reaches of space and even perhaps across time.

This could also be some sort of defensive device placed in orbit by either a benevolent alien civilization or a pre-flood ultra-advanced civilization that was thriving on earth in the distant reaches of prehistory, that can and will be called upon to deflect potential collisions with comets, asteroids, etc. If that is indeed what it is - we can only hope it is still working should it ever be needed before our own tech can provide a similar level of defense against such potential world-destroying entities.
 Quoting: MarkinAZ

my money is on number 1
Government is a body largely ungoverned.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32656844
United States
01/20/2013 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I haven't gone through all the pages on this post yet but I can't wait to tomorrow.

First off I hate when people call BS on this when these are on a nasa ftp server. I downloaded them last month via a blog post someone made which had a comment getting with a username and password to get past their locked images.

Secondly, if this is still in orbit then there are more. I say this because this shit came down out of the sky near while I was smoking on my back porch on December 6th or 7th. Call BS all you want I understand the see it to believe it stance on this sort of claim. What's even lamer and what I can't forgive myself for is that I had left my iphone in my room downstairs to charge as it was at 6% battery life and I had the BEST opportunity to snap photos of a ufo like no one has ever been able to get. I reported it on MUFON actually not long after, maybe a day.

Basically I had gone outside cuz I heard the sound of a unnecessarily low-flying plane above my home and I was just like what the hell is this nonsense? By the time I was out there there were no planes to be seen.

So I'm just sitting on the railing of my back porch smoking and I hear another plane-esque sound. I give a very unimpressed yet curious look over my left shoulder (I was facing my house feet hanging down to rest on a plastic chair). I now went from unimpressed nonchalance to wtf intrigue, as what I turned to see was what looked like the brightest, and I mean f'in bright man, headlights in the fashion of cars headlights heading my direction from the southern sky. Ok what? That was my basic sate of mind at this point. So I turn more fully so I wouldn't strain my neck any more and my heart just starts thumpin like a bass drum cuz this thing is losing altitude and bridging the gap between me and it fast fast fast. I was convinced this plane with the brightest headlights ever was going to just demolish my house.

Then as it gets to the power lines at the edge of my backyard its speed drops dramatically. Now its At tree level and I can see that this thing can turn on a time and its motions are soft and gentle like the glide of balloons. It slowly makes its way past the willow in the yard and is just chilling now like 10-15 yards away like its watching me watch it. MIND BLOWN. I'm speechless, I'm breathless, my mind is reeling, is this a drone, is this stealth, is this an abduction, am i so special as to be picked out of billions, is this benevolent or is this malevolent, i wish i had my camera.

Thousands of thoughts per second of that nature. So I told my self ok I don't have a camera but I'm going to remember every bit of this I can. So I analyzed it as best I could in the dark and i noted the beams of light were lights mounted on the front, it flew at almost a 45' angle, i couldn't exactly tell if it had wings but i thought so and if so they were quite long, i at first thought triangle shaped but then decided triangle in a sense but still just rectangle, other than the two beam lights there was a constant small red light near the top, most intriguing to me was that i distinctly noticed that bend at the top you can see in the pics and to me it made me think of a single plane wing, and finally i was certain i saw a glasslike (that is it was transparent material) place which i believed was the place of control in the middle.

This is my most basic short way to describe what happened (with no ending) I wasn't abducted and didn't make contact and I'm sad about that. I flipped the damn thing off! I had earlier had conversations about drones being used in farm land to find drug ops and thought right off the bat it was military. I'm ashamed. The week following I was searching for similar stories or images and I found these nasa photos. Maybe I'll snap a photo of my backyard and photoshop it in to give a rough idea of the size and what not. Sorry for the long winded way I have written this.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27432234
United States
01/21/2013 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
would anyone care to look at the countless threads glp members have made in the past?

not to do so is a sever diservice to those who came before you.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32662046

This!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32087839
United States
01/21/2013 12:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Found this combined image of all 6 photos. Not a 3d image. I found this while looking online for a 3d version.

[link to i.imgur.com]
 Quoting: grimloche

Wow, cool.
 Quoting: uscrusader1

yo im all about logical but is this REALLY a satellite? It looks like a fraking ship to me.
silent knight
User ID: 32700520
South Africa
01/21/2013 12:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
there is nothing new under the sun
PigsInSpace

User ID: 27539979
Canada
01/21/2013 12:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

dance

its clearly a chinese lantern.. not sure what eveyrone is getting so worked up about..
 Quoting: PigsInSpace

whoever gave me red karma for this.. you clearly do not know what a joke is.

get a life you tard!

Last Edited by PigsInSpace on 01/21/2013 01:00 AM
Dr. AculaModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 70255
United States
01/21/2013 01:12 AM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Jasper

wow, that's pretty sad
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1034800

awful lot of space junk for less than 100 years of space exploration dont ya think...

drbat
Dr. AculaModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

User ID: 70255
United States
01/21/2013 01:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
Just because the Sky Gods left... doesnt mean they still arent watching...

drbat
Occult Conspiracy
User ID: 32702778
Sweden
01/21/2013 01:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
could be project prometheus.
it has the shape.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32620901

Don't confuse hollywood pulp movies with reality.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32129936

Most all Hollywood movies are "designer leaks" and are admissions of what the elite have in store for us.
 Quoting: Miss Kitty

More from the world of "fiction"...
Coming Movie 2013 -

Elysium is an upcoming 2013 American science fiction film written and directed by Neill Blomkamp. The film stars Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, and Wagner Moura. Elysium is scheduled to be released August 9, 2013

Elysium is set on another planet in the far future.
The film will combine sociopolitical ideas and action.

In 2159 there are two classes: the very rich who live on a station created by man, Elysium, and others who live on Earth sacked and overcrowded.

Secretary Rhodes (Jodie Foster) is a member of the government who would do anything to pass anti-immigration laws and to preserve the luxurious living of the citizens of Elysium. This does not prevent the inhabitants of the earth to try to integrate Elysium by all possible means.

One day, the unlucky Max (Matt Damon), driven accepts a mission that could save his life, but also restore the balance between these two worlds.

Quoting:

Elysium trailer 2013 NEW

[link to www.youtube.com]

============================================

Elysium is the follow up of DISTRICT 9....

District 9 Plot:
An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly find a kindred spirit in a government agent that is exposed to their biotechnology.

Trailer of District 9:

[link to www.youtube.com]
:)
User ID: 32703111
Canada
01/21/2013 01:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32129936
Netherlands
01/21/2013 07:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
I asked Richard Hoagland about this. Although he had heard about it he had no information on it. I thought it was strange to that Hoagland didn't have any knowledge/theories on this.
 Quoting: Morpheus

i though he would know something!
 Quoting: Jasper

Nah, Dick C.Hoagland is either a fraud, or a crazie.
Veresanctus

User ID: 26108394
United States
01/21/2013 08:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
This proves my point that people will believe ANYTHING that they WANT to believe, regardless of facts.

Crumpled and tumbling dark space junk, which is obvious when looking at all the photos.
GET SAVED: Thread: Are you SAVED from DAMNATION?

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another." -- Galatians 5:14-26
Halcyon Dayz, FCD

User ID: 31033756
Netherlands
01/21/2013 09:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
You don't like parsimony?
It's a very useful intellectual tool.
 Quoting: Halcyon Dayz, FCD

It's a typical fallacy of the quasi-intellectual scientist who prefers easy and simplistic answers to complicated matters.
 Quoting: Dutch Coward 32129936

Inventing unnecessary entities is logical now?
Why do you feel the need to insult every single scientist ever?

The whole point of parsimony is not to make things more complicated than the data shows.
It is an intellectual power tool because much more often than not it does gets you useful results.

I think it's rather small and close to the camera.

On what grounds?

Rhetorical remark, nobody knows.

What we do know is that it is between the orbiter and Earth and that a 75 mm lens set to infinity shows it slightly out of focus.

The thing in the pictures is not the BKS, if there exists such a thing.

It could have been moved from moon orbit to earth orbit. How parsimonious is that for you?

Speculation based on what fact?
The fact that you desire it to be the BKS?

book

Try to think outside the book.

I'm trying to think.

I can think of a number of hypotheses to explain the observation, frex:
- An alien Bracewell probe stops by to take look at the Orbiter.
- A piece of crumpled thermal foil wandered out of the Orbiter's cargo bay and hangs around.
Both observations are consistent with the available data.
The second one has the advantage of us not having to postulate an unknown entity (we do know that space debris exists) and being considerably more probable.
book

could be project prometheus.
it has the shape.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32620901

Don't confuse Hollywood pulp movies with reality.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32129936

Most all Hollywood movies are "designer leaks" and are admissions of what the elite have in store for us.
 Quoting: Miss Kitty

Really?
So what's it gonna be, the USS Enterprise or the Nostromo?

Considering that most Hollywood space ships make no engineering sense even in context that is a rather funny assertion.
book

book

You are full of shit
 Quoting: German Moran 31493116

Such a well reasoned and eloquent rebuttal.
:Nelsonhaha49823:
book

"The use of a subterranean shaft and nuclear device to propel an object to escape velocity has since been termed a "thunder well"."
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25781251

Which is the most awesome idea ever.
A single launch would get you construction material for a 100 ISSes into orbit, plus fuel for many a trips to anywhere in the solar system.
book
Reaching for the sky makes you taller.

Hi! My name is Halcyon Dayz and I'm addicted to morans.
grimloche

User ID: 32652543
United States
01/21/2013 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
The pictures would lead me to believe it was designed just because of the angles and those rudder flap things. So that rules out a piece of rock for me. On the other hand the design of it doesn't really seem to match up with the kinds of things we're building. All the pieces that get ejected into space are usually rounded shells of metal right? I've never seen a huge deformed chunk come off of a space ship. Granted I probably haven't watched every launch but even so, I don't know where on a rocket something like that would be attached.

It also looks like a different object in every picture. No two sides are alike.

I have no idea what it is. The idea I liked the most on this thread though, is that it's an ancient device to monitor or protect the earth. That's not really a stretch for my belief system. The idea that in this massive universe, someone took interest in earth and wanted to help or watch it but had other things going on doesn't sound far fetched at all.

Someone quoted a verse somewhere in this thread. Something about a guardian of the earth being activated by a blast from the sun. With all the recent solar activity covered extensively on glp, that doesn't sound ridiculous.

based on these: [link to i.imgur.com]

Last Edited by grimloche on 01/21/2013 11:39 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32129936
Netherlands
01/21/2013 10:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
You don't like parsimony?
It's a very useful intellectual tool.

It's a typical fallacy of the quasi-intellectual scientist who prefers easy and simplistic answers to complicated matters.

Inventing unnecessary entities is logical now?
Why do you feel the need to insult every single scientist ever?

The whole point of parsimony is not to make things more complicated than the data shows.
It is an intellectual power tool because much more often than not it does gets you useful results.

I don't insult every scientist ever, surely there are a lot of great ones. What I do is looking through the fallacies of many scientists who pretend to be intellectual. Ppl who claim authority and think their subjective truth is the only right one.

For sure parsimony is a useful tool for simple scientific matters, not so for unexplained complicated matters, IMO.

I do regard myself as a sceptic, and a real sceptic is open minded, and doesn't fall for fallacies. Every subject and situation need it's own unique approach.

I think it's rather small and close to the camera.

On what grounds?

Rhetorical remark, nobody knows.

What we do know is that it is between the orbiter and Earth and that a 75 mm lens set to infinity shows it slightly out of focus.

Agreed. Without good reference points it remains debatable what size it might be, and how far it is away.

The thing in the pictures is not the BKS, if there exists such a thing.

It could have been moved from moon orbit to earth orbit. How parsimonious is that for you?

Speculation based on what fact?
The fact that you desire it to be the BKS?

Sarcasm. I might have been too vague. I have never stated in this thread it was the BKS. It has been claimed the BKS did originally orbit the moon.

book

Try to think outside the book.

I'm trying to think.

I can think of a number of hypotheses to explain the observation, frex:
- An alien Bracewell probe stops by to take look at the Orbiter.
- A piece of crumpled thermal foil wandered out of the Orbiter's cargo bay and hangs around.
Both observations are consistent with the available data.
The second one has the advantage of us not having to postulate an unknown entity (we do know that space debris exists) and being considerably more probable.
book

Kudos, although it doesn't resemble crumpled thermal foil. Still, you have a good point it could be something from the Orbiter, but why doesn't NASA state and explain this?

In 2009 I mailed them about this object, not suggesting anything, but I didn't get a reply. According to NASA labeling it space debris does suffice I guess...

PS: what does FCD mean in your username?
winsoar

User ID: 32725881
United Kingdom
01/21/2013 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
space derelict, the remains of an Air Force Discoverer satellite that had gone astray

[link to www.thelivingmoon.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30960620

That just happened to drop into a perfect stationary polar orbit...

That's about as likely as a 747 falling out of the sky, exploding, and then falling back into perfect reassembly...
 Quoting: Saddletramp

Isn't it much larger?
Self employed internet marketing consultant from Nottingham, England. I love driving, holidays, eating out, cups of tea, fish and chips, self improvement.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23330740
United States
01/21/2013 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is what I heard from uncle,
Yes it is still up there, still transmitting, but the origin is known, it was launched by the UK. The rocket was a black Arrow, a development of the Black Knight, the Satellite is called Prospero.
There you have it uncles always right.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19484581
United Kingdom
01/21/2013 12:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is there an offical explination for what this is?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28861613

did u notice the round discs bottom right of the planets
surface the one that is above the other is very intresting
what do u think it looks man made to me

GLP