Lakes.
Buck Zander

User ID: 26745463
Canada
01/20/2013 06:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Black Knight Satellite Link From NASA
1. How did the name Black Knight stick? Obviously it is black.
 Quoting: The Sonic Dreamer

1. Back in historical times a 'black knight' was a knight without allegiance to an existing order of knights. it means a knight with no master.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 27963234

Did not know that. Thanks.
There must be a law that people can't lie.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14117105
United States
01/20/2013 06:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Were fucked!
elecmon

User ID: 22717772
01/20/2013 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thanks OP
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32648015
United States
01/20/2013 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Any one Realize that this body in the back round does not look like Earth.. Any thoughts on that, pic is obviously upside down, or the body is flat, with some weird cloud features. And there is no Oceans. Any thoughts on this..
 Quoting: Mindgamez

Hilarious!

The Earth is round, but you can tell the pic is upside down! Priceless…
lmao

The average IQ on GLP is "obviously" very low…

lolatu
Smith Jefferys

User ID: 15628045
United Kingdom
01/20/2013 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
.... and so it begins.

This is it folks; this is really it!
Weasel_Turbine

User ID: 31859349
United States
01/20/2013 06:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's interesting that there seems to be an agreement among almost all of the countries capable of space flight and satellite launch to put nothing into polar orbit, even though they now have that capability (at least in theory).

And when the N. Koreans tried to put their "satellite" into polar orbit, it mysteriously spun out of control...

Apparently a decission has been made to not mess with this thing, whatever it is...
 Quoting: Saddletramp

would be interesting except for the fact that there are many satellites currently in polar orbit.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law
l3ol3o

User ID: 10729761
United States
01/20/2013 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wow I'm not sure how I've never heard of this before.

Why isn't this talked about more? Some foreign object in a polar orbit? If this isn't evidence of another type of civilization, whether it's alien or human, I don't know what is.
Ayatollah Khomeini:
“Islam makes it incumbent on all adult males, provided they are not disabled and incapacitated, to prepare themselves for the conquest of [other] countries so that the writ of Islam is obeyed in every country in the world. But those who study Islamic Holy War will understand why Islam wants to conquer the whole world…. Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those [who say this] are witless. Islam says: Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured by [the unbelievers]? Islam says: Kill them [the non-Muslims], put them to the sword and scatter [their armies]. Does this mean sitting back until [non-Muslims] overcome us? Islam says: Kill in the service of Allah those who may want to kill you! Does this mean that we should surrender to the enemy? Islam says: Whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword and in the shadow of the sword! People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! The sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for Holy Warriors! There are hundreds of other [Koranic] verses and Hadiths [sayings of the Prophet] urging Muslims to value war and to fight. Does all that mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim.”
Unc Al
User ID: 32672372
United States
01/20/2013 06:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
ok I found two articles from 1960 (you need to pay to view them i think)

One from NY Times
Article Preview

A Mystery Polar Satellite, Believed Russian, Spotted; POLAR SATELLITE DETECTED BY D. S.
By JOHN W. FINNEYSpecial to The New York Times. ();
February 11, 1960,
, Section , Page 1, Column , words

WASHINGTON, Feb. 10 -- An unidentified, silent satellite has been discovered circling the earth in a near-polar orbit by United States tracking stations, the Defense Department said today. The identity and origin of the mystery satellite -- which has been dubbed "the dark satellite" are not known despite nearly two weeks of tracking

[link to select.nytimes.com]

One a bit later from Time Magazine
Science: Space Watch's First Catch

Monday, Mar. 07, 1960

But last week the Department of Defense proudly announced that the satellite had been identified. It was a space derelict, the remains of an Air Force Discoverer satellite that had gone astray.
Read more: [link to www.time.com]

the whole article is here
[link to furiousfanboys.com]

They say it was corona - discoverer V

9002 Discoverer 5 13 Aug 1959
Mission failed. Power supply failure. No recovery.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

scratching
 Quoting: Ostria1

Case closed then.
Jasper

User ID: 32648344
United Kingdom
01/20/2013 06:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
space junk

[link to eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov]
:killerglp2:
World_TV_Watcher

User ID: 1472892
Israel
01/20/2013 06:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
Object seems to be too big to be junk, and the images with the lights doesn't look like debris
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27963234
United States
01/20/2013 06:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
space junk with lights glowing on it?

i don't think so
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27787049
United States
01/20/2013 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
The "Black Knight" sat has been known about and up there for many years!

There are two basic choices.

a.) it's been orbiting since pre-deluvian times and is a product of a much earlier and much more advanced civilization that was flourishing on this earth sometime before 3000 BC.

b.) it was placed there by some other alien civilization perhaps to monitor radio and electro-magnetic transmissions from earth - relaying them to some distant civilization that may or may not still be in existence today.

We now know that Faster-than-light travel is entirely possible, chances are extremely high that transmission of information using entangled objects is also possible and can take place instantly across vast reaches of space and even perhaps across time.

This could also be some sort of defensive device placed in orbit by either a benevolent alien civilization or a pre-flood ultra-advanced civilization that was thriving on earth in the distant reaches of prehistory, that can and will be called upon to deflect potential collisions with comets, asteroids, etc. If that is indeed what it is - we can only hope it is still working should it ever be needed before our own tech can provide a similar level of defense against such potential world-destroying entities.
 Quoting: MarkinAZ

I just hope the civilization that sent it to Earth didn't grant the construction contract to the lowest bidder
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32640512
Germany
01/20/2013 06:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THAT NOT EVEN LOOK LIKE EARTH IN ALL THOSE PICTURES???
 Quoting: Dr. Charles Norris

Point!
Jasper

United Kingdom
01/20/2013 06:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

i don't think so

Personally i would love it to be an ancient orbiting alien space craft of some kind................

jury is out.......
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29732086
Ireland
01/20/2013 06:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's the Bat Mobile!

cruise
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32129936
Netherlands
01/20/2013 06:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

i don't think so

[astronut mode]those aren't lights, they are reflections from the sun[/astronut mode]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21291600
United States
01/20/2013 06:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
excerpt:

"And I said to the angel, What is this bird? And he said to me, This is the guardian of the earth. And I said, Lord, how is he the guardian of the earth? Teach me. And the angel said to me, This bird flies alongside of the sun, and expanding his wings receives its fiery rays. For if he were not receiving them, the human race would not be preserved, nor any other living creature. But God appointed this bird thereto. And he expanded his wings, and I saw on his right wing very large letters, as large as the space of a threshing-floor, the size of about four thousand modii; and the letters were of gold. And the angel said to me, Read them. And I read, and they ran thus: Neither earth nor heaven bring me forth, but wings of fire bring me forth. And I said, Lord, what is this bird, and what is his name? And the angel said to me, His name is called Phoenix. (And I said), And what does he eat ? And he said to me, The manna of heaven and the dew of earth."

Modi is a type of lettering:

Thread: Baruch, Jeremiah's scribe wrote an interesting end-time prophetic work re: sun-powered UFO/Solar Sail
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30857551
Australia
01/20/2013 06:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Add some lines and a few decals, and it makes perfect sense.

- just not 1960's sense.....

:Lear Black Knigh:

[this if from Lear's thread, so I dont think he'll mind]

Trapped in a time bubble? Sent back from the distant future accidentally, or on purpose?

I've even read that they sent it back from the future to help ol' NAZA beat the Russians, when it looked like the US was gonna lose.

So that's how they did it!

Bares a striking resemblance to the Rutan/Virgin Galactic Space Ship 2.
IceJunkie

User ID: 21160554
Canada
01/20/2013 07:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wtf? You guys believe this shit? Looks like someone copy and pasted it. I never believe any space vids because theyre so easy to fake but common!!! THIS IS JUST A BAD JOB! Even if it was real and nasa got rid of the video, how did this youtuber get ahold of it? Did he hack into nasa? Use your brain people, this is why people have been saying GLP has been so outrageous and filled with crazy conspiracy theorists who look for anything. And dont you dare call me a shill or whatever i love reading and hearing new things but this is not real!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Ostria1

User ID: 29325791
Greece
01/20/2013 07:03 PM

Report Abusive Post

It was a space derelict, the remains of an Air Force Discoverer satellite that had gone astray.

well i found the launch of Corona, Discoverer 5, 1959

read the "about"

the official announcement
Finally on February 24, 1960, the following Announcement was made "official." ft was released by the Defense Department: "The mysterious object recently discovered in polar orbit around the earth probably is the capsule of the Discoverer V space vehicle launched by the United States last August 13. On the basis of analysis to date, it is believed this vehicle most probably is the ejected recovery capsule of Discoverer V launched into polar orbit in August. The refined analysis of radar returns, the Defense Department said, now indicates the mystery object is about 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet long, the size of the Discoverer V capsule. The capsule separated from its launcher August 14 according to radio telemetry information (received from the carrier rocket)."

but look how the capsules looked like
Ostria
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32679011
New Zealand
01/20/2013 07:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
No definately extraterrestrial, possibly to monitor the health of the planet, possibly to monitor us. Small chance its a comms satelite for imner earth.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32676607
Germany
01/20/2013 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
The Black Knight could be some kind of ancient alien von Neumann probe...

[link to en.m.wikipedia.org]
Lead
User ID: 32671255
United States
01/20/2013 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

i don't think so

Personally i would love it to be an ancient orbiting alien space craft of some kind................

jury is out.......
 Quoting: Jasper

No, the jury is not out. NASA said it is orbital debris and it's quite obvious in the pictures at different angles. People love to get attention by every so often popping up on one of these forums, giving it a misleading title and enjoying all the dazzled people who haven't seen the pics before. With the posting of the video of the really bad wax face as a frozen alien on the moon this thread has gone full retard.
Dr. Charles Norris

User ID: 32667646
United States
01/20/2013 07:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
No definately extraterrestrial, possibly to monitor the health of the planet, possibly to monitor us. Small chance its a comms satelite for imner earth.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32679011

[link to i49.tinypic.com]
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
01/20/2013 07:12 PM
Report Abusive Post

It was a space derelict, the remains of an Air Force Discoverer satellite that had gone astray.

well i found the launch of Corona, Discoverer 5, 1959

read the "about"

the official announcement
Finally on February 24, 1960, the following Announcement was made "official." ft was released by the Defense Department: "The mysterious object recently discovered in polar orbit around the earth probably is the capsule of the Discoverer V space vehicle launched by the United States last August 13. On the basis of analysis to date, it is believed this vehicle most probably is the ejected recovery capsule of Discoverer V launched into polar orbit in August. The refined analysis of radar returns, the Defense Department said, now indicates the mystery object is about 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet long, the size of the Discoverer V capsule. The capsule separated from its launcher August 14 according to radio telemetry information (received from the carrier rocket)."

but look how the capsules looked like
 Quoting: Unc Al 32672372

Nice.

It doesn't resemble the capsule, therefore an ill attempt to cover up. Do they think we are that easily deceited?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32550239
Canada
Report Abusive Post
its this
Jasper

United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post

i don't think so

jury is out.......

No, the jury is not out. NASA said it is orbital debris and it's quite obvious in the pictures at different angles. People love to get attention by every so often popping up on one of these forums, giving it a misleading title and enjoying all the dazzled people who haven't seen the pics before. With the posting of the video of the really bad wax face as a frozen alien on the moon this thread has gone full retard.
 Quoting: Lead 32671255

Refer to my earlier post

watcher6342

User ID: 18766069
United States
01/20/2013 07:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
does anyone know the name to the music on the dumpert video?
Anonymous Coward
Netherlands
01/20/2013 07:14 PM
Report Abusive Post

i don't think so

jury is out.......

Quoting: Lead 32671255

Refer to my earlier post

That's a fallacy and you know it.

GLP