Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,940 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,549,440
Pageviews Today: 2,573,389Threads Today: 1,028Posts Today: 18,255
11:55 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Pacific Group Becomes Latest Hedge Fund Converting Assets to Physical Gold "Great Article a Must Read" !

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31968081
United States
01/21/2013 10:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Pacific Group Becomes Latest Hedge Fund Converting Assets to Physical Gold "Great Article a Must Read" !
Respected hedge fund managers and investors such as George Soros, John Paulson, Bill Gross, David Einhorn and Kyle Bass have diversified into gold - the latter two opting for the safety of allocated physical gold bars.

The Hong Kong-based asset manager plans to take delivery of $35 million worth of gold bars that can be traded on the London Bullion Market Association and other international markets, William Kaye, its founder and chief investment officer, said in a telephone interview on January 18.

It has secured vault space at Hong Kong International Airport to store the gold, he said.

Investors disillusioned with government money printing to service “insurmountable” public debt may seek alternatives to fiat currencies, Kaye said.

Fiat currencies have no tangible backing, such as gold or silver, except governments’ good faith and can become worthless due to hyperinflation or loss of public faith.

[link to goldsilver.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 961432
United States
01/21/2013 10:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Pacific Group Becomes Latest Hedge Fund Converting Assets to Physical Gold "Great Article a Must Read" !
Central banks have so far been able to manipulate interest rates to allow governments to service their debt at low costs, averting market seizures, Kaye said. Still, the next big rally in precious-metal prices may be 18 months to two years away, triggered by a “financial catastrophe,” he added.

Here are some money quotes:

Risk cannot be eliminated, it can only be suppressed or transferred to others.

In promising financial security to hundreds of millions of citizens, Central States have in effect claimed that risk--that the promises cannot be kept--has been eliminated. This is an ontological impossibility. Risk cannot be eliminated, it can only be pushed beneath the surface or transferred to others.

Promising financial security is also promising that risk has been systemically eliminated. This is the fundamental dynamic of the "social contract" that underpins societies and economies from Europe to Japan. It is a social contract constructed on an ontological illusion.

[link to www.oftwominds.com]

I'd like to quote the whole article, but that violate terms. Mr. Charles Hugh Smith talks about macro issues, not trees, forests.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 3161013
United States
01/21/2013 11:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Pacific Group Becomes Latest Hedge Fund Converting Assets to Physical Gold "Great Article a Must Read" !
Gross has said in the past that a US downgrade would pretty much demoralize the T-bill market and everyone knows that even though companies maybe solvent and flush with cash, what good is paper if the dollar goes south after yet another US downgrade...

That leaves PM's....

I dreamt the other night that a I was reading the PM's tickers and GOLD was at a whopping $6,847...

Yeah, baby!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32715180
Germany
01/21/2013 11:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Gross has said in the past that a US downgrade would pretty much demoralize the T-bill market and everyone knows that even though companies maybe solvent and flush with cash, what good is paper if the dollar goes south after yet another US downgrade...

That leaves PM's....

I dreamt the other night that a I was reading the PM's tickers and GOLD was at a whopping $6,847...

Yeah, baby!!!!
 Quoting: 4Evergirl

If gold's at 6000, the current system is in total chaos.
duncog2012

User ID: 24294934
United States
01/21/2013 11:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

That leaves PM's....

Yeah, baby!!!!

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32715180

That is the problem. I have diversified into PM just to maintain my assets and because the market is rigged and a losing proposition for individual investors w/o inside info. Initially, I thought I could make a killing on PM. I did do well, but the point I want to make now is that they are so tightly manipulated by the Gov.(as is the market)that the only way there value will increase is when TPTB loss control over the markets and when that happens all hell will break loose. IMHObump

Last Edited by duncog2012 on 01/21/2013 11:39 AM
duncog2012
duncog2012

User ID: 24294934
United States
01/21/2013 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Repatriation Avalanche Gaining Momentum: Azerbaijan to Withdraw All Gold From JP Morgan Vaults

[link to www.silverdoctors.com]

More bad news for the dollar.
duncog2012
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 31968081
United States
01/21/2013 11:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
The Cambridge Gold and Silver summit "LIVE"

Hell of a lineup today !!

Link to livestream: [link to cambridgehouse.com]

Todays lineup !!

Monday Januray 21st

8:30 AM: Greg McCoach - 10 Reasons Precious Metals Prices are Ready to Break Out in 2013

9:00 AM: Glenn Ives - Tracking The Trends 2013: Deloitte’s 5th Annual Report on the Top 10 Issues Facing the Mining Industry

9:30 AM: Danielle Park - What a Slower Growth World Tells Us About Present Stock Valuations and Gurus

3:30 PM: Peter Schiff - The Canadian Yuan: Why Canada Will Divorce the US and Marry China

4:00 PM: Brent Cook - The One Certainty for Miners and Explorers, 2013 and Beyond

4:30 PM: Thomas S. Drolet - North American Energy Investment Opportunities ... A Detailed Review In The Wake of the 2012 US Re-Election of President Obama

5:00 PM: Chris Lewicki - Asteroid Mining: The Compelling Opportunity and What It Means For Mining On Earth, Today

5:30 PM: Marin Katusa, Louis James, Jeff Clark, Doug Casey - Casey Research
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 961432
United States
01/21/2013 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

That leaves PM's....

Yeah, baby!!!!

That is the problem. I have diversified into PM just to maintain my assets and because the market is rigged and a losing proposition for individual investors w/o inside info. Initially, I thought I could make a killing on PM. I did do well, but the point I want to make now is that they are so tightly manipulated by the Gov.(as is the market)that the only way there value will increase is when TPTB loss control over the markets and when that happens all hell will break loose. IMHObump
 Quoting: duncog2012

The whole world is transitioning from one where markets are places for price discovery and capital formation to one where credit is extended/deployed solely on empty promises of central planning command and control.

To succeed, to be profitable, to generate return markets must be indicative of risk, that risk must not be masked by central planning control eliminate the risk and eliminate return.

In other words, this "system" we have been in for over 4 years now is transitory the end is calamity. We passed the time when one took risk to generate return on capital to one where you store existing wealth for the post-collapse condition.

I hold some silver (I'm poor) so that when it all comes down I have something tangible to trade for necessities. The end of this complex system, now hinged on elimination of individual sovereignty and autonomy is coming and as history shows can only be replaced (begin again) with barter.

We are returning eventually to a pure barter type economy. In that system the historical placeholder of wealth are precious metals. I wish I had more to buy more, but at least I have some and I'm not selling it for any kind of short term "profit".

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28232375
United States
01/21/2013 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
PMs are great! Wish I had some! But I would also like to point out that LAND OWNERSHIP is what made this country possible. During the Great Depression in the 30's, the people on farms did better than those in the cities. They were also able to help many by offering room and board in exchange for work. Many destitute city dwellers sent their children to live with family members in the rural farm lands.

We all would do well to figure out a way to move to our small rural acreage while at the same time retaining some source of revenue (i.e. job/income stream). It's not easy in this economy! However, there are small farms for sale all over the country.

Even if you don't own the land outright, an acre or two could give you the means of survival when $$$ is worth nothing. Corn/beans/squash and a chicken coop are life sustaining, and rural folk tend to stick together and help one another.

I am trying like the dickens to get all my duckies lined up in a row...
Saddletramp

User ID: 736969
Puerto Rico
01/21/2013 01:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
University of Texas Trust Fund did this back in 2011 I believe...

They converted a large portion of paper and segregated accounts into physical gold, though I don't know if they are finished or not...
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."

"We don't rent pigs!"
Pinocchia
User ID: 32743617
United States
01/21/2013 02:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
:grin:

I love you guys! Thanks for the tip!
Pinocchia
United States
01/21/2013 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Pinocchia
United States
01/21/2013 02:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30987370
United Kingdom
01/21/2013 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

That leaves PM's....

Yeah, baby!!!!

Exactly - so what's it going to be like when we hit $10k... pretty fucking messy
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28870983
United States
01/21/2013 03:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
If Kyle Bass is moving to gold, this sucker is about to implode.....

GLP