Veranidae
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 26743899
United States
01/21/2013 10:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
CIA Or KGB, Take Your Pick
I don't know WHY I never thought of it in these terms, but some embraced H.W. as the successor of Ronald Reagan while criticizing the rise of Vladimir Putin in Russia. The media was always quick to assert the KGB was running Russia and that the cold war never ended. But what about H.W., the former director of the CIA? Would that explain President Reagan's disdain for the guy? I mention this following a dated interview I watched with Ron Paul yesterday. DAMMIT, I wish I had been willing to open my eyes a long time ago. I'm guessing President Reagan couldn't have a moment alone on the commode without the CIA knowing what he ate the day before. All the while, Mrs. Reagan was trying desperately to get kids to say "no" to drugs while the CIA was cultivating them, manufacturing them, distributing them, and selling them to fund exploits in the "national interest." I wonder if they hadn't thought about whacking HER. No demand for drugs would have RUINED their business model.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21903530
Canada
01/21/2013 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: CIA Or KGB, Take Your Pick
A Russian tells an American, "Since the fall of communism we are free to criticize our government"

The American replies "So what? In the USA we are also free to criticize your government."

GLP