Abortion is murder. Period.

Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 30307430
United States
01/21/2013 06:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Abortion is murder. Period.
I'm against abortion, but there are exceptions.

A neighbor of mine, was pregnant. The unborn child was heavily disabled. She aborted, I know it has been a hard decision for her, but it was the right decision.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32679658

This is a very complex spiritual issue. At the time of the Bible, at least the latest parts written, many miscarriages happened by poor nutrition, disease, age of the mother, no doctor or midwife available etc. Realize that a lot of miscarriage happen all the time, but women don't realize they were pregnant.

Now, we can save all kinds of babies with terrible birth defects. Some really so graphic, I won't include the pictures, but they can't have any quality of life whatso ever. In the hospital, the parents often abandon them, by not coming back and then choosing to institutionalize them. It's horrifically cruel.

Should we ethically save those babies? I don't know. They wouldn't have survived in New Testament times, so they didn't have those concerns. We do.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

---
"Life unworthy of life"
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32478420
United Kingdom
01/21/2013 07:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Abortion after a certain period of time is bad i agree. But for young girls who are raped and made pregnant deserve the right to abort the fetus of a rapist.

You cant go round saying victims must have a rapists baby, thats no better than raping a girl yourself, that IMHO is another form of tyranny.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21275167

You are very well aware that the overwhelming majority of aborted babies are not result of a rape, aren't you?
 Quoting: Abyss Lady

Yes but pro-choice people like that will use anything to justify abortion,but 99% of pro lifers agree with abortion during certain circumstance's,like rape or a danger to the mothers life,but abortion is not a form of birth control,its not there for convenience,a women has the choice to have sex or not 99% of the time,she knows that having sex could make a baby,nothing is 100% safe,so why does a women get too have a second choice after she made her first choice ?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32679658
Belgium
01/21/2013 07:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

A neighbor of mine, was pregnant. The unborn child was heavily disabled. She aborted, I know it has been a hard decision for her, but it was the right decision.

Why? Because some life is more valuable than other life?
---
Nazi eugenics
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30307430

YOU have no right to make that decision. It was her and her husband's decision and I respect that.

If you'd be pregnant of a disabled child and you wanna keep it, it is YOUR decision and I would respect that as well.
Abyss Lady

User ID: 1274632
Latvia
01/21/2013 07:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
If women are happy to support a cabal of blood sacrifice. Thats their problem. They will pay for it. Karma heavy punishment. In the bible god declared war on baby killers.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31082534

That's also another aspect. The heavy bloodsacrifice and various forms of emotional trauma is necessary to siphon energy for opening demonic portals on broad scale to execute the upcoming Alien Deception, various other forms of demonic manifestations, and rise of the Antichrist.
The Wrath is going to be Endless
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/21/2013 07:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

This is a very complex spiritual issue. At the time of the Bible, at least the latest parts written, many miscarriages happened by poor nutrition, disease, age of the mother, no doctor or midwife available etc. Realize that a lot of miscarriage happen all the time, but women don't realize they were pregnant.

Now, we can save all kinds of babies with terrible birth defects. Some really so graphic, I won't include the pictures, but they can't have any quality of life whatso ever. In the hospital, the parents often abandon them, by not coming back and then choosing to institutionalize them. It's horrifically cruel.

Should we ethically save those babies? I don't know. They wouldn't have survived in New Testament times, so they didn't have those concerns. We do.

---
"Life unworthy of life"

Yeah believe me, I know all about it. I can't personally abort a child. I would always try to help people not to abort a child. I'm not disagreeing with you.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/21/2013 07:05 AM
Report Abusive Post

---
Nazi eugenics

YOU have no right to make that decision. It was her and her husband's decision and I respect that.

If you'd be pregnant of a disabled child and you wanna keep it, it is YOUR decision and I would respect that as well.

I'm not making a decision for anyone. I am stating the truth as I understand it. Abortions will occur weather or not the law condones them. Regardless of legality, it is a choice that is made by an individual. And we all, including me, will give an account before God for choices.

In my opinion, that child had something to offer the world.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 07:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
We can't put the Genie back in the bottle. As we discover more and more, then early detection of birth defects will happen. Some people will elect to have an abortion.

We can't do much to save those children. In many cases those children will die regardless because they're medically fragile.

We can help the parents later who are not believers. Believe me, even after being baptised and spending two decades in the Church and devoted, they will continue to be wracked over an earlier decision.

Good safe birth control will help a whole lot.

In medicine, a major issue is that women don't know they're pregnant. They're not eating right, get exposed to mutagens that cause birth defects. If we can do early detection, prevent mutagenic effects, we can cut down on birth defects and help prevent abortions.

This is why it's complex. Just saying it's murder helps no one.

Instead of fighting for pro-choice and pro-life sides, Christians could help by creating a dialogue, helping jail rapists for LIFE. Jail child abusers for LIFE. Create better birth control. Prevent birth defects. Better pregnancy tests.

Even as horrific as abortion is find a humane way to do it and ban horrific means as are currently used and worse criminal ways like partial birth abortions.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/21/2013 07:11 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14899339
United States
01/21/2013 07:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

Right and the problem is the boot heel on the back of humanity that is the federal reserve and their absolutely horrific monetary policy.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/21/2013 07:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

---
Nazi eugenics

I'm not making a decision for anyone. I am stating the truth as I understand it. Abortions will occur weather or not the law condones them. Regardless of legality, it is a choice that is made by an individual. And we all, including me, will give an account before God for choices.

And just for the record, I would never judge a woman who told me, after the fact, that she had an abortion. I am in no position to judge anyone.

I would, however, do anything in my power to convince someone that was considering an abortion that it is intrinsically evil and that she should not go through with it.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 07:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

---
Nazi eugenics

And just for the record, I would never judge a woman who told me, after the fact, that she had an abortion. I am in no position to judge anyone.

I would, however, do anything in my power to convince someone that was considering an abortion that it is intrinsically evil and that she should not go through with it.

Christians get a bad rap, but there are many Christians and Christian organizations who will go all out to provide security, food, clothing, education, child care for a pregnant mom if she'll deliver to term. That's the part that people don't hear.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31082534
Australia
01/21/2013 07:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
If women are happy to support a cabal of blood sacrifice. Thats their problem. They will pay for it. Karma heavy punishment. In the bible god declared war on baby killers.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 31082534

That's also another aspect. The heavy bloodsacrifice and various forms of emotional trauma is necessary to siphon energy for opening demonic portals on broad scale to execute the upcoming Alien Deception, various other forms of demonic manifestations, and rise of the Antichrist.
 Quoting: Abyss Lady

Yes that's true.
South east Asia do black magic with baby fetuses. They trap the lost soul of the defenceless unborn baby in a bottle and call its power for accurate advice and help.

A defenceless child is killed the soul is floating. It doesn't know what to do.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 07:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Once, saving a premie was all but impossible. Then we could save 7th month olds. Now that's been pushed back. The babies get smaller and smaller. Who knows how far medicine will go?

I don't think it's a good thing. A lot of these mom's they're 13, 14 and completely unprepared. To keep pushing the premie date earlier and earlier, a lot will probably be really terribly ill and have mental issues and be a cost to society.

That's sound horrific, I know. Should we keep trying to save them all? At four months? When do we draw the line?

It's a complex bioethical question. They're consequences to saving them all. Many would die before.

Here's some statistics. Remember I am pro-life all the way, but you need to understand what you're up against:
[link to www.preemiesurvival.org]

"Definitions

Premature born before 37 weeks
Moderately premature born between 35 and 37 weeks
Very premature born between 29 and 34 weeks
Extremely premature born between 24 and 28 weeks
Low birthweight baby weighs less than 2,500 g (5.5 lbs)
Very low birthweight baby weighs less than 1,500 g (3.0 lbs)
Extremely low birthweight baby weighs less than 1,000 g (2.2 lbs)
Neonatal deaths = within 28 days of birth
Prenatal deaths = stillbirths and deaths occurring within the 1st week of life

Survival Rates

Babies born at 23 weeks have a 17% chance of survival
Babies born at 24 weeks have a 39% chance of survival
Babies born at 25 weeks have a 50% chance of survival
From 32 weeks onwards, most babies are able to survive with the help of medical Technology [EPICure data]

Outcomes

1 in 10 premature babies will develop a permanent disability such as lung disease, cerebral palsy, blindness or deafness.
50% of premature babies born before the 26th week of gestation are disabled, a quarter severely so. (Fowler GA. Preemie problems: the sobering statistics. US News World Reports 2000; vol 129: pp56.)
Of children born before 26 weeks' gestation, results in 241 of the surviving children at six years (early school age) indicate a high level of disability as follows:
22% severe disability (defined as cerebral palsy but not walking, low cognitive scores, blindness, profound deafness)
24% moderate disability (defined as cerebral palsy but walking, IQ/cognitive scores in the special needs range, lesser degree of visual or hearing impairment)
34% mild disability (defined as low IQ/cognitive score, squint, requiring glasses)
20% no problems
"

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/21/2013 07:21 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31082534
Australia
01/21/2013 07:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
They also shouldn't complain if the rest of their life is ruined by it .
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 07:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ways to help lower premie births.
[link to vitals.nbcnews.com]

If we can help the mom's to stay healthier by little things that people don't know, then more babies will go to term and not have birth defects.

Example: dental problems. Strep mutans causes infections. These can cause a premature birth in a pregnant mom.

Smoking and alcohol cessation programs. Making sure all mom's get prenatal vitamins. Not inducing or doing unnecessary Caesarian sections. Early identification of placenta previa.

If we can get mom's healthier, then the baby is healthier. Then less birth defects. Then less abortions.

Any Christian who wants to prevent abortions needs to get involved to do these things. It's complex.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 07:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Folic acid is a vital vitamin for pregnant mom's. The only way to ensure that they're getting it is to fortify food with it, as we do iodine in salt.

Breakfast cereals have folic acid fortification. But a lot of people don't eat it since they don't drink milk. 75 % of African-Americans and 90 % of Asians don't have lactase, an enzyme to break down lactose (milk sugar).

If a mom doesn't have folic acid EARLY, far earlier than she would expect to notice a pregnancy (4-8 weeks), then her baby will have neural tube defects. That means if the baby gets older, the doc will notice the birth defect and will ask about abortion.

We can prevent a lot of these and subsequent abortions. All we have to do is dose foods better.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/21/2013 07:42 AM
Anonymous Coward
Belgium
01/21/2013 07:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

---
Nazi eugenics

These are the type of replies that makes me hate religious people. Who the hell do you think you are to call people evil when they face probably one of the most difficult decisions in their life?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16513628
Canada
01/21/2013 07:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
I don't hate women who have abortions. I hate society.

Poor women.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 07:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
These are the type of replies that makes me hate religious people. Who the hell do you think you are to call people evil when they face probably one of the most difficult decisions in their life?

Don't lump us all together. Let's work together to make the world safer by preventing rape, abuse, improving nutrition, making sure pregnant mom's have health care, access to birth control, etc. Let's find common ground so children are born healthy.

Condeming people is not what Jesus talked about at all. If that comes across, it's not from His words, but from fallible people.

I hope that you consider a balanced approach instead. I hope you never have to make this kind of decision, but have healthy children and can care for a pregnant wife.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/21/2013 07:53 AM
Anonymous Coward
Belgium
01/21/2013 07:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

Don't lump us all together. Let's work together to make the world safer by preventing rape, abuse, improving nutrition, making sure pregnant mom's have health care, access to birth control, etc. Let's find common ground so children are born healthy.

Condeming people is not what Jesus talked about at all. If that comes across, it's not from His words, but from fallible people.

I hope that you consider a balanced approach instead. I hope you never have to make this kind of decision, but have healthy children and can care for a pregnant wife.

Hey I'm all for that. I just have a HUGE problem with people condemning others or even calling them murderers while they should mind their own business.

Luckily I have never been in that position, but I feel for people around me who had to go through this.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/21/2013 08:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

I didn't call anyone evil. I said 'it' (abortion) is an evil act. Is it possible for 'good' people to commit evil acts? Absolutely. We are all guilty.

The good news is, there is no act that one can commit that is so evil that God is not able to forgive us if we will just go to him and ask.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post

I didn't call anyone evil. I said 'it' (abortion) is an evil act. Is it possible for 'good' people to commit evil acts? Absolutely. We are all guilty.

The good news is, there is no act that one can commit that is so evil that God is not able to forgive us if we will just go to him and ask.

Almost right. There's the unforgiveable sin of grieving the Holy Spirit.

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30
Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 1 Thessalonians 5:19
"All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." (Matthew 12:31
Anonymous Coward
Belgium
01/21/2013 08:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

I suggest you don't interfere with people who have to make such a decision.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/21/2013 08:13 AM
Report Abusive Post

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30
"All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men." (Matthew 12:31

Almost right. The unforgivable sin is 'blashphamy' of the Holy Spirit. All believers 'grieve' the Holy Spirit at one time or another.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 08:14 AM
Report Abusive Post

Hey I'm all for that. I just have a HUGE problem with people condemning others or even calling them murderers while they should mind their own business.

Luckily I have never been in that position, but I feel for people around me who had to go through this.

Rational compassionate people, Christian or unbeliever can work together so we help eliminate abortions as much as possible. The way that they happen is horrific, in ways we would be appalled to treat an animal. If we can cut way down on them, then that's half the battle.

Calling people murders is condemning people. I think it's a poor choice of words. The video help explain that Abortion is big business, and it's a terrible one.

Because we can do certain things to make society better, and safer, and more compassionate, then we can get the numbers down. The numbers are huge.
In 2008 (USA) 1.21 million in a population of 307 million. That's too high.

In Belgium there were 18595 abortions in a population of 11 million.

Big difference
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/21/2013 08:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

I suggest you don't interfere with people who have to make such a decision.

If I can possibly save an innocent life, I will most certainly, given the opportunity, attempt to do so.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post

Almost right. The unforgivable sin is 'blashphamy' of the Holy Spirit. All believers 'grieve' the Holy Spirit at one time or another.

You are right. In Matthew, the Greek word is blasphemia
[link to biblesuite.com]
I'm not sure that all believers grieve the Holy Spirit though.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/21/2013 08:20 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32708342
Australia
01/21/2013 08:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
That would indicate that Abortion is Murder, but you would need witnesses.

I think God will be witness enough. It is only complex because you are convoluting the issue as is the fashion these days.

God allows abortion to happen. I'm sorry
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/21/2013 08:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to biblesuite.com]

I will let you study the issue independently.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32718530
United States
01/21/2013 08:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
'Abortion is murder. Period.'

opinions are just like arseholes.....
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32710627

You are lost.

You are clueless.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32710627

I wish you were aborted!
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/21/2013 08:26 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to biblesuite.com]

I will let you study the issue independently.

I know I am grieved that you chose this manner of discussing this volatile topic.

You're not discussing all of the major issues of abortion prevention, and that's better than this murder business. I don't know what caused you to have such a hard heart. It's practically condemnation.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to engage the nonbelievers, which is the whole point right? Isn't that your goal? Or is it comdemnation? If so, you're definitely in the wrong.

GLP