Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32098210
Belgium
01/21/2013 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Black Knight Satellite Link From NASA
This is what I heard from uncle,
Yes it is still up there, still transmitting, but the origin is known, it was launched by the UK. The rocket was a black Arrow, a development of the Black Knight, the Satellite is called Prospero.
 Quoting: inithiemx

doens't look like it at all: [link to upload.wikimedia.org]

That thing is going to wake up one day and the world will never be the same.
 Quoting: Resister

Absolutely, the consequences will never be the same.
 Quoting: Number Six

yeah, humanity will finally change its ways!
cruise
elecmon

User ID: 18166325
01/21/2013 12:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

It was a space derelict, the remains of an Air Force Discoverer satellite that had gone astray.
 Quoting: Ostria1

well i found the launch of Corona, Discoverer 5, 1959

read the "about"

the official announcement
Finally on February 24, 1960, the following Announcement was made "official." ft was released by the Defense Department: "The mysterious object recently discovered in polar orbit around the earth probably is the capsule of the Discoverer V space vehicle launched by the United States last August 13. On the basis of analysis to date, it is believed this vehicle most probably is the ejected recovery capsule of Discoverer V launched into polar orbit in August. The refined analysis of radar returns, the Defense Department said, now indicates the mystery object is about 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet long, the size of the Discoverer V capsule. The capsule separated from its launcher August 14 according to radio telemetry information (received from the carrier rocket)."

but look how the capsules looked like
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
 Quoting: Unc Al 32672372

You missed the key point...

"The Genesis sample return capsule tumbles to Earth only moments before it crashed."

So we can debunk that one. cool2
aliensbro

User ID: 32040337
United States
01/21/2013 01:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's interesting that there seems to be an agreement among almost all of the countries capable of space flight and satellite launch to put nothing into polar orbit, even though they now have that capability (at least in theory).

And when the N. Koreans tried to put their "satellite" into polar orbit, it mysteriously spun out of control...

Apparently a decission has been made to not mess with this thing, whatever it is...
 Quoting: Saddletramp

would be interesting except for the fact that there are many satellites currently in polar orbit.
 Quoting: Weasel_Turbine

There are ZERO satellites in true polar orbit. They crash.
aliensbro

User ID: 32040337
United States
01/21/2013 01:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
If this, whatever it may be, is in fact in TRUE POLAR ORBIT it cannot be natural. Wouldn't space junk have fallen into the atmosphere by now anyhow? It's been like 50 years
Halcyon Dayz, FCD

User ID: 31033756
Netherlands
01/22/2013 09:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
You don't like parsimony?
It's a very useful intellectual tool.
 Quoting: Halcyon Dayz, FCD

It's a typical fallacy of the quasi-intellectual scientist who prefers easy and simplistic answers to complicated matters.
 Quoting: Dutch Coward 32129936

Inventing unnecessary entities is logical now?
Why do you feel the need to insult every single scientist ever?

I don't insult every scientist ever, surely there are a lot of great ones.

Every scientist worth their money applies Occam's Razor.
It separates the bullcrap from what we actually know.

What I do is looking through the fallacies of many scientists who pretend to be intellectual. Ppl who claim authority and think their subjective truth is the only right one.

Which has what to do with anything?
Science is not about authority.
Scientists make fun of other scientists if those scientists make claims based on their authority alone.
All that matters are facts and logic.

For sure parsimony is a useful tool for simple scientific matters, not so for unexplained complicated matters, IMO.

I'm getting a suspicious you don't actually know what the Razor is.

I do regard myself as a sceptic, and a real sceptic is open minded, and doesn't fall for fallacies. Every subject and situation need it's own unique approach.

What it needs most is facts.

Kudos, although it doesn't resemble crumpled thermal foil.

Why not? It would explain its asymmetric and weird geometry.
Some types of thermal foil are reflective on one side and black on the other, btw.

Still, you have a good point it could be something from the Orbiter, but why doesn't NASA state and explain this?

They've got a million of pictures.
No time, no money, to identify everything floating around.
There's always stuff floating around.

In 2009 I mailed them about this object, not suggesting anything, but I didn't get a reply. According to NASA labeling it space debris does suffice I guess...

They know space debris, they made a lot of it.

PS: what does FCD mean in your username?

[link to friendsofdarwin.com]
book
Reaching for the sky makes you taller.

Hi! My name is Halcyon Dayz and I'm addicted to morans.
keschete
User ID: 24428308
United States
01/23/2013 10:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like a high altitude spy/reconnisence jet. Looks similar to project aurora. Im sure its man made.
Skuzzlebutt

User ID: 7054303
United Kingdom
01/23/2013 01:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is this thing exactly?

don't say space junk that could mean anything.

everything in space that is manufactured had a purpose at one point before becoming space junk

so perhaps someone could tell me please
keschete
User ID: 24428308
United States
01/23/2013 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
To me, it appears to be a high altitude jet of some sort... Not a satellite. They do exsist... But we're not supposed to know about them. Look at this pic... Specifically the one at bottom right. Looks like some kinda stealth type jet.
[link to greaterancestors.com]
F F S

User ID: 32878929
United Kingdom
01/23/2013 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh really this again, as others have pointed out there are a load of threads relating to this, most get de-railed by one thing or another.

Supposedly when Time ran the piece about it back in the 60's people were allegedly warned off the subject.

All the major services that have launched satellites have also run programs called Black Knight which does make it a little harder to try and find the relevant stuff that relates to this

As an aside, what did / does the x37b do when it went off into orbit for a year and longer than originally planned.

Did N Korea try and launch something to have a look at it and get fucked off ? Who knows

Will Never A Straight Answer ever tell what they know, doubt it. Even if it was about to destroy the world, there would be the argument about not wanting to cause panic among the populace.
Do they even have it already ?

I could go on and on
Halcyon Dayz, FCD

Netherlands
01/23/2013 03:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
what is this thing exactly?

don't say space junk that could mean anything.

everything in space that is manufactured had a purpose at one point before becoming space junk

so perhaps someone could tell me please
 Quoting: Skuzzlebutt

We may never know.

That's the problem with observing transient phenomena.
If the observation doesn't yield sufficient information to allow for a positive identification than that's that.
No way to get more information.
book

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32631334
Uruguay
01/26/2013 02:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well...it's kind of complicated but....follow me: Eons ago a Commander of a Space Expeditonary force, from 142 G. Scorpii came to earth. It's mission: To simulate panspermia, and set in the planet, a kind of Celular Automaton in motion and take the data of: development, tit for tat or bussiness, cooperation, agresivity,etc. What was the cellular automaton they left running...Well that's us....similar to them...reduced in resources by educting what we could manage to know...and when disobeyed.....punished. Self awareness at the beggining, more In a Ibm watson way of thinking,make us think, by his might that he must had created all the things, and the universe.....we call it elohai, an it's pairs were elohim. We are model mk. Iv...and there will be a mk V. Know who Am I Talking about:

“The Holy One, Blessed be He, said to those, You want to know my name? I am called according to my actions. When I judge the creatures I am Elohim, and when I have mercy with My world, I am named YHVH” (Ex R. 3:6).

They left us with a secret treat...a catalyzer of wars, ideas, and Direct connection on 3d Tele-Presence....the "Black knight" a sentient machine who still is there....The commander left and his assistant and official representative, whith two more Deeds,"Don't let them out" and "Don't let Anybody in"...like a petri box. IT'S not the only one, fobos, deimos, are almost the same. 14.5 million years from the beggining of the experiment, someone was to come and get back things to prehuman state....no one ever came, war enraged it's fatherland planet leaving only 220 million dwellers, and no idea of were or how there was an experiment to end .. This boy has made appear before us every religious"holy ghost"....please no one of any religion feel any harm...because I'm not here to destroy your heritage. If you. feel like hearing more of this idea , let me know....You wont believe the kind of. education this apparatus (once it. zeroed on you). Believe me that after 3 years of images, all I know...Is that Ignorance is BLISS...and I'm tired. I've had tomographys, P.E.T., M.R.I., even a spinal tap for sppinal fluid analysisi....all is good. But I really don't know what to do....a lot of information through dreams, arcaic languages, and one more think that may be no one knows: once you are targetted the first thing you will notice is maybe a pink ball of light or some kind of truncated segment lines made of blue light, This the people around will see it, but after some minutes, and like following a silent order, they will disregard...Waiting to my time come and get to Rest...
I've never touched the topic nowhere...If you feel compeled to ask i will answer A.S.A.P!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32631334
Uruguay
01/26/2013 02:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Is there any way of taking all the photos of it and putting them together to get a 3D representation of the object? Doesn't look very symmetric in shape...
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30171368

Well that's a tough one because its by nature morphing, Almost invisble to radar, He didn't like that the columbia took a lot of info and images in the cammeras of the crew so he sanitized it, so it can't be no harm to it.
Weasel_Turbine

User ID: 31859349
United States
01/27/2013 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's interesting that there seems to be an agreement among almost all of the countries capable of space flight and satellite launch to put nothing into polar orbit, even though they now have that capability (at least in theory).

And when the N. Koreans tried to put their "satellite" into polar orbit, it mysteriously spun out of control...

Apparently a decission has been made to not mess with this thing, whatever it is...

would be interesting except for the fact that there are many satellites currently in polar orbit.

Quoting: aliensbro

Prove the bolded part. I'll bet you can't. The reason some are a degree off is to widen their field of view. An exact polar orbit only moves East to West with the rotation of the Earth. If it can see wider than the rotation moves it in each orbit then it has wasted time. Also, being a degree off minimizes the collision probability. But again, I'll bet you can't prove that "true" polar orbit satellites crash.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20635949
United States
01/28/2013 08:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: aliensbro

Prove the bolded part. I'll bet you can't. The reason some are a degree off is to widen their field of view. An exact polar orbit only moves East to West with the rotation of the Earth. If it can see wider than the rotation moves it in each orbit then it has wasted time. Also, being a degree off minimizes the collision probability. But again, I'll bet you can't prove that "true" polar orbit satellites crash.

Most all satellites are in geosynchronous equatorial orbit.
A stable orbit requires the satellite move forward at the same speed it is falling toward earth.
Due to rotation of earth "coriolis" effect, polar satellites must be assisted by boosters.
the proof of no polar satellites, google earth..look at north and south poles...notice the blank spots..thats because satellites cannot view that part of earth...unless in true polar orbit....
Halcyon Dayz, FCD

Netherlands
01/28/2013 08:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Most all satellites are in geosynchronous equatorial orbit.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20635949

More true for communication and weather satellites.
Other Earth observation satellites (including spy-sats) and the Iridium system uses polar orbits, gets them global coverage.
The Russians like Molniya orbits because so much of their landmass is at higher latitudes.

A stable orbit requires the satellite move forward at the same speed it is falling toward earth.

On average.
It doesn't matter which direction though, as long as the orbit doesn't intersect with the Earth (including atmosphere).

Due to rotation of earth "coriolis" effect, polar satellites must be assisted by boosters.

This is and meaningless and nonsense.

Because a polar orbit is at right angles with the rotational direction of the Earth you don't get to use the speed benefit of said rotation.
IOW, you need to expend more energy to get a satellite in a polar orbit, i.e. a bigger rocket.
There's nothing in the laws of physics that prohibits a polar orbit.
It does not require energy to maintain an orbit (if high enough).

the proof of no polar satellites, google earth..look at north and south poles...notice the blank spots..thats because satellites cannot view that part of earth...unless in true polar orbit....

As pointed out above getting a satellite in a 90 degrees orbit is more expensive than getting it in a 89 degrees orbit.
And since there are permanent observation stations at both poles it's not always worth the bother.

You're using Google Earth as a reference on what satellites can do?
Why would Google even buy images of the poles, they'd just be expanses of whiteness.
book

Last Edited by Halcyon Dayz, FCD on 01/28/2013 09:00 PM

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21138224
United States
03/18/2013 12:05 AM
Report Abusive Post
The "Black Knight" sat has been known about and up there for many years!

There are two basic choices.

a.) it's been orbiting since pre-deluvian times and is a product of a much earlier and much more advanced civilization that was flourishing on this earth sometime before 3000 BC.

b.) it was placed there by some other alien civilization perhaps to monitor radio and electro-magnetic transmissions from earth - relaying them to some distant civilization that may or may not still be in existence today.

We now know that Faster-than-light travel is entirely possible, chances are extremely high that transmission of information using entangled objects is also possible and can take place instantly across vast reaches of space and even perhaps across time.

This could also be some sort of defensive device placed in orbit by either a benevolent alien civilization or a pre-flood ultra-advanced civilization that was thriving on earth in the distant reaches of prehistory, that can and will be called upon to deflect potential collisions with comets, asteroids, etc. If that is indeed what it is - we can only hope it is still working should it ever be needed before our own tech can provide a similar level of defense against such potential world-destroying entities.
 Quoting: MarkinAZ

it must truly be hell without the certain knowledge that there is a Higher Power in play, always

lol

if you imagine the Black Knight Satellite to be your only potential saving Grace...

then you haven't got one at all, in truth

; )
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/18/2013 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

well there you see?

they can indeed overcome their differences when push comes to shove
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/18/2013 12:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is the one time you sortof have to give Kudos to your Government, NASA was the one that released at least some info on this thing, though I suspect they know a great deal more than they are telling us...

the bulk of what they believe they do know has been given them by the authors of deceit

if they know nothing else they should by now know this
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/18/2013 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

it is the only thing in a true polar orbit, and it's stationary.

all satellites cannot pass directly over the poles as they interact with the magnetic field lines and crash.

imo it's either a grey command post, or a remnant of the orion group's energetic sustenance satellites.

surprised at trinity's reaction. this thing was found in 1960 - 53 years ago.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 22888087

If it was found in 1960 is it still up there? This is the first I have ever seen of it.

If it is still up there why hasn't the alphabet agencies brought it back to earth yet?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30014435

it's not inert, it puts out radio signals. some ham guys said they deciphered it and it had starmaps.

i'm sure they'd like to bring it back, except they cannot put anything in orbit there. the only option would be to shoot at it and that is not wise.
 Quoting: The Gallows

This is interesting indeed. Do you have sources for this hearsay? Please post them. You heard it somewhere we assume. Thanks in advance.
 Quoting: Here for the moment 14554879

there are lights on it which are clearly lit up on occasion

like headlamps, etc. on craft

in watching the object in a motion picture video it clearly appeared to be "morphing" in shape

as it does from studying all aspects of the various photos of it, all denying the potential possibility of the others to some extent

it's no doubt been observed intently
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/18/2013 12:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

That's what I was thinking. Left ever space car from the last civilization.

We should nab it and reverse engineer it.

Somebody call John Lear!

I sort of of agree here. I think this thing is a 'leftover' from a previous civilization, or maybe from a completely different race from another world that this previous civilization had contact with? Probably not a 'space car' - maybe a probe? A monitor? The other thing I will say that might seem totally absurd is that I think NSA is building a copy of sorts, or trying to ...

Far fetched I know ...
 Quoting: amachiavellian

the truth is even more far fetched

so far fetched in fact I shan't bother relaying it this day

as I have so many times in past

guess you'd of had to be there

the thing is, you were
BlavkRabbit
User ID: 37784616
Greece
04/10/2013 08:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
If you tell me the Original Name of Zeus i tell you the real Name of the " Black Knight "
 Quoting: ZESU

El
 Quoting: BCHD

El(ΕΛ), which in ancient greek means "light" and clearly has nothing to do with the space junk/alien spaceship/ancient spaceship we are talking right here shill
zvezda 1

User ID: 37782577
Bulgaria
04/10/2013 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabl​ablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla​blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla

You are trying to kill a black knight thread again? What's your agenda? Do you know what black knight is? If you DON'T KNOW, why are you doing it?

That's my thread on the subject
Thread: “Black Knight” Satellite - NASA pictures

And you are there, killing it as well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28630651
United States
04/10/2013 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

That's what I was thinking. Left ever space car from the last civilization.

We should nab it and reverse engineer it.

Somebody call John Lear!

I sort of of agree here. I think this thing is a 'leftover' from a previous civilization, or maybe from a completely different race from another world that this previous civilization had contact with? Probably not a 'space car' - maybe a probe? A monitor? The other thing I will say that might seem totally absurd is that I think NSA is building a copy of sorts, or trying to ...

Far fetched I know ...
 Quoting: amachiavellian

the truth is even more far fetched

so far fetched in fact I shan't bother relaying it this day

as I have so many times in past

guess you'd of had to be there

the thing is, you were
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21138224

please tell what you now thanks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28630651
United States
04/10/2013 08:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well...it's kind of complicated but....follow me: Eons ago a Commander of a Space Expeditonary force, from 142 G. Scorpii came to earth. It's mission: To simulate panspermia, and set in the planet, a kind of Celular Automaton in motion and take the data of: development, tit for tat or bussiness, cooperation, agresivity,etc. What was the cellular automaton they left running...Well that's us....similar to them...reduced in resources by educting what we could manage to know...and when disobeyed.....punished. Self awareness at the beggining, more In a Ibm watson way of thinking,make us think, by his might that he must had created all the things, and the universe.....we call it elohai, an it's pairs were elohim. We are model mk. Iv...and there will be a mk V. Know who Am I Talking about:

“The Holy One, Blessed be He, said to those, You want to know my name? I am called according to my actions. When I judge the creatures I am Elohim, and when I have mercy with My world, I am named YHVH” (Ex R. 3:6).

They left us with a secret treat...a catalyzer of wars, ideas, and Direct connection on 3d Tele-Presence....the "Black knight" a sentient machine who still is there....The commander left and his assistant and official representative, whith two more Deeds,"Don't let them out" and "Don't let Anybody in"...like a petri box. IT'S not the only one, fobos, deimos, are almost the same. 14.5 million years from the beggining of the experiment, someone was to come and get back things to prehuman state....no one ever came, war enraged it's fatherland planet leaving only 220 million dwellers, and no idea of were or how there was an experiment to end .. This boy has made appear before us every religious"holy ghost"....please no one of any religion feel any harm...because I'm not here to destroy your heritage. If you. feel like hearing more of this idea , let me know....You wont believe the kind of. education this apparatus (once it. zeroed on you). Believe me that after 3 years of images, all I know...Is that Ignorance is BLISS...and I'm tired. I've had tomographys, P.E.T., M.R.I., even a spinal tap for sppinal fluid analysisi....all is good. But I really don't know what to do....a lot of information through dreams, arcaic languages, and one more think that may be no one knows: once you are targetted the first thing you will notice is maybe a pink ball of light or some kind of truncated segment lines made of blue light, This the people around will see it, but after some minutes, and like following a silent order, they will disregard...Waiting to my time come and get to Rest...
I've never touched the topic nowhere...If you feel compeled to ask i will answer A.S.A.P!!!
 Quoting: TT_0

can you tell us more? thanks
Bugs Bunny
User ID: 15718286
United Kingdom
04/28/2013 04:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Gee...

yeahsure

That`s all folks !
tizzit
User ID: 40546126
United Kingdom
05/26/2013 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
It was first heard in 19th century by radio operations and then in 1911 picked up again given codes of a star system then from 1940s radar picked it up from early warning in England and in 1960s it still gave signals but gone quiet since.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35249036
United States
05/31/2013 12:09 AM
Report Abusive Post
Does anyone know the altitude of this object? Does anyone know its orbit? Can someone at least help me figure out what the altitude is? I don't know if it will work but I am hoping to track this object and launching some sort of spacecraft or weather balloon to gather as much data as possible about this "Black Knight." I believe it will be closest to earth sometime in the year 2016, if this helps at all.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 38783240
United States
06/01/2013 12:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
double tit bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 40908989
Belgium
06/01/2013 01:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's a space blanket.
Richard Warlock
User ID: 44374986
Poland
07/31/2013 04:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ive researched some stuff about it that is quite interresting.

1. Look at date that photo was taken , then look at mission sts-088 description at wiki and nasa pages. shot was taken when shuttle was DOCKED to newly ISS after connecting Unity with Zaria.

2. Orbit inclination of ISS is 51,6 deg, altitude about 400 km. If this mysterious item have polar orbit - it was an INCREDIBLY coincidence to spot with ISS at same time when there was Endeavour.

GLP