Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,855 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 888,382
Pageviews Today: 1,525,781Threads Today: 604Posts Today: 11,112
04:54 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta removes military ban on women in combat, opening thousands of front line positions

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28546716
United States
01/23/2013 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta removes military ban on women in combat, opening thousands of front line positions
The arz-ray-leez tried this and it was a disaster. When women get injured, the men turned to jellied shit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32733311
United States
01/23/2013 09:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta removes military ban on women in combat, opening thousands of front line positions
worrisome 4 sure
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32074374
United States
01/23/2013 09:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Call me a Dinosaur I don't care this is a bad idea.
I realize there are women out there that are probably faster stronger and better shot than me but I would hate the think that mothers are out there dying in combat for these fucking NOTHING but oil profit driven wars.
This is vile .
On the other hand if the US was under a hostile invasion from another country and all we had was at stake that would be another story and Annie grab a gun.
Don'tBeAfraid

User ID: 32113282
United States
01/23/2013 09:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Call me a Dinosaur I don't care this is a bad idea.
I realize there are women out there that are probably faster stronger and better shot than me but I would hate the think that mothers are out there dying in combat for these fucking NOTHING but oil profit driven wars.
This is vile .
On the other hand if the US was under a hostile invasion from another country and all we had was at stake that would be another story and Annie grab a gun.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32074374

Since some youngsters won't know what you mean:
Annie Oakley
[link to www.lkwdpl.org]

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/23/2013 09:58 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32903826
United States
01/23/2013 10:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
and, of course, don't be forgetting Calamity Jane.

("the calamity" was the popular term for syphilis back then :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 20903842
United States
01/23/2013 10:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
Panetta would hide behind a woman, what a coward pos! angryface
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 32074374
United States
01/23/2013 10:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
This shows the world our hand also the fact that the US military is spread out SO thin that we are having to resort to women on front lines to fill the spots upfront.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/23/2013 10:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
It's not that women can't be combat soldiers, for some could. It's not that they can't do the physical things that some men(not all) can do like carrying another soldier out, for some can. It's that it's unnecessary given a decreasing role of a military we already can't afford.

Bring them home. Stop being world policemen. Give soldiers real jobs to create wealth so they buy homes. Focus on professional domestic soldiers.

If we had enough oil domestically, would the Middle East even matter in the final analysis? Nope, not for us. It would for Europe. It would for Russia and China. Let them deal with it. The Suez Canal is a long way from the USA. Bring the jobs back. That will increase the real security of the USA.

Having women in combat positions is illogical. The only reasons are as a social experiment and to bolster the amount of troops to draw from in a time of massive need. We don't have that. It's foolish to change everything. It's expensive.

If some women wish to do it, let them try. We don't oppose women attempting to reach for goals. That's un-American. Let them try. Some might succeed. You don't force women to do it if you don't logically need to do it.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/23/2013 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Calamity Jane

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1051105
United States
01/23/2013 10:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta removes military ban on women in combat, opening thousands of front line positions

[link to www.breakingnews.com]
 Quoting: Dixie Normous

YEEEEEHAAAA!!! Now our Daughters can fight and die for the criminal elite....of course that would be after the Naked Body Scanning and Groping.......YEEEEHAAAA!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 30680754
United States
01/24/2013 12:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20903842

these slimy bastards that are running are goverment are the worst of the worst
Judysnowflake

United States
01/24/2013 12:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20903842

these slimy bastards that are running are goverment are the worst of the worst
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30680754

girls in combat:

telling it straight

User ID: 1461054
United States
01/24/2013 12:19 AM

Report Abusive Post
Great!

Now every woman in the service can be raped to death protecting the Muslim Brotherhood in Obama's World Caliphate Expansion project!

banana
 Quoting: Professor Xavier

All going along according to plan.....
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26194713
United States
01/24/2013 04:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

The govt could be doing this now for population control. More women killed in battle=less people and fewer potential baby-makers. A double-whammy.

Fits the agenda of reducing population.
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/24/2013 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post

The govt could be doing this now for population control. More women killed in battle=less people and fewer potential baby-makers. A double-whammy.

Fits the agenda of reducing population.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26194713

girls with guns

SeekWisdom

User ID: 14695767
United States
01/24/2013 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good, finally.
 Quoting: CeeLite

tool
"The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding"

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Albert Einstein

Get over here!- Scorpion
SeekWisdom

United States
01/24/2013 10:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's not that women can't be combat soldiers, for some could. It's not that they can't do the physical things that some men(not all) can do like carrying another soldier out, for some can. It's that it's unnecessary given a decreasing role of a military we already can't afford.

Bring them home. Stop being world policemen. Give soldiers real jobs to create wealth so they buy homes. Focus on professional domestic soldiers.

If we had enough oil domestically, would the Middle East even matter in the final analysis? Nope, not for us. It would for Europe. It would for Russia and China. Let them deal with it. The Suez Canal is a long way from the USA. Bring the jobs back. That will increase the real security of the USA.

Having women in combat positions is illogical. The only reasons are as a social experiment and to bolster the amount of troops to draw from in a time of massive need. We don't have that. It's foolish to change everything. It's expensive.

If some women wish to do it, let them try. We don't oppose women attempting to reach for goals. That's un-American. Let them try. Some might succeed. You don't force women to do it if you don't logically need to do it.
 Quoting: Don'tBeAfraid

We don't need women on the front line period!

Albert Einstein

Get over here!- Scorpion
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/24/2013 10:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: SeekWisdom

Isn't that up to the women that want to go for it? It's not up to you and me.

Here's a KY Southern Belle from Bowling Green who earned the Silver Star:
[link to www.womensmemorial.org]
"

SGT Leigh Ann Hester

Voices of Valor
An American Hero: Army Woman Earns Silver Star and Makes History

When a 19 year old from Bowling Green, KY, enlisted in the Army National Guard in 2001, she probably never dreamed she’d become an American hero or that she’d make it into the history books—but that’s exactly what SGT Leigh Ann Hester did in 2005. Her actions during an enemy ambush on a US supply convoy made her an American hero. Being awarded the Silver Star—the nation’s third highest award for valor—for her actions that day, gave her a permanent place in American history. "

[link to www.washingtonpost.com]
" After insurgents hit the convoy with a barrage of fire from machine guns, AK-47 assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades, Hester "maneuvered her team through the kill zone into a flanking position where she assaulted a trench line with grenades and M203 rounds," according to the Army citation accompanying the Silver Star.

"She then cleared two trenches with her squad leader where she engaged and eliminated three AIF [anti-Iraqi forces] with her M4 rifle. Her actions saved the lives of numerous convoy members," the citation stated. "

Should she have just said, "Well I'm a woman, I can't do it?"

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/24/2013 10:31 AM
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/24/2013 10:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's not that women can't be combat soldiers,

Isn't that up to the women that want to go for it? It's not up to you and me.

girls in combat:

Quoting: Judysnowflake
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/24/2013 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post

Col. Ruby Bradley
[link to en.wikipedia.org]
"Bradley served in the Korean War as Chief Nurse for the 171st Evacuation Hospital before being named Chief Nurse for the Eighth Army in 1951 where she supervised over 500 Army nurses throughout Korea. It was there that she refused to leave until she had loaded the sick and wounded onto a plane while surrounded by 100,000 Chinese soldiers. She was able to jump aboard the plane just as her ambulance exploded from an enemy shell.

She was promoted to the rank of colonel in 1958 and retired from the Army in 1963. Her military record included 34 medals and citations of bravery, including two Legion of Merit medals, two Bronze stars, two Presidential Emblems, the World War II Victory Medal, and the United Nations Service Medal.

She was the subject of a February 23, 2000 NBC Nightly News report by Tom Brokaw about the forgotten heroes of the military."
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/24/2013 10:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

[link to www.msnbc.msn.com]
"Army Spc. Monica Lin Brown saved the lives of fellow soldiers after a roadside bomb tore through a convoy of Humvees in the eastern Paktia province in April 2007, the military said.

After the explosion, which wounded five soldiers in her unit, Brown ran through insurgent gunfire and used her body to shield wounded comrades as mortars fell less than 100 yards away, the military said."

Don't get me wrong, I don't want women to be drafted or forced into a combat position. But if some want to go for it, I wouldn't stop them. They're patriots.
SeekWisdom

United States
01/24/2013 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post

"Army Spc. Monica Lin Brown saved the lives of fellow soldiers after a roadside bomb tore through a convoy of Humvees in the eastern Paktia province in April 2007, the military said.

After the explosion, which wounded five soldiers in her unit, Brown ran through insurgent gunfire and used her body to shield wounded comrades as mortars fell less than 100 yards away, the military said."

Don't get me wrong, I don't want women to be drafted or forced into a combat position. But if some want to go for it, I wouldn't stop them. They're patriots.

If we are sending women to the front lines then are country doesn't need to be defended.

Albert Einstein

Get over here!- Scorpion
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/24/2013 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

If we are sending women to the front lines then are country doesn't need to be defended.

What does that mean...elaborate?
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/24/2013 11:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
Panetta's dream for American girls with guns:

CowgirlK

User ID: 5762158
United States
01/24/2013 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think the Israelis tried women in frontline combat units and it didn't work. Same with the Russians IIRC.
 Quoting: s. d. butler

You are correct.

The problem with women on the front lines has nothing to do with their ability to do a mans job.

The problem is...Capture and torture!

The first time a woman is captured and pictures of her being gang raped, water boarded, and then beheaded show up in the media, how are you going to feel about women on the front lines then?

I'm sure when women are captured and held in the modern day version of the Hanoi Hilton, her captors will furnish her with a great big box of tampons to make her stay comfortable. Oh wait, they will probably just knock her up so they don't have to worry about tampons. Then she can give birth to an enemy bastard child and they call all live happily ever after.

Common sense is dead.

another do
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/24/2013 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
I think the Israelis tried women in frontline combat units and it didn't work. Same with the Russians IIRC.

You are correct.

The problem with women on the front lines has nothing to do with their ability to do a mans job.

Quoting: CowgirlK

the men don't fare much better as prisoners of War.

and, the Israelis have reported numerous times that
their women in combat are working out splendidly.
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/24/2013 12:53 PM
Report Abusive Post

You are correct.

The first time a woman is captured and pictures of her being gang raped, water boarded, and then beheaded show up in the media, how are you going to feel about women on the front lines then?

I'm sure when women are captured and held in the modern day version of the Hanoi Hilton, her captors will furnish her with a great big box of tampons to make her stay comfortable. Oh wait, they will probably just knock her up so they don't have to worry about tampons. Then she can give birth to an enemy bastard child and they call all live happily ever after.

Common sense is dead.

another do
 Quoting: CowgirlK

You're right. The American people will go apeshit if that happens. I mean it will be difficult not to "go medieval on their ass". I mean like massive airstrikes and possibly tactical nukes, and hence why it's always been a policy of last resort.

A lot of folks are talking out their butt. We have women in combat zones in all kinds of jobs. At any time they could have to defend themselves from enemy fire. It's not like they're going to run away and not return fire. Of course they will.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/24/2013 12:56 PM
SeekWisdom

United States
01/24/2013 01:27 PM
Report Abusive Post

If you agree with this then you are part of the problem. Women are meant for nurturing not killing.

Albert Einstein

Get over here!- Scorpion
Don'tBeAfraid

United States
01/24/2013 01:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

If you agree with this then you are part of the problem. Women are meant for nurturing not killing.

So you're the authority we all need to listen to? Hoo boy. So basically women need to ask your personal permission to fight in the US Armed Services. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Then by damned I'm glad to be part of your problem.

Last Edited by Don'tBeAfraid on 01/24/2013 01:33 PM
SeekWisdom

United States
01/24/2013 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

So you're the authority we all need to listen to? Hoo boy. So basically women need to ask your personal permission to fight in the US Armed Services. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Then by damned I'm glad to be part of your problem.

Not my problem,America's problem. Do you support feminism?

Albert Einstein

Get over here!- Scorpion

GLP