Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,608 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 225,614
Pageviews Today: 365,415Threads Today: 123Posts Today: 1,950
04:42 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Besides the Bible's account, {Genesis Chapter 6-9}- What evidence do we see on the earth to confirm there was a global flood?

CelestialMaiden  (OP)

User ID: 30718771
United States
01/25/2013 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Besides the Bible's account, {Genesis Chapter 6-9}- What evidence do we see on the earth to confirm there was a global flood?
rainbows
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32982068

And God added: :This is the sign of the covenant that I am giving between me and you and every living soul that is with you, for the generations to time indefinite. My rainbow I do give in the cloud, and it must serve as a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. And it shall occur that when I bring a cloud over the earth, then the rainbow will certainly appear in the cloud. And I shall certainly remember my covenant which is between me and you and every living soul among all flesh: and no more will the waters become a deluge to bring all flesh to ruin. And the rainbow must occur in the cloud, and I shall certainly see it to remember the covenant to time indefinite between God and every living soul among all flesh that is upon the earth- Genesis 9:12-16
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
01/25/2013 10:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Besides the Bible's account, {Genesis Chapter 6-9}- What evidence do we see on the earth to confirm there was a global flood?
there is proof that much of the world's dry land has at one time been covered with water.

however, not all at the same time.

and certainly not within a 6,000 year time frame.
 Quoting: david 16910407

"Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters"- Genesis 1:2

yes, at one time the earth was only covered with water- at the beginning of earths creation, and that was all at the same "time"- the flood of Noah's day occurred later and yes, the flood waters covered the earth at the same time.

"And the waters continued overwhelming the earth a hundred and fifty days."- Genesis 7:24
anonymous coward
User ID: 966990
United States
01/25/2013 10:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I always thought the flood was local and not global anyways.
anonymous coward
User ID: 966990
United States
01/25/2013 10:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
there is proof that much of the world's dry land has at one time been covered with water.

"Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters"- Genesis 1:2

yes, at one time the earth was only covered with water- at the beginning of earths creation, and that was all at the same "time"- the flood of Noah's day occurred later and yes, the flood waters covered the earth at the same time.

"And the waters continued overwhelming the earth a hundred and fifty days."- Genesis 7:24
 Quoting: CelestialMaiden

I see you were talking about the one before Noah, There was a global one before Noah though.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33034463
South Africa
01/25/2013 10:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tis merely a flesh wound!!!
only me
User ID: 33027273
United States
01/25/2013 10:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
you ass hole just read all of gen. dont nick pick, read the entire chapter, and beware read last of rev. dont add or take out you know good shit head

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33035631
United States
01/25/2013 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
fertile lands
Son of Man

User ID: 33027680
United Kingdom
01/25/2013 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
CocoRosie- Noah's Ark (Talal & Zoi Remix)

[link to www.youtube.com]

Noah's Ark Found hidden conspiracy.flv

Thread: Taking "Religitard" Seriously...I mean, SERIOUSLY. Guy builds full size Noah's Ark

Ecclesiasticus 2:15
Woe to them that are fainthearted, who believe not God: and therefore they shall not be protected by him.

Wisdom 12:2
And therefore thou chastisest them that err, by little and little: and admonishest them, and speakest to them, concerning the things wherein they offend: that leaving their wickedness, they may believe in thee, O Lord.

Ecclesiasticus 2:8
Ye that fear the Lord, believe him: and your reward shall not be made void.

Isaias (Isaiah) 43:10
You are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know, and believe me, and understand that I myself am. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there shall be none.

popepopepope
1 Chronicles 16:22 Touch not my anointed: and do no evil to my prophets.
Colossians 2:[21] Touch not, taste not, handle not:

Thread: Thus saith the LORD: Behold I set before you the way of life, and the way of death.

Thread: Jesus began to preach, and to say: Do penance, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus

Thread: Hell is real and most people are just a breath away from it. Ignorance is no excuse.

3 Kings (1 Kings) 18: [15] And Elias said: As the Lord of hosts liveth, before whose face I stand, this day.

Amos 3:7 For the Lord God doth nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.

BEHOLD! THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND!

Matthew 10: [34] Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.

Jeremias (Jeremiah) 25: [27] And thou shalt say to them: Thus saith the Lord of hosts the God of Israel: Drink ye, and be drunken, and vomit: and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword, which I shall send among you.
[28] And if they refuse to take the cup at thy hand to drink, thou shalt say to them: Thus saith the Lord of hosts: Drinking you shall drink:

Jeremias (Jeremiah) 22:[29] O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the Lord.

Ezechiel (Ezeckiel) 39: [8] Behold it cometh, and it is done, saith the Lord God: this is the day whereof I have spoken.

2 Corinthians 11:31
The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed for ever, knoweth that I lie not.

Matthew 26:[46] Rise, let us go: behold he is at hand that will betray me.[47] As he yet spoke, behold Judas, one of
the twelve, came.

Aggeus (Haggai) 2: [7] For thus saith the Lord of hosts: Yet one little while, and I will move the heaven and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land.

(Isaiah) 24:[3] With desolation shall the earth be laid waste, and it shall be utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.

Zacharias (Zachariah) 13:7
Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that cleaveth to me, saith the Lord of hosts: strike the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered:

Ezechiel (Ezeckiel) 18:32
For I desire not the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God, return ye and live.
V.R.S. N.S.M.V. S.M.Q.L. I.V.B. N.D.S.M.D. C.S.S.M.L. C.S.P.B.
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
01/25/2013 11:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

I see you were talking about the one before Noah, There was a global one before Noah though.
 Quoting: anonymous coward 966990

The waters covering the earth before Noah's time was at the creation of the earth:

And God went onto say: "Let the waters under the heavens be brought together to one place and let the dry land appear." And it came to be so. And God began calling the dry land Earth, but the bringing together of the waters he called Seas. Further God saw that it was good- Genesis 1:9, 10

so, the creation of the earth was reverse of a flood, it was water covering the earth, then land appearing. whereas the Flood of Noah's day was a flooding of the land itself:

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the day all the springs of the vast watery deep were broken open and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. and the downpour upon the earth went on for forty days and forty nights- Genesis 7:11,12
DGN

User ID: 30782865
United States
01/25/2013 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

So your fake Hollywood n Happies video suggests that whale fossil found in deserts is evidence of Noah's flood? Not so fast Doe Doe brain, Magical Magician of evolution, Mr Charles (believe it or not) Darwin explains that thisaway...

These are the whales grandpas. They migrated hundreds of miles inland, without dehydrating, turned the heck into whales, so they could die in the desert and fool everybody about the flood. Get some science would ya!?
shocked
Try to be more like chuck and me, and know stuff already instead of asking stuff k?

Last Edited by DGN on 01/25/2013 11:50 PM
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
01/26/2013 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

So your fake Hollywood n Happies video suggests that whale fossil found in deserts is evidence of Noah's flood? Not so fast Doe Doe brain, Magical Magician of evolution, Mr Charles (believe it or not) Darwin explains that thisaway...

These are the whales grandpas. They migrated hundreds of miles inland, without dehydrating, turned the heck into whales, so they could die in the desert and fool everybody about the flood. Get some science would ya!?
shocked
Try to be more like chuck and me, and know stuff already instead of asking stuff k?
 Quoting: DGN

wow- I feel so dumb- so now I know both where whales come from AND that the flood was a HOAX!
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
01/26/2013 12:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
We have the old myths from a lot of places but still no scientific evidence of a global event.
 Quoting: Ostria1

CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
01/26/2013 01:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
We have the old myths from a lot of places but still no scientific evidence of a global event.

DGN

User ID: 30782865
United States
01/26/2013 01:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

Ohhh..... nah..... that 'knife edge' sediment layer in the grand canyon at 3;04 ... is just the result of time tested normal wear and tear on the earth, not from a sudden massive flow of reseeding flood water, ignore it and be normal. Evidence is not science, it's just what must be ignored because it's stupid..
T Ceti H.C.Radnarg
User ID: 33042620
United States
01/26/2013 07:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
i already solved it with my Atlantis is Antarctica etc thread here..the moon was captured in orbit and all hell broke, in minutes we had our new earth and new heaven and rising waters.. the moon was the promise of no more global flooding ,it was not no dam rainbow...
Horus of the Two Horizons
User ID: 22454667
United States
01/26/2013 08:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Many different peoples of the Earth did record a global flood, but this does not require uniform flooding, deep, and everywhere simultaneously. Obviously many different ethnic groups survived.

A pole shift would jostle the oceans out of their basins like carelessly carrying a bowl of water. Floods would be highest on coastlines facing the "West" (where the sun had been setting) as momentum carries the water in the direction formerly considered east, even if such directions are changing. The oceans can be miles deep, imagine just a 100 meter surge sloshing into the Atlantic coasts of Europe and Africa, and a similar 100 meter Pacific flood along the West of the Americas, followed by the rebound of a lesser surge even 50 meters high into the opposite shores in Asia and the east coasts of the Americas.

Almost all of the world's biggest cities are low lying and coastal. Many would survive, but civilization would collapse, and still have to deal with a new climate because the pole shift probably moved almost everyone to a new latitude.

This happens repeatedly, periodically, and regularly. Ancient people understood these cycles and have warned us in religions, myths, and monuments - especially in the Christian Bible, which gives more than enough clues to determine the date of the next event:

[link to endtimesand2019.webs.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33052285
Italy
01/26/2013 08:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
You didn't debunk yourself.
Melting the polar caps you will get meters of water, and for a global flood you need kilometers.
Lada D

User ID: 20712268
United States
01/26/2013 02:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ground water rose up, polar caps melted, and a near earth water object let loose.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33102182
United States
01/26/2013 11:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
“If Noah’s flood really did occur, what would you expect to find? Billions of dead things, buried in rock layers, laid down by water, all over the earth. And guess what we find? Billions of dead things, buried in rock layers, laid down by water, all over the earth"
 Quoting: cmoG530

applause2

Actually no.
We find the fossils not only kind of like darwinism predicts, but EXACTLY AS IT PREDICTS.. not erratically strewn about all together, clumped in one big mess of all the different species. No Haha. We find dinosaurs were darwinism predicts, we humans the same way, and ect, ect time after time after time. I'm sure you don't know what you're talking about.
Perhaps you should have paid attention when they were talking about archeological finds. And no, there wasn't " an ark found". What planet are you people living on? That would have made the news, I think.
The ark was a metaphor, just the like the flood was. But people who seent so well read can't really grasp the difference between the two.
By your logic we have to believe all the ancient stories. Not just the ones you want to believe, you have to put yourself in the category of someone who takes all of it literally. You can't be pickers and chosers, and say some of it was real, and some of it wasn't. Just go all the way crazy. Okay?
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
01/26/2013 11:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
“If Noah’s flood really did occur, what would you expect to find? Billions of dead things, buried in rock layers, laid down by water, all over the earth. And guess what we find? Billions of dead things, buried in rock layers, laid down by water, all over the earth"
 Quoting: cmoG530

applause2

Actually no.
We find the fossils not only kind of like darwinism predicts, but EXACTLY AS IT PREDICTS.. not erratically strewn about all together, clumped in one big mess of all the different species. No Haha. We find dinosaurs were darwinism predicts, we humans the same way, and ect, ect time after time after time. I'm sure you don't know what you're talking about.
Perhaps you should have paid attention when they were talking about archeological finds. And no, there wasn't " an ark found". What planet are you people living on? That would have made the news, I think.
The ark was a metaphor, just the like the flood was. But people who seent so well read can't really grasp the difference between the two.
By your logic we have to believe all the ancient stories. Not just the ones you want to believe, you have to put yourself in the category of someone who takes all of it literally. You can't be pickers and chosers, and say some of it was real, and some of it wasn't. Just go all the way crazy. Okay?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33102182

So it is supposed then, that, rather than prove that the Flood of Noah's day really DID happen, the burden of proof lays upon unbeliever's to prove the Flood of Noah's day did NOT happen
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33068412
United States
01/26/2013 11:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just flying over this country is enough visual evidence of the aftermath of the Biblical flood. So evident for anyone with eyes to see.
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
01/26/2013 11:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just flying over this country is enough visual evidence of the aftermath of the Biblical flood. So evident for anyone with eyes to see.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33068412

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33102182
United States
01/26/2013 11:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 33068412

Is that the way it looks, or is it just relative to something you've read or heard? It's the number 23 you find it everywhere if you're looking for it.
It doesn't look that way to me at all. You can lay what you believe in on faith all you like, but if all the evidence is against it, then you're just intentionally turning your cheek. We aren't looking to disprove the flood, or god, or any religion's creation, or end of the world theories, it just so happens that the evidence suggests something else.
All of the evidence against the flood was never presented as "this disproves the bible story..Haha" it just does with no motive.
If that hurts anyone's feelings don't blame the messenger!
But at the same time, don't be ignorant.
Lada D

User ID: 20712268
United States
01/27/2013 12:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here are the asshat arguments when it comes to bible and "Proving" anything:

They: The Bible are dum. Its not the true! You cant proof it because it didn't happen, so there!

Us: Well, actually there is a great deal of evidence to show that it did.

They: Pfffft! You dont got syences!

Us: Actually, according to Dr. Such-And-Such of the University of Something You've Heard Of, we have actual science.

They: Well, I dont like yer guys, they're stupid dummy-heads because you don't got syiences, only I have scyeinces!

Us: So, Our Scientists don't count, but yours do? This is your thesis?

They: Huh? Thee-sus?

Us: See, you can't have it both ways. You can't demand a scientist with proof then say he/she is not good enough when we give it to you. If Science is your requirement, and I give you Science, you have no choice but to concede that, at the very least, there may be information out there that you haven't been exposed to, or has been kept from you, or that you willfully ignore because you do not wish to change your own conclusions.

They: Yer dum, I'm going back to my bong and my George Carlin cassettes.
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
01/27/2013 12:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here are the asshat arguments when it comes to bible and "Proving" anything:

They: The Bible are dum. Its not the true! You cant proof it because it didn't happen, so there!

Us: Well, actually there is a great deal of evidence to show that it did.

They: Pfffft! You dont got syences!

Us: Actually, according to Dr. Such-And-Such of the University of Something You've Heard Of, we have actual science.

They: Well, I dont like yer guys, they're stupid dummy-heads because you don't got syiences, only I have scyeinces!

Us: So, Our Scientists don't count, but yours do? This is your thesis?

They: Huh? Thee-sus?

Us: See, you can't have it both ways. You can't demand a scientist with proof then say he/she is not good enough when we give it to you. If Science is your requirement, and I give you Science, you have no choice but to concede that, at the very least, there may be information out there that you haven't been exposed to, or has been kept from you, or that you willfully ignore because you do not wish to change your own conclusions.

They: Yer dum, I'm going back to my bong and my George Carlin cassettes.
 Quoting: Lada D

lolatu

that was pretty funny! thanks! !!
Keneh

User ID: 30197356
United States
01/27/2013 01:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Look at Tibet and Southeast Asia and zoom way out on Google earth. Looks like a flood happened there to me, big one too.
Keneh
CelestialMaiden  (OP)

United States
01/27/2013 03:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Look at Tibet and Southeast Asia and zoom way out on Google earth. Looks like a flood happened there to me, big one too.
 Quoting: Keneh

look at Yosemite itself

V [link to www.youtube.com]
Keneh

User ID: 30197356
United States
01/27/2013 04:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Keneh

look at Yosemite itself

V [link to www.youtube.com]

Yosemite is interesting because it has like two area's where giant sequoia live that somehow escaped the last ice age.
Keneh
CeeLite

User ID: 32527919
United States
01/27/2013 04:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
This thread is reminding me that I replaced my old handbook, well, got a second bible handbook that was less damaged than my own, that talks about historic evidence for the flood. I almost forgot.

Carry on.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31131700
Canada
01/27/2013 07:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
The flood was local and probably in valley which became lake or sea.
We found no skeleton of this period which mean all villages are buried under water..but dinosaurs dating millions of year are found in all part of the world.
if we take the region in the bible, it can be black sea or sea of Marmara.

GLP