Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,073 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 894,944
Pageviews Today: 1,595,483Threads Today: 677Posts Today: 12,035
06:14 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

NY Dem: Don't Release that Document Showing We want to CONFISCATE GUNS (video)

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32430667
United States
01/21/2013 10:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
NY Dem: Don't Release that Document Showing We want to CONFISCATE GUNS (video)

In the video, New York Republican Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin is speaking to Democrat New York Assemblyman Joseph Lentol.

Here is the transcript:

McLaughlin: ... Something that we received from the Senate, Democrat proposals in this gun bill. And I don't know if you've seen this, or if you know that these are there or not.

Lentol: Well we don't have our own list of rejected proposals, that the Senate rejected, so I don't have anything to show you.

McLaughlin: Okay. Alright, then I won't address it then if you haven't seen it. I'll leave that one alone. Okay, thank you, Joe. Appreciate it.

Lentol: And by the way, I would recommend not to have that list shared because it has the capacity to dampen the enthusiasm of compromise.

McLaughlin: Well, it sure does when we talk about the confiscation of assault weapons. It absolutely has the ability to dampen a compromise.

more details: [link to www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31040481
United States
01/21/2013 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: NY Dem: Don't Release that Document Showing We want to CONFISCATE GUNS (video)
... just for those who say there is no plan to CONFISCATE guns ...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11733971
United States
01/21/2013 10:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: NY Dem: Don't Release that Document Showing We want to CONFISCATE GUNS (video)

In the video, New York Republican Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin is speaking to Democrat New York Assemblyman Joseph Lentol.

Here is the transcript:

McLaughlin: ... Something that we received from the Senate, Democrat proposals in this gun bill. And I don't know if you've seen this, or if you know that these are there or not.

Lentol: Well we don't have our own list of rejected proposals, that the Senate rejected, so I don't have anything to show you.

McLaughlin: Okay. Alright, then I won't address it then if you haven't seen it. I'll leave that one alone. Okay, thank you, Joe. Appreciate it.

Lentol: And by the way, I would recommend not to have that list shared because it has the capacity to dampen the enthusiasm of compromise.

McLaughlin: Well, it sure does when we talk about the confiscation of assault weapons. It absolutely has the ability to dampen a compromise.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32430667

Good find OP!
soldier32
User ID: 1557116
United States
01/21/2013 10:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
All Dems would like to take your guns, all of them. And for those who think it is ok are just stupid. Governments have killed more people then anything else in this world, over 290 million.
TheTruthNeverLies

User ID: 28381736
United States
Report Abusive Post
yea i saw this live and my mouth dropped!! They wont do it, it will start a war and they know that. They want to so bad though, its like putting a fat kid in a front of a cake telling him he cant eat it lol

Last Edited by TheTruthNeverLies on 01/21/2013 10:34 AM
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

"Religion and morality are the essential pillars of civil society."

-George Washington, Father of our country & 1st President
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32724523
United States
Report Abusive Post

Here is the transcript:

Good job OP for typing out the text content along with the video. Thanks!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32720904
United States
01/21/2013 10:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
All Dems would like to take your guns, all of them. And for those who think it is ok are just stupid. Governments have killed more people then anything else in this world, over 290 million.
 Quoting: soldier32 1557116

clappa
psyoptics

User ID: 11919225
United States
01/21/2013 10:37 AM

Report Abusive Post
it is one thing to tell a US citizen they can not buy a new gun.
it is a whole different issue to say the US government will take guns away from the US citizens.

Last Edited by psyoptics on 01/21/2013 10:38 AM
a good video editor can make anyone say anything the editor wants.
Truthache

User ID: 1465537
United States
01/21/2013 10:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wow! That Lentol is a shifty bastard. Look at that guy squirm!

There it is in black and white and just waiting for a handful of some so-called "representatives" to act on the behalf of the people.

Behold the power of a corrupt and lawless democracy.

5* OP!
in warm pursuit...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32725783
United States
01/21/2013 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Wisconsin

There is no plan to confiscate.

Those are rejected proposals.
RedDawnPost

User ID: 15731848
United States
01/21/2013 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32725783

Proposed, non the less.
"To harm another, is to harm ones self." ~Socrates

"Love your brother like your soul, guard him like the pupil of your eye."

Alternative News:
[link to www.reddawnpost.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21357052
United States
01/21/2013 11:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

There it is in black and white and just waiting for a handful of some so-called "representatives" to act on the behalf of the people.

5* OP!
 Quoting: Truthache

That is a ridiculous amount of squirming! Perhaps someone on our side should approach him with a video camera and ask him some questions. It is obvious that he has trouble controlling himself & that he knows something (or really has to go to the bathroom). It could even be said that his nervousness is exactly why he responded back with the (subliminally) intimidating phrase that they caused the other congressman to say what he was originally intending on saying anyways. (/Politics)

Great video for exposing this! Repost to social media now

bump
Question EVERYTHING
Traveler In The Matrix

User ID: 32556100
United States
01/21/2013 11:18 AM

Report Abusive Post
Boy, you sure could see the coward in the eyes of that DemoPUKE.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

"Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." ~ George Orwell

"The exact level of tyranny that you're going to live under, is the level of tyranny you put up with." ~Thomas Jefferson

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21357052
United States
01/21/2013 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
He talks about it reducing compliance because if people know that they have proposed confiscating guns that people will be less likely to register them. Makes sense.

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25038606
United States
01/21/2013 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
its of confiscation of assault weapons, we already know this.
Truthache

User ID: 1465537
United States
01/21/2013 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

5* OP!

That is a ridiculous amount of squirming! Perhaps someone on our side should approach him with a video camera and ask him some questions. It is obvious that he has trouble controlling himself & that he knows something (or really has to go to the bathroom). It could even be said that his nervousness is exactly why he responded back with the (subliminally) intimidating phrase that they caused the other congressman to say what he was originally intending on saying anyways. (/Politics)

Great video for exposing this! Repost to social media now

bump
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21357052

Yeah, it reminded me of this exchange almost immediately
Every time I see this video a chill runs down my spine.

It appears that what they were avoiding talking about openly then is what they are implementing today.
in warm pursuit...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32720070
United States
01/21/2013 11:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

haaaaaa the rtard is strong with you we all see, the point is THEY WANTED TOO. why would we ever TRUST anyone like that? you obviously arent even a useful idiot.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1383312
United States
01/21/2013 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
it is one thing to tell a US citizen they can not buy a new gun.
it is a whole different issue to say the US government will take guns away from the US citizens.
 Quoting: psyoptics

LET'S NOT FORGET ...
[link to www.youtube.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14443159
United States
01/21/2013 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

And all they need is another sandy hoax to bring it up again until they are approved, or something much larger scale to achieve it via pres. Hussein's EO
Munsoned

User ID: 27143553
United States
01/21/2013 12:08 PM
Report Abusive Post
We should kick NY out of the union, Cali too.
Freedom requires breathing room, the Constitution presupposes that there will be some crazies among us so that the rest of us can enjoy freedom. - Judge Andrew Napolitano

A huge shit cloud is coming!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29898248
Sweden
01/21/2013 12:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
There it is, they are control freaks.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23761243
United States
01/21/2013 12:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
So, you're asking... what is gun control about?

It is about disdain for those who "cling" to their guns as a source of power.

It is about their hatred for the people they percieve to be the gun culture (white, low-income, rural, uneducated).

It is ideological warfare, designed to break the will of the political resistance.

It is about demoralizing one's political opponents by desecrating the symbol of the group's identity.

It is about getting all the guns, by any means necessary.

It is about social justice, and removing the last vestige of power from the group that they believe is most responsible for the sins of America's past.

It is about demonization, because they must first hate us in order to justify taking what they know is our rightful liberty.

It is about scapegoating, because they won't be supported unless the masses can be convinced that dead children are our fault.

It is about ridicule, because they believe in their own cultural and intellectual superiority.

It is about emotion, because logic, reason and empirical data do not support them.

It is about making America less like its "shameful" past.

It is about making America more like countries that they percieve to be civilized.

It is about resenting the idea of America, and wanting to change it into something else.

It is about "progress".

It is about preaching the ideals of democracy, but harboring deep mistrust of your fellow man.

It is about promoting power to the people, but only meaning certain people.

It is about society as a zero-sum game, where power can only be given to the oppressed if it is relinquished by the oppressor.

It is about making you live with the fear and insecurity that they live with daily.

It is about removing barriers of resistance to a future that they know you will be tempted to resist.

It is about making you more like them, because they know they are right.

It is about people who think they know more than you doing something that they believe is for your own good.

It is about an egalitarian ideal from the 19th Century that they believe would work "if only done properly".

It is about egalite and fraternite above life and liberte.

It is about rewriting our history to pretend that America was always the thing that they intend to turn it into.

It is about the sense of power and delight that they would gain from watching you be disarmed.

It is about the fact that you cannot be trusted to comply.

It is about the simple fact that they do not like you.

It is about submission.

And compromise with them is nothing more than submission.
uscrusader1

User ID: 9491757
United States
01/21/2013 12:50 PM

Report Abusive Post

"confiscation""dampen the enthusiasm"!?

Yeah, dampen... :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32347523
United States
01/21/2013 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah, it reminded me of this exchange almost immediately
Every time I see this video a chill runs down my spine.

It appears that what they were avoiding talking about openly then is what they are implementing today.

2 of the 3 people in that video died last month...

Longtime Texas congressman Jack Brooks dead at 89

[link to politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com]

Hawaii's Daniel Inouye, Senate's second longest-serving member, dead at 88
[link to www.cnn.com]

I bet they're both fucking kids on a beach somewhere...
CleverMoniker
User ID: 26707174
Canada
01/21/2013 01:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

clappa
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32720904

Actually that's not true at all.

All a government can do is ask, it is the dumb, blindly patriotic masses that do the killing.

It is the people in the military, on the ground, with gun in hand, that are making the final, moral decision of whether or not to kill another human being simply because it was requested of them.

If someone whispers in my ear 'hey, go kill that guy' and I go kill him, will the police let me go and instead arrest the whisperer? Not likely.

You say 'government' like it's a separate entity. As though it is fundamentally different from you. When it is fact simply you, given power and leadership.
s. d. butler

User ID: 974819
United States
01/21/2013 01:29 PM
Report Abusive Post

There is ALWAYS a plan to confiscate.
s. d. butler

United States
01/21/2013 01:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

clappa
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32720904

Actually that's not true at all.

All a government can do is ask, it is the dumb, blindly patriotic masses that do the killing.

It is the people in the military, on the ground, with gun in hand, that are making the final, moral decision of whether or not to kill another human being simply because it was requested of them.

If someone whispers in my ear 'hey, go kill that guy' and I go kill him, will the police let me go and instead arrest the whisperer? Not likely.

You say 'government' like it's a separate entity. As though it is fundamentally different from you. When it is fact simply you, given power and leadership.
 Quoting: CleverMoniker 26707174

Government is in fact a separate entity. It is a special interest group that operates in its own interest.

They want you to to believe otherwise and maintain the fiction that government is of by and for the people. In fact it is of by and for itself.

What actually happens is a psychotic government gets in power,attracts and empowers psychopaths and before long you have death camps.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14093481
United States
01/21/2013 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

a proposal is a plan..dumbass.
s. d. butler

United States
01/21/2013 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
So, you're asking... what is gun control about?

It is about disdain for those who "cling" to their guns as a source of power.

It is about their hatred for the people they percieve to be the gun culture (white, low-income, rural, uneducated).

It is ideological warfare, designed to break the will of the political resistance.

It is about demoralizing one's political opponents by desecrating the symbol of the group's identity.

It is about getting all the guns, by any means necessary.

It is about social justice, and removing the last vestige of power from the group that they believe is most responsible for the sins of America's past.

It is about demonization, because they must first hate us in order to justify taking what they know is our rightful liberty.

It is about scapegoating, because they won't be supported unless the masses can be convinced that dead children are our fault.

It is about ridicule, because they believe in their own cultural and intellectual superiority.

It is about emotion, because logic, reason and empirical data do not support them.

It is about making America less like its "shameful" past.

It is about making America more like countries that they percieve to be civilized.

It is about resenting the idea of America, and wanting to change it into something else.

It is about "progress".

It is about preaching the ideals of democracy, but harboring deep mistrust of your fellow man.

It is about promoting power to the people, but only meaning certain people.

It is about society as a zero-sum game, where power can only be given to the oppressed if it is relinquished by the oppressor.

It is about making you live with the fear and insecurity that they live with daily.

It is about removing barriers of resistance to a future that they know you will be tempted to resist.

It is about making you more like them, because they know they are right.

It is about people who think they know more than you doing something that they believe is for your own good.

It is about an egalitarian ideal from the 19th Century that they believe would work "if only done properly".

It is about egalite and fraternite above life and liberte.

It is about rewriting our history to pretend that America was always the thing that they intend to turn it into.

It is about the sense of power and delight that they would gain from watching you be disarmed.

It is about the fact that you cannot be trusted to comply.

It is about the simple fact that they do not like you.

It is about submission.

And compromise with them is nothing more than submission.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 23761243

You nailed it. Well said.

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28130050
United States
01/21/2013 01:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why does this look like the worst acting ever?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28770978
United States
01/21/2013 01:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
We should kick NY out of the union, Cali too.
 Quoting: Munsoned

just remember,
NY was the first city to fall to
the British in the first Revolution.

history repeats itself

GLP